Last updated on June 10th, 2021 by user
Established in 1999, IIIT Allahabad is the epitome of brilliance in the field of IT. In 2000, the institute received the status of “Deemed University” by the Government of India. IIIT Allahabad is one of the top engineering colleges in India that aims to empower India’s Technological sector by educating and training the youth into emerging as future leaders. The institute also boasts of the many awards that it has received over the years.
- In 2014, Indian Institute of Information Technology Allahabad was recognized as an “Institute of National Importance” by MHRD.
- IIIT Allahabad ranking by NIRF is 90 in the list of best engineering institutes 2020.
- The institute has also been ranked at the 23rd position in Education World India Ranking 2020.
- IIIT Allahabad ranking in QS India University Ranking 2020 is 40.
- The enormous 100 acre campus has been specially designed on the Penrose Geometry pattern which aims to create a stimulating environment for students.
- Like all the Indian Institutes of Information Technology (IIITs) in India, it also promotes elite academic and research culture in India.
- The students of IIIT Allahabad have shown exemplary performance in ranging fields from Computer Science and Information Technology.
- Students are able to seek admission in IIIT Allahabad mainly through JEE Main Result.
IIIT Allahabad Highlights
|Popularly Known As||IIIT Allahabad|
|Programs||M.E./M.Tech , B.E. / B.Tech|
|Total Courses||26 courses across 5 streams|
|Entrance Exams||JEE Main, DASA, GATE, Institute Level Examination|
IIIT Allahabad: B.Tech Admissions via JEE Main 2021
Admission in IIIT Allahabad in B.Tech and dual degrees is done via JEE Main followed by the subsequent counselling process by CSAB and DASA. In the CSAB counselling process, students register online, pay the initial fee and then go through the choice-making and locking step. After that seats are allocated and documents are verified.
- After following the above processes and getting admission, students must report to the respective cells.
- Then after completing the formalities, the cell issues the registration number and keeps a record of all the admitted students.
B.Tech Courses Offered at IIIT Allahabad
B.Tech courses are available for a duration of 4 years. Different programs have varied requirements for admission. The candidates are selected on the basis of their scores in mentioned competitive examinations. IIIT Allahabad offers B.Tech courses in the following disciplines.
- Information Technology (IT)
- Electronics and Communication Engineering (ECE)
- Information Technology (IT) with specialization in Business Informatics
Also read | What Courses You Can Opt at IIIT Delhi?
Dual Degrees Courses
Dual Degrees are available for a period of five years. It’s an added advantage to do integrated courses. This is because at the end of the 5 years, students will attain two degrees instead of just one. These programs focus on the core subjects of both the degrees. It saves a lot of time too.
Courses Available For B. Tech + MBA
- B. Tech in Electronics and Communication Engineering
- B. Tech in Information Technology
Courses Available For B.Tech + M.Tech
- B.Tech and M.Tech in Information Technology
- B. Tech in Electronics and Communication Engineering and MTech in Microelectronics
Do note that dual degree courses are not available directly via JoSAA Counselling. Students can opt for an additional degree at the college. However, their eligibility will be based on their performance and college guidelines.
- Bachelor Courses Offered at NIT Jalandhar
- Advantages of Pursuing Dual Degree (B.Tech + M.Tech) in IIT Kharagpur
Eligibility Criteria for B. Tech Courses
- Candidates must clear 10+2 examinations with 60% marks or 6.5 CGPA.
- Candidates need to take the JEE Main entrance examination after fulfilling the eligibility criteria and filling up the JEE Main Application form.
IIIT Allahabad Cut Off for B.Tech Courses
IIIT Allahabad Cut off is announced after the release of the JEE Main Result. The university offers three programmes through JEE Main. In 2020, the cut off for the IT course was the highest (4960) and the lowest was Electronics and Communication Engineering (9250). The IIIT Allahabad cut off 2020 (Opening-Closing Ranks from Round 6) are tabulated below.
|Specialization||Opening Ranks||Closing Ranks|
|Information Technology-Business Informatics||4589||5537|
|Electronics and Communication Engineering||5353||9250|
Study at IIIT Allahabad during COVID-19
- Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, regular physical classroom study has been suspended at IIIT Allahabad.
