Last updated on October 1st, 2020 at 03:55 pm
IIIT Bangalore is a research based IT institute which has secured the 62nd position in the NIRF Rankings among the top engineering colleges in India. It offers world-class education and innovation opportunities to all the students.
- Located in the heart of the electronic city, International Institute of Information Technology Bangalore was inaugurated in 1999.
- The university was established jointly by the IT Industry and the Government of Karnataka.
- IIIT Bangalore is a leading university which is focused on Post-Graduate Computer Science and Electronics education and research.
- IIIT Bangalore offers admission to the AICTE approved courses. The institute is NAAC accredited with “A” grade.
- IIIT Bangalore placements in 2020 witnessed a significant increase with a remarkable 100% placement record.
- Students are able to seek admission in IIIT Allahabad mainly through JEE Main Result.
IIIT Bangalore Highlights
|Placement rate: 2019-20||100%|
|Type of Programs||Integrated M.Tech (iMTech), M.Tech, M.Sc etc.|
|Admission Criteria||JEE Main, GATE|
|Mode of education||Regular|
|Number of courses offered||7 courses across 3 streams|
IIIT Bangalore: Integrated B.Tech + M.Tech Admissions Through JEE Main
The candidates who have cleared 10+2 with first division are entitled to apply for the Integrated M.Tech courses or iMTech courses at IIIT Bangalore.
- The candidates’ performance in the JEE Main Exam will get considered while shortlisting him/her for Integrated M.Tech dual degree courses.
- To get admission at IIIT Bangalore, candidates have to apply online and submit the duly completed JEE Main Application form.
- Also, to complete the application process, they need to pay the application fee as well through debit card/ credit card/ net banking.
- The institute doesn’t take any separate entrance test for Integrated M.Tech and postgraduate courses.
- The selection of the qualifying candidates will be as per their JEE Main scores.
IIIT Bangalore Admissions for iMTech via JEE Main 2020
- To qualify for the admission in IIITs, students are required to take the JEE Main exam. Check JEE Main Eligibility Criteria
- They must have at least a minimum of 75% marks in 10+2 (PCM division).
- The candidates aiming to pursue a M.Tech (integrated) program at IIIT Bangalore, will be granted admissions on the basis of the ranks secured in the Joint Entrance Examination, JEE Main.
- The selection process will be made considering the score of JEE Main Paper-1 and rank analysis as per the marks.
For International candidates:
International candidates and NRIs who want to get admission in M.Tech courses at International Institute of Information Technology Bangalore must meet the eligibility criteria, which is different from the national students.
- International students must have a 4-year UG engineering degree in computing disciplines (CSE, EEE, ECE).
- The shortlisted International applicants have to give an online interview.
- The M.Tech program is also available in integrated mode.
Documents Required while applying at IIIT Bangalore:
- Candidates applying for admission in Master of Science by Research & Doctor of Philosophy courses offered at IIIT Bangalore must submit two recommendation letters.
- A covering letter
- Most updated curriculum vitae
- photocopies of all the academic transcripts
- Scanned copies of letter of recommendation
- Photo ID photocopy
- Statement of purpose
- One statement of research preparation (essay of almost 1500 words)
Specializations offered in IIIT Bangalore B.Tech + M.Tech (iMTech) are mentioned below:
IIIT Bangalore offers B.Tech + M.Tech Course with Specialization (Integrated Masters Program– 5-year full-time program after class 12) in the following:
- Computer Science & Engineering
- Electronics And Communication Engineering
In addition to this dual degree program, the institute is also popular for other courses like M. Sc, M.Tech, Ph. D, etc. IIIT Bangalore offers a total of seven courses at PG and doctorate (PhD) level. The courses offered here are in Engineering and Science streams only.
- Bachelor Courses Offered at NIT Jalandhar
- Advantages of Pursuing Dual Degree (B.Tech + M.Tech) in IIT Kharagpur
IIIT Bangalore Cut Off for B.Tech Courses – Category-wise
- Unlike other IIITs that offer both B.Tech and M.Tech courses, IIIT Bangalore offers an Integrated M.Tech program in two streams:
- Integrated Computer Science & Engineering, and
- Electronics & Communication Engineering
- The candidates planning to apply for these courses must qualify in JEE Main and apply for IIIT Bangalore Counselling as well.
IIIT Bangalore Cut Off For Integrated M.Tech Specializations
- JEE Main Cut Off list for 2020 will be revealed by the institute post conducting the exams.
- The cut-off list is announced one month after the exam.
- Till then, the candidates can go through the above-mentioned expected JEE Main cut off for 2019 so that they can have an understanding of the anticipated cut off in 2020.
Integrated Computer Science and Engineering
Integrated Electronics and Communication Engineering
Study At IIIT Bangalore During COVID-19
Amid the closure of various campuses and colleges across the country, many leading educational institutes are preparing numerous contingency plans to meet the Covid-19 challenge. IIIT Bangalore also looks for various options like shortening last semesters, interactive online courses and modules, so that studies don’t get affected.
- Recently, the International Institute of Information Technology (IIIT) Bangalore, conducted its 20th convocation online.
- With 7 Ph.D. degrees, 13 Master of Science by Research degrees, 11 M.Sc. degrees, 63 dual degrees, 159 M.Tech degrees, and 29 students with sponsored M.Tech degrees, the institute offered graduation degrees to 282 graduates.
- Students having amazing academic performance in academics and extracurricular activities were also given medals and recognition.
Why Should You Choose IIIT Bangalore?
Established in 1999, IIIT Bangalore offers admission to the students to the AICTE approved courses. IIIT Bangalore is a research-based IT institute that offers world-class education and innovation opportunities to all the students.
