Home » News
Category Archives: News
Last updated on October 22nd, 2020 at 01:24 pm
JEE Main 2020 was concluded on 6th September 2020 (April / September session) by the National Testing Agency, and the results were declared subsequently on 11th September 2020. Now, JoSAA has released the results of Seat Allotment of Round 2 Counselling just recently. The process will continue till 09 November – 13 November 2020. The idea of sharing the JEE Main Cutoff trends with you is to help you understand the extent of competition and the minimum NTA score or percentile needed to qualify for admissions.
JEE Main Cut Off 2020
NTA released the qualifying cutoff marks for 2020. These cut offs are the minimum requirements to qualify for JEE Advanced and also for JoSAA Counselling. JoSAA releases the admission cutoffs after the conclusion of each round of counselling process. Mentioned below are the JEE Main qualifying cutoff for 2020-
|Category||JEE Main Cutoff (Percentile)|
|Common Rank List (CRL)||90.3765335|
|Other Backward Classes (OBC-NCL)||72.8887969|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||50.1760245|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||39.0696101|
CSE Closing Rank at Top 5 IITs
The closing ranks for Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs) have been released for the Round 1 of Seat Allotment by JoSAA. To get into the top 5 IITs, candidates need to score a rank above 450 in JEE Advanced (CRL). There are no separate home state cut off, which makes the competition even more tough. Given below are the B.Tech CSE cut off (Closing ranks) for top 5 IITs from Round 1 of JoSAA Counselling 2020-
Top 5 NITs Opening & Closing Ranks 2020 (Round 1)
Mentioned here are the JEE Main opening and closing ranks of round 1 of various streams at top 5 NITs this year. Check the table below and you will get an idea for next year.
|Name Of NITs||OR/CR*||CSE||ECE||ME||EE/EEE|
- CSE – Computer Science and Engineering
- ME – Mechanical Engineering
- ECE – Electronics and Communication Engineering
- EE/EEE – Electrical and Electronics Engineering
GFTI Closing Ranks – 2016 to 2020
GFTIs or the Government Funded Technical Institutes admit students based on their ranks in the JEE Main exam. The participating institutes release their opening and closing ranks during the counselling process of the exam. Mentioned here are the past 5 years closing ranks at the GFTIs.
|Name of the GFTIs||Subjects||2020 CR (Round 1)||2019 CR||2018 CR||2017 CR||2016 CR|
|School of Planning & Architecture – New Delhi||Planning||243||1622||978||2052||2292|
|School of Planning & Architecture in Bhopal||Planning||427||2250||1523||3214||4089|
|School of Planning & Architecture in Vijayawada||Planning||508||2363||1710||3265||4369|
|Institute of Infrastructure, Technology, Research and Management in Ahmedabad||Civil Engineering||37436||33156||29270||35299||34156|
|Institute of Technology, Guru Ghasidas Vishwavidyalaya in Bilaspur||Industrial and Production Engineering||49951||44528||41658||52261||53965|
|J.K. Institute of Applied Physics & Technology, Department of Electronics & Communication, University of Allahabad (Allahabad)||CSE||30908||26736||25849||35357||32905|
|National Institute of Electronics and Information Technology in Aurangabad||Electronics System Engineering||37425||32759||29857||38341||37552|
|Assam University at Silchar, Assam||Agricultural Engineering||48265||158834||40468||170061||109928|
|Sant Longowal Institute of Engineering and Technology||Food Technology||50846||45074||52429||52429||54300|
The closing ranks above denote the level of competition to get a seat in a college. Out of lakhs of candidates, only the top few thousands get the admission in their desired seats. Scoring a qualifying percentile score could mean that the candidate is eligible to take part in counselling or is deemed passed in the exam. But it does not ensure admission to a top engineering college in India. A bare minimum score of 95% or above is must get admissions in the NITs or IIITs.
