Let us talk about what is CSAB NEUT 2020 Counselling. What does CSAB NEUT means? Central Seat Allotment Board or CSAB, was the counselling authority for JEE Main before JoSAA. With JoSAA handling the counselling of major states and territories, there were still few seats left empty. This was more likely in North Eastern States and Union Territories (NEUT). Thus, to fill these engineering seats, MHRD conducts CSAB NEUT Counselling. Along with this, it also conducts CSAB 2020 counselling for some other colleges, which is called CSAB SFTI Counselling.
Meanwhile, the aspirants from Dadar and Nagar Haveli, Andaman and Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep, Daman and Diu, take part in CSAB Supernumerary Round. Candidates can attend CSAB NEUT Counselling 2020 if they have a valid JEE Main 2020 score and All India Rank. However, they must have not appeared in any counselling session before.
Check JEE Main Result
Details of CSAB NEUT 2020
- CSAB Full Form – Central Seat Allocation Board
- NEUT Full Form – North Eastern States and Union Territories
- As per the reservation rules of Govt of India, the aspirants can apply for Technology/Engineering/Pharmacy/Architecture programmes from AICTE approved institutes across the country. Colleges participating in JoSAA Counselling, are also CSAB NEUT Participating Colleges.
- There is lack of facilities in the aforementioned states and UTs along with reservation of the seats for specified categories. Hence, candidates belonging to these states are not able to compete students of other states.
- Thus, for the sake of the largest possible participation of the eligible students, MHRD conducts the seat allotment process through CSAB NEUT. (Centralized Seat Allotment Board for North Eastern States and Union Territories)
Important Dates for CSAB NEUT 2020
Dates for various CSAB 2020 NEUT Counselling processes are given below. Although, it is possible that govt might scrap these rounds due to ongoing COVID-19 crisis. There is a long delay in JEE Main April 2020 session. Thus, new batches are getting delayed as well. Students must keep themselves updated.
|Release of Seat Matrix||September 2020|
|CSAB NEUT 2020 Registration and choice filling begins||September 2020|
|CSAB NEUT 2020 Registration and choice filling ends||September 2020|
|Announcement of Seat Allotment||September 2020|
|Reporting at Allotted Institute||October 2020|
Also Check | JEE Main Participating Colleges
Eligibility Criteria of CSAB NEUT 2020
A major question in minds of candidates is, who can apply for CSAB NEUT Counselling and what is CSAB Eligibility? First, the candidates must have a valid rank in JEE Main 2020. Besides, the applicants who have not participated in JoSAA counselling, are eligible to take part in the CSAB special round. This round is conducted for NITs, IIITs and GFTIs.
- To take admission for B.Tech or B.E coursework, the aspirants should pass 12th class with Mathematics and Physics. Apart from these, the candidates should have one of the following subjects such as Technical Vocational/Biotechnology/Biology/ Chemistry.
- For Engineering Courses – The applicants should have at least 45% marks in 12th standard. In case of SC/ST category, they need to have at least 40% marks.
- For Architecture Courses – Applicants must have at least 50% marks in class 12th and PCM. Similarly, SC/ST category applicants must aslo have at least 50% marks in class 12th and PCM.
- Further, if the students want to apply for B.Arch, then they should have 50% score in PCM combined. They need to get 50% marks at least.
- Moreover, institutes might ask for NATA scores to students, who are applying for B.Arch courses.
- In addition, the applicants applying for Pharmacy courses must have Physics and Chemistry as a subject in Class 12th. Allotment is done on aggregate marks of class 12th.
Qualifications Recognised for CSAB NEUT Counselling
Candidates must qualify class 12th boards of CBSE or a CSAB recognised qualifying exam to appear in CSAB NEUT Counselling. So, these exams are considered equal to CBSE class 12th boards by CSAB-
- Intermediate or two-year Pre-University examination conducted by a recognized Board/University.
- Final examination of the two-year course of the Joint Services Wing of the National Defense Academy.
- Senior Secondary School Examination conducted by the National Institute of Open Schooling with a minimum of five subjects.
- Any Public School/ Board/ University examination in India. Or in any foreign country recognized as equivalent to the 10+2 system by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU).
CSAB NEUT 2020 Seat Allotment Procedure
It is necessary to understand the entire CSAB NEUT 2020 counselling for JEE Main Seat Allotment process. Hence, in this regard, follow the below-mentioned steps:
Step 1: Online Registration
Once you fulfil the CSAB eligibility criteria as per the basis of All India Ranks, you need to register yourself at www.csab.nic.in for counselling.
For online registration:
- New candidates: To sign in, the aspirants need to go to the official website and then click the ‘Register online’ option. After that, they need to submit the detailed information such as JEE Main application number, Captcha code and password.
- Already registered: You only need to provide the JEE Main Application Number and password and then you can log in.
Step 2: Verification of Domicile and Category Certificates by State Centres, Finalizing of Registration
To complete the verification, the applicants should need to provide the scorecard, admit card and domicile documents for supporting purposes. Unless you complete your verification process, your registration will not be completed.
Step 3: How To Fill Choices in CSAB, Locking and Saving
- The aspirants can check the number of available seats according to the eligibility criteria.
- Then, as per your preferences, the aspirants can enter the number of choices as many as they can.
- Also, the candidates can reorder their choices. And can edit the earlier filled choice before locking the final choices.
For B.Tech/B.E., B.Arch and B.Plan students:
- The combined choice filling is done for all the courses and allots only 1 seat (based on their preference list, and merit list).
- In the second round seat allotment process, the candidates can choose higher preferences from the remaining seats. In this regard, they need to deposit the security fee at once.
