Last updated on March 4th, 2021 at 11:53 am
One of the best Research, Development and Educational institutes, Indian Institute of Food Processing Technology (IIFPT Thanjavur) is known for its B.Tech in Food Technology course. The institute runs under the Ministry of Food Processing Industries, Government of India.
- IIFPT Thanjavur offers courses such as Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech), Master of Technology (M.Tech), and Doctorate of Philosophy (Ph.D) courses.
- The institute offers B.Tech in one stream only, i.e., Food Technology. The total intake in Food Technology is 60 seats where some seats are reserved for Reserved Category candidates.
- IIFPT Thanjavur accepts admission to B.Tech program on the basis of scores in JEE Main Exam. After qualifying JEE Main, Candidates have to appear in JoSAA Counselling to secure a seat in the course.
- IIFPT Thanjavur offers various facilities to the students such as hostel, central library, etc. at the Institute.
- IIFPT Thanjavur offers scholarships and financial assistance to the students of different categories. Needy students can avail Tuition Fee Waiver under special schemes as per the norms of the institute.
- The institute offers world class placements and internship opportunities. Some of the top recruiters are ITC Foods Ltd., Bangalore, MTR Foods, Bangalore, Britannia Industries Ltd., Bangalore, TATA Smart Foods Pvt. Ltd., CavinKare Ltd., Chennai, and etc.
IIFPT Thanjavur Highlights
|Year of Establishment||1967|
|Type of College||Autonomous Public University|
|Affiliated With||Tamil Nadu Agriculture University|
|Type of Programs||UG, PG and Doctorate|
|Entrance Tests||JEE Main|
|Mode of Application||Online|
IIFPT Thanjavur: B.Tech Admissions Through JEE Main
Admission in B.Tech program is on the basis of JEE Main score. Steps to register for admission in B.Tech at IIFPT Thanjavur are given below:
- The candidates who wish to apply for B.Tech in Food Technology course at Indian Institute of Food Processing Technology, Thanjavur, Tamil Nadu are required to fill the application form of JEE Main Examination.
- Candidates have to appear in JEE Main Examination after downloading the JEE Main Admit Card from its official website.
- Admission to this particular course will be made on the basis of JEE Main Results and a seat will be allotted on the basis of the result.
- JoSAA (Joint Seat Allocation Authority) will be responsible for seat allocation in different B.Tech courses at various government engineering and technical institutes such as IITs, NITs, IIITs, GFTIs, etc.
- Candidates are required to secure their seat in the course of their choice by submitting the required documents and paying the required fees.
IIFPT Thanjavur: B.Tech Course Offered
IIFPT Thanjavur offers admission in the B.Tech program for 4 years through JEE Main examination.
- The institute offers B.Tech in Food Technology only.
- The total intake in Food Technology is 60 seats.
- Also, Out of 60 seats reservation is – 16 for OBC-NCL, 2 for open category physically handicapped, 9 for SC, and 4 for ST candidates.
Eligibility Criteria for B.Tech courses at IIFPT Thanjavur
IIFPT Thanjavur offers various courses in the field of science and technology. Below is given the information regarding the eligibility criteria of the course:
- Applicants must have passed Class 12th with 55% marks or equivalent to CGPA for General Category, 50% marks for OBC Category and passed for candidates belonging to SC and ST Category.
- Admission to B.Tech is done on the basis of JEE Main score.
Why Choose IIFPT Thanjavur?
Indian Institute of Food Processing Technology (IIFPT) is one of the best Research, Development and Educational institutions under the Ministry of Food Processing Industries, Government of India. The institute was started by R & D Laboratory at Tiruvarur.
- The institute has signed MOUs with many international institutes across India and the World.
- The institute has all the basic facilities like hostel, laboratories, sports, medical, etc. Also, the institute provides world class placements and internships to the students.
- IIFPT offers scholarships and financial assistance to the students who need this. It also offers free training to the research students to enrich their learning experience.
- IIFPT Thanjavur has one of the excellent faculty members in their respective fields with the work experience of more than 20 years.
- The institute has a well established placement and internship cell which has shown excellent placement records from the last few years.