Last updated on October 22nd, 2020 at 06:04 pm
The Joint Seat Allocation Authority (JoSAA) has declared the results for Round 2 of seat allotment today on 21st October 2020 for IITs, NITs, IIEST, IIITs and GFTIs. The candidates who were not allotted a seat in the 1st round of JoSAA Counselling 2020 might have been allotted a seat depending on their preferences in the 2nd round. Also, candidates who have chosen the slide or float option might have also been upgraded to a better ranking seat or course.
Update: Opening and Closing Ranks of Round 2 Seat Allotment have also been released. Candidates can check the JoSAA Cut Off Ranks (OR-CR) of Round 2 for all participating colleges here.
JoSAA also issued a brief set of guidelines for online verification of documents and change of willingness for an allocated seat. Due to COVID-19 pandemic, candidates do not have to visit reporting centres for document verification. Instead, verifying officers will audit the documents in a completely online process.
Previously, Round 1 Opening and Closing Ranks were also released for all 110 JoSAA Participating Institutes. Based on the ranks in JEE Advanced 2020, candidates can take admission in IITs, while on the basis of JEE Main 2020 Ranks, they will get admissions in NITs+ system colleges.
Important Dates For JoSAA Seat Allotment Round 2
Given below are dates along with cut off timing for important activities that must be noted by the candidates-
|Online Reporting – Fee Payment, Documents Upload, Responding to Queries||22nd to 23rd October 2020||5 PM, 23rd Oct|
|Last Day To Respond Queries||24th October 2020||5 PM|
How To Check JoSAA Seat Allotment Result – Round 2?
Given below are the steps to check seat allotment result for Round 2 of JoSAA Counselling-
- Visit the official login portal of JoSAA 2020 – josaa.nic.in
- Select “View Seat Allotment Result – Round 2”
- Enter JEE Main or JEE Advanced Application Number, Password and captcha.
- Click on submit and login at the portal.
- Provisional Seat Allotment Letter will be displayed.
- Download the letter as PDF for future use.
Next step after this is to pay the seat acceptance fees and upload the necessary documents, so keep them ready and scanned in electronic format (pdf). Seat Acceptance Fees in INR 35,000 for GEN, GEN-EWS and OBC-NCL while INR 15,000 for SC/ST/PwD candidates.
At the end of each round, willingness for the seat allotted is recorded out of three options – Freeze, Float and Slide. The updated guidelines can be checked here.
Last updated on October 20th, 2020 at 06:10 pm
There is good news for all the JEE Advanced aspirants. Several IITs have announced new and modern B.Tech courses in addition to the existing ones. Though the B.Tech Computer Science course remains the most popular course, these new courses introduced by the Indian Institutes of Technology in AI, Data Science, Machine Learning, Mathematical Computing and others are anticipated to get wider popularity among the new undergraduate students.
Let us discuss these modern B.Tech courses being offered by the best IITs.
New Courses at IIT Delhi
The majority of the courses are introduced by IIT Delhi this year. IIT Delhi has established the ‘School of Artificial Intelligence (ScAI)’ through which it will offer admission to the deserving students in PhD programmes for courses beginning in January 2021. Moreover, IIT Delhi also plans to offer admission at postgraduate level at a later stage.
B.Tech in Materials Engineering
The Department of Materials Science and Engineering at IIT Delhi has recently started a UG course named – B.Tech in Materials Engineering.
- The application process for this course will begin from this academic session and students who cleared JEE Advanced will be considered eligible to apply for this recently launched modern B.Tech course.
- 40 students will get admission into this course (8 reserved for females).
- Students will be given the flexibility to choose electives in materials engineering.
- All those individuals, who want to explore wider opportunities in basic sciences and engineering, or a combination of the two, can opt for this course.
B.Tech in Engineering and Computational Mechanics
IIT Delhi has also launched an undergraduate course in Engineering and Computational Mechanics. This modern B.Tech course will also have an intake of 40 students only.
- Students will be enrolled for this course from 2020 onwards.
- The Department of Applied Mechanics will manage this course from the academic session of 2020-21.
- Students opting for this B.Tech specialization will be able to analyze difficult interdisciplinary phenomena relevant to problems in the industry.
- They will also be part of cutting-edge research by experimenting and analyzing things. JEE Advanced scores will be considered while finalizing candidates.
