Last updated on July 29th, 2021
Let us talk about what CSAB NEUT 2021 Counselling. What does CSAB NEUT mean? Once JoSAA Counselling is completed, Central Seat Allocation Board (CSAB) starts conducting their seat allocation procedure for Engineering, Architecture and Pharmacy seats of some special colleges.
Latest Update on CSAB NEUT 2021-
CSAB Counselling registration process will start soon on csab.nic.in.
- JEE Main 2021 Session 3 and 4 will be conducted in July and August 2021.
- CSAB NEUT Counselling 2021 will start after the announcement of JEE Main results and AIRs by NTA.
- The CSAB NEUT counselling schedule 2021 will be announced soon.
Direct Link for CSAB NEUT Counselling 2020 Round 1 Result (Latest) With JoSAA handling the counselling of major states and territories, few seats in JEE Main Participating Colleges are often left vacant. These are more likely in the North Eastern States and Union Territories (NEUT). Thus, to fill these engineering seats, MHRD conducts a separate counselling called CSAB NEUT Counselling. It also conducts CSAB 2021 Counselling for some other self-funded colleges, which is called CSAB SFTI Counselling.
- Meanwhile, the aspirants from 12 North Eastern States & Union Territories (namely Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Manipur, Nagaland, Sikkim, Tripura, Dadra & Nagar Haveli, Daman & Diu, Andaman & Nicobar Islands and Lakshadweep), take part in CSAB Supernumerary Rounds.
- Candidates can attend CSAB NEUT Counselling 2021 if they have a valid JEE Main 2021 score and All India Rank in Paper 1, 2 and 3.
You Might Like
- JEE Main Counselling 2021: Schedule, Process, Cut Off and More
- IIITs in India: Admissions, Rankings, Fees, Placements
- Top GFTIs Cut Off 2019 (OR-CR)
CSAB NEUT 2021: Highlights
CSAB Full-Form – Central Seat Allocation Board
NEUT Full-Form – North Eastern States and Union Territories
There is a lack of facilities and engineering colleges/polytechnics in the aforementioned North Eastern states and UTs along with reservation of the seats for specified categories including foreign students.
- Hence, candidates belonging to these states are not able to compete with students from other states. As per the reservation rules of Govt of India, the aspirants can apply for Technology / Engineering / Pharmacy / Architecture programmes from AICTE approved institutes across the country via CSAB NEUT Counselling.
- Thus, for the sake of the largest possible participation of the eligible students, MHRD conducts the seat allotment process through CSAB NEUT Counselling. (Central Seat Allocation Board for North Eastern States and Union Territories).
Important Dates for CSAB NEUT 2021
CSAB NEUT Counselling schedule has not been released yet. Dates will be updated here as soon as CSAB releases the schedule.