- The classes have shifted to the online medium.
- There hasn’t been any reduction in fees.
- However, the students can apply for the numerous scholarships that are available.
- The Annual Summer Internship Programme conducted by IIIT Allahabad was also shifted to online mode.
Why Choose IIIT Allahabad?
IIIT Allahabad is a premier institute for imparting education and offering various facilities to its students.
- It offers several amenities like Lecture Theatre Complex, Married Scholar Apartments, Students Activity Centre, Auditorium, Gym, Wi-Fi Campus and dance room to mention a few.
- The faculty in the university is esteemed and knowledgeable who prioritize the education of their students the most.
- Also, the placements offered by the university involves the biggest recruiters of the world like Amazon, Infosys and Adobe.
- These companies open a window of opportunities for the students to climb the ladder of success.
- Moreover, the university helps the students in getting internships which make their resume stronger. It stretches over the area of 100 acres.
IIIT Allahabad Cut Off for B.Tech Specialisations
Indian Institute of Information Technology Allahabad is one of the 19 IIITs listed by MHRD. JEE Cut off for B.Tech courses is not uniform; it differs from discipline to discipline. The following section caters to the opening and closing ranks of these disciplines for the year 2020 from Round 6.
Electronics and Communication Engineering
|Categories||Gender Neutral||Female Only|
|Categories||Gender Neutral||Female Only|
You Might Like-
Information Technology – Business Informatics
|Categories||Gender Neutral||Female Only|
IIIT Allahabad: Reservation Through JEE Main
- Five per cent supernumerary seats (within 15 percent of the supernumerary quota of DASA) are reserved for children of Indian workers in Gulf (i.e., 1/3rd seats from DASA quota is reserved for CIWG)
- The fee applicable for this category will be at par with the fee prescribed under DASA scheme (i.e., US$ 8000/- per student per annum)
Various Facilities Provided at IIIT Allahabad
The university offers a plethora of benefits and facilities to its students. Some of the world-class facilities provided are as follows:
- Labs: Several laboratories are available for various departments to facilitate the students with practical knowledge about their subjects. Some of them are Computer Lab, Language Lab, Multimedia Lab, Information Security Lab, Research and Development Lab (MBA), Human-Computer Interaction Lab, Image Processing Lab, Wireless Sensors Lab, Geographical Information System Lab, Bioinformatics Lab (Wet Lab).
- Library: The library has a vast collection of latest technological books, journals, etc. Students can go to the library for reading and issuance of required textbooks for research work or studying.
- Hostels: There are separate boys and girls hostels. The rooms at IIIT Allahabad hostels are air-conditioned, and a caretaker is present at all times. The number of beds in boys hostels is 1850, and the number of beds in girls hostels is 500. Recreational facilities like basketball, badminton court, table tennis and gymnasium are available in both the hostels.
- Medical Facility: IIIT Allahabad campus has a health care centre with the numerous medical facilities for the students and faculty.
- Sports Facility: A 500 seater sports complex, Badminton Court, Basketball Court, Cricket Ground, Football Ground, Squash Court, Swimming Pool, Tennis Court, Athletic Track, Table Tennis Room are available for students to enjoy.
- Guest House: There are 40 air-conditioned rooms for the guests of the students.
Faculty At IIIT Allahabad
Faculty is a major factor in deciding whether the institute is worth it or not. Let us know about how the faculty of Indian Institute of Information Technology Allahabad is in the following section.
- The professors of the university are regarded as the best in their field. They have complete expertise and years of experience in the education field.
- Apart from mails, the teachers are connected with students over WhatsApp, LinkedIn and so on.
- The faculty has distributed the lectures between lab tutorials and class lectures fairly enough.
- Teachers hold PhD degrees from highly reputed computer science institutions and have relative industry experience too.
- Faculty also arranges various industrial trips to not limit the learning enclosed in four walls.