IIT Delhi 2020 Cut Off Ranks (Round 1)
To give you an idea about the difficulty of getting a seat in the above two courses, here are the IIT Delhi Round 1 Cut Off Ranks (OPEN, Gender-Neutral) from JoSAA Counselling 2020-
|B.Tech Specialization||Opening Ranks||Closing Ranks|
|Engineering and Computational Mechanics||427||1297|
|Computer Science and Engineering||31||104|
As visible above, CSE still remains the most competitive branch at IIT Delhi. However, Engineering and Computational Mechanics shows a much higher closing rank compared to other most sought after branches at IIT Delhi such as Civil Engineering, Chemical Engineering.
New Age B.Tech Courses at Other IITs
Given below are some new-age courses which will be offered by other IITs for the academic year 2020-21.
IIT Guwahati has introduced a new course at the B.Tech level under the Department of Biosciences and Bioengineering. The institute will teach Molecular Virology of the Coronaviruses as an elective course for the B.Tech in Biotechnology, M.Tech and PhD students.
Online Courses: To promote online education amid the COVID-19 pandemic, IIT Guwahati is also taking admission for an online course on Fundamentals of Artificial Intelligence. The entire duration of the course is 12 weeks beginning from September 14 to December 4, 2020. Through this course, the learners will be able to develop reasoning and several learning methods of Artificial Intelligence (AI). The online exam will be conducted on December 19, 2020.
Given below are IIT Guwahati Cut Off Ranks from JoSAA Counselling 2020 Round 1-
|B.Tech Specialization||Opening Ranks||Closing Ranks|
|Biosciences and Bioengineering||5986||7943|
|Chemical Science and Technology||2949||6779|
|Mathematics and Computing||587||960|
IIT Madras also offers free courses for electrical engineers. The new 12-week course will begin from September 14, 2020, and will give you a chance to specialize in signal processing, stochastic control, communications, networks, machine learning, and related areas. Students pursuing M.Tech, MS or PhD can apply for this online course. Post completing the course successfully, an e-certificate will be provided.
- Digital Courses: The Indian Institute of Technology Madras is another IIT which introduced a new online course on the business accounting process. The Digital Skills Academy of IIT Madras entered into a partnership with Bengaluru-based ArthaVidhya to offer this course to the learners. The course aimed at improving the skills of students and professionals who want to foray into the finance and accounting sectors
- Biomimicry: Another new and modern B.Tech course (elective) introduced at IIT Madras is Biomimicry. Through this course, the learners will get a chance to imitate nature as a source of inspiration while solving complex biological problems. The candidates who have cleared the JEE Advanced Cut Off can take part in JoSAA counselling and choose Biomimicry to get a seat here.
Given below are IIT Madras Cut Off Ranks from JoSAA Counselling 2020 Round 1-
|B.Tech Specialization||Opening Ranks||Closing Ranks|
|Metallurgical and Materials Engineering||3590||5289|
|Computer Science and Engineering||49||157|
IIT Jodhpur has also introduced a new UG course in Artificial Intelligence and Data Science beginning 2020-21. The new B.Tech courses will have courses in computer science, mathematics, artificial intelligence, machine learning, data science, and their applications in various domains.
Given below are IIT Jodhpur Cut Off Ranks from JoSAA Counselling 2020 Round 1-
|B.Tech Specialization||Opening Ranks||Closing Ranks|
|Artificial Intelligence and Data Science||2201||3209|
|Computer Science and Engineering||608||819|
IIT Kharagpur also offers an online certificate course to Computer Engineering students.
- It will be a 12-week long course starting September 14. The online course will end on December 4.
- This course emphasizes several processes of software development and will be the ones planning to foray into the Information Technology sector. The online exam will be conducted on December 20.
- IIT Roorkee has launched an online course in Data Science, which aimed at making learners aware of the foundations of Python scripting and principles.
- The main focus areas of this course include Introduction to packages in Python, Linear Regression and Logistic Regression, Natural Language Processing Image processing with MLP (Multi-layer perceptron).
