Home » Exam Center
Category Archives: Exam Center
Last updated on May 17th, 2021 by user
JEE Main Exam Day Instructions: As per the latest notification by NTA, JEE Main April and May 2021 sessions have been postponed due to the sudden surge in COVID-19 cases throughout the country. Revised dates for both sessions will soon be released by the National Testing Agency. However, candidates are advised to abide by all the JEE Main exam day instructions and guidelines provided by NTA. For the March session a total of 6,19,638 students registered for the exam so the competition level is very high. Candidates appearing for the exam should follow the JEE Main exam day instructions to avoid any kind of hassle on the exam day. This article will let you know about all the detailed JEE Main exam day instructions, guidelines, and rules, DO and DON’Ts, what to carry and not carry and much more.
- JEE Main 2021 March Session Result: Cut Off, Counselling and More
- Useful Android Apps to Prepare for JEE Main 2021 Exam
- Old Question Papers of JEE Main 2020 to 2015
JEE Main Exam Day Instructions – Change in Exam Timings
JEE Main 2021 morning shift will be held from 9:00 am to 12:00 pm and next to the morning session, the afternoon session will be held from 3:00 pm to 6:00 pm (IST).
|Events||First Shift||Second Shift|
|B.E/B.Tech Examination Timing||9:00 am to 12:00 noon||3:00 pm to 6:00pm|
|B.Arch Examination Timing||9:00 am to 12:00 noon||3:00 pm to 6:00pm|
|B.Plan Examination Timing||–||3:00 pm to 6:00 pm|
|Entry of the students in the Examination Hall and Documents verification||7:00 am to 8:30 am||1:00 pm to 2:30 pm|
|Candidates Login to Their System to Read Instructions||8:50 am||2:50pm|
JEE Main Exam Day Instructions: COVID-19 Advisory by NTA
Considering students’ health a priority, NTA has released COVID- 19 safety protocols to be strictly adhered by candidates on exam day. Social distancing, hygiene, and sanitization are major prerequisites to stay safe during this pandemic.These advisories are mainly categorized under four head as discussed below: Check Official COVID-19 Advisory for JEE Main
Preparation by NTA at JEE Main Exam Center
- SOP (Standard Operating Procedure) will be followed by all staff at exam centres.
- The exam halls will be sanitized thoroughly before each shift. The seating area, computers, mouse, keyboards, door handles, staircases will be properly sanitized.
- The seating arrangement will have a gap between 2 seats at all times.
- Hand sanitizers will be provided at entry and inside exam halls as well.
- Bar code readers will be made available at the entry point to scan the barcode on the admit card.
- lab or room number will be informed at the entry .
- Rough sheets to be used during the exam would be kept at all desks by invigilators wearing gloves.
- NTA has made all processes touch-free at the exam center to ensure social distancing norms
- Frisking will be done through a Handheld Metal Detector (HHMD) without touching the body.
Pre-Exam Preparations at JEE Main 2021 Exam Centers
- To avoid any crowding at the center at the time of entry, students are advised to reach the center as per the Reporting/ Entry time given in the JEE Main 2021 Admit Card.
- They must carry duly filled Admit cards as per the instructions.
- Both the candidate and scribe must wear masks.
- Items allowed inside the exam hall include:
- Required documents such as admit card, ID card, etc.
- Transparent Ball Point Pen
- Additional photograph for attendance sheet
- Personal hand sanitizer (50 ml)
- Personal transparent water bottle.
Guidelines at the Time of Entry at JEE Main Exam Centre
- All candidates must maintain at least 6 feet distance from each other.
- Candidates will be provided with fresh 3-ply masks at exam centres. They will be asked to remove their mask and use the one provided at exam centres in order to prevent any use of Unfair Means.
- Undertaking in the admit card and body temperatures will be checked at the entry gate.
- The invigilators will be wearing gloves in order to prevent any risk of infection.
- Students must strictly adhere to the instructions provided by the center staff as they will guide candidates to respective labs after scanning the barcode on admit card.
Guidelines to follow During and After the JEE Main Exam
- Candidates will be provided with 5 rough sheets at their seats. More sheets will be provided on demand.
- Although the exam venue would be sanitized after every shift, students can further sanitize their own seats and chairs with the sanitizers as per their wish.
- Candidates are required to paste passport size photograph and sign on the Attendance sheet after sanitizing hands with sanitizer
- On completion of a shift, the candidates will be permitted to move out in an orderly manner one candidate at a time. Please wait for instructions from the invigilator and do not get up from your seat until advised.
- Candidates must drop the Admit Card and Rough Sheets in the advised boxes after displaying to the staff available next to the dropbox.
- If any candidate misses dropping an Admit Card or Rough Sheets in boxes, action (which also includes disqualification from the exam) can be taken against him.
JEE Main Exam Day Instructions
- NTA has also advised students to visit the examination centre one day prior to the exam day to avoid any unnecessary delay on the exam date.
- Candidates are advised to reach the JEE Main Exam Centers 1 hour before the commencement of the exam.
- Students can report to the examination hall 30 minutes before the examination starts.
- You should find out the seat allocated to you and occupy that. If you are found to have changed your seat your candidature may be cancelled.
- You should take your seat immediately after entering the examination hall.
- If you do not reach your allocated room in time you may miss out some general instructions announced by the invigilator in the examination room.
- Only for JEE Main paper-2 candidates need to carry their own geometry box and other stationeries.
