The Central Seat Allocation Board conducts the CSAB special round for NITs, IIITs, and GFTIs in July 2021. The CSAB special round for all these institutes will start post the conclusion of all rounds of JoSAA counseling.
- Two rounds of the CSAB special round will be conducted for NITs, IIITs and GFTIs 2021 aiming to offer vacant seats to the most eligible candidates after JEE Main Counseling by JoSAA.
- Students who have not allotted any seat in JoSAA or desire to upgrade earlier allotted seats in NITs, IIITs and GFTIs can take part in CSAB Special Rounds 2021.
- All the interested students are supposed to apply online to take part in CSAB special rounds 2021 for NITs, IIITs and GFTIs. To get considered for the special round CSAB 2021 for NITs, IIITs, and GFTIs, candidates must have a valid JEE Main score.
- The CSAB Special Round of Counseling is taken to make the admission process smoother and transparent and to lower the number of vacant seats.
- JoSAA Participating Institutes accepting JEE Main Scores
- Top IIITs in India offering Admission in B.Tech via JEE Main
CSAB Special Round (NITs, IIITs and GFTIs 2021): Key Dates
|CSAB special round 2021 registration||Not yet mentioned|
|Payment of participation fee and choice filling||Not yet mentioned|
|Special round 1 seat allotment result||Not yet mentioned|
|Accepting and surrender allotted sets||Not yet mentioned|
|Special round 2 seat allotment result||Not yet mentioned|
|Reporting at Institute (In Person)||Not yet notified|
CSAB Special Round 2021 – An Overview
|Name of the Admission process||Central Seat Allocation Board Special Round|
|Commonly known as||CSAB Special Round|
|Conducting Authority||Central Seat Allocation Board (CSAB)|
|Kind of Admission||Undergraduate|
|Mode of admission||JEE Main Rank|
|Admission offered at institutes||NITs, IIITs and GFTIs (If seat vacant after JoSAA)|
CSAB Special Round (NITs, IIITs and GFTIs 2021) – Eligibility Criteria
Candidates planning to appear in the CSAB special round must meet the minimum eligibility criteria mentioned below:
- Candidates having a valid rank in the JEE Main will be considered.
- Candidates those who are not allotted any seat in JoSAA or have not appeared in JoSAA 2021 counseling can take part in CSAB special round (NITs, IIITs and GFTIs).
- Also, students who have been allotted any seat in NITs, IIITs or GFTIs via JoSAA and decided to take part in CSAB 2021 special round during reporting to the allotted institute can take part in special round counseling
- But the ones who have not participated in the CSAB special round at the time of reporting to the allotted institute after JoSAA counseling can’t participate in CSAB special round 2021 counseling for NITs, IIITs and GFTIs
- Top 10 android apps for JEE Main Preparation
- IIT Kanpur Placement Report and Summer Internship Programs
CSAB Special Round 2021 Participation Process
Candidates planning can check the detailed step-by-step procedure for participating in CSAB special round for NITs, IIITs and GFTIs 2021. Registration for CSAB Special Round 2021
- This is the first and the most important step, candidates planning to register for the CSAB Special round must apply in an online mode. Students can register using the application number and password of their JEE Main 2021.
- Upload all the qualification and category documents required like Certificate of Class 10, Marksheet of Class 12, Category certificate – Gen-EWS, OBC NCL, SC & ST candidates, PwD certificate, etc.
- NRI candidates have to upload a scanned image of Passport.
- Candidates also have to mention their bank account details and marks out of 500 in their 12th class exam.
- Make sure that all the information provided while doing CSAB special round registration 2021 must be accurate as the same can’t be modified at later stages.
- Once the candidates have applied successfully for the CSAB Special round, they have to pay the counseling participation fees.
- The fees can be paid online via the credit/debit card or through internet banking.
- Students participating in CSAB special round after participating in JoSAA are also supposed to pay the counseling fees again.
- IIT Jodhpur Placements Report and Summer Internship Programs
- IIT Palakkad: Admissions via JEE Advanced, Cut Off, Scholarships, Placements and More
CSAB Special Round 2021 Counseling Fees
|New candidates including candidates after JoSAA 2021 who have not submitted the fees regarding the seat acceptance||INR 36,500||INR 16,500|
|Candidate taking part in CSAB Special Round after JoSAA 2021 seat allotment and retaining the JoSAA seat||INR 36,500||INR16,500|
|Students who were given a seat in JoSAA through SC/ST/PwD category but they registered at CSAB via different category||INR 21,500||–|
|Candidates who got a seat in JoSAA, accepted the same and paid the seat acceptance fees as well but did not report to the allotted college||INR 1,500||INR 1,500|
Online Choice Filling and Locking of Choices
- Candidates are supposed to fill their choices of colleges post paying the counseling participation fees.