IIFPT Thanjavur Cut Off For B.Tech Specializations
B.Tech program is offered only under one specialization at IIFPT Thanjavur, i.e., Food Technology. Below is given the table listing the cut- off of for different categories for admission to B.Tech program at the institute:
|Category||CRL Rank||Category Rank|
|OBC- NCL||39252- 1139961||9891- 443010|
|EWS||27379- 566376||3424- 34970|
|SC||97116- 1143886||3766- 108226|
|ST||230100- 800955||3696- 25431|
- Check Top NITs JEE Main Cut Off Ranks 2019
- List Of Top Colleges Offering B.Tech
- Cut Off for Undergraduate Courses at IIT Mandi
IIFPT Thanjavur: Reservation through JEE Mains Counselling (JoSAA)
The allotment of seats in B.Tech is made by JoSAA (Joint seat allotment authority) based on JEE Main Results. Below is a table which mentions the reservation percentage of different categories:
|Category||Reservation of Seats|
|OBC Candidates (Non- Creamy Layer)||16|
- NIT Trichy: Courses Offered, Admissions via JEE Main, Placements and More
- NIT Patna Cut Off: JEE Main Opening and Closing Ranks
- IIT Palakkad: Admissions via JEE Advanced, Cut Off, Scholarships, Placements and More
Faculty at IIFPT Thanjavur
IIFPT Thanjavur has a well dedicated and experienced staff who are highly qualified and well experienced in their respective fields. There are a total of 43 faculty members in IIFPT Thanjavur. All of them are highly qualified with a Ph.D. degree in their relevant fields.
IIFPT Thanjavur has large and diverse faculty members consisting of dean, professors, assistant professors, etc.
- JEE Main Marks vs Ranks
- Admission in B.Tech at IIT Kanpur
- NIT Surathkal Fee Structure for B.Tech Admissions 2020-21
- NIT Rourkela Fee Structure for B.Tech Admissions 2020-21
Latest News Updates
- AICTE Says Maths and Physics NOT Compulsory For Engineering Courses
- NTA Will Allow Students To Choose Their Exam Date For May 2021 session of JEE Main
- JEE Main 2021: February Session Begins With B.Arch and B.Planning Papers
- Dr Ramesh Pokhriyal Announces JEE Advanced 2021 For 3rd July, 75% Criteria Removed
- Uttarakhand Government To Provide Free Coaching Classes For JEE Aspirants
Various Facilities Provided at IIFPT Thanjavur
IIFPT Thanjavur offers various facilities to the students at the Institute. It is one of the best institutes which provides B.Tech course in the field of Food Technology. There are various other facilities provided such as hostels, libraries, etc. Some of the facilities offered by the institute are given below:
- Infrastructure: The college campus has a well- established academic area, research laboratories, library and information blocks, computer center, administrative area, senate cum convocation area, residential area, students’ activity center, and a sports complex.
- Library: IIFPT Thanjavur has a central library which has more than 3000 e-journals, hundreds of conference papers, standards, etc.
- Health Facilities: There is a provision of a clinic and IIFPT has ensured emergency medical care and hospitalization for all its students.
- Some of the other facilities other than the one mentioned above includes Guest House, Studio Apartments, Open Air Theatre, Bank and Post Office, Convocation Complex, Auditorium, etc.
- IIT Roorkee Placement Report and Summer Internship Programs
- IIT Indore Placements Report and Summer Internship Programs
IIFPT Thanjavur: Placement Report
Every year, IIFPT conducts On-campus interviews for the placements of final year students.
Various popular food processing firms or industries come to recruit the young professionals.
The Placement and Internship cell, apart from assisting in the placement opportunities, also help students in enrolling for the higher education opportunities in the top notch institutes of India.
This year, over 28 students got placed in various public and government sectors. Some of the top recruiters who came for the recruitment process in the institute includes ITC Foods Ltd, MTR Foods, Britannia Industries Ltd, TATA Smart Foods Pvt Ltd, CavinKare Ltd etc
IIFPT Thanjavur Top Recruiters
Some of the major recruiting companies at IIFPT Thanjavur are mentioned below:
- ITC Foods Limited, Bangalore
- MTR Foods, Bangalore
- Britannia Industries Limited, Bangalore
- Aachi Group
- Future Group
- Nutri Planet Foods, Bangalore
- Hunger box, Bangalore and Hyderabad
- TATA Smart Foods Pvt. Ltd.
