So, what is CSAB SFTI? After JoSAA counselling is conducted, Central Seat Allocation Board (CSAB) starts conducting their seat allocation procedure. CSAB 2020 Counselling is conducted for two category of colleges. It is conducted for Self Financing Technical Institutes (SFTIs) to admit the aspirants to engineering and architecture courses. Thus, this process is named CSAB SFTI Counselling. However, the seat allotment process of the candidates is dependent upon the JEE Main 2020 All India Rank (AIR) in Paper 1, 2 and 3. There are total 34 SFTIs, which participate in the CSAB SFTI counselling process. Along with this, under CSAB 2020 Counselling, another process is CSAB NEUT Counselling where candidates of North East and Union Territories are alloted certain reserved seats.
CSAB was Central Counselling Board (CCB) before 2013. Over the decision of joint counselling procedure, JoSAA was set up. Due to this, role of CSAB is for counselling of specific institutes only. In this article, we talk about what roles CSAB fulfils. And, how to take part in CSAB Counselling rounds.
Check JEE Main Result
Details of CSAB SFTI 2020
- CSAB Full Form – Central Seat Allocation Board
- SFTI Full Form – Self Financing Technical Institute
- Due to low participation, counselling authority did not conduct the CSAB SFTI counselling process for 2019.
- The candidates need to pay a fee of INR 21000 through e-challan for the registration of CSAB SFTI.
- Seat allocation depends on the JEE Main Cutoff or CSAB SFTI Cutoff, apart from the candidate’s choice of preferences.
- Before the CSAB SFTI counselling process, the aspirants need to download the ‘Provisional Seat Allotment Letter’. Candidates can download it from the official website of CSAB SFTI.
- After CSAB SFTI, the students have to carry required documents to the allotted institutes. And, they must complete all the formalities. Documents list is given below in this article.
- If you fail to attend college after CSAB SFTI counselling, then your allotted seat will be cancelled.
Important Dates for CSAB SFTI 2020
Given below are the important dates for CSAB SFTI 2020 Counselling-
|Online Registration, Choice Filling by candidates, Payment of an initial fee of INR 21,000 (Twenty one thousand rupees only)||3rd week of September 2020|
|Result Declaration and Seat Allotment||4th week of September 2020|
|Physical Reporting and verification of original documents of the candidate Payment of balance fees at the Allotted Institute||1st week of October 2020|
Academic Qualification for CSAB SFTI 2020
- The aspirants must submit the scores of JEE Main paper 1 (B.Tech applicants)/Paper 2 (B.Arch aspirants)/Paper 3 (B.Plan aspirants).
- 75% aggregate marks in 12th and a rank in JEE Main is required.
- 75% marks in aggregate along with JEE Main qualification in Paper 2 is required for B. Arch. candidates.
- 75% marks in aggregate along with JEE Main qualification in Paper 3 is required for B. Plan. candidates.
- Candidates must have the qualified marks in five subjects of 12th class.
Latest News Updates
- TNEA 2020 Online Counselling Registration Begins from July 15
- SRMJEEE 2020 Cancelled Amid COVID-19
- Live Update: JEE Main and JEE Advanced 2020 Postponed, New Dates Set For September
- Turn Lockdown Period Into An Opportunity”, says Anand Kumar of Super 30 to JEE Aspirants
- JEE Main 2020: Dates announced by the MHRD, Examination to be conducted from July 18 to 23, 2020
Pre-Allotment Steps of CSAB SFTI 2020
The candidates must complete the pre-allotment steps. This is mandatory before enrolment for CSAB SFTI rounds. Check the steps below-
- First, the aspirants must register their names with JEE Main Roll Number after visiting the official website of CSAB.
- Then, make the payment of INR 21000 by e-challan at State Bank of India.
- Take a print out of the e-challan receipt and keep it with you.
- Now, the candidate should verify their personal information while they register their names online.
- Also, the aspirants can modify the details like Eligibility, State, Gender, category during the time of registration.
|Mentioned Category in Application Form||Modification Permitted|
Steps of CSAB SFTI Allotment Procedure
Follow the below mentioned step-by-step allotment procedure for CSAB SFTI 2020:
Step 1: Payment of Initial Fee
Before you complete the payment procedure, the candidates should download the e-challan and deposit INR 21000. The amount is refundable.
- Visit csab.nic.in
- Download the format of e-challan
- Submit the credentials with correct details
- Visit the nearby SBI branch to complete the payment.