|Release of Seat Matrix||To Be Announced|
|CSAB NEUT 2021 Registration and Choice Filling begins||To Be Announced|
|CSAB NEUT 2020 Registration and Choice Filling ends||To Be Announced|
|Announcement of Seat Allotment – Round 1||To Be Announced|
|Announcement of Seat Allotment – Round 2||To Be Announced|
Complete Schedule For CSAB 2020 Special Round
Soon after JoSAA Counselling 2021 is completed, CSAB conducts special rounds counselling for NIT+ system colleges i.e. NITs, IIITs and GFTIs. This is conducted only for those seats which are left vacant after all rounds of JoSAA Counselling. Detailed Schedule for CSAB Counselling 2021 Special Rounds is given below-
|Display of Vacancies after JoSAA rounds||TBA||TBA|
|Registration, Payment of Participation/Processing Fee and Choice Filling STARTS||TBA||TBA|
|Registration, Payment of Participation/Processing Fee and Choice Filling ENDS||TBA||TBA|
|Display of Seat Allotment Result – Special Round-I||TBA||TBA|
|A) Exercising any one of the following options based on the outcome of Special Round-I||–||TBA|
|Seat Acceptance (FREEZE/SLIDE/FLOAT) & Institute Reporting (OR)||–|
|Surrender Allotted Seat and Participating in Next Round (OR)||–|
|Surrender Allotted Seat and NOT Participating in Next Round (OR)||–|
|Not allotted any seat at the end of special round-I, and NOT WILLING TO PARTICIPATE IN THE SPECIAL ROUND – II||–|
|B) Online reporting: Seat Acceptance Fee payment / Document upload / Response by a candidate to query (if required)||–|
|Last day to respond to queries (Special Round I)||TBA||TBA|
|Display of Seat Allotment Result – Special Round-II||TBA||TBA|
|Reporting at Allotted Institute (In-Person/Online)||–||TBA|
Eligibility Criteria For CSAB NEUT 2021 Counselling
Candidates must be also aware of who can apply for CSAB NEUT Counselling and what is the CSAB Eligibility Criteria. Firstly, the candidates must have a valid rank in JEE Main 2021 and All India Rank in Paper 1 or 2 or 3. Other than this, the applicants who have participated in JoSAA counselling, but were not allocated a seat, are also eligible to take part in the CSAB special round. This round is conducted for different institutes such as NITs, IIITs and GFTIs but CSAB NEUT does not include IITs under it.
- To take admission for B.Tech or B.E course, the aspirants should have passed class 12th with Mathematics and Physics as major subjects. Along with this, the candidates should also have one of the following subjects such as Technical Vocational/Biotechnology/Biology/ Chemistry.
- Further, if the students want to apply for B.Arch, then they should have a 50% score in PCM combined. They need to get 50% marks.
- Few institutes might ask for NATA scores to students who are applying for B.Arch courses.
- In addition, the applicants applying for Pharmacy courses must have Physics and Chemistry as a subject in Class 12th. The allotment is done on aggregate marks of class 12th.
You Might Like-
Qualifications Recognised for CSAB NEUT Counselling
Candidates must qualify Class 12th boards or a CSAB recognised qualifying exam to appear in CSAB NEUT Counselling. Therefore the qualification considered equivalent to Class 12th boards are mentioned below:
- Intermediate or two-year Pre-University examination conducted by a recognized Board/University.
- Final examination of the two-year course of the Joint Services Wing of the National Defense Academy.
- Senior Secondary School Examination conducted by the National Institute of Open Schooling with a minimum of five subjects.
- Any Public School/ Board/ University examination in India. Or in any foreign country recognized as equivalent to the 10+2 system by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU).
CSAB NEUT 2021 Seat Allotment Procedure
It is necessary for the candidates to understand the entire CSAB NEUT Counselling 2021 for JEE Main Seat Allotment process. Hence, in this regard, follow the below-mentioned steps:
Step 1: Online Registration
Candidates once fulfil the CSAB eligibility criteria as per the basis of All India Ranks in Paper 1, 2 and 3 of JEE, they are required to register themselves at www.csab.nic.in for counselling.
For online registration:
- New candidates: To sign in, the aspirants are required to visit the official website, click the ‘Register online’ option and then submit the detailed information such as JEE Main Application Number, Captcha code and Password created while applying for JEE Main 2021. After submitting all the required information, candidates can Sign in.
- Already registered: Candidates are just required to provide their JEE Main Application Number and Password and then they can Log in.
Step 2: Verification of Domicile and Category Certificates by State Centres, Finalizing of Registration
- For the verification purpose, the applicants are required to provide the verification of:
- Score Card,
- Admit Card,
- Domicile documents,
- Photo ID and all other supporting documents.
- Once done with the verification process, the final registration of the candidates stands completed.
Step 3: How To Fill Choices in CSAB – Locking and Saving?
- Firstly, aspirants can check the number of available seats according to the eligibility criteria.
- Thereafter, as per their preferences, the aspirants can enter as many choices as they can.
