Last updated on July 16th, 2021 by Sounak Banerjee
College of Vocational Studies (CVS) is is a co-instructive school established in 1972. It is affiliated to theUniversity of Delhi. It has been accredited by NAAC with a Grade ‘A’ and CGPA of 3.05. The college offers various undergraduate degree programs such as B.A. (Professional Studies), proficient distinctions courses like Bachelor of Management Studies (BMS), B.A. (Hons.), Bachelor of Business Economics (BBE), B.Com, B.Sc. (Hons.), and more.
Admission to the various courses offered at CVS, New Delhi is based on the cut-off released by the college through the Delhi University Joint Admission Test (DU-JAT) and candidates’ performance in the qualifying examination.
College For Vocational Studies, New Delhi Key Points
- It is a public college established in 1972.
- CVS New Delhi is famous for its Vocational and Management courses.
- It is affiliated to Delhi University (DU).
- It offers full-time courses and as well as part-time courses.
- It offers 15 courses across 6 different streams.
- The main campus of CVS New Delhi is located in the DDA Market, Sheikh Sarai, New Delhi.
- The average course fee is 45,000 to 150,000 for 3 years.
- The average CTC offered to the students at CVS New Delhi is INR 4-5 lakhs.
- The total numbers of faculties are 35.
College For Vocational Studies, New Delhi Courses and Fees
College For Vocational Studies, New Delhi offers various vocational and management courses of which the details are tabulated below:
|Course||Course Details||Selection Criteria|
|Bachelor of Vocational Studies||
||Merit-Based/Cutoff Rank through DUET|
|Bachelor of Arts (B. A.)||
|Bachelor of Management Studies (BMS)||
|Bachelor of Arts (Hons.)||
|Bachelor of Science (B.Sc) (Hons.)||
|Bachelor of Commerce (B.Com) (Hons.)||
College For Vocational Studies, New Delhi Cutoff 2020
Tabulated below are the details of CVS New Delhi First Round Cut-off 2020 for various courses offered at the college and different categories:
|Courses||GENERAL (%)||OBC(%)||SC(%)||ST(%)||PWD(%)||KASHMIRI (%)||EWS(%)|
|B.A (Hons.) Economics||96.5||91.75||85.5||75.5||72.5||88.5||96.25|
|B.A (Hons.) History||92||87.5||86.5||85.5||85.5||86.5||89.75|
|B.Sc (Hons.) Computer Science with PCM||92.5||88||85||84||84||86||92.25|
|B.A (Hons) English||96.5||93.5||90.5||90.5||90.5||93.5||96.25|
|B.A (Hons.) Hindi||79.5||77.5||76.5||75.5||75.5||77.5||79.25|
|Human Resouce Management||92.5||86.5||84.5||83.5||83.5||86.5||89.75|
|Management and Marketing of Insurance||88.50||82.5||81.5||80.5||80.5||82.5||86.75|
|Marketing Management and Retail Business||88.5||82.5||81.5||80.5||80.5||82.5||86.75|
|Small and Medium Enterprises||86.5||81||80||79||79||81||84.75|
College For Vocational Studies, New Delhi Scholarships
CVS, New Delhi offers various scholarships to meritorious and deserving candidates. The details of the Merit-cum-Means and Post Matric Scheme Scholarships are as follows:
- Vidyasha Scholarships: In the memory of Sh. Vidya Prakash Nayar, two scholarships worth INR 1500 per annum are awarded if they fulfill the eligibility criteria.
- Miss Ametoj Bali Scholarship: In memory of Miss Ametoj Bali, who died in a car accident during her third year, a 3rd-year B.Com (Hons) student can avail of this scholarship of amount INR 1200 per annum.
- Scholarship for SC/ST Students: SC/ST candidates whose parent’s income is not more than INR 2,000 per month will be provided with this scholarship.
How to Avail Scholarships?
Candidates shall fill the online application form on the official website of CVS New Delhi which is made available in the month of October or September.