- The program will start on October 28 and will end on November 10. A total of 60 seats will be offered to the deserving candidates.
- IIT Hyderabad launched a new B.Tech program in Biomedical Engineering.
- This program will train students for next-gen healthcare technologies & prepare them to work at the frontiers of healthcare innovations.
- Through the course, the institute aims to offer the best education to the top-most biomedical engineers.
- Enrolling in this course will help students in boosting the skills required to work in the healthcare sector.
Certification Course: IIT Hyderabad also introduced an online certificate course on Leadership Skills. The course lays focus on company heads so that they can develop their leadership skills. The online courses will be held in the last week of November and the starting week of December.
IIT Hyderabad already offers B.Tech in Artificial Intelligence and B.Tech in Mathematics and Computing.
Given below are IIT Hyderabad Cut Off Ranks from JoSAA Counselling 2020 Round 1-
|B.Tech Specialization||Opening Ranks||Closing Ranks|
|Mathematics and Computing||601||876|
|Computer Science and Engineering||179||564|
Online Lecture Courses From IITs For All Students
All the 23 IITs have an online platform through which different UG, PG, and certificate courses are offered to the aspiring students. National Programming on Technology Enhanced Learning (NPTEL) is the new online platform. For all the online certificate courses, the registration process will start from October 3, and interested candidates can apply at www.nptel.ac.in.
Getting admission in the IITs is the dream of almost all the engineering aspirants who want to start their career by getting the best education from IIT. However, only a handful of them get an option to study here. So all those who aim to study at IIT have a good option as the country’s premier engineering institutes have introduced several online short-term certificate courses for future engineers. If you are also interested in doing an online course from the IITs, then you must visit the official website to get more details related to the same.
Last updated on October 19th, 2020 at 05:48 pm
The cut off ranks for admissions to various IITs, NITs, IIITs, IIEST, and other GFTIs – which are officially called opening ranks (OR) and closing ranks (CR) – have been released on the official website of JoSAA 2020. Candidates who are participating can already check their seat allotment status and download seat allotment letter via logging-in at the JoSAA Counselling Portal.
The Opening-Closing ranks (OR-CR) are the JEE Main Ranks of first and last candidates that were allotted a seat or course at a particular college. These ranks are released after each round of counselling. There are supposed to be 7 rounds this year as well. However, IITs will complete counselling in 6 rounds only.
How To Check Opening and Closing Ranks?
In order to check the opening and closing ranks of Round 1 Seat Allotment, follow the step below-
- Visit the official website of JoSAA 2020 – josaa.nic.in
- Find the “Opening and Closing Ranks” drop down on the left column.
- Click on “OR-CR in 2020”. This will take you to a new page.
- Now under four drop down menus, choose Round Number, Institute Type, Name of Institute and Academic Program. You can also choose ‘ALL’ to get OR-CR of all 110 colleges in a single page.
The opening and closing ranks are provided in following bifurcations –
- Home State and Other State Quota (HS / OS)
- Home State or All India Quota (HS / AI)
- Gender Neutral and Female-only (Supernumerary) Category
Other than this, the ranks are provided for all the various categories such as – Open, OBC-NCL, SC, ST, PwD and EWS. The top B.Tech specializations such as Computer Science Engineering, AI and Data Science and other similar courses are currently holding the top positions with heavy competitions. Usually, the ranks for top engineering colleges do not change much in subsequent rounds.
Last updated on October 19th, 2020 at 12:52 pm
In addition to the JoSAA Business Rules 2020, there are certain changes that have been introduced in the JEE Main Counselling 2020 Process, specially due to the COVID-19 Pandemic. The major change includes online verification of documents by verifying officers.
JoSAA has specified the following in their recent notice-
- Candidates are not required to visit the Verification / Reporting centers physically. The process is now completely online.
- Once a seat is allocated to a candidate, he/she must login and provide the options or willingness.
Summary of Instructions for JoSAA Counselling 2020
The candidates must follow the latest business rules. A summary of the important instructions was also provided in the notice, which are given below-
- The candidates should login to JoSAA 2020 portal for confirmation of any seat allotted to him/her.