- Also, the candidates can reorder their choices, edit the earlier filled choice and add as many choices before locking the final choices.
Note: Students failing to submit the choices within the prescribed time, in that case, their previously filled choices will be taken into consideration. Read More
For B.Tech/B.E., B.Arch and B.Plan students:
- The combined choice filling is done for all the courses and only 1 seat is allotted based on their preference list, and merit list.
- In the second round seat allotment process, the candidates can get a seat of higher preferences from the remaining seats. In this regard, they need to deposit the security fee at once.
- Meanwhile, the aspirants can register their names only once, submit the single list of choices where they can fill as many choices as they can based on the priority.
- Hence, it increases the probability of getting a seat with a higher preference. For this, performance of paper 1, 2 and 3 in JEE Main will be taken into the account.
- Finally, the merit list has a strong influence on the seat allotment process and it is published by NTA. Once the merit list is released, the aspirants are allowed to fill their preferences.
For Pharmacy Aspirants:
To register the name and fill the choice, the pharmacy aspirants are required to visit the website and do follow the below-mentioned criteria:
- Registration: Once you enter the official website, you need to click the ‘Apply’ option and then provide the details like Full name of the candidates, Parent’s name, Date of Birth, Completed Mailing address, Gender, State of Domicile, PWD, category and the aggregated percentage of 12th.
- Upload your documents: Now, you have to upload the scanned copy of your DOB certificate, PWD status, category (if applicable) and documents supporting the state of domicile.
- Choice filling: From the provided list, the candidates can enter their choices of preference as many as they can. It is increased with the rising availability of vacant seats. Kindly note it down that the aspirants will be able to check only the name of those institutes in which the domicile state is applicable.
- According to the aggregate score of class 12th, the seat allotment process of the candidates can be done.
- The candidates can lock their preferences for Architecture, Planning and Engineering.
- To complete the process of locking the preferences, the aspirants should enter the details like password. Thereafter they have to confirm the locking by pressing the ‘Lock’ button.
- If you forget to press the final ‘lock your choices’ option, then your last submission will be considered as final. Do not forget to take the print out of your locked choice.
Step 4: Seat Allotment & Willingness
Seat allotment process is done based on their preferences and the merit list of the aspirants in JEE Main AIR. The candidates can check their result on the official website of CSAB. To complete the online seat allotment process, the aspirants need to follow the below-mentioned two rounds:
- First round: In this round, the allotted seat to the candidates and their corresponding result will be displayed which will include the name of the institute and branch.
- Second round: At the end of the first list, the rest of the available seats will be released. No fresh choice of filling will be made so candidates are advised to fill/modify the choices in the first round itself.
For SC/ST category aspirants, seat allotment will be conducted as per the AIR regulation. If they do not get the seat under the open category, then they will be considered for the reserved category. Candidates will have three options of willingness to choose from-
- Freeze – To confirm a seat and pay seat acceptance without any changes in further rounds
- Slide – To confirm a seat and pay seat acceptance, but opt for better seat or better college
- Float – To confirm a seat and pay seat acceptance, but also opt for a better seat in the same college.
Candidates who are allotted a seat can check official instructions here.
Step 5: Online Reporting and Seat Acceptance Payment
- Once the students complete the seat allotment process, they need to pay the amount of INR 3000 via Net Banking, Debit/Credit Card, UPI or e-challan.
- This is a seat confirmation payment and will be adjusted towards the institute fee.
- Aspirants will be required to pay the entire course fee directly to the institutions.
Step 6: Reporting at colleges/institutions for final admission
- If the candidates have satisfaction with the first round and designated institute then they do not need to attend the second round of counselling. Hence, the students must visit their allotted college to enroll their names as per admission schedule.
- In case of dissatisfaction in the first round, the candidates must wait for the second round. Thus if they participate in the second round, then their first round allotment can be upgraded or remains the same, depending on availability.
