Last updated on November 6th, 2020 at 05:35 pm
Indian Institute of Information Technology Bhagalpur was established in 2017 by the MHRD. IIIT Bhagalpur is a Public-Private Partnership institute which is funded by the Government of India (50%), the Government of Bihar (35%) while Bihar state Electronics Development Corporation Limited (BELTRON) holds the remaining 15% share in it. IIIT Bhagalpur is considered one of the top engineering colleges in India.
- It is one of the youngest IIITs in India set up under the PPP model.
- The college is under the guidance of IIT Guwahati for its educational activities. Course curriculum followed for B.Tech is the same as IITG.
- Bhagalpur City is well-connected by three nearest airports including Jay Prakash Narayan International Airport Patna, Bagdogra Airport, Siliguri West Bengal, and Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose International Airport Kolkata.
IIIT Bhagalpur Highlights
|Campus Area||50 acres|
|Type of Programs||B.Tech|
|Admission Criteria||JEE Main|
IIIT Bhagalpur: B.Tech Admissions via JEE Main
Students planning to do a Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech) course can apply here through JEE Main Scores. Post qualifying the exam, the applicants will be admitted through centralized counselling arranged by Joint Seat Allocation Authority (JoSAA) and Central Seat Allocation Board (CSAB). The cut off for IIIT Bhagalpur is comparatively lower than other top IIITs but since the college is recently established, it was less appealing to students.
B.Tech Courses Offered
Given below are the three B.Tech specializations offered at IIIT Bhagalpur. Mechatronics Engineering offered here is one of a kind engineering course with a mix of electronics and mechanical engineering.
- Computer Science Engineering (66)
- Electronics and Communication Engineering (66)
- Mechatronics Engineering (33)
Eligibility for B.Tech
- The aspirants planning to take admission here have to get a 10+2 passing certificate in the relevant science stream with passing marks.
- They will then be required to apply for the JEE Main exam.
IIIT Bhagalpur Cut Off for Top B.Tech Courses
Below mentioned is the cut off list of the top B.Tech streams offered at IIIT Bhagalpur offered through JEE Main Ranks-
|Courses||2019 Cut Off (OR-CR)||2018 Cut Off (OR-CR)|
|B.Tech Computer Science and Engineering||29879-37687||30282-42443|
|B.Tech Electronics & Communication Engineering||37723-40057||30554-38875|
Study At IIIT Bhagalpur During COVID-19
Due to the closure of many colleges and universities across the country, many leading engineering institutes have also prepared beneficial plans for the students so that they can continue their studies. IIIT Bhagalpur also started conducting online classes and exams so that studies of the students don’t get affected.
- Video lectures, online classes, etc. are arranged for the students.
- IIIT Bhagalpur has recently developed a software that can read chest X-ray films or plates and diagnose whether a patient got in contact with COVID-19 virus or not.
Why Choose IIIT Bhagalpur?
IIIT Bhagalpur offers B.Tech courses only whose entire duration is 4 Years.
- IIITB is a recently established institute aimed at empowering the quality of higher education in the country.
- Bhagalpur College of Engineering (BCE) had temporarily provided the buildings to IIIT Bhagalpur for conducting classes.
- Its permanent campus is under construction over 50 acres of land provided by the Government of Bihar.
- It is fully residential and there are separate IIIT Bhagalpur hostels for boys and girls.
- It arranges invited talks by the experts within and across several disciplines.
- In addition to the academics, the institute offers many sports, music and cultural facilities to the students aiming to ensure their overall development.
- NSS (National Service Scheme) activities are also a part of the curriculum to strengthen students’ obligation towards public service.
IIIT Bhagalpur Cut Off For B.Tech Specializations
The IIIT Bhagalpur Cut Off 2020 has been announced and the candidates can check them below.
Computer Science and Engineering
|Category||Cut Off Ranks|
Electronics & Communication Engineering
|Category||Cut Off Ranks|
|Category||Cut Off Ranks|
Latest News Updates
- Key Takeaways From Education Minister’s Webinar On JEE Main 2021 Examination
- JEE Main 2021: Live Session With Education Minister Extended To December 10th
- Uttarakhand Government To Provide Free Coaching Classes For JEE Aspirants
- JEE Main 2021: Mr Ramesh Pokhriyal Directs NTA to Draft a Fresh Syllabus
- JEE Main 2021 Delayed Till February, JEE Advanced 2021 Syllabus Being Reviewed
IIIT Bhagalpur: Reservation
The reservation percentage of categories for admission granted will be as per the JEE Main reservation is mentioned below:
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||15%|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||7.5%|
|PwD (Within Every Category)||5%|
There is a reservation for female candidates as well in IIIT Bhagalpur. However, currently, there are no seats allocated under a female quota. Likewise, there is no home state quota for Bihar domicile students at IIIT Bhagalpur.