IIIT Allahabad Placements
The institute helps the students in regards to placement. It also offers support to the recruiters. The placement cell at IIIT Allahabad is highly dedicated and effective. The statistics for IIIT Allahabad placements 2020 are tabulated below.
|Percentage of candidates getting placement:||96% of students|
|Average CTC Offered||INR 20.93 LPA|
|Highest CTC Offered||INR 43 LPA|
|No. of Participating Companies||120|
The university has several collaborations with industry giants like Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) Mumbai and Bangalore, Artificial Limb Manufacturing Corporation (ALIMCO), Kanpur FORTIS Hospital, Noida, Indian Oil Corporation, Faridabad, Construction Industry Development Council (CIDC), Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO), etc.
IIIT Allahabad Fee Structure for B.Tech Courses
The fees have to be paid online and no other mode of payment will be accepted. Students from SC/ST/PWD category are exempted from paying the tuition fees but they will have to pay for the other charges. IIIT Allahabad fees are tabulated below.
|Fee Requirements||General/ OBC||SC/ST|
|Tuition Fee||Rs. 60,000||0|
|Hostel Rent (Double Occupancy)||Rs.6,000||Rs.6,000|
|Grade Card Fee||Rs.550||Rs.550|
|TOTAL (for one semester)||Rs. 69,600||Rs. 9,600|
Latest JEE Main News
- “Classes for Engineering Courses to Start from 15 September”, Says AICTE Amid COVID-19 Surge
- JEE Main 2021 May Session Postponed, Education Minister Confirms; Check Details
- JEE Main April 2021 Postponed Amid Spike In COVID-19 Cases, New Dates 15 Days Prior To Exam
- AICTE Says PCM Not Mandatory For Engineering: Boon or Bane?
- Dr Ramesh Pokhriyal Announces JEE Advanced 2021 For 3rd July, 75% Criteria Removed
IIIT Allahabad Scholarships
There are a lot of scholarships available for students at IIIT Allahabad. Some of them are listed below.
Ishan Uday Special Scholarship
- Eligibility Criteria: Applicants from north-east whose income is less than 4,50,000 P.A.
- Benefits: INR 60,000 per annum
Special Scholarship for IITs, NITs and IIITs
- Eligibility Criteria: This scholarship is awarded only on the basis of SOP and academic performance. Also, the student will have to finish an internship of 8 weeks to avail this scholarship.
- Benefits: INR 10,000 for the internship
Post Matric Scholarship Scheme for Minorities
- Eligibility Criteria: Candidates scoring 50% or equivalent grade in the last examination with families annual income not more than 2 LPA will be eligible. Also 30% of this scholarship is reserved for female students.
- Benefits: The benefits include INR 3000 PA and maintenance allowance of INR 380 PM for 10 months for Hosteller and INR 230 per month for day scholars.
Merit Cum Means Scholarship For Professional and Technical Courses
- Eligibility Criteria: Students enrolling themselves for technical courses by taking competitive exams are eligible for this course. Another criterion is that the annual income of the family must not be above 2.5 LPA.
- Benefits: INR 20,000 PA or actual course fees whichever is less and maintenance allowance of INR 1000 per month for hosteller and 500 per month for Day scholar.
- IIT Roorkee: Fee Structure and Scholarships Offered
- Why Opting NIT Trichy After JEE Main Is A Decent Alternative To IITs?
IIIT Allahabad FAQs
Ans. Around 120 companies offer placements to the students. Some of the best positions offered are software developer followed by web developer and researcher etc.
Ans. The placement cell in IIIT Allahabad is quite active and useful. Some of the companies that offer internships to students of IIIT Allahabad are LinkedIn, Microsoft, Google, Hike, Walmart Labs, Zendrive and Morgan Stanley.
Last updated on February 18th, 2021 by user
Ans. Several top-tier companies are invited by the placement cell in the college. In 2020, the highest package was INR 43 LPA, and in 2019 it was INR 39 LPA with more than 120 companies coming in.
Ans. B.Tech in Information Technology is a full time four-year course offered by IIIT Allahabad. The fees charged is 5.34 Lakhs.