Last updated on September 9th, 2020 at 12:29 pm
What is CSAB SFTI? After JoSAA counselling, the Central Seat Allocation Board (CSAB) starts conducting their seat allocation procedure. CSAB 2020 Counselling is conducted for two categories of colleges. It is conducted for Self Financing Technical Institutes (SFTIs) to admit the aspirants to engineering and architecture courses. Thus, this process is named CSAB SFTI Counselling.
- The seat allotment process of the candidates depends on the JEE Main 2020 All India Rank (AIR) in Paper I, II, and III. There are a total of 34 SFTIs, which participate in the CSAB SFTI counselling process.
- Apart from CSAB 2020 Counselling, CSAB NEUT Counselling where candidates of North East and Union Territories are allotted certain reserved seats.
- CSAB was Central Counselling Board (CCB) before 2013. Over the decision of a joint counseling procedure, JoSAA was set up. The role of CSAB is limited to counseling of specific institutes only.
In this article, we talk about what roles CSAB fulfills. And, how to take part in CSAB Counselling rounds.
Check JEE Main Result
Details of CSAB SFTI 2020
- CSAB Full-Form – Central Seat Allocation Board
- SFTI meaning/ Full Form – Self Financing Technical Institute
- Due to minimum participation from the SFTIs during CSAB SFTI counselling 2019, the counseling won’t be conducted for the year 2020-2021.
- The candidates need to pay a fee of INR 21000 through e-challan for the registration.
- Seat allocation depends on the JEE Main Cutoff or CSAB SFTI Cutoff, apart from the candidate’s choice of preferences.
- Aspirants must download the ‘Provisional Seat Allotment Letter’ from the Official website of CSAB SFTI i.e csab.nic.in
- After CSAB SFTI, the students must carry the required documents to the allotted institutes for verification and to complete all the formalities. The documents list is given below in this article.
- If you fail to attend college after CSAB SFTI counseling, your allotted seat will be cancelled.
Important Dates for CSAB SFTI 2020
Given below are the important dates for CSAB SFTI 2020 Counselling-
|Online Registration, Choice Filling by candidates, Payment of an initial fee of INR 21,000 (Twenty one thousand rupees only)||3rd week of September 2020|
|Result Declaration and Seat Allotment||4th week of September 2020|
|Physical Reporting and verification of original documents of the candidate Payment of balance fees at the Allotted Institute||1st week of October 2020|
Academic Qualification Required for CSAB SFTI 2020
- The aspirants must submit the scores of JEE Main paper 1 (B.Tech applicants)/Paper 2 (B.Arch aspirants)/Paper 3 (B.Plan aspirants).
- A rank in JEE Main and 75% aggregate marks in 12th are required.
- 75% marks in aggregate along with JEE Main qualification in Paper 2 is required for B. Arch. candidates.
- 75% marks in aggregate along with JEE Main qualification in Paper 3 is required for B. Plan. candidates.
- Candidates must have the qualified marks in at least five subjects of 12th class.
Pre-Allotment Steps of CSAB SFTI 2020
The candidates must complete the pre-allotment steps. This is mandatory before enrolment for CSAB SFTI rounds. Check the steps below-
- Aspirants must visit the official website of CSAB and register themselves with JEE Main Roll Number.
- Make the initial registration fee payment of INR 21000 by e-challan at State Bank of India.
- Take a print out of the e-challan receipt and keep it with you.
- Verify their personal information while registering online.
- Aspirants can modify details like Eligibility, State, Gender, category during the time of registration.
|Mentioned Category in Application Form||Modification Permitted|
Steps of CSAB SFTI Allotment Procedure
Follow the below mentioned step-by-step allotment procedure for CSAB SFTI 2020:
Step 1: Payment of Initial Fee
Before you complete the payment procedure, the candidates should download the e-challan and deposit INR 21000. The amount is refundable.
- Visit csab.nic.in
- Download the format of the e-challan
- Submit the credentials with correct details
- Visit the nearby SBI branch to complete the payment.
Step 2: Choice Making and Locking
The registration and the choice making steps will be enabled for six hours after fee payment.
- If the aspirants get the confirmation, they can later get access to colleges/institutes and the corresponding courses.
- Candidates are advised to submit or lock the list before the mentioned timeline. Otherwise, your last preferences will be considered as the final choice.
- After the completion of the third round of seat allotment, you can change your preferences in the third stage.
- The candidates who surrendered previous seat allotment due to dissatisfaction will be allowed for the final round of counselling
- In case of an inability to register during the previous round counselling, the aspirants can go for the Spot counselling process. It will be held in September, last week.
Step 3: Seat Allocation and Document Verification
The seat allocation process will let you know about the enlisted college/institution for the counselling process. You have to prepare for the document verification process.
- The seat allocation process is conducted on the basis of All India Rank in JEE Main or merit list in addition to the choice of preferences of the candidates.
- The desired college/institute will receive a Provisional Seat Allotment letter from the Board.
- Candidates must download and take a print out of the document to carry along with other verified documents to the reporting centres as mentioned in the letter.
- After the verification, a Provisional Admission Letter will be issued by the board.
Step 4: Allotment of Seats and Report to the Allotted Colleges
- The candidates need to go to the official website for checking the seat allotment
- Download the ‘Provisional Seat Allotment Letter’ when you go online
- Seat allotment is dependent upon the online choice of filling and on the merit list of the candidates.
