Home » Exam Center
Category Archives: Exam Center
Keeping in mind the safety for the candidates in this pandemic of COVID – 19, Union HRD (Human Resource Development) Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal announced that the JEE Main exam will now be held between 1st – 6th September 2020. Candidates are advised to abide by all the JEE Main exam day instructions and guidelines provided by NTA.
JEE Main is an engineering entrance exam conducted by the National Testing Agency. It is an online exam (Computer Based test) consisting of 3 different papers – Paper 1 is for admission to B. E/B. Tech course, Paper 2 is for B. Arch course while Paper 3 is for B. Planning. Students can opt for any one or all of them. JEE Main is a gateway for admission to India’s eminent engineering colleges like IITs, GFTIs, NIT, Motilal Nehru National Institute of Technology, Birla Institute of Technology, etc. according to all India rank.
JEE Main is also the qualifying exam to appear for JEE Advanced which is conducted for admission to IITs in India. JEE Main is conducted twice a year, once in January and again in April but due to the pandemic of COVID-19, it got delayed. For January session 9, 21,261 students appeared for the exam so the competition level is very high. Candidates appearing for the exam should follow the JEE Main exam day instructions to avoid any kind of hassle on that exam day.
This article will let you know about all the detailed JEE Main exam day instructions, guidelines, and rules, DO and DON’Ts, what to carry and not carry and much more.
Check JEE Main 2020 Result
JEE Main Exam Day – Important Dates
|JEE Main 2020 Registration||19th May 2020|
|JEE Main 2020 Registration Closes||24th May 2020|
|JEE Main 2020 Application Form Correction||July 4th, 2020|
|JEE Main 2020 Application Form Correction(closes)||July 20th, 2020|
|Issue of JEE Main 2020 Admit Card||3rd week of August 2020 (tentative)|
|JEE Main 2020 Exam Dates||1st – 6th September 2020|
Check | JEE Main Exam Dates
JEE Main Exam Day Instructions – New Examination Schedule
As per NTA’s notice posted on May 22, there will be a half an hour timing variation in the coming session in comparison to the January session. For the April session the morning shift will be held from 9:00 am to 12:00 pm and next to the afternoon session will be held from 3:00 pm to 6:00 pm.
|Events||First Shift||Second Shift|
|B.E/B.Tech Examination Timing||9:00 am to 12:00 pm||3:00 pm to 6:00pm|
|B.Arch Examination Timing||9:00 am to 12:00 pm||3:00 pm to 6:00pm|
|B.Plan Examination Timing||–||3:00 pm to 6:00 pm|
|Entry of the students in the Examination Hall and Documents verification||7:00 am to 8:30 am||1:00 pm to 2:30 pm|
|Candidates Login to Their System to Read Instructions||8:50 am||2:50pm|
JEE Main Exam Day Instructions
- NTA has also advised students to visit the examination centre one day prior to the exam day to avoid any unnecessary delay on the exam date.
- Candidates are advised to reach the JEE Main Exam Centers 1 hour before the commencement of the exam.
- Students can report to the examination hall 30 minutes before the examination starts.
- You should find out the seat allocated to you and occupy that. If you are found to have changed your seat your candidature may be cancelled.
- You should take your seat immediately after entering the examination hall.
- If you do not reach your allocated room in time you may miss out some general instructions announced by the invigilator in the examination room.
- Only for JEE Main paper-2 candidates need to carry their own geometry box and other stationeries.
- Candidates would not be allowed to enter the examination hall after the commencement of the examination.
- Candidates are advised to check their system allotted to them if it’s working properly (If there has been an issue immediately contact the invigilator).
- A pen and sheet for rough work will be provided to the candidates in the examination hall.
- Candidates need to write down their name and roll number at the top of the rough sheet and submit the rough sheet along with the admit card to the invigilator before leaving the examination hall.
- Candidates are not allowed to leave the examination hall until the full duration of the exam.
JEE Main Exam Day Instructions – Documents to carry
Here are the most important instructions related to admit card, ID card and stationeries. All of the documents mentioned-below are strictly needed to enter the examination hall and without these documents, no candidates will be allowed to enter the examination hall.