- One of the following willingness options must be provided – FREEZE / FLOAT / SLIDE.
- The following documents have to be uploaded and submitted online-
- Class 10th Certificate / Birth Certificate
- Class 12th Mark Sheet / Eligibility Proof
- Category Certificate (if applicable)
- PwD Certificate (if applicable)
- Medical Certificate
- OCI/PIO card (if applicable)
- Passport / Citizenship Certificate (if applicable)
- Crossed Bank Cheque / Photocopy of Passbook / Screenshot of Online account
- DS certificate (if applicable)
- Pay the seat acceptance fees which is – INR 35,000 for Gen, Gen-EWS and OBC-NCL. While INR 15,000 for SC, ST, PwD candidates.
- Documents uploaded at the portal, shall be verified ONLINE by verifying officers of respective institute.
- In case of a dispute in uploaded documents, verifying officers can raise queries. These queries are visible to candidates after logging in to their portal.
- Queries must be responded within the specified time as per the schedule. There might be further queries that might be raised. Login to your account frequently and regularly check for any queries that must be responded.
- Responding to a query (ies) raised by a verifying officer is mandatory within the JoSAA schedule after each round. Inability to respond to a query can result in cancellation of the allocated seat.
- Fake / Forged Documents: During admission, candidates are required to submit the documents. If they are found forged or fake, the admission to that institute will be cancelled immediately.
- Subsequent to the Online Verification of Documents, a seat may be confirmed or cancelled. Further, Provisional Seat Allotment Letter or Provisional Seat Cancellation Letter will be issued to the candidate.
- The letter can be downloaded from the account.
- Candidates can use the Withdraw / Exit option too, only according to the JoSAA 2020 Business Rules.
Other Important Points To Note
- Seat Upgradation – After choosing the floating / sliding option to accept a seat, a candidate might be allotted a different seat in further round of counselling. In such a case, the previously offered seat will be forfeited.
- Further Round – A candidate who chose the Float / Slide option must check their account for any upgraded seat after next round and update the willingness for that particular seat.
- Upgrade to IIT System – In case a candidate is allotted a seat in NIT+ system in any round, but in further round, the seat is upgraded to IIT System (or vice versa), he/she will not be able to claim any previously allotted seat as the same will be forfeited.
In the above case, the documents must be updated as well, according to the requirements of IIT System / NIT+ System (whichever upgraded to). Verifying officers will raise the queries, which must be responded. Failing to respond will result in cancellation of the allotted seat and the candidate will be removed from JoSAA Counselling.
Change of Willingness: Using The 3 Options
After each round, candidates can provide willingness for an allotted seat from these three options – Freeze, Float or Slide. Changing willingness is allowed but with the following rules-
|Option Used in Previous Round||Option Allowed In Next Round|
|Float||Slide, Freeze or Float|
|Slide||Freeze or Slide|
|Freeze||No change allowed|
- Freeze option is used when a candidate is satisfied with the allotted seat and does not want any further upgradation.
- Float option is used when a candidate wants to keep the allotted seat, but also wants to upgrade their seat to a better option.
- Slide option is used when the candidate wants an upgraded seat (course) but only in the same institute.
After each round, these willingness or options on seats allotted are recorded and used for next counselling rounds. Based on the choices, candidates can get an upgraded seat in another or same college.
The 1st Round Seat Allotment Result was out on 17th October 2020. Last day to respond to queries of the 1st round is 20th October i.e. tomorrow.
Last updated on October 17th, 2020 at 12:26 pm
The round 1 seat allotment results for JoSAA Counselling 2020 have been released on the official portal. To download the seat allotment letter, candidates need to use their JEE Main 2020 Application Number, Password and login on the portal.
Previously, Joint Seat Allocation Authority (JoSAA) released the results for 2 ‘Mock’ Seat Allotments. These mock allotments were conducted for candidates to get an idea of the expected course and college they can get from their All India Ranks of JEE Main 2020 Result.
Steps To Check JoSAA Seat Allotment Result
The seat allotment result for round 1 of JoSAA Counselling can be checked easily using these steps-
- Head to the official website or open the login portal by clicking on the link provided above.
