Last updated on June 23rd, 2021 by Nikita Joshi
The registration process for the undergraduate courses in the Chaudhary Devi Lal University was closed on 23rd August 2020. The final counseling was done on 31st August 2020. The classes for the academic session of 2020 – 2021 will begin soon.
19th September 2020 was the last date to register for the PG courses. Candidates can check the merit list by logging in with their registration ID and password generated during the time of the registration process.
The Ph.D. registration portal on CDLU’s official website was opened in between the time window of 25th August to 10th September 2020. The shortlisted candidates on the basis of merit are announced on the official website of the college on 24th September 2020.
The application process for the D.P.Ed course was closed on September 24, 2020. The two merit lists are published on 26th September and 29th September 2020 respectively.
Here are some of the key facts related to the CDLU merit list preparation and admission process,
- The Shortlisting of candidates in the Ph.D. programs is done only after the interview and counselling process.
- More than one merit list is published for every single course included in the UG and PG program offered by Chaudhary Devi Lal University.
- Under the distance learning program offered by CDLU, both UG and PG courses are offered in the distance education program. Only the students who applied for the course first will be given admission in this course. Not only the degree courses but the diploma courses are also available.
- For the M. Tech course, entrance examination like GATE is accepted, and to get a seat in the Ph.D. course a candidate needs to qualify in the examinations like UGC-NET, GATE or any other qualifying exam related to the Ph.D. course.
|UG Registration Window||10th August 2020 to 23rd August 2020|
|Last Date for PG courses registration||19th September, 2020|
|Merit Lists for B.A. LLB integrated programme||
|UG Merit Lists||
|GATE Application Window||11th September, 2020 to 8th october 2020 (without late fee)|
|GATE Admit Card Release Date||08th january, 2021|
|GATE Examination Date||6,7,13 and 14th February, 2021|
|CMAT Admit Card Availability||24th March, 2021 to 31st March, 2021|
|CMAT Exam dates||31st March, 2021|
|MDU CEE Application Window||June, 2020 (tentatively)|
|MDU CEE Admit Card||To be notified|
|MDU CEE Examination Date||July 5 and July 6 2021|
CDLU Course Details
Both undergraduate and postgraduate courses are offered by the Chaudhari Devi Lal University.
- B.A. – The bachelor of arts degree is offered by the institution in the Journalism and mass communication. The course is 3 years long and 50 seats are available in the category. A candidate needs to pay an approximate amount of 6000 per year. The integrated B.A. degree is also offered along with L.L.B. For this course the candidate needs to pay a total of 1 lakh 40 thousands INR (approximately). The course is 5 years long and a total of 60 seats are available in this category.
- LLB – Candidates with graduation and 45% of aggregated marks can apply for this 3 Years long LLB course. A total of 60 seats are available in this category.
- B.Ed. – Candidates who are seeking for the B.Ed. degree can join this 2 years long course. Each year the candidate needs to pay a total of 16450 INR. The number of seats are limited and that is 100.
- PG courses – The postgraduate courses are offered almost in every stream. M.A, M.Sc, LLM, MCA, M.Com and Master of Physical Education are the courses available in the postgraduate program offered by the CDLU. To select the candidates in the M.Sc., MDUCEE entrance examination is conducted. All the courses are full time courses. The application process is online for these courses. M.Sc. specialization can be done in Zoology, Physics, Biotechnology, Mathematics etcetera. M.A. is offered in History and Archaeology, Geography, English, Hindi and few others. In the M.Sc. category the niumber of seats varies in between 30 to 50, whereas in the M.A. courses the number of seats varies in between 30 to 60. For M.Sc. The admission fee is 12400 per year. All the masters degree courses are 2 years long.
- MBA – The Master in Business Administration can be done only in 2 years from CDLU. to apply for this course BBA is required. Application mode is online. For both of the year a candidate needs to apy 22400 INR as tuition fee.
- M.Tech. – Candidates are selected on the basis of their score in the GATE examination. Applicants should have a BE or a B.Tech. degree. The specialization can be done in computer science and engineering. The duration of this cpurse is 2 years.