- Candidates should carry their JEE Main admit card. Candidates can download their admit card 15 days prior to the date of examination.
- Carry a valid photo ID proof in original (PAN card, Driving License, Voter ID, Passport, Aadhar card with photograph, E- Aadhar. your full date of birth must be mentioned there) to the examination hall.
- Carry one passport size photograph same as uploaded on the JEE Main Application Form.
- Candidates must carry the requested documents in support of class 12th or qualifying examination.
- A PwD certificate if applicable.
Latest News Updates
- TNEA 2020 Online Counselling Registration Begins from July 15
- SRMJEEE 2020 Cancelled Amid COVID-19
- Live Update: JEE Main and JEE Advanced 2020 Postponed, New Dates Set For September
- Turn Lockdown Period Into An Opportunity”, says Anand Kumar of Super 30 to JEE Aspirants
- JEE Main 2020: Dates announced by the MHRD, Examination to be conducted from July 18 to 23, 2020
Things Not to Carry at the Exam Centre
Candidates are not allowed to carry the following:
- Any textual material/printed or written materials
- Calculator or digital watch with facilities of calculator
- Mobile phone or any other electronic gadgets
If you are found to carry any of the above-mentioned items, it will be treated as resorting to unfair means and your current examination will be cancelled and you will be debarred for future examinations.
JEE Main Exam Day Instructions to Follow
- Candidates are required to put their left thumb impression on the attendance sheet.
- Candidates should also sign twice on the attendance sheet. Firstly at the time of the commencement of the examination and again at the time of submitting your answer sheet to the invigilator.
- JEE Main paper 1 will now have a total of 75 questions from 3 subjects Maths, Chemistry and Physics. There are a total of 25 questions (20 MCQs and 5 numerical questions) from each subject. Check JEE Main Exam Pattern
- For MCQs 4 marks will be awarded for every correct answer and whereas 1 mark will be deducted for every wrong answer. For numerical questions, there will be no negative marking.
- Candidates appearing for Paper 2 must bring their geometry box along with pencil, erasers, colour pencils or crayons however they are not allowed to use watercolour on the drawing sheet.
JEE Main Exam Day Instructions for Scribes
- Candidates with a disability should fill in the type and percentage of disability correctly at the time of filling the application form of JEE Main application form
- Only the candidates having disabilities of 40% or above will be provided with a Scribe or reader.
- Candidates can choose their own Scribe or may submit the request for a Scribe to the centre superintendent.
- After the request of the candidate, the centre superintendent will choose a Scribe for the candidate.
- If the candidate requests to meet his Scribe before the exam, they would be allowed to meet 1day prior to the exam day to verify if the Scribe is suitable or not.
- One other provision is that 1-hour compensatory time will be allotted to the candidates with 40% or more disability.
JEE Main Exam Day Instructions for Diabetic Students
- Diabetic candidates are allowed to carry their sugar tablets. They can carry fruits like bananas, apples or oranges and transparent water bottles.
- They are not allowed to carry any packed foods like chocolates, candy or sandwich in the examination hall.
Check | JEE Main Participating Colleges
Dos and Don’t at the Exam Centre
|DOs For JEE Main Examinations 2020||DON’Ts for JEE Main Examination 2020|
|Do reach 1 hour prior to the commencement of the exam||Do not carry any other documents and electronic gadgets except the mentioned ones.|
|Carry admit card along with valid id proof and other mentioned documents||Do not engage yourself in any unfair examination practices.|
|Do wear comfortable clothes to avoid any kind of unnecessary disturbance.||Do not waste your time in one question. if it’s taking time, leave it.|
As JEE Main is computer-based exam candidates are advised to familiarize themselves with the mode of this exam. Candidates can find mock test links available on JEE Main and NTA website for this purpose. Now that you know all the detailed guidelines and instructions of JEE Main, focus on your revision now.
Keeping in mind the health and safety issues of the students NTA will increase exam centres, phased entry of the candidates will be conducted, students and staff also have to take safety precautions. As the examination got delayed candidates should utilize this time. Give JEE Main mock tests and try to work on them to improve your score. So Best of Luck for examination!