Self Financing Technical Institutes conduct CSAB SFTI to admit the aspirants. However, the seat allotment process of the candidates is dependent upon the JEE Main All India Rank (AIR) in Paper 1, 2, 3. There are 34 institutes, which participate in the CSAB SFTI counselling process.
Check JEE Main Result
Details of CSAB SFTI 2020
- Due to the participation from SFTIs, the counselling process for session 2020 will not be conducted.
- The candidates should need to pay a stipulated fee that is INR 21000 through e-challan for the registration purpose.
- Seat allocation relies upon the JEE Main cut off apart from the candidate’s choice of preferences.
- Before the counselling process, the aspirants should need to download the ‘Provisional Seat Allotment Letter’ from the official website of CSAB SFTI.
- On the date of CSAB SFTI counselling, the students have to carry required documents to the allotted institutes to complete the formalities.
- If you fail to attend the CSAB SFTI counselling, then your allotted seat will be cancelled.
Dates of CSAB SFTI 2020
To know the highlighted dates of CSAB SFTI 2020, the candidates can go through the following table:
|Online Registration, Choice Filling by candidates, Payment of an initial fee of Rs 21,000 (Twenty One thousand rupees only)||26th July to 2nd August, 2020|
|Result Declaration and Seat Allotment||3rd August 2020|
|Physical Reporting and verification of original documents of the candidate Payment of balance fees at the Allotted Institute||4th August to 8th August, 2020|
Academic Qualification for CSAB SFTI 2020
- The aspirants should submit the scores of JEE Main paper 1 (B.Tech applicants)/ Paper 2 (Arch aspirants)/Paper 3 (B.Plan aspirants)
- 75% aggregate marks in 12th and a rank in JEE Main must be required.
- 75% marks in aggregate along with JEE Main qualification in Paper 2 will be required for B. Arch. candidates.
- 75% marks in aggregate along with JEE Main qualification in Paper 3 will be required for B. Plan. candidates.
- Candidates require to have the qualified marks in five subjects of 12th standard.
Latest News Updates
- NTA Re-opens JEE Main Application Form For Candidates, Last Date To Apply Is 24th May
- Turn Lockdown Period Into An Opportunity”, says Anand Kumar of Super 30 to JEE Aspirants
- JEE Main 2020 Syllabus not reduced, says NTA
- JEE Main 2020: Dates announced by the MHRD, Examination to be conducted from July 18 to 23, 2020
- New Batches for IITs and NITs to start in September 2020
Pre-Allotment Steps of CSAB SFTI 2020
Before you enrol your name for CSAB SFTI Allotment process, the candidates require to complete the pre-allotment steps:
- The aspirants are required to register their names with JEE Main Roll Number after visiting the official website.
- Make the payment of INR 21000 by e-challan at State Bank of India for registration purpose.
- Take a print out of the e-challan receipt and keep it with you.
- Now, the candidate should verify their personal information while they register their names online.
- If want, the aspirants can modify the details like eligibility State, Gender, category during the time of registration.
|Mentioned Category in Application Form||Modification Permitted|
Steps of CSAB SFTI Allotment Procedure
Follow the below mentioned step-by-step allotment procedure for CSAB SFTI 2020:
Step 1: Payment of Initial Fee
Before you complete the payment procedure, the candidates should download the e-challan and deposit INR 21000. The amount is refundable.
- Visit csab.nic.in
- Download the format of e-challan
- Submit the credentials with correct details
- Visit the nearby SBI branch to complete the payment.
Step 2: Choice Making and Locking
Once the candidates pay the fees, the registration and the choice making steps will be sustained for six hours.
- If the aspirants get the confirmation, then they can get access to colleges/institutes and the corresponding courses.
- You are advised to submit or lock the list before the mentioned timeline. Otherwise, your last preferences will be considered as the final choice.
- If you do not allot any seat, then you can change your preferences in the third stage.
- The candidates will be able to attend the second round, if they reject the allotted institute after the first round due to their dissatisfaction.
- In case of unable registration process for previous round counselling, the aspirants can go for the Spot counselling process. It will be held in July, last week.
Step 3: Seat Allocation and Document Verification
The seat allocation process will let you know about the enlisted college/institution for the counselling process. You have to prepare for the document verification process.
- Seat allocation process is not only relied upon the all India ranking or merit list but also is dependent upon the choice of preferences of the candidates.
- The desired college/institute will receive a Provisional Seat Allotment letter from the Board.
Step 4: Allotment of Seats and Report to the Allotted Colleges
- The candidates need to go to the official website for checking the seat allotment
- Now you have to download the ‘Provisional Seat Allotment Letter’ when you go online
- Seat allotment is dependent upon the online choice of filling and on the merit list of the candidates.
- Some seats of the institutes will be occupied for the reserved category. Moreover, the availability of seats of the colleges/institutes is varied based on the respective branch.
- Once the seat allotment process is completed, the students should report and submit the required documents to the allotted institutes.
- If the candidates will fail to report to the allotted institute within the projected deadline, then they will lose their candidatures. In that case, they will not get the registration fee return.
Check JEE Main Counselling
Documents Verification Process for CSAB SFTI 2020
For CSAB SFTI 2020, the candidates should carry some self-attested copies of the original documents:
- Provisional Letter of seat allotment
- E-Challan receipt from SBI
- Admit card of JEE Main 2020
- One passport size photograph of the candidates
- Photo ID Proof
- Mark sheet of class X as proof of date of aspirant’s name and date of birth
- Marks sheet of class XII
- If you have category certificate (SC/ST/OBC-NCL), you should carry it with you
- The disabled candidates also need to bring PWD certificates
- Do not forget to carry a self-attested print out of locked choices and other terms, rules and regulations from the CSAB website.
Ans. Step 1: First you have to complete the Online registration
Step 2: Next, Online choice filling and locking process
Step 3: In the third step, you have to allot seat for JoSAA 2020
Step 4: Fee payment for seat acceptance. Once you pay the fees, you have to go through the document verification process
Step 5: Report to the allotted college
Ans. Candidates should get A rank in JEE Main Paper 2. Also, they are required to get aggregate 75% scores in five subjects of class 12.
|Conducted by||Central Seat Allocation Board (CSAB)|
|Eligibility criteria||Valid JEE Rank|
|Participating Institutes||IITs, NITs, and GFTIs|
Ans. If the seat allotment process is completed finally, then the aspirants would not get back the amount. However, if no seat is allotted in a special round, then the applicants would get back the participation fee after deducting 1000 INR.
Ans. The aspirants from North Eastern region and from Union Territories are able to attend the counselling by Central Seat Allocation Board (CSAB).
Ans. JoSAA is applicable for the admission of IITs, NITs and for other colleges. When, two round CSAB counselling process is for filling up the vacant seats of NITs, IIITs and for other institutes (not for IITs).