- Enter your JEE Main Application Number, Password and a security pin.
- Click on Login and your status for seat allotment will be displayed.
- You can find the link for seat allotment letter and download the same. Save it as a PDF for future reference.
Next Steps For JoSAA Counselling
Candidates can update their choices in the following manner after seat allotment-
- Freeze – To accept a seat
- Float – To opt for better seat in next rounds
- Slide – To opt for a better course in the same college.
The seat acceptance fees also needs to be paid in case a candidate wants to confirm the allocated seat. Thereafter, the document verification is required to be done. This process will be conducted online only, due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Also Check | JoSAA Counselling Documents, Fees
Last updated on October 16th, 2020 at 06:38 pm
Few of the top colleges and universities under Delhi State Government are offering B.Tech / B.E. courses on the basis of JEE Main 2020 Scores of the candidates. Soon, the authority will announce the Round 1 Seat Allotment Result on the candidate login portal of JAC Delhi 2020 i.e. https://jacdelhi.nic.in.
Candidates need to use their JEE Main 2020 Application Number and Password to login on the portal to check the results of various rounds of allotment.
Usually, a spot round is conducted in case there are seats left vacant after Round 1 to Round 3 counselling. Registrations and choice filling was open from September 21st to October 9th 2020. Candidates who wish to join the allocated course and institute, have to pay a fee of INR 1,03,000 through JAC portal only.
- JoSAA 2020 Counselling for IITs, NITs, IIITs and More
- NIT Delhi: B.Tech Admissions, JEE Main Cut Off, Fees
JAC Delhi Counselling 2020: Seat Allocation Process
The counselling by JAC Delhi is usually conducted in 3 rounds, with one special round in case seats are left vacant.
- The candidates who have qualified JEE Main Cut Off 2020, are eligible and admission in various participating institutions is offered on the basis of JEE Main All India Ranks (AIR).
- Download the seat allotment letter once the counselling round results have been announced. Pay the seat acceptance fees of INR 1,03,000.
- After payment, candidates have to appear at the reporting institute, for verification of documents. However, due to COVID-19 this process will be conducted online only.
Those who wish to participate in SPOT rounds have to pay a participation fee of INR 10,000. Also Check MNIT Jaipur B.Tech Courses, Cut Off, Placements
JAC Delhi 2020: Choice Freezing and Upgradation
Based on preferences, candidates will be able to freeze their allocated option, or their course or college choice can be upgraded if the seats are left vacant.
- Using the online portal, candidates can freeze their seats once the result for allotment has been announced.
- In case a better seat is left vacant, the choice is upgraded, provided it has been marked under preferences by the candidate.
Eligibility for Round 2 Counselling
According to the Business Rules of JAC Delhi 2020, the following types of candidates can take part in Round 2 Counselling-
- Candidates who took part in Round 1, but were not shortlisted under any course/seat.
- Those candidates who were allocated a seat in Round 1, have paid the fees for acceptance, documents verified, but have opted for seat upgradation.
- New Registrations are eligible.
Participating Colleges of JAC Delhi 2020
There are 4 institutes that take part in Joint Admission Counselling, Delhi 2020-
|Indraprastha Institute of Information Technology Delhi (IIIT-D)||Computer Engineering, Civil Engineering, Mathematics and Computing etc|
|Indira Gandhi Delhi Technical University for Women (IGDTUW)||Computer Science & Engineering, Electronics & Communication Engineering etc|
|Netaji Subhas University of Technology (NSUT)||Computer Science & Applied Mathematics, Computer Science and Design etc|
|Delhi Technological University (DTU)||Computer Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Bio-Technology etc|
The placements and fees of these colleges is very suitable as these are government colleges. Many PSUs hire from these colleges. DTU is one of the top ranking universities in NIRF 2020 Overall rankings. For NIRF Engineering, it has been ranked at 36th position.
