Last updated on December 10th, 2020 at 12:32 pm
Indian Institute of Information Technology (IIIT Agartala) came into existence in the year 2018 and gets mentored by the National Institute of Technology Agartala. The institute is considered as an Institution of National Importance (INI) in February of the year 2020.
IIIT Agartala, is one of the newer IIITs, offers admission to Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech.) in Computer Science course through JEE Main. Hence, aspirants those who have appeared for the JEE Main examination are eligible to appear for the counselling and take up admission in the college.
- The fees of the course is about 8.1 Lakhs INR for 4 years.
- JoSAA conducts the seat allotment for successful aspirants
- The OR & CR after JoSAA Counselling 2020 6th Round is 19979 and 39147 respectively.
Aspirants planning to study here will get a detailed idea about the credentials required for admission, fees, cutoffs and other details here.
IIIT Agartala – Highlights
Check the brief details about IIIT Agartala below:
|Name of the institute||Indian Institute of Information Technology, Agartala.|
|Type of the institute||Government or public|
|Name of specialisation/departments provided under the B.Tech program||Computer Science and Engineering|
|Institution approved by||All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE)|
|Mode of application filling processes||Both online and offline|
|Criteria for admission||Entrance examination|
|Name of the accepted entrance exam||JEE Main|
|Campus facilities provided by the institute||Equipped lecture halls, auditorium, library, sports complex, well-equipped laboratories and shuttle services.|
|Total number of students intake||38|
|Official webpage of the college management||www.nita.ac.in/IIITAgartala|
- IIIT Naya Raipur B.Tech Fee Structure and Scholarships
- IIIT Sonepat Placement Record and List Of Recruiters
IIIT Agartala: B.Tech Admissions Through JEE Main
JEE Main Rank is the deciding factor in admissions other academic qualifications. The final selection of candidates is solely based on the merit list of the year. The allotment of the seat is done into the college stands done through JoSSA or Joint Seat Allocation Authority.
The division of seats is mentioned below.
|Categories||Number of seats provided for the category|
|OBC (non-creamy layer)||10|
B.Tech Course Offered
The Indian Institute of Information Technology (Agartala) currently offers just one undergraduate specialization in BTech i.e. Computer Science and Engineering. A synopsis about the exact has been provided in the table mentioned below:
|Name of the course||Bachelor of technology|
|Specialisation under the course||Computer Science and Engineering|
|Primary eligibility for admission||Qualification in grade 10 and 12 from a government recognised institute|
|Duration for completion of the course||Four years- Full time|
|Total seats available||38 seats|
|Name of the entrance examination||JEE Main|
Eligibility Criteria for B.Tech
- Aspirants must have passed 10+2 with good marks in science subjects.
- A student looking for admission in the college must have secured a minimum of 75% in mandatory subjects like – Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics and anyone among the Biology, Biotech, Computer Science or other vocational subjects during class 12.
- Students ranking among the best 20 in state board exams can also apply.
- The OR & CR in the recently concluded JoSAA Counselling is 19979 and 39147.
- Scholarships Provided to Undergraduate Students at IIIT Ranchi
- IIIT Kottayam: B.Tech Fees, Admissions, Placement and More
IIIT Agartala Cut Offs for Top B.Tech Courses
|Course||2019 (OR-CR)||2020 (OR-CR)|
|B.Tech Computer Science & Engineering||30674-37046||19979-39147|
Study at IIIT Agartala During COVID-19
IIIT Agartala being a new-age Engineering college mentored by NIT Agartala. In the wake of COVID-19, the college authorities too introduced an initiative for the betterment of students on the backdrop of this pandemic. The HRD Ministry had launched “Bharat Padhe Online” program under Crowd Sourcing initiative through IIIT Agartala. It is an initiative to boost e-learning during this pandemic.
- IIIT Kalyani Cut Off for B.Tech Specialization
- Scholarships Provided to B. Tech Students at IIIT Sri City
Why Choose IIIT Agartala?
The various factor which students can consider about choosing IIIT Agartala are:-
- A number of reputed employers visit the campus of IIIT Agartala every year. They are – TCS, Amazon, Adobe, Sail, Nvidia and others.
- Average annual package is between INR 4 – 10 Lakhs PA.
- The college is spread over a 52 acre campus and mentored by NIT Agartala, which will be a great learning experience for students.
Latest News Updates
- Key Takeaways From Education Minister’s Webinar On JEE Main 2021 Examination
- JEE Main 2021: Live Session With Education Minister Extended To December 10th
- Uttarakhand Government To Provide Free Coaching Classes For JEE Aspirants
- JEE Main 2021: Mr Ramesh Pokhriyal Directs NTA to Draft a Fresh Syllabus
- JEE Main 2021 Delayed Till February, JEE Advanced 2021 Syllabus Being Reviewed
IIIT Agartala 2020 Cut Off for B.Tech Specialization
Here, we have included the IIIT Agartala Cut off 2020 for final round of JoSAA below:
Computer Science and Engineering
- Various Facilities Provided to UG Students at IIIT Jabalpur
- IIIT Nagpur: List of B.Tech Specialization Offered
IIIT Agartala Scholarship
Financial aid is offered to deserving & economically backward students (Indian nationals). Each year the several scholarships are awarded by multiple authorities, and these scholarships vary in value of coverage
Some of the scholarships are:
- Professor Ghanashyam Dash Scholarship – Nearly Rs. 1 Lakh per annum is granted to cover up to 90% of education expenses. It is provided by Bansidhar and Ila Panda Foundation (BIPF) for Odisha students.
- Indian National Academy of Engineering (INAE) grants Abdul Kalam Technology Innovation National Fellowships to meritorious students..
- Rajashri Shahu Maharaj Excellence Scholarship is granted to 100 students from SC category for pursuing higher education.
IIIT Agartala Fee structure
Aspirants who got selected for IIIT Agartala must clear the fees prescribed by the management of IIIT Agartala. Fee structure of IIIT Agartala consists of – education expenses, medical expenses etc.
Students staying in the hostel shall have to pay extra. With the conclusion of each semester, the aspirants will have to pay the semester fees.
- A PG student shall get offered with a single person’s room by paying the fee of INR 32, 200/-
- A student of the undergraduate program shall have to go with the room for two persons by paying INR 31,000/-
|Tuition Fee||1 Lakh|
|Refundable Amount||INR 5,000|
|Hostel Fee||INR 9,200|
|Mess Fee||INR 18,000|
We hope that all the information provided in the article about IIIT Agartala will be a useful source for reference for candidates. All details related to the admission process, fees, eligibility, scholarships are mentioned as per latest update. All the very best.
- IIIT Bhopal: Admission Process via JEE Main
- IIIT Guwahati: Admissions, Placement,Scholarships and More
IIIT Agartala FAQs
Last updated on December 10th, 2020 at 11:27 am
No, the college does not have it’s own scholarship facilities. But students remain eligible for a scholarship from other entities.
Last updated on December 10th, 2020 at 11:27 am
No, the college provides reservation only based on the social and economic backgrounds of the candidates.