- Want to Know How Much You Should Score to Get into IIIT Nagpur? Click Here
- Top B.Tech Courses Offered at NIT Jalandhar
Faculty at IIIT Bhagalpur
The faculty members of IIIT Bhagalpur have good research and teaching experience which they include in their classroom teaching.
- They try their level best to deliver theoretical and practical knowledge to students. Thus, helping them to engage better in industry or research or even pursue higher education like a PhD.
- CSE department of IIIT Bhagalpur is equipped with the best infrastructure with high-speed Ethernet and wireless networks.
- The college faculty has already been preparing to provide PhD and M.Tech courses to aspiring students.
- IIIT Bhagalpur has guidance from IIT Guwahati which provides some of the best ad hoc faculty at the college.
- The faculty members try to use the research equipment to provide students with an intensive hands-on experience in designing and building electronics hardware.
- The student to faculty ratio at the college is pretty decent as the number of students is only 236.
The faculty members keep researching on various projects where students voluntarily participate to gain useful experience. This also builds a good relationship between teachers and students.
Various Facilities Provided at IIIT Bhagalpur Campus
Several facilities are provided to the students studying at IIIT Bhagalpur out of which a few are mentioned below:
- Computer and Communication Centre– The main aim of this centre is to offer Electronics and Communication and Computation related facilities to the students.
- Library– There are 3000 books in the library and all the students have the freedom to access these books, no matter what their department is.
- Laboratory– The laboratory has all the equipment and facilities allowing students to perform the assignments.
- Conference Room– The conference room can accommodate 15 people and is well equipped with one camera, LED TV with video conferencing facility.
- Hostels– IIIT Bhagalpur has five hostels for boys and one girls’ hostel on the campus. All the hostels are well- equipped with Wi-Fi connectivity, LAN, TV and study room for the students.
IIIT Bhagalpur Placements
Since IIIT Bhagalpur started its operations in 2017, its first batch has not graduated yet and therefore no placement stats are available. The training and placement cell at the institute takes care of placement activities of all the departments of the institute.
- IIIT Bhagalpur was established under the leadership of IIT Guwahati and Training & Placement Cell IIT Guwahati offers its extended support.
- The placement drive of IIIT Bhagalpur can be conducted either at IIT Guwahati Campus or at IIIT Bhagalpur Campus
- Also, several workshops and events are arranged at the institute on a regular basis.
- Workshops on topics such as Workshop on Matlab, Workshop on Robotics, Republic Day celebration, etc. are conducted throughout the year.
IIIT Bhagalpur students have had internships in various colleges (academic research-based internships) and companies (industry-based internships).
- Colleges – IIT Guwahati, NIT Jamshedpur, IIT-BHU, IIT Patna
- Companies – Livguard, RK Automation, SmartBridge Technologies, ExpertsHub, Tata Steel
IIIT Bhagalpur Scholarships
IIIT Bhagalpur offers many scholarships and funds to the qualifying and deserving students who need additional funds to sponsor their higher education.
One of the prominent scholarships availed by students is National Fellowship and Scholarship for Higher Education for ST students. Benefits of this scholarship include-
- Full Reimbursement of Tuition Fees
- Living expenses – INR 2,220 each month
- Books and stationary – INR 3,000 each year
- Computer/laptop of reputed brand with accessories like UPS and printer: Up to INR 45,000 one time
This top-class education scholarship will be given to ST students taking admission in B.Tech course whose parental annual income is lower than INR 6 lacs.
IIIT Bhagalpur Fee Structure for B.Tech Courses
IIIT Bhagalpur is a bit costlier than other IIITs or NITs in India. This is because of the high tuition fees each semester and no official scholarship from the college. The IIIT Bhagalpur fees are mentioned below:
|Caution Money (One Time, Refundable)||INR 10,000|
|One Time Fees (During Admission)||INR 8,700|
|Tuition Fee (per semester)||INR 90,000|
|Hostel Seat Rent (per semester)||INR 12,000|
|Mess Advance (per Semester)||INR 14,000|
- There is no separate fee structure for SC/ST/PwD students.
- Currently, there is no exemption provided to any particular category students.
IIIT Bhagalpur FAQs
Answer: There are 75 seats for B.Tech in CSE branch at IIIT Bhagalpur.
Answer: Yes, you can get admission in Mechatronics Engineering with 20,000 rank.
Ans: The application process for the B.Tech program mostly begins in April. The candidates planning to do an engineering course can check the official website for the same.
Ans: Students planning to do a B.Tech course at IIIT Bhagalpur can participate in JoSAA Counselling to take part in IIIT Bhagalpur admission process.
Ans: There are three specializations offered which include:
- Computer Science Engineering
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Mechatronics Engineering
Ans: Yes, even the students giving the final examination (class 12th) can apply for a B.Tech course here.