- Candidates would not be allowed to enter the examination hall after the commencement of the examination.
- Also, candidates are advised to check their system allotted to them if it’s working properly (If there is any issue, you must immediately contact the invigilator).
- Rough sheets will be provided to the candidates.
- Candidates need to write down their name and roll number at the top of the rough sheet and submit the rough sheet along with the admit card to the invigilator before leaving the examination hall.
- Lastly, candidates are not allowed to leave the examination hall until the full duration of the exam.
JEE Main Exam Day Instructions – Documents to Carry
Here are the most important instructions related to admit card, ID card and stationeries. All of the documents mentioned below are strictly needed to enter the examination hall and without these documents, no candidates will be allowed to enter the examination hall.
- Candidates should carry their JEE Main 2021 admit card. Candidates can download their admit card 15 days prior to the date of examination.
- Carry a valid photo ID proof in original (PAN card, Driving License, Voter ID, Passport, Aadhar card with photograph, E- Aadhar. your full date of birth must be mentioned there) to the examination hall.
- Carry one passport size photograph same as uploaded on the JEE Main Application Form.
- Candidates must carry the requested documents in support of class 12th or qualifying examination.
- A PwD certificate, if applicable.
Things You can Carry in Exam Centre
- Required documents as mentioned above.
- Transparent Ball Point Pen
- Additional photograph ( same as Admit Card ) for attendance sheet
- Personal hand sanitizer (50 ml)
- Personal transparent water bottle only.
You Might Like
Things Not to Carry at JEE Main 2021 Exam Centre
Candidates are not allowed to carry the following:
- Any textual material/printed or written materials
- Calculator or digital watch with facilities of calculator
- Mobile phone or any other electronic gadgets
If you are found to carry any of the above-mentioned items, it will be treated as resorting to unfair means and your current examination will be cancelled and you will be debarred for future examinations.
JEE Main Exam Day Instructions to Follow
- Candidates are required to put their left thumb impression on the admit card.
- Candidates should also sign twice on the attendance sheet. Firstly at the time of the commencement of the examination and again at the time of submitting your answer sheet to the invigilator.
- JEE Main paper 1 will now have a total of 75 questions from 3 subjects Maths, Chemistry and Physics. There are a total of 25 questions (20 MCQs and 5 numerical questions) from each subject. Check JEE Main Exam Pattern
- For MCQs 4 marks will be awarded for every correct answer and whereas 1 mark will be deducted for every wrong answer. For numerical questions, there will be no negative marking.
- Candidates appearing for Paper 2 must bring their geometry box along with pencil, erasers, colour pencils or crayons however they are not allowed to use watercolour on the drawing sheet.
JEE Main 2021 Exam Day Instructions for Scribes
- Candidates with a disability should fill in the type and percentage of disability correctly at the time of filling the application form of JEE Main 2021 application form
- Only the candidates having disabilities of 40% or above will be provided with a Scribe or reader.
- Candidates can choose their own Scribe or may submit the request for a Scribe to the centre superintendent.
- After the request of the candidate, the centre superintendent will choose a Scribe for the candidate.
- If the candidate requests to meet his Scribe before the exam, they would be allowed to meet 1 day prior to the exam day to verify if the Scribe is suitable or not.
- One other provision is that 1-hour compensatory time will be allotted to the candidates with 40% or more disability.
JEE Main Exam Day Instructions for Diabetic Students
- Diabetic candidates are allowed to carry their sugar tablets. They can carry fruits like bananas, apples or oranges and transparent water bottles.
- They are not allowed to carry any packed foods like chocolates, candy or sandwiches in the examination hall.
JEE Main 2021 Exam Day: Dress code
For JEE Main 2021 examination, NTA has not specified any dress code. So, students can wear whatever they are comfortable in. Some suggestions from our side related to JEE Main 2021 dress code are :
- Do not wear anything having too many pockets.
- Do not wear jewelry or accessories .
- Wear simple clothes.
- Preferably wear a simple t-shirt and jeans, or top/Kurti with leggings.
- Wear casual shoes; avoid wearing shoes with heavy soles.
Dos and Don’t at the Exam Centre
|DOs For JEE Main Examinations 2021||DON’Ts for JEE Main Examination 2021|
|Do reach 1 hour prior to the commencement of the exam||Do not carry any other documents and electronic gadgets except the mentioned ones.|
|Carry admit card along with valid id proof and other mentioned documents||Do not engage yourself in any unfair examination practices.|
|Do wear comfortable clothes to avoid any kind of unnecessary disturbance.||Do not waste your time in one question. if it’s taking time, leave it.|
As JEE Main is computer-based exam candidates are advised to familiarize themselves with the mode of this exam. Candidates can find mock test links available on JEE Main and NTA website for this purpose. Now that you know all the detailed guidelines and instructions of JEE Main, focus on your revision now. Keeping in mind the health and safety issues of the students NTA will increase exam centres, phased entry of the candidates will be conducted, students and staff also have to take safety precautions. As the examination got delayed, candidates should utilize this time. Give JEE Main mock tests and try to work on them to improve your score. So Best of Luck for the examination!
Answer: as per the latest update by NTA, JEE Main April session stands postponed. NTA will soon release the revised dates for the exam on its official website.
Answer: Electronic watches that also have calculators in them are not allowed at the exam centres. However, simple analog watches are allowed.