Step 2: Choice Making and Locking
Once the candidates pay the fees, the registration and the choice making steps will be sustained for six hours.
- If the aspirants get the confirmation, then they can get access to colleges/institutes and the corresponding courses.
- You are advised to submit or lock the list before the mentioned timeline. Otherwise, your last preferences will be considered as the final choice.
- If you do not allot any seat, then you can change your preferences in the third stage.
- The candidates will be able to attend the second round, if they reject the allotted institute after the first round due to their dissatisfaction.
- In case of unable registration process for previous round counselling, the aspirants can go for the Spot counselling process. It will be held in September, last week.
Step 3: Seat Allocation and Document Verification
The seat allocation process will let you know about the enlisted college/institution for the counselling process. You have to prepare for the document verification process.
- Seat allocation process is not only relied upon the all India ranking or merit list but also is dependent upon the choice of preferences of the candidates.
- The desired college/institute will receive a Provisional Seat Allotment letter from the Board.
Step 4: Allotment of Seats and Report to the Allotted Colleges
- The candidates need to go to the official website for checking the seat allotment
- Now you have to download the ‘Provisional Seat Allotment Letter’ when you go online
- Seat allotment is dependent upon the online choice of filling and on the merit list of the candidates.
- Some seats of the institutes will be occupied for the reserved category. Moreover, the availability of seats of the colleges/institutes is varied based on the respective branch.
- Once the seat allotment process is completed, the students should report and submit the required documents to the allotted institutes.
- If the candidates will fail to report to the allotted institute within the projected deadline, then they will lose their candidatures. In that case, they will not get the registration fee return.
Check JEE Main Counselling
Participating Institutes of CSAB SFTI Counselling
Given below are some CSAB SFTI Participating Institutes. The list is subject to change.
|1||Amity University Raipur, Chattisgarh|
|2||Amity University Uttar Pradesh, Greater Noida|
|3||Amity University Madhya Pradesh, Gwalior|
|4||Amity University Haryana, Gurgaon, Haryana|
|5||Amity University Rajasthan, Jaipur|
|6||Amity University Uttar Pradesh, Lucknow|
|7||Amity University Maharashtra, Mumbai|
|8||Amity University Uttar Pradesh, Noida, Uttar Pradesh|
|9||Dr. M.G.R Educational and Research Institute, Chennai|
|10||Galgotias University, Greater Noida, Uttar Pradesh|
|11||Jagannath University Jaipur, Rajasthan|
|12||Sister Nivedita University Kolkata, West Bengal|
|13||Techno India University, West Bengal|
Also Read | JEE Main Participating Colleges
Documents Verification Process for CSAB SFTI 2020
For CSAB SFTI 2020, the candidates should carry some self-attested copies of the original documents:
- Provisional Letter of seat allotment
- E-Challan receipt from SBI
- Admit card of JEE Main 2020
- One passport size photograph of the candidates
- Photo ID Proof
- Mark sheet of class X as proof of date of aspirant’s name and date of birth
- Marks sheet of class XII
- If you have category certificate (SC/ST/OBC-NCL), you should carry it with you
- The disabled candidates also need to bring PWD certificates
- Do not forget to carry a self-attested print out of locked choices and other terms, rules and regulations from the CSAB website.
FAQs on CSAB SFTI Counselling
Ans. Step 1: First you have to complete the Online registration
Step 2: Next, Online choice filling and locking process
Step 3: In the third step, you have to allot seat for JoSAA 2020
Step 4: Fee payment for seat acceptance. Once you pay the fees, you have to go through the document verification process
Step 5: Report to the allotted college
Ans. Candidates should get A rank in JEE Main Paper 2. Also, they are required to get aggregate 75% scores in five subjects of class 12.
|Conducted by||Central Seat Allocation Board (CSAB)|
|Eligibility criteria||Valid JEE Rank|
|Participating Institutes||IITs, NITs, and GFTIs|
Ans. If the seat allotment process is completed finally, then the aspirants would not get back the amount. However, if no seat is allotted in a special round, then the applicants would get back the participation fee after deducting 1000 INR.
Ans. The aspirants from North Eastern region and from Union Territories are able to attend the counselling by Central Seat Allocation Board (CSAB).
Ans. JoSAA is applicable for the admission of IITs, NITs and for other colleges. When, two round CSAB counselling process is for filling up the vacant seats of NITs, IIITs and for other institutes (not for IITs).