- Integrated Masters – the integrated masters degree program is offered in Economics and mathematics. The online application process is followed by a merit based application process. The time duration for this course is 5 years. A total of 23 seats in the economics department and 40 seats in the mathematics department are on offer.
- Distance Lerarning – Distance learning is offered in B.A. , B.Com. and BCA. all these distance learning education programs are 3 years long. Masters in computer science, M.A. in English, Mass communication and education along with PFG Diploma in Business management, Mass communication and Computer application are offered by Chaudhary Devi Lal University.
CDLU Eligibility Criteria
CDLU B.Ed. Admission 2021
To apply for the B.Ed. courses in the CDLU, a candidate needs to complete his or her bachelor’sdegree from a renowned univerrsity.
- To apply for the Bachelor of Arts degree in Journalism and Mass Communication a candidate needs to pass the higher secondary examination. The educational background doesn’t really matter. Students from both science and commerce streams can apply for this course.
- To be considered as eligible for the BA-LLB integrated course a candidate needs to pass the 10+2 level with all the relevant subjects including English.
Post Graduate Admission 2021 in CDLU
Chaudhary Devi Lal University offers M.A., M.Sc., M.PEd. LLM, M.Com. MCA courses. To apply for these courses a candidate needs to have a bachelor’s degree in the relevant subject that the candidate is seeking applicants for.
MBA Admission Criteria in CDLU
The applicant needs to have a Bachelor’s degree in business administration degree. Also, the candidate needs to clear the CMAT examination with a minimum percentile.
M.Tech Admission Eligibility Criteria in 2021
All the applicants need to have a bachelor’s degree in any field of Engineering i.e. the B.Tech degree. The candidates from the computer engineering background can also apply in the M.Tech courses. An applicant also needs to sit in the GATE examination and also needs to pass it.
Eligibility Criteria for the Integrated Courses
The University also offers integrated master’s degrees and also integrated LLB courses.
The candidates who are willing to apply for the master’s degree in both arts and science stream.
- Candidates need to pass the 10+2 level to be considered eligible for the integrated M.Sc. or M.A. course.
- The candidates must need to have a bachelor’s degree for lateral entry in these courses.
- The candidates are shortlisted in this category only on the basis of merit.
Distance Education in Chaudhary Devi Lal University
The distance learning program is offered for both undergraduate and postgraduate courses.
- For a bachelor’s degree program like B.A. or B.Com, an aspiring candidate needs to pass the higher secondary from a university or a school with English as the main subject. The candidate’s educational background should be arts and commerce respectively.
- To apply for the BCA course the candidate needs to pass the 10+2 level or the candidate can complete a diploma in Polytechnic with the relevant subject from any of the recognized universities.
- The postgraduate degree programs are offered in the MA, M.Sc., MBA, M.Com., MCA along with a diploma. To apply for these courses a candidate needs to have a bachelor’s degree in the relevant field from any of the renowned universities around the world.
CDLU Selection Criteria
In most of the courses offered by Chaudhary Devi Lal University, the admission is given on the basis of merit, but there are also some courses that offer admission on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Selection for Undergraduate Courses
- The admission in the B.A. and the integrated BA-LLB course is done solely on the basis of merit. CDLU prepared the merit list based on the candidate’s performance in the class 12 board examination.
- In the first merit list, only a few among all the shortlisted candidates will be called. The merit lists will be published until all the seats are filled in the courses.
- Candidates on the merit list need to contact the university for a document verification process. Documents like class 12 mark sheet, Photo ID copy, and few others need to be submitted.
- If a candidate has applied for the B.Ed course, he or she needs to submit the bachelor’s degree certificate along with all other documents during the document verification process.
Selection Process for the PG courses
- Candidates who are applying for the M.Sc. courses are selected after checking the score of the candidates in the MDU – CET examination. For other courses only the bachelor’s degree percentile is considered.
- The merit list is prepared by the governing body and candidates will be contacted on the basis of the merit list.
