The aspirants from Dadar and Nagar Haveli, Andaman and Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep, Daman and Diu, take part in CSAB Supernumerary Round. If the candidates have a valid JEE Main score and have not appeared any counselling season before, can attend CSAB NEUT counselling process.
Check JEE Main Result
Details of CSAB NEUT
- As per the reservation of Govt of India, the aspirants can apply for Technology/Engineering/Pharmacy/Architecture program from AICTE approved institutes across the country.
- Due to the lack of facilities in the aforementioned states and UTs, the seats are reserved for engineering/polytechnic coursework. Foreign students are eligible for this.
- For the sake of the largest possible participation of the eligible students, MHRD conducts the seat allotment process through CSAB NEUT (Centralized Seat Allotment Board for North Eastern States and Union Territories).
Round Dates of CSAB Supernumerary
Read the following content to find the expected schedule for CSAB NEUT 2020 Counselling process:
|Release of Seat Matrix||7th August, 2020|
|Registration and choice filling begins on||8th August, 2020|
|Registration and Choice Filling ends on||9th August, 2020|
|Announcement of Seat Allotment||10th August, 2020|
|Reporting of Allotted Institute||11th-14th August, 2020|
Eligibility Criteria of CSAB NEUT 2020
The candidates must to have a valid rank in JEE Main. Besides the applicants, who have not participated in JoSAA counselling, are eligible to take part in the CSAB special round for NITs, IIITs and GFTIs 2020.
- To take admission for B.Tech or B.E coursework, the aspirants should pass 12th class with Mathematics and Physics. Apart from these, the candidates should have one of the following subjects such as Technical Vocational/Biotechnology/Biology/ Chemistry.
- The applicants should get at least 75% marks in 12th standard or they need to get 65% in ST/SC category.
- If the students want to apply for B.Arch, then they should have in depth knowledge in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics of class 12. They need to get 75% marks in aggregate.
- The students, who are applying for B.Arch, may ask for a NATA score.
- The applicants must to get 75% marks in aggregate in class 12 if they have planned to enrol their names in B.Planning.
Qualification Recognised by CSAB
There are two rounds of spot counselling round to complete the entire process. The aspirants should know the details about the allotment process:
- For registration purposes, the candidates should visit the official website of CSAB.
- You need to click the link on CSAB NEUT Counselling.
- Next, you need to submit the details like the state of domicile category, gender, PwD status, a special benefitted claim for Nagaland and the aggregate percentage in class 12 or equivalent marks.
- The applicants will get the opportunity to arrange the order and preferences of choices for coursework and the preferable institutes.
- If any guilty of misconduct is found, then the registration of the applicants can be rejected by CSAB NEUT 2020 counselling.
CSAB NEUT 2020 Seat Allotment Procedure
It is necessary to understand the entire CSAB NEUT 2020 counselling for JEE Main Seat Allotment process. In this regard, follow the below-mentioned steps:
Step 1: Online Registration
Once you fulfil the eligibility criteria as per the basis of All India Ranks, you need to register your name from csab.nic.in for counselling purpose. If you enrol your name for pharmacy coursework, you have to enrol your name from a different link of the official website.
For online registration:
- New candidate registration: To sign in, the aspirants need to go to the official website and then need to click the ‘Register online’ option. After that, they need to submit the detailed information such as JEE Main application number, Captcha code, password.
- Already registered: You only need to provide the JEE Main Application Number and password and then you can log in.
Step 2: Verification of Domicile and Category Certificates by State Centres, Finalizing of Registration
To complete the verification, the applicants should need to provide the scorecard, admit card and domicile documents for supporting purposes. Unless you complete your verification process, your registration will not be completed.
Step 3: Online Choice Filling, Locking and Saving
- The aspirants can check the number of available seats according to the eligibility criteria.
- As per your preferences, the aspirants can enter the number of choices as many as they can.
- The candidates can reorder their choices and can edit the earlier filled choice as many as they want before locking the final choices.
For B.Tech/B.E., B.Arch and B.Plan students:
- The combined choice filling is done for all the courses and allots only 1 seat (based on their preference list, and merit list).
- In the second round seat allotment process, the candidates can choose higher preferences from the remaining seats. In this regard, they need to deposit the security fee at once.
- The aspirants can register their names for only once and can submit the list of choices as many as you can (based on the priority).
- It increases the probability of getting a seat with a higher preference. Performance of paper 1, paper 2 and paper 3 in JEE Main will be taken into the account.
- Merit list has a strong reflection on the seat allotment process and it is published by JEE Main. Once the merit list is released, the aspirants can fill their preferences.