- The placements statistics of Bangalore 2019 witnessed remarkable results, a 100% placement record was registered.
- IIITB has numerous Tie-ups with international Universities such as Malmo University in Sweden, University of Kaiserslautern and Hof University in Germany and many more for student exchange programs.
- It takes guest lectures and invites faculty from other national and international universities/ institutions.
- IIIT Bangalore soared up to Rank 56 in engineering category by NIRF 2018.
- IIIT Bangalore has partnerships with industries like Intel, Infosys, Siemens, EMC, HP to sponsor scholarships to the deserving students.
- IIIT Bangalore have smart classrooms with high-speed and data networks
Faculty at IIIT Bangalore
- IIIT Bangalore appoints highly experienced and educated faculty members.
- IIITB arranges guest lectures of eminent personalities who share their experiences with the students.
- Faculty has relative industry experience too.
- The teachers have a minimum of 10 years of experience and are mostly PhD holders.
- They are very friendly and interactive.
- IIT Goa Admissions, Cut off, fee, faculty and more
- Why Choose NIT Warangal for B.tech Courses through JEE Main?
Various Facilities Provided at IIIT Bangalore Campus
Home to numerous national and international students, International Institute of Information Technology Bangalore offers world-class infrastructure and wonderful facilities to the students studying here. Some of the facilities enjoyed by the students include:
- The central library of IIIT Bangalore has a vast collection of books and journals, almost 1,000 new print titles are added in the library’s collection this year which increased the total count of books and reference to 12031.
- The library has e-subscriptions to Mathematics Association of America Journals, ACM Digital Library, IEEE Xplore Digital Library, etc.
- The aim of constructing a library at IIIT Bangalore is to deliver resources and services that can support learning, teaching and research activities among the students.
- IIIT Bangalore has different hostels for boys and girls; total number of rooms in boys and girls hostels includes 527 and 255 respectively.
- The university offers a hygienic kitchen and dining area that can accommodate 350 plus. There is a separate small cafeteria where students can enjoy different food items and dishes.
IIIT Bangalore: Placement Report
As per the latest statistics, International Institute of Information Technology Bangalore placements, in 2019 witnessed 100% placement record. 231 students participated in the placement drive, out of which more than half of the students got placed. Some of the major recruiters include Tyfon, Taxi For Sure, Accenture, IBM, McAfee, KayBus, Morgan Stanley, etc.
IIIT Bangalore Placements Highlights 2019
- In the recruitment drive of 2019, more than 61 companies participated in it.
- The highest salary package offered was 54 LPA.
- The average salary offered to the graduates was 15.97 LPA.
- Total international offers made were 3.
- Leading recruiters include Cognizant, Barclays, Infosys, Hindustan Petroleum, TVS,
Some other domestic and multinational companies that were a part of placement drive at International Institute of Information Technology Bangalore are Tyfone, HSBC, Taxi For Sure, Intel, KayBus, etc.
- Bachelor Courses Offered at NIT Jalandhar
- Advantages of Pursuing Dual Degree (B.Tech + M.Tech) in IIT Kharagpur
IIIT Bangalore Fees Structure for Courses Offered
IIIT Bangalore fees structure for B.Tech + M.Tech Integrated 5-year course is mentioned below. The fee is divided into 5 years as per the latest info on official website-
|Fees for years 1 & 2||INR 1,60,000|
|Fees for years 3 &4||INR 1,92,000|
|Fees for year 5||INR 2,30,000|
|Particulars||Amount in INR|
|Campus facility fee||25,800|
- Low Rank in JEE Main? Try These Colleges & Courses
- Admission Process in NIT Warangal through JEE Main
Scholarships Offered by IIIT Bangalore
IIIT Bangalore offers a few scholarships only in two categories, including merit-based and need-based.
- The merit-based scholarships are granted based on a student’s academic achievements while the need-based scholarships are given to the students having financial issues paying the fees.
- The need-based scholarships include the tuition in its entirety (full scholarship) or partially (half scholarship) along with a monthly stipend while the merit-based scholarships offer a monthly stipend. The scholarships are subjected to renewal based on the student’s ability to maintain a consistent academic record.
Some of the scholarships include:
- AICTE- Based on
- Societe Generale- Need-based
- Huawei Scholarship- Need-based
- J&K Special Scholarship Scheme
- Institute Scholarship- Need-based and Merit-based
- IIIT Bangalore Alumni Sponsored Scholarship- Need-based
There are several scholarships endowed by different organizations including:
- GE Scholarship
- Honeywell Scholarship
- Visvesvaraya Memorial Scholarship
- Misys Scholarship
- HP India Scholarship
- Karnataka State Financial Corporation
IIIT Bangalore FAQs
Ans. The application process for several PG and M. Tech courses start in April. The candidates planning to apply for the course must check the college website during this period for any updates.
Ans. No, there is no reservation quota for any categories. Since the institution is under public-private ownership so the allotment of seats will be based on merit.
Ans. Candidates planning to take admission to PG courses need to clear BE/B. Tech or any other Science degree at UG level with minimum 65% marks or 1st division from a recognised university.
Ans. The candidates planning to apply for M. Tech in ECS need to have a valid GATE score in Electronics and Communication Engineering & Instrumentation Engineering.
Ans. For all the courses, the candidate can apply online by filling the application form for IIIT Bangalore admissions. Candidates must fill their personal details, educational details and competitive exam details while filling the application form
Ans. Admissions to the Integrated M. Tech program is given only on the basis of JEE Main exam, an entrance exam taken by the National Testing Agency (NTA).