Documents Required at the Time of Reporting
At the time of reporting, candidates are requested to carry the following documents in original and a set of photocopies:
- CSAB NEUT Allotment Letter
- JEE Main 2021 Admit Card
- JEE Main 2021 Scorecard
- 5 Passport size photographs
- Photo ID Proof
- Class X Marksheet
- Class XII Marksheet
- Demand draft/NEFT Receipt in favour of the allotted college for the fee
- Migration Certificate
- School/College leaving certificate
Official List of Documents required can be found here.
CSAB NEUT 2021 Reservation
The Ministry of Human Resource Development coordinates allocation of seats by CSAB NEUT 2021. At MHRD specified colleges, the reservation of seats is decided as per the policy of the respective state/UT. Aspirants can check their state-wise category for CSAB NEUT Counselling to check the eligibility criteria for CSAB NEUT counselling process.
States Under CSAB NEUT 2021 Reservation Scheme
Aspirants belonging to any of the below-mentioned states and union territories can apply for the reservation under JEE CSAB NEUT 2021 Counselling process.
Candidates of North East and Union Territories get reservation on a certain number of seats under IITs, NITs and other CSAB NEUT participating colleges.
|List of States Under CSAB-NEUT|
|Dadra and Nagar haveli||Daman and Diu|
|Andaman and Nicobar Islands||Manipur|
You Might Like
Payment and Refund of Fees in CSAB NEUT Counselling
- The aspirants should submit a security deposit of INR 3000 in the form of demand draft.
- Issue must be in favour of CSAB NEUT.
- This amount is refundable to candidates.
- Candidate gets the refund if he/she does not take admission to the allotted college/institute.
Note: If the candidates have registered and filled the choices in the first round, it will be applicable to the second round. Candidates do not need to register for it separately.
FAQs on CSAB NEUT Counselling 2021
Ques 1. What is CSAB NEUT Counselling?
Ans. The aspirants from North Eastern States and Union Territories (NEUT) get the scope of appearing to the counselling process, organised by Central Seat Allocation Board (CSAB). And get to take admission to the AICTE approved colleges. CSAB NEUT counselling will take place for enrolling the names in Engineering/Architecture coursework.
Ques 2. What are the steps of JEE Main Counselling and Seat Allotment Process?
Ans. Step 1: Online registration
Step 2: Online choice filling and locking process
Step 3: Seat allotment for JoSAA 2021
Step 4: Fee payment for seat acceptance and document verification process
Step 5: Report to the allotted college
Ques 3. How can an aspirant withdraw seats from CSAB?
Ans. Yes, the candidates can withdraw the seats from CSAB. In this regard, the aspirants should withdraw the seat acceptance fee. 1500 Rs. will be deducted by CSAB.
Ques 4. What is the process of paying the money to CSAB?
Ans. CSAB will directly send you a link to your registered number or email address to redirect to the payment portal. The candidates need to pay through SBI portal and provide the details like credit card number, CVV, expiry date and the account holder name.
Ques 5. Which rank is accepted in CSAB NEUT counselling?
Ans. CSAB considers the All India Ranking of the candidates. The CSAB NEUT counselling process is similar to JoSAA counselling.
Ques 6. What are the eligibility criteria for CSAB NEUT counselling special round?
Ans. The candidates are required to have a valid rank in JEE Main. In addition, the applicants, who have not participated in JoSAA counselling, are eligible to take part in the CSAB special round for NITs, IIITs and GFTIs 2021.
Ques 7. What is the difference between JoSAA and CSAB?
Answer: The basic difference is that first, JoSAA completes its JEE Main Counselling process for admissions to IITs, NITs and other participating colleges. Then, CSAB conducts 2 rounds to fill up the vacant seats (if any) of NITs, IIITs and other colleges (this does not include IITs). CSAB conducts two separate counselling sessions called CSAB NEUT and CSAB SFTI.