Last updated on June 10th, 2021
Indian Institute of Information Technology (IIIT Agartala) is one of the newer IIITs that came into existence in the year 2018 and was mentored by the National Institute of Technology Agartala. The institute was given the status of an Institution of National Importance (INI) in February, 2020. IIIT Agartala offers admission to Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech.) in Computer Science course through JEE Main. Hence, aspirants who have appeared for the JEE Main examination are eligible to appear for the counselling and take up admission in the college.
- The fees of the course is about 8.1 Lakhs INR for 4 years.
- JoSAA conducts the seat allotment for successful aspirants
- The OR & CR after JoSAA Counselling 2020 6th Round is 19979 and 39147 respectively.
Aspirants planning to study here will get a detailed idea about the credentials required for admission, fees, cutoffs and other details through this article.
IIIT Agartala – Highlights
Check the brief details about IIIT Agartala below:
|Name of the institute||Indian Institute of Information Technology, Agartala.|
|Type of the institute||Government or public|
|Name of specialisation/departments provided under the B.Tech program||Computer Science and Engineering|
|Institution approved by||All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE)|
|Mode of application filling processes||Both online and offline|
|Criteria for admission||Entrance examination|
|Name of the accepted entrance exam||JEE Main|
|Campus facilities provided by the institute||Equipped lecture halls, auditorium, library, sports complex, well-equipped laboratories and shuttle services.|
|Total number of students intake||38|
|Official webpage of the college management||www.nita.ac.in/IIITAgartala|
- IIIT Naya Raipur B.Tech Fee Structure and Scholarships
- IIIT Sonepat Placement Record and List Of Recruiters
IIIT Agartala: B.Tech Admissions via JEE Main 2021
JEE Main Rank is the deciding factor for admissions to all academic qualifications. The final selection of candidates is solely based on the merit list of the academic year. The allotment of seats is done through JoSAA or Joint Seat Allocation Authority.
B.Tech Courses Offered
The Indian Institute of Information Technology (Agartala) currently offers just one undergraduate specialization in B.Tech i.e. Computer Science and Engineering. A synopsis about the exact has been provided in the table mentioned below:
|Name of the course||Bachelor of technology|
|Specialisation under the course||Computer Science and Engineering|
|Primary eligibility for admission||Qualification in grade 10 and 12 from a government recognised institute|
|Duration for completion of the course||Four years- Full time|
|Total seats available||38 seats|
|Name of the entrance examination||JEE Main|
Eligibility Criteria for B.Tech
- Aspirants must have passed 10+2 with good marks in science subjects.
- A student looking for admission in the college must have studied Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics and anyone among the Biology, Biotech, Computer Science or other vocational subjects during class 12.
- They will further be required to take JEE Main and secure a rank falling in the cut off range release by the institute.
- IIIT Ranchi: Eligibility Criteria for B.Tech Admissions
- IIIT Kottayam: B.Tech Fees, Admissions, Placement and More
IIIT Agartala Cut Offs for Top B.Tech Courses
IIIT Agartala cut off for the last 2 years is given below. This can help you get an idea about the expected cut off for 2021.
|Course||2019 (OR-CR)||2020 (OR-CR)|
|B.Tech Computer Science & Engineering||30674-37046||19979-39147|
Study at IIIT Agartala During COVID-19
IIIT Agartala being a new-age Engineering college mentored by NIT Agartala. In the wake of COVID-19, the college authorities too introduced an initiative for the betterment of students on the backdrop of this pandemic. The HRD Ministry had launched “Bharat Padhe Online” program under Crowd Sourcing initiative through IIIT Agartala. It is an initiative to boost e-learning during this pandemic.
Why Choose IIIT Agartala for B.Tech in CSE?
The various factor which students can consider about choosing IIIT Agartala are:-
- A number of reputed employers visit the campus of IIIT Agartala every year. They include TCS, Amazon, Adobe, Sail, Nvidia and others.
- Average annual package is between INR 4 – 10 Lakhs PA.
- The college is spread over a 52 acre campus and mentored by NIT Agartala, which will be a great learning experience for students.
- JEE Main 2021 Cut Off of IIIT Nagpur
- Various Facilities Provided to UG Students at IIIT Jabalpur
- IIIT Kota Placement Statistics and Top Recruiters
IIIT Agartala 2020 Cut Off for B.Tech Specialization
Here, we have included the IIIT Agartala Cut off 2020 for all categories for the final round of JoSAA Counselling below:
Computer Science and Engineering
- PEC Chandigarh Cut Off for UG Courses
- IIIT Nagpur: List of B.Tech Specialization Offered and their Cut Offs
IIIT Agartala Reservation Criteria
IIIT Agartala offers reservation as per the government rules. The division of seats is mentioned below.
|Categories||Number of seats provided for the category|
|OBC (non-creamy layer)||10|
- SPA Bhopal: Reservation Criteria for B.Tech Admissions
- Mizoram University: Break Up of Seats for B.Tech Courses
IIIT Agartala Scholarships
Financial aid is offered to deserving & economically backward students (Indian nationals). Each year, several scholarships are awarded by multiple authorities, and these scholarships vary in value of coverage
Some of the IIIT Agartala scholarships are:
- Professor Ghanashyam Dash Scholarship – Nearly Rs. 1 Lakh per annum is granted to cover up to 90% of education expenses. It is provided by Bansidhar and Ila Panda Foundation (BIPF) for Odisha students.
- Indian National Academy of Engineering (INAE) grants Abdul Kalam Technology Innovation National Fellowships to meritorious students.
- Rajashri Shahu Maharaj Excellence Scholarship is granted to 100 students from SC category for pursuing higher education.
- IIIT Vadodara Fee Structure for UG Courses
- IICT Bhadohi: Fee Structure and List of Scholarships Offered
IIIT Agartala Fee Structure for B.Tech Course
Aspirants who got selected for IIIT Agartala must clear the fees prescribed by the management of IIIT Agartala. IIIT Agartala fees consists of – education expenses, medical expenses etc. Students staying in the hostel shall have to pay extra. With the conclusion of each semester, the aspirants will have to pay the semester fees.
- A PG student shall get offered with a single person’s room by paying the fee of INR 32, 200/-
- A student of the undergraduate program shall have to go with the room for two persons by paying INR 31,000/-
|Tuition Fee||1 Lakh|
|Refundable Amount||INR 8,000|
|Hostel Fee||INR 12,500|
|Mess Fee||INR 21,000|
We hope that all the information provided in the article about IIIT Agartala will be a useful source for reference for candidates. All details related to the admission process, fees, eligibility, scholarships are mentioned as per latest update. All the very best.
- JNU Delhi: Fee Structure for B.Tech Courses
- IIIT Guwahati: Admissions, Placement, Fees and Scholarships
IIIT Agartala FAQs
Last updated on December 10th, 2020
No, the college does not have it’s own scholarship facilities. But students remain eligible for a scholarship from other entities.
Last updated on December 10th, 2020
No, the college provides reservation only based on the social and economic backgrounds of the candidates.