- Meanwhile, the aspirants can register their names only once. And can submit the list of choices as many as you can (based on the priority).
- Hence, it increases the probability of getting a seat with a higher preference. Performance of paper 1, paper 2 and paper 3 in JEE Main will be taken into the account.
- Finally, merit list has a strong reflection on the seat allotment process. And it is published by NTA. Once the merit list is released, the aspirants can fill their preferences.
Latest News Updates
- TNEA 2020 Online Counselling Registration Begins from July 15
- SRMJEEE 2020 Cancelled Amid COVID-19
- Live Update: JEE Main and JEE Advanced 2020 Postponed, New Dates Set For September
- Turn Lockdown Period Into An Opportunity”, says Anand Kumar of Super 30 to JEE Aspirants
- JEE Main 2020: Dates announced by the MHRD, Examination to be conducted from July 18 to 23, 2020
For Pharmacy Aspirants:
To register the name and for choice filling, the pharmacy aspirants should visit the website and do follow the below-mentioned criteria:
- Registration: Once you enter the official website, you need to click the ‘enter’ option and then require to provide the details like full name of the candidates, parent’s name, date of birth, provide the completed mailing address, gender, state of domicile, PWD, category and the aggregated percentage of 12th.
- Upload your documents: Now, you have to upload the scanned copy of your DOB certificate, PWD status, category (if applicable) for supporting state domicile.
- Choice filling: From the provided list, the candidates can enter their choice of preference as much as they can. It is increased with the rising availability of vacant seats. Kindly note it down that the aspirants will be able to check the name of those institutes, in which the domicile state is applicable.
- According to the aggregate score of class 12th, the seat allotment process of the candidates can be done.
- The candidates can lock their preferences for Architecture, Planning and Engineering.
- To complete the process of locking the preferences, the aspirants should enter the details like a password. Then they have to confirm the locking and press the ‘Lock’ button.
- If you forget to press the final ‘lock your choices’ option, then your last submission will be considered as final. Do not forget to take the print out of your locked choice.
Step 4: Seat Allotment
Seat allotment process is done based on their preferences and the merit list of the aspirants in JEE Main AIR. The candidates can check their result on the official website of CSAB.
To complete the online seat allotment process, the aspirants need to follow two rounds:
- First round: In this round, the allotted seat to the candidates and their corresponding result will be displayed. They can view the name of the institute and branch.
- Second round: At the end of the first list, the rest of the available seats will be released. In the second round, no fresh choice of filling will be made.
For SC/ST category aspirants, seat allotment will be conducted as per the AIR regulation. If they cannot apply under the open category, then they can go for the reserved category.
Step 5: Report to the designated center in person with documents and demand draft of security deposits
- Once the students complete the seat allotment process, they need to pay the amount of INR 3000 in the form of demand draft. Issuing name must be CSAB NEUT conducting authority.
- This is the refundable security and once the candidates join the designated colleges, they will be returned the money.
- The aspirants will need to pay the entire course fee directly to the colleges.
Step 6: Report at the colleges/institutions personally for final admission
- If the candidates have satisfaction with the first round and designated institute. Then, they do not need to attend the second round of counselling. Hence, the students must enrol their names to the allotted college as per admission schedule.
- In case of dissatisfaction in first round, then the candidates must wait for the second round. If they attend the second round, then their first round allotment gets cancelled.
CSAB NEUT 2020 Reservation
The Ministry of Human Resource Development coordinates CSAB NEUT 2020. At MHRD specified colleges, the reservation of seats is decided. The aspirants can check their state-wise category for CSAB NEUT Counselling. They can check the eligibility criteria for CSAB NEUT counselling process.
States Under CSAB NEUT 2020 Reservation Scheme
The aspirants belonging from the below-mentioned states and union territories can apply for the reservation under JEE CSAB NEUT 2020 Counselling process. Candidates of North East and Union Territories get reservation on certain number of seats under IITs, NITs and other CSAB NEUT participating colleges.
|List of States Under CSAB-NEUT|
|Dadra and Nagar haveli||Daman and Diu|
|Andaman and Nicobar Islands||Manipur|
Payment and Refund of Fees in CSAB NEUT Counselling
The aspirants should submit a security deposit of INR 2000, in the form of demand draft. Issue must be in favour of CSAB NEUT. This amount is refundable to candidates. Candidate gets the refund if he/she does not take admission to the allotted college/institute.
FAQs on CSAB NEUT Counselling 2020
Ans. The aspirants from North Eastern States and Union Territories (NEUT) get the scope of appearing to the counselling process, organised by Central Seat Allocation Board (CSAB). And get to take admission to the AICTE approved colleges. CSAB NEUT counselling will take place for enrolling the names in Engineering/Architecture coursework.
Ans. Step 1: Online registration
Step 2: Online choice filling and locking process
Step 3: Seat allotment for JoSAA 2020
Step 4: Fee payment for seat acceptance and document verification process
Step 5: Report to the allotted college
Ans. Yes, the candidates can withdraw the seats from CSAB. In this regard, the aspirants should withdraw the seat acceptance fee. 1500 Rs. will be deducted by CSAB.
Ans. CSAB will directly send you a link to your registered number or email address to redirect to the payment portal. The candidates need to pay through SBI portal and provide the details like credit card number, CVV, expiry date and the account holder name.
Ans. CSAB considers the All India Ranking of the candidates. The CSAB NEUT counselling process is similar to JoSAA counselling.
Ans. The candidates require to have a valid rank in JEE Main. In addition, the applicants, who have not participated in JoSAA counselling, are eligible to take part in the CSAB special round for NITs, IIITs and GFTIs 2020.