Last updated on October 15th, 2020 at 05:57 pm
Depending on the All India Ranks (AIRs), many students will bag seats in top-tier IITs and many will grab seats in top NITs through JoSAA Counselling 2020. The Round 1 Seat Allotment Result of JoSAA Counselling will be announced on 17th October 2020. The counselling authority i.e. JoSAA will then also release the opening and closing ranks of Round 1 on the same day.
The last date to register for counselling in NITs, IIITs, GFTIs, IIEST (via JEE Main) or IITs (via JEE Advanced) is today i.e. 15th October 2020. Candidates who registered at the JoSAA portal will not be allowed to revise their preferences after 5 PM today.
To register or login at the JoSAA portal, candidates only need their JEE Main or Advanced Application Number and Password. JoSAA previously released the 1st Mock Seat Allotment and 2nd Mock Seat Allotment result for candidates to get an idea of expected final allotment.
Also Check –
How To Check JoSAA Counselling Seat Allotment Result?
To check the JoSAA 2020 Seat Allotment Result for Round 1, follow these steps-
- Visit the official website of JoSAA i.e. josaa.nic.in
- Click on the link for JoSAA Online Registration and Choice Filling 2020.
- Enter your JEE Main/Advanced 2020 Application Number and Password.
- Login and check your Final Seat Allotment Result for Round 1.
What are the Next Steps After Seat Allotment?
Once you are allocated a seat in one of the preferences provided during choice filling, you will get the following three options-
- Freeze – Use this option to confirm a seat and pay the seat acceptance fees.
- Float – This option allows a candidate to pay the seat acceptance fees but also opt for a better college or course in further rounds.
- Slide – Candidates can utilize this option if they only want a better course in the same institution allocated to them. Seat Acceptance fees can be paid here as well.
A Few Things To Note-
- This time, document verification and all the other processes related to admission will be conducted online only. Candidates who are using the freeze option must keep their documents ready (given below).
- Using the Freeze option will mean you will not be able to take part in further rounds of counselling i.e. Round 2 or further.
- Float and Slide options are provided to those who have not been allocated their first preference.
Documents Required for JoSAA Counselling 2020
Students would need to provide following documents for JoSAA 2020 Counselling-
|S.No.||NITs, IIITs and GFTIs||IITs|
|1.||JEE Main 2020 Admit Card||JEE Advanced 2020 Admit Card (Original)|
|2.||JEE Main 2020 Scorecard||Proof of Date of Birth (Class X Marksheet)|
|3.||Proof of Date of Birth (Class X Marksheet)||Class XII or any equivalent marksheet|
|4.||Class XII or any equivalent marksheet||Medical Certificate|
|5.||Medical Certificate||Category Certificate for OBC-NCL/SC/ST|
|6.||Category Certificate||Certificate for Persons with Disabilities (PwD), if applicable.|
|7.||3 passport-sized photographs, identical to the ones uploaded during JEE Main.||2 passport-sized photographs, identical to the ones uploaded during JEE Main/ Advanced|
|8.||Class XII performance check||Class XII performance check|
|9.||Provisional Seat Allotment Letter||Provisional Seat Allotment Letter|
|10.||Personal Undertaking by the Candidate||Personal Undertaking by the Candidate|
|11.||Proof of seat acceptance fee payment||Proof of seat acceptance fee payment|
|12.||Photo Identification Card (issued by Govt. agency/ last attended school/ Class 12 Admit Card)||Photo Identification Card (issued by Govt. agency/ last attended school/ Class 12 Admit Card)|
|13.||Certificate for Persons with Disabilities (PWD), if applicable.||Passport for foreign nationals, OCI Certificate or PIO Card|
|14.||OCI Certificate or PIO Card||DS Certificate, if applicable|
|15.||JoSAA 2020 Candidate Registration and Choice Filling||JoSAA 2020 Registration-cum-locked Choices for seat allotment.|
Seat Acceptance Fees at JoSAA Portal
This year, the seat acceptance fees has been kept as provided below-
- Open/OBC Category – INR 35,000
- SC/ST/PwD Category – INR 15,000
The fees can be paid via SBI Net Banking, SBI Debit Cards or e-challan issued by SBI only. Do note that this fee will be adjusted during payment of the 1st Semester fee of the college that the student is admitted in.