Latest News Updates
- NTA Re-opens JEE Main Application Form For Candidates, Last Date To Apply Is 24th May
- Turn Lockdown Period Into An Opportunity”, says Anand Kumar of Super 30 to JEE Aspirants
- JEE Main 2020 Syllabus not reduced, says NTA
- JEE Main 2020: Dates announced by the MHRD, Examination to be conducted from July 18 to 23, 2020
- New Batches for IITs and NITs to start in September 2020
For Pharmacy Aspirants:
To register the name and for choice filling, the pharmacy aspirants should visit the website and do follow the below-mentioned criteria:
- Registration: Once you enter the official website, you need to click the ‘enter’ option and then require to provide the details like full name of the candidates, parent’s name, date of birth, provide the completed mailing address, gender, state of domicile, PWD, category and the aggregated percentage of 12th.
- Upload your documents: Now, you have to upload the scanned copy of your DOB certificate, PWD status, category (if applicable) for supporting state domicile.
- Choice filling: From the provided list, the candidates can enter their choice of preference as much as they can. It is increased with the rising availability of vacant seats. Kindly note it down that the aspirants will be able to check the name of those institutes, in which the domicile state is applicable.
- According to the aggregate score of class 12th, the seat allotment process of the candidates can be done.
- The candidates can lock their preferences for Architecture, Planning and Engineering.
- To complete the process of locking the preferences, the aspirants should enter the details like a password. Then they have to confirm the locking and press the ‘Lock’ button.
- If you forget to press the final ‘lock your choices’ option, then your last submission will be considered as final. Do not forget to take the print out of your locked choice.
Step 4: Seat Allotment
Seat allotment process is done based on their preferences and the merit list of the aspirants in JEE Main AIR. The candidates can check their result on the official website of CSAB.
To complete the online seat allotment process, the aspirants need to follow two rounds:
- First round: In this round, the allotted seat to the candidates and their corresponding result will be displayed. They can view the name of the institute and branch.
- Second round: At the end of the first list, the rest of the available seats will be released. In the second round, no fresh choice of filling will be made.
For SC/ST category aspirants, seat allotment will be conducted as per the AIR regulation. If they cannot apply under the open category, then they can go for the reserved category.
Step 5: Report to the designated center in person with documents and demand draft of security deposits
- Once the students complete the seat allotment process, they need to pay the amount of INR 3000 in the form of demand draft, issued for CSAB NEUT conducting authority.
- This is the refundable security and once the candidates join the designated colleges, they will be returned the money.
- The aspirants will need to pay the entire course fee directly to the colleges.
Step 6: Report at the colleges/institutions personally for final admission
- If the candidates are satisfied with the first round and designated institute, then they do not need to attend the second round of counselling. Hence, the students are required to enrol their names to the allotted college according to the admission schedule.
- In case of dissatisfaction with the first round, then the candidates are required to wait for the second round. If they attend the second round, then their first round seat allotment to the institute will be rejected eventually.
CSAB NEUT 2020 Reservation
The Ministry of Human Resource Development coordinates CSAB NEUT 2020. At MHRD specified colleges, the reservation of seats is decided. The aspirants can check their state-wise category for CSAB NEUT Counselling. They can check the eligibility criteria for CSAB NEUT counselling process.
States Under CSAB NEUT 2020 Reservation Scheme
The aspirants belonging from the below-mentioned states and union territories can apply for the reservation under JEE CSAB NEUT 2020 Counselling process.
|List of States Under CSAB-NEUT|
|Dadra and Nagar haveli||Daman and Diu|
|Andaman and Nicobar Islands||Manipur|
Payment and Refund of Fees
The aspirants should submit a security deposit of INR 2000, in the form of demand draft, which is issued in favour of CSAB NEUT. The amount is refundable and the aspirants get the refund if they do not get admission to the allotted colleges/institutes.
Ans. The aspirants from North Eastern States and Union Territories (NEUT) get the scope of appearing to the counselling process, organised by Central Seat Allocation Board (CSAB). And get to take admission to the AICTE approved colleges. CSAB NEUT counselling will take place for enrolling the names in Engineering/Architecture coursework.
Ans. Step 1: Online registration
Step 2: Online choice filling and locking process
Step 3: Seat allotment for JoSAA 2020
Step 4: Fee payment for seat acceptance and document verification process
Step 5: Report to the allotted college
Ans. Yes, the candidates can withdraw the seats from CSAB. In this regard, the aspirants should withdraw the seat acceptance fee. 1500 Rs. will be deducted by CSAB.
Ans. CSAB will directly send you a link to your registered number or email address to redirect to the payment portal. The candidates need to pay through SBI portal and provide the details like credit card number, CVV, expiry date and the account holder name.
Ans. CSAB considers the All India Ranking of the candidates. The CSAB NEUT counselling process is similar to JoSAA counselling.
Ans. The candidates require to have a valid rank in JEE Main. In addition, the applicants, who have not participated in JoSAA counselling, are eligible to take part in the CSAB special round for NITs, IIITs and GFTIs 2020.