- Selected candidates need to come to the college premises for document verification. Only after that the admission will be confirmed.
Selection Process for MBA
- The candidates are selected on the basis of the performance in the Qualifying examination like CMAT, UGC NET et cetera.
- A bachelor’s degree certificate in business administration is also required at the time of admission.
- The list of selected candidates will be available on the college website via merit lists.
- The shortlisted candidates need to contact the college with the required documents during admission.
Master of Technology Candidate Selection in 2021
- The applicants with valid GMAT scores are only considered for selection.
- The candidates need to go through a document verification process after they are selected in the merit list published on the college website.
The selection process in the Integrated courses depends on the level to which the candidate is seeking admission.
- The aspiring candidates are selected on the basis of merit and their performance in the class 12 board examinations or in the bachelor’s degree course in the relevant subject (Applicable for lateral entry candidates).
- The selection process is the same for both MA and M. Sc. integrated courses.
Distance Education Learning Program
A distance education learning program is offered for both UG and PG courses.
- Candidates applying for the B.A. or B.Com. are selected by judging their performance in the 10+2 level.
- For the BCA, the candidate’s performance in the polytechnic diploma course is taken under consideration while preparing the merit list.
- Admission is given to those candidates who have verified the documents first within the given timeline of the university.
- The only difference in the selection criteria between the UG and PG courses is that in the PG courses the copy of the bachelor’s degree certificate needs to be submitted at the time of verification.
CDLU Admission Process
How to Apply for CDLU Distance Education 2021
- The application form is available in both online and offline mode. A candidate can collect the form by visiting the university campus a=or he or she can download it from the official website of the college.
- Documents like self-attested copy of photo ID, 10th and 12th mark sheet and certificate, 1 passport size photographs needs to be attached along with the application form. The bachelor’s degree certificate also needs to be submitted for the master’s degree distance education learning program.
- If the candidate belongs to a backward caste, schedule caste, or scheduled tribe then the caste certificate copy needs to be also attached along with the application form.
- General candidates need to pay 200 INR as an application fee but the application fee for SC/ST/OBC candidates and candidates from Haryana is 50 INR.
- To sit in the MDU – CET qualifying examination an aspirant needs to visit the official website of the examination governing body.
- After registering himself or herself by generating a user ID and password the candidate needs to pay the application fee through net banking. For general candidates the fee is 600 INR per subject and for the SC/ST/OBC candidates and candidates from Haryana the application fee per subject is only 150 INR.
- After paying the application fee fill in all the necessary details about yourself.
- Finally, print the application form after submitting it.
Other than the distance learning program in all other courses the candidates need to apply in the online mode. For MBA and M. Tech. a candidate can only apply for the course if he or she has cleared GMAT or GATE qualification examination respectively for these two courses. For every other course except for distance learning, the application procedure is
- The candidate needs to go to the official website of the college.
- Then the candidate needs to register himself or herself by providing all the necessary details.
- Application fee needs to be paid via credit or debit card.
- If a candidate is able to match all selection and eligibility criteria, he or she will be shortlisted and will be announced in the merit list.
CDLU Admission FAQs
Last updated on June 23rd, 2021
Ans. Yes, hostel facilities are available seperately for both male and female candidates. All the facilities are also available inside the hostels along with separate canteens for boys and girls.
Last updated on June 23rd, 2021
Ans. During the application process a candidate needs to pay only 200 INR no matter for which course he or she is applying for. The application fee can be paid both in online and offline mode.
Last updated on June 23rd, 2021
Ans. The university has all the modern facilities inside the campus. The facilities available in the Chaudhary Devi Lal University are Hostel, Library, Multipurpose hall, ATM, Faculty guest house etcetera.
Last updated on June 23rd, 2021
Ans. All the study materials are provided to the students selected in the distance learning program in CDLU. A candidate can access all the study materials from the official website of the university.
Last updated on June 23rd, 2021
Ans. The candidates who are willing to apply for the distance education program in the Chaudhari Devi Lal University can contact the authority with their enquiry or doubt via this email ID [email protected]