- Preferences can be filled from the list of colleges available to them as per their rank and category.
- Students have to mention new preferences for CSAB special round for NITs, IIITs and GFTIs 2021; the choices entered at the time of JoSAA will not be taken into account.
- Make sure you have checked the list of all colleges as per their rank and category.
- Candidates can check the expected seat matrix with the total number of seats available in all the colleges.
- Candidates can fill as many choices as available to them so that it can improve their possibilities of seat allotment.
- Candidates have to lock their choices before the last date failing to which will automatically result in locking the previously filled choices.
Announcement of CSAB Seat Allotment Result 2021 (Special Round)
- The counseling authority will declare the seat allotment result of the CSAB special round for NITs, IIITs, and GFTIs 2021 online only.
- Students are supposed to log in using their portal and check the status of the CSAB special round seat allotment result.
- Students who have been granted a seat have to meet any one option from the choices given below:
- Freeze: Candidates accept the allotted seat.
- Slide: Students accept the seat with the option that they will accept a higher preference within the same institute in case allotted to them during the next round. But if the higher preferred choice is not allotted in the next round, then candidates have the right to continue with the currently accepted academic program.
- Float: Candidates accept the seat with the option of accepting higher preference if allotted in the next round from any institute. In case the higher preferred choice is not allotted in the next round, he/she will take the currently accepted academic program.
- Surrender & Participate in the Next Round: Candidates reject the allotted seat as they decide to take part in the next round of counseling. They will be considered only for choices above the allotted choices of round one and they will not have any option of taking the choice allotted in round one.
- Surrender & not Participate in Next Round: Candidates reject the allotted seat and further don’t want to take part in the next round of counseling. Candidates doing so will not have any option of taking the choice allotted in round one.
- Students will not be permitted any seat in round one can select the option of not exercising the option for round two counseling. They will exit the counseling process of the CSAB special round.
Payment of Seat Acceptance Fees
Candidates who have been allotted a seat in the special round are supposed to pay the seat acceptance fees via online, this way they can confirm the admission.
|Type of Candidate||Fee for Gen/OBC||Fee for SC/ST/PwD|
|Candidates who has been allotted a seat in the starting round and accepts the same||INR 35,000||INR 15,000|
|Candidates who have been allotted a seat through JoSAA rounds and has been allotted a seat in Special Round 1 want to accept the same||–||–|
Online Reporting to the Allotted Institute:
- Candidates who have selected any of the options including “Freeze”, “Slide” or “Float” after round one seat allotment result and have paid the fees, be verified online mode by the allotted institute.
- Candidates have to regularly check their status by referring to their portal. Candidates who have clicked on the option of “Freeze” have to report to the allotted institute once they get confirmation regarding their admission.
- Candidates who opted for the “Slide” or “Float” option are not supposed to report to the allotted institute at this stage.
What happens after Round Two Seat Allotment Result?
Candidates who will be allotted a seat after round two-seat allotment results can either reject or accept the seat as the CSAB special round for NITs, IIITs and GFTIs 2021 will have only two rounds of counseling.
- Those who will be allotted a seat have to submit an online application fee.
- Candidates have to report to the mentioned institute for completing the admission process and appearing for the classes.
- The fees paid as counseling participation fees will be adjusted in the tuition fees, but an amount worth INR 1500 will be deducted as counseling charge.
How to report to the allotted institute?
- Students are supposed to report to the allotted institute once they have a seat confirmed by the college/institute in which seat is allotted.
- The confirmation of admission will be mentioned on the online portal, candidates can use their login details to check the status.
- They have to download their seat allotment letter and report to the allotted college/institute within the stipulated due dates failing which their admission will get canceled.
- Candidates must carry all the required educational qualifications documents and other mandatory documents that are mentioned in the seat allotment letter.
CSAB Special Round Counseling 2021 – Instruction to Candidates
Students participating in the CSAB special round for NITs, IIITs and GFTIs 2021 have to follow to the beneath mentioned points
- Candidates must ensure that they meet the minimum eligibility criteria before registering themselves for the counseling process and paying the counseling fees.
- Students have to register within the mentioned deadline and apply by uploading all the required documents for CSAB special round counseling 2021.
- Candidates can select the choices based on the preference and lock them before the deadline, else it will not be considered.
- Candidates have to arrange for sufficient funds as well, they need to pay the seat acceptance fees after which they will be allotted a seat to confirm the seat.