Last updated on October 1st, 2020 at 05:15 pm
Established in 1999, IIIT Allahabad is the epitome of brilliance in the field of IT. In 2000, the institute received the status of “Deemed University” by the Government of India. The institute boasts of the awards that it has received over the years.
- In 2014, Indian Institute of Information Technology Allahabad was recognized as “Institute of National Importance” by MHRD.
- In 2020, it secured the 40th position in QS India University Ranking 2020 and 23rd position in Education World India 2020 ranking.
- The enormous 100 acre campus has been specially designed on the Penrose Geometry pattern which aims to create a stimulating environment for students.
- IIIT Allahabad is one of the top engineering colleges in India that aims to empower India’s Technological sector by educating and training the youth into emerging as future leaders.
- Like all the Indian Institutes of Information Technology (IIITs) in India, it also promotes elite academic and research culture in India.
- The students of IIIT Allahabad have shown exemplary performance in ranging fields from Computer Science and Information Technology.
- Students are able to seek admission in IIIT Allahabad mainly through JEE Main Result.
IIIT Allahabad Highlights
|Popularly Known As||IIIT Allahabad|
|Programs||M.E./M.Tech , B.E. / B.Tech|
|Total Courses||26 courses across 5 streams|
|Entrance Exams||JEE Main, DASA, GATE, Institute Level Examination|
IIIT Allahabad: B.Tech Admissions through JEE Main
Admission in IIIT Allahabad in B.Tech and dual degrees is done via JEE Main followed by the subsequent counselling process by CSAB and DASA.
- After the completion of the admission process and after following the above processes and getting admission, students must report to the respective cells.
- After completing the formalities, the cell issues the registration number and keeps a record of all the admitted students.
Read | CSAB SFTI Counselling
Eligibility Criteria for B. Tech Courses
- Candidates must clear 10+2 examinations with 60% marks or 6.5 CGPA (65% for SC and ST category)
- Candidates need to take the JEE Main entrance examination after fulfilling the eligibility criteria and filling up the JEE Main Application form.
IIIT Allahabad Admission Process
The online registration of JEE Mains marks the start of the application process for admission at Indian Institute of Information Technology Allahabad and the declaration of the merit list indicates the end of the process. These candidates are eligible for the document verification and seat allocation process carried out by CSAB.
- After taking JEE Main examination and getting the required JEE Main Results, students enrol themselves for CSAB counselling.
- In the CSAB counselling process, students register online, pay the initial fee and then go through the choice-making and locking step. After that seats are allocated and documents are verified.
B. Tech Courses Offered
B.tech courses are available for a duration of 4 years. Different programs have varied requirements for admission. The candidates are selected on the basis of their scores in mentioned competitive examinations. IIIT Allahabad offers B.Tech courses in the following disciplines.
- Information Technology (IT)
- Electronics and Communication Engineering (ECE)
- Information Technology (IT) with specialization in Business Informatics
Also read | What Courses You Can Opt at IIIT Delhi?
Dual Degrees Courses
Dual Degrees are available for a period of five years. It’s an added advantage to do integrated courses. This is because at the end of the 5 years, students will attain two degrees instead of just one. These programs focus on the core subjects of both the degrees. It saves a lot of time too.
Courses Available For B. Tech + MBA
- B. Tech in Electronics and Communication Engineering
- B. Tech in Information Technology
Courses Available For B. Tech + MTech
- Information Technology
- B. Tech in Electronics and Communication Engineering and MTech in Microelectronics
- Bachelor Courses Offered at NIT Jalandhar
- Advantages of Pursuing Dual Degree (B.Tech + M.Tech) in IIT Kharagpur
IIIT Allahabad Cut Off for B.Tech Courses
IIIT Allahabad Cut off is announced after the release of the JEE Main Result. The university offers three programmes through JEE Main Electronics and Communication Engineering, Information Technology and Information Technology-Business Informatics. The cut off for the IT course was the highest (5700) and the lowest was Electronics and Communication Engineering (10575).
|B.Tech Courses At IIIT Allahabad:||2018 Cut Off||2019 Cut Off|
|Information Technology-Business Informatics||–||7057|
|Electronics and Communication Engineering||10145||10575|
Study at IIIT Allahabad during COVID-19
The Annual Summer Internship Programme conducted by IIIT Allahabad has been shifted to online mode due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.
- It is a 6-8 week program beginning from May 2020.
- There hasn’t been any reduction in fees.
- However, the students can apply for the numerous scholarships that are available.
Why Choose IIIT Allahabad?
IIIT Allahabad is a premier institute for imparting education.
- It offers several amenities like Lecture Theatre Complex, Married Scholar Apartments, Students Activity Centre, Auditorium, Gym, Wi-Fi Campus and dance room to mention a few.
- The faculty in the university is esteemed and knowledgeable who prioritize the education of their students the most.
- The placements offered by the university involves the biggest recruiters of the world like Amazon, Infosys and Adobe.
- These companies open a window of opportunities for the students to climb the ladder of success.
- The university also allows the students with internships which make their resume stronger. It stretches over the area of 100 acres.
IIIT Allahabad Cut Off for B.Tech Specialisations
Indian Institute of Information Technology Allahabad is one of the 19 IIITs listed by MHRD. JEE Cut off of B.Tech courses is not uniform; it differs from discipline to discipline. The following section caters to the opening and closing ranks of these disciplines for the year 2019.