Last updated on October 14th, 2020 at 06:43 pm
Based on revisions done by candidates till 13th October, JoSAA has released the second mock seat allotment results today i.e. 14th October 2020. This will be the last mock allotment of seats and candidates will be given one more opportunity to revise their choice of college and course till 15th October 5 PM.
After this, Round 1 Counselling results will be announced on 17th October. Candidates will be able to confirm their allotted seats by paying the seat acceptance fees.
- NIT Surathkal: Admissions, Cut Off, Fees, Placements
- JEE Advanced Question Papers 2020 – Official (Released)
How To Check JoSAA Mock Seat Allotment?
Candidates who have registered on JoSAA portal can login again to check mock seat allotment.
- Visit the official portal of JoSAA 2020 for registration and choice filling. Check here
- Login using your Application Number and Password.
- The mock allotment status will be displayed at the portal.
- Save the mock allotment result as a PDF if required for future use.
Depending on the preferences provided by the candidates, JoSAA allocates seats proportionate to the admission cut off for colleges.
The last date to register at JoSAA portal will be tomorrow. Conclusion of registration and choice filling will then be followed by counselling process from Round 1 to Round 7.
Those who qualified JEE Main 2020 are eligible for admissions in NITs+ system and those who qualified JEE Advanced 2020 can take part in IITs admissions as well. The counselling for IITs will only be of six rounds this year due to long delay caused by COVID-19 pandemic and country-wide lockdown.
It is important to note that all the processes such as document uploading and verification, reporting to college and other formalities are being conducted online only this time to safeguard candidates from COVID-19. Previously, candidates were also required to report at respective colleges or reporting centres.
Last updated on October 14th, 2020 at 12:15 pm
It is finally official. Candidates who had registered for JEE Advanced 2020 but were not able to take the exam amid the COVID-19 pandemic, will be offered another opportunity. These candidates can take the exam again in 2021, IITs have agreed. A joint statement by JAB (Joint Admission Board) was issued on 13th October.
“Addressing the concerns of affected candidates, who were unable to attend the JEE Advanced 2020, even though they successfully registered, JAB has decided to let them appear in JEE Advanced 2021, only as a one-time measure,” IIT Delhi said in an urgent meeting held via video conferencing. IIT Delhi has been the organising institute for JEE Advanced this year, while JAB is the apex body for IIT entrance.
- Top IITs in India: NIRF Rank, Cut Off, Fees, Placements
- IIT Jodhpur’s B.Tech in AI and Data Science, Admissions in 2020-21
JEE Main Qualification Not Necessary
IIT Delhi also said, “Ensuring equal opportunities to all the candidates, it has also been decided that these candidates will not have to qualify JEE Main again and will be allowed to directly appear in JEE Advanced 2021 on the basis of their previous qualification.”
As per the current JEE Advanced Eligibility Criteria, candidates can take the exam only twice in two successive years. Meanwhile, JEE Main allows three attempts with two sessions each year. Students who qualify JEE Main in their third attempt will be considered ineligible for JEE Advanced, assuming their two attempts are already exhausted.
Age Limit To Be Increased Accordingly
This one-time measure will surely help candidates to get admission in the top engineering colleges of India. IIT Delhi Director has also assured that the 2021 attempt will be allowed with appropriate changes in age limit as well. Currently, the age limit has been dropped from JEE Main Eligibility, but still remains for JEE Advanced.
Candidates who used both their chances and also crossed the age limit, will get relaxation in both these options, for appearing in JEE Advanced 2021.
This year, 2.5 lakh candidates were qualified for JEE Advanced but only 1.6 lakh registered for the exam. Out of these, 96% appeared for the exam. It is still unclear that those who did not register for JEE Advanced, even after qualifying JEE Main, will be allowed an additional attempt next year or not.
Qualifying candidates of JEE Advanced can take part in JoSAA Counselling for IITs and Choice Filling till 15th October. Admission to various IITs will be provided based on the AIR (All India Rank) of the candidate.