Last updated on July 20th, 2021 by Sounak Banerjee
Dravidian University is established in the year 1997 and is situated at Kuppam, Chittoor district, Andra Pradesh. The University was set up by the government of Andhra Pradesh. National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) has awarded ‘B’ grade to the University and it is recognized by the University Grants Commission (UGC).
Dravidian University is a state university that offers various undergraduate, postgraduate, doctorate and certificate programs under different specializations. The university provides quality education in Engineering, Business Administration, Computer Applications, Languages, Science, Arts and Commerce streams.
The university also provides education through distance learning programs. The university has 30 academic departments with 4 centres and offers education through 6 schools namely,
- School of Comparative Literature and Translation Studies
- School of Human and Social Sciences
- School of Education and Human Resources Development
- School of Herbal Studies and Naturo Sciences
- School of Information Sciences and Technology
- School of Commerce and Management
Dravidian University Admission
- For PG programs, candidates can apply with the marks secured in the DUCET entrance examination conducted by the University.
- For UG programs, the university follows merit-based admission and the marks secured by candidates in the previous qualifying examination will be considered.
- Candidates who have passed the 10+2 level of education can apply for the UG programs offered at the University.
- For PhD program admission, candidates should appear and secure a valid score in the Dravidian University Research Common Entrance Test (DURCET) examination.
- Candidates who have already qualified in the GATE, UGC NET, SLET or CSIR examinations, need not appear for the DURCET examination. Admission will be provided to them directly based on their previous academic merit.
Dravidian University Key Points
- Dravidian University, Kuppam, Andra Pradesh is accredited ‘B’ Grade by the NAAC
- The university is recognized by the University Grants Commission (UGC).
- The admission criteria followed is both entrance and merit-based.
- Diploma and Certificate programs are offered in various fields.
- Candidates who have achieved the top 3 ranks in the entrance examination conducted for PhD admission, will be provided scholarships.
- The estimated cost to pursue the MBA program offered at Dravidian University is INR 4,500 for the first year.
- The highest salary package offered in the final placement process is INR 5 LPA and the average salary package offered is INR 2.15 LPA.
- More than 1,980 seats were offered in various programs.
- The university offers both full time and distance learning programs.
Dravidian University Courses and Fees
The following section gives the courses offered at Dravidian University and the fee structure along with the selection criteria.
|Program||Program Details||Selection Criteria|
Dravidian University Placements
Dravidian College provides excellent placement opportunities to students.
- The highest salary package offered in the final placement process is INR 5 LPA
- The average salary package offered in the final placement process is INR 2.15 LPA
- The university maintains the record of 100% placement
- The placement cell of the university conducts various workshops and training to make the students work on their skills, aptitude, strengths and weaknesses.
Dravidian University Scholarships
Dravidian University provides various scholarships to the economically weaker section students. Given below are the scholarships offered at the University.
- Junior Research Fellowship
- Rajiv Gandhi National Fellowship
- Science Meritorious Fellowship
- Telugu Wordnet and ILCI Fellowship
- The University provides scholarships to the top 3 rank holders in the entrance examination conducted for the PhD admission.
- The ranked students are provided with an amount of INR 1,200 for a period of three years as a scholarship.