Last updated on July 16th, 2021 by Nikita Joshi
Burdwan Raj College is a center for imparting knowledge on Liberal Arts. The College is the oldest in the state of West Bengal. Burdwan Raj College is located in the famous Burdwan district of West Bengal and was established in the year 1881. The college is affiliated with the University of Burdwan. The 17 acres campus holds 21 different courses in the honors degree. The streams of study are Arts, Commerce, and Science.
The college offers a bachelor’s degree in Computer Applications and Business Management. Bengali is the only subject of study available at the postgraduate level. Admission to this prestigious college is merit-based and is subject to seat availability. The College has received recognition from the UGC. The accreditation body NAAC has awarded the College with a B++ ranking. The College offers morning classes in Arts and Commerce in the general field, day classes are scheduled for honors degree study in Science and Arts, and evening classes are allocated to Commerce.
The College Alumni includes famous personalities like freedom fighter & social worker Narayan Chandra Choudhury, physician Subodh Mukhopadhyay, poet Tarun Sanyal, Professor of English Sadananda Chakraborty, and freedom fighter & ex-minister of the West Bengal government Krishna Chandra Halder. The minimum aggregate percentage required for admission is 45% in the H.S. exam. Specific scores are required to take honors in a subject. The scores are mentioned in the College prospectus of the academic year. The College follows an online mode of admission. The College enables students to find employment through on-campus interviews.
Burdwan Raj College Admission Updates
- As per the Burdwan Raj College notice 2021, the online application will start once the H.S. results are announced. The notice of Burdwan Raj College Online Admission 2020 was issued on the 5th of August. Burdwan Raj College Merit List 2020 was also declared in August.
- Application forms are made available on the college website post the admission notice. The college only accepts online applications.
- Once applications are submitted with the relevant documents and fees, a provisional merit list is issued for the valid candidates. Additional dates