Electronics and Communication Engineering
|Categories||Gender Neutral||Female Only|
|Categories||Gender Neutral||Female Only|
Check | JEE Main Cut Off for Top NITs
Information Technology – Business Informatics
|Categories||Gender Neutral||Female Only|
Check | JEE Main Cut Off for Top GFTIs
IIIT Allahabad: Reservation Through JEE Main
- Five per cent supernumerary seats (within 15 percent of the supernumerary quota of DASA) are reserved for children of Indian workers in Gulf (i.e., 1/3rd seats from DASA quota is reserved for CIWG)
- The fee applicable for this category will be at par with the fee prescribed under DASA scheme (i.e., US$ 8000/- per student per annum)
Check | JEE Main Reservation Criteria
Various Facilities Provided at IIIT Allahabad
The university offers a plethora of benefits and facilities to its students. Some of the world-class facilities provided are as follows:
- Labs: Several laboratories are available for various departments to facilitate the students with practical knowledge about their subjects. Some of them are Computer Lab, Language Lab, Multimedia Lab, Information Security Lab, Research and Development Lab (MBA), Human-Computer Interaction Lab, Image Processing Lab, Wireless Sensors Lab, Geographical Information System Lab, Bioinformatics Lab (Wet Lab).
- Library: The library has a vast collection of latest technological books, journals, etc. Students can go to the library for reading and issuance of required textbooks for research work or studying.
- Hostels: There are separate boys and girls hostels. The rooms are air-conditioned, and a caretaker is present at all times. The number of beds in boys hostels is 1850, and the number of beds in girls hostels is 500. Recreational facilities like basketball, badminton court, table tennis and gymnasium are available in both the hostels.
- Medical Facility: The campus has a health care centre with the numerous medical facilities for the students and faculty.
- Sports Facility: A 500 seater sports complex, Badminton Court, Basketball Court, Cricket Ground, Football Ground, Squash Court, Swimming Pool, Tennis Court, Athletic Track, Table Tennis Room are available for students to enjoy.
- Guest House: There are 40 air-conditioned rooms for the guests of the students.
Faculty At IIIT Allahabad
Faculty is a major factor in deciding whether the institute is worth it or not. Let us know about how the faculty of Indian Institute of Information Technology Allahabad is in the following section.
- The professors of the university are regarded as the best in their field. They have complete expertise and years of experience in the education field.
- Apart from mails, the teachers are connected with students over WhatsApp, LinkedIn and so on.
- The faculty has distributed the lectures between lab tutorials and class lectures fairly enough.
- Teachers hold PhD degrees from highly reputed computer science institutions and have relative industry experience too.
- Faculty also arranges various industrial trips to not limit the learning enclosed in four walls.
IIIT Allahabad Placement Report
The institute helps the students in regards to placement. It also offers support to the recruiters. The placement cell at IIIT Allahabad is highly dedicated and effective.
|Percentage of candidates getting placement:||95% of students|
|Average CTC Offered||15.5 LPA|
|Highest CTC Offered||39 LPA|
|Summer Internships:||50% of students|
The university has several collaborations with industry giants like Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) Mumbai and Bangalore, Artificial Limb Manufacturing Corporation (ALIMCO), Kanpur FORTIS Hospital, Noida, Indian Oil Corporation, Faridabad, Construction Industry Development Council (CIDC), Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO), etc.
Fee Structure For B.Tech Courses at IIIT Allahabad
The fees have to be paid online and no other mode of payment will be accepted. Students from SC/ST/PWD category are excepted from paying the tuition fees but they will have to pay for the other charges.
|Fee Requirements||General/ OBC||SC/ST|
|Tuition Fee||Rs. 60,000||0|
|Hostel Rent (Double Occupancy)||Rs.6,000||Rs.6,000|
|Grade Card Fee||Rs.550||Rs.550|
|TOTAL (for one semester)||Rs. 69,600||Rs. 9,600|
Note: For the B.Tech courses, the fees charged is 4,80,000/- (as of 2020)
Scholarships at IIIT Allahabad
There are a lot of scholarships available for students at IIIT Allahabad-
Ishan Uday Special Scholarship
- Eligibility Criteria: Applicants from north-east whose income is less than 4,50,000 P.A.
- Benefits: INR 60,000 per annum
Special Scholarship for IITs, NITs and IIITs
- Eligibility Criteria: This scholarship is awarded only on the basis of SOP and academic performance. Also, the student will have to finish an internship of 8 weeks to avail this scholarship.
- Benefits: INR 10,000 for the internship
Post Matric Scholarship Scheme for Minorities
- Eligibility Criteria: Candidates scoring 50% or equivalent grade in the last examination with families annual income not more than 2 LPA will be eligible. Also 30% of this scholarship is reserved for female students.
- Benefits: The benefits include INR 3000 PA and maintenance allowance of INR 380 PM for 10 months for Hosteller and INR 230 per month for day scholars.
Merit Cum Means Scholarship For Professional and Technical Courses
- Eligibility Criteria: Students enrolling themselves for technical courses by taking competitive exams are eligible for this course. Another criterion is that the annual income of the family must not be above 2.5 LPA.
- Benefits: INR 20,000 PA or actual course fees whichever is less and maintenance allowance of INR 1000 per month for hosteller and 500 per month for Day scholar.
IIIT Allahabad FAQs
Ans. Around 120 companies offer placements to the students. Some of the best positions offered are software developer followed by web developer and researcher etc.
Ans. The placement cell in IIIT Allahabad is quite active and useful. Some of the companies that offer internships to students of IIIT Allahabad are LinkedIn, Microsoft, Google, Hike, Walmart Labs, Zendrive and Morgan Stanley.
Ans. Several top-tier companies are invited by the placement cell in the college. In 2019, the highest package was 39 LPA, and in 2018 it was 36 LPA with more than 120 companies coming in.
Ans. B.Tech in Information Technology is a full time four-year course offered by IIIT Allahabad. The fees charged is 5.34 Lakhs.