- Some seats of the institutes will be occupied for the reserved category. Moreover, the availability of seats of the colleges/institutes is varied based on the respective branch.
- After completion of the seat allotment process, the students should report and submit the required documents to the allotted institutes.
- Candidates failing to report to the allotted institute within the projected deadline will lose their candidatures. In that case, they will not get the registration fee return under the no refund policy of CSAB.
Check JEE Main Counselling
Latest News Updates
- JEE Main 2020 Admit Card Released on Jeemain.nic.in. Download Now
- JEE Main 2020 Day 1: Check Exam Updates and JEE Main Paper Analysis
- Registrations For JoSAA Counselling To Begin From 6th October
- Check JEE Main Participating Colleges
- JEE Advanced 2020: Revised Schedule Released, Registration Starts from 11 September
How to Check CSAB Special Round Results?
The CSAB (Central Seat Allocation Board) declares its Special round counselling results on its official website. Candidates must visit the official website to check the results as well as CSAB opening and closing rank for the first round of special vacant seats. Aspirants must follow the below-mentioned steps to check the CSAB special round results:
- Visit the official website at csab.nic.in
- Candidates must login using their JEE Main Application Number and Password.
- After entering the information, click on the submit button
- Check the result displayed on the screen.
Documents Verification Process for CSAB SFTI 2020
For CSAB SFTI 2020, the candidates should carry some self-attested copies of the original documents:
- Provisional Letter of seat allotment
- E-Challan receipt from SBI
- Admit card of JEE Main 2020
- One passport size photograph of the candidates
- Photo ID Proof
- Mark sheet of class X as proof of date of aspirant’s name and date of birth
- Marks sheet of class XII
- If you have a category certificate (SC/ST/OBC-NCL), you should carry it with you
- The disabled candidates also need to bring PWD certificates
- Do not forget to carry a self-attested print out of locked choices and other terms, rules, and regulations from the CSAB website.
CSAB SFTI Participating Institutes
Given below are some CSAB Participating Institutes. The list is subject to change.
|1||Amity University Raipur, Chattisgarh|
|2||Amity University Uttar Pradesh, Greater Noida|
|3||Amity University Madhya Pradesh, Gwalior|
|4||Amity University Haryana, Gurgaon, Haryana|
|5||Amity University Rajasthan, Jaipur|
|6||Amity University Uttar Pradesh, Lucknow|
|7||Amity University Maharashtra, Mumbai|
|8||Amity University Uttar Pradesh, Noida, Uttar Pradesh|
|9||Dr M.G.R Educational and Research Institute, Chennai|
|10||Galgotias University, Greater Noida, Uttar Pradesh|
|11||Jagannath University Jaipur, Rajasthan|
|12||Sister Nivedita University Kolkata, West Bengal|
|13||Techno India University, West Bengal|
FAQs on CSAB SFTI Counselling
Last updated on April 30th, 2020 at 07:05 am Ans. Step 1: First you have to complete the Online registration Step 2: Next, Online choice filling and locking process Step 3: In the third step, you have to allot seat for JoSAA 2020 Step 4: Fee payment for seat acceptance. Once you pay the fees, you have to go through the document verification process Step 5: Report to the allotted college
Last updated on April 30th, 2020 at 07:05 am
Ans. Step 1: First you have to complete the Online registration
Step 2: Next, Online choice filling and locking process
Step 3: In the third step, you have to allot seat for JoSAA 2020
Step 4: Fee payment for seat acceptance. Once you pay the fees, you have to go through the document verification process
Step 5: Report to the allotted college
Last updated on April 30th, 2020 at 07:05 am Ans. Candidates should get A rank in JEE Main Paper 2. Also, they are required to get aggregate 75% scores in five subjects of class 12.
Last updated on April 30th, 2020 at 07:05 am
Ans. Candidates should get A rank in JEE Main Paper 2. Also, they are required to get aggregate 75% scores in five subjects of class 12.
Last updated on April 30th, 2020 at 07:06 am Ans.
Central Seat Allocation Board (CSAB)
Valid JEE Rank
IITs, NITs, and GFTIs
Last updated on April 30th, 2020 at 07:06 am
Last updated on April 30th, 2020 at 07:07 am Ans. If the seat allotment process is completed finally, then the aspirants would not get back the amount. However, if no seat is allotted in a special round, then the applicants would get back the participation fee after deducting 1000 INR.
Last updated on April 30th, 2020 at 07:07 am
Ans. If the seat allotment process is completed finally, then the aspirants would not get back the amount. However, if no seat is allotted in a special round, then the applicants would get back the participation fee after deducting 1000 INR.
Last updated on April 30th, 2020 at 07:08 am Ans. The aspirants from North Eastern region and from Union Territories are able to attend the counselling by Central Seat Allocation Board (CSAB).
Last updated on April 30th, 2020 at 07:08 am
Ans. The aspirants from North Eastern region and from Union Territories are able to attend the counselling by Central Seat Allocation Board (CSAB).
Last updated on April 30th, 2020 at 07:08 am Ans. JoSAA is applicable for the admission of IITs, NITs and for other colleges. When, two round CSAB counselling process is for filling up the vacant seats of NITs, IIITs and for other institutes (not for IITs).
Last updated on April 30th, 2020 at 07:08 am
Ans. JoSAA is applicable for the admission of IITs, NITs and for other colleges. When, two round CSAB counselling process is for filling up the vacant seats of NITs, IIITs and for other institutes (not for IITs).