- Bigbasket Ltd., Bangalore
- Flipkart, Bangalore
- ID Fresh, Bangalore
- CavinKare Ltd., Chennai
IIFPT Thanjavur Placement Highlights
|Total Number of recruiters||19|
|Total Number of students placed||28|
|Percentage of Students Placed||28.43%|
|Salary range (in lakhs)||INR 3 to 9 LPA|
- IIIT Una: Admission through JEE Main, Cut Off, Placements, Scholarships and More
- IIITM Gwalior Cut Off for JEE Main
Scholarships Offered by IIFPT Thanjavur
IIFPT Thanjavur offers scholarships and financial assistance to the students of different categories. Some of the scholarships offered are:
- Institute Merit-cum-Means Scholarship: This scholarship is available for 5 students from each batch. Every student gets Rs.1,000/- p.m. subject to a minimum GPA of 7.5 in the previous semester.
- Institute Free Studentship: This Studentship is available for 1 student per batch @ INR 5000/- per semester subject to a minimum GPA of 7.5 in the previous semester.
- Institute National Prize: A certificate of merit and a one time award of national prize of INR 5000/- for each batch from 2nd to 4th year is given to the students on the basis of the ranking in the previous year.
- Anil Adlakha Award Scholarship: Award of Rs.10,000/- to a one student for his/her outstanding performance in his/her academics
- IIIT Dharwad Fee Structure For B.Tech Admission 2020-21
- BIT Mesra Fee Structure for B.Tech Admissions 2020-21
Tuition fees for B.Tech courses offered at IIFPT Thanjavur
For the B.Tech. course under Food Technology, the tuition fee at IIFPT Thanjavur costs around INR 61,200. Below is given a table which has detailed information regarding the tuition fees for IIFPT Thanjavur:
|Particulars||Amount in INR|
|Tuition Fee (per semester)||INR 38,000|
|Admission Fees||INR 12,000|
|Total Semester Fees||INR 62,500|
|Mess Advance||INR 15,000|
|Hostel Fees||INR 10,050|
- NIT Raipur Fee Structure For B.Tech Admission 2020-21
- NIT Jamshedpur Fee Structure for B.Tech Admissions 2020-21
IIFPT Thanjavur FAQs
Last updated on March 4th, 2021 at 11:14 am
Ans: The documents required are:
Marksheet of School, Higher secondary board and University exams
Copy of Online payment receipt
Caste certificate for Reserved category students
Date of Birth certificate or Class X Marksheet
Bank fee receipt
Two passport size photographs
Last updated on March 4th, 2021 at 11:21 am
Ans: The entrance exam accepted for the admission to B.Tech program at IIFPT Thanjavur is JEE Main. In order to be eligible for this course, students must pass Class 10+ 2 with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as compulsory subjects with minimum 75% marks from a recognized board.
Last updated on March 4th, 2021 at 11:22 am
Ans: Admission to B.Tech program at IIFPT Thanjavur is made on the basis of the scores obtained in JEE Main Examination. After appearing in and qualifying JEE Main, Candidates have to sit for counselling conducted by JoSAA.
Last updated on March 4th, 2021 at 11:22 am
Ans: IIFPT Thanjavur offers B.Tech. M.Tech. and Ph.D. program. There is no separate examination conducted by the institute for admission to these courses. It accepts admission on the basis of the scores of the national level entrance exams such as JEE Main, GATE, etc.
Last updated on March 4th, 2021 at 11:23 am
Ans: IIFPT Thanjavur has a dedicated and well managed placement cell which trains students and prepares them for the recruitment drives. Placement Cell of the institute conducts various workshops and seminars for GD, Interview and Resume Building. It also assists students in higher studies programs.
Last updated on March 4th, 2021 at 11:23 am
Ans: Yes, IIFPT Thanjavur offers scholarships to the students. Scholarships are offered to the meritorious students on the basis of their academic performance. IIFPT Thanjavur offers scholarships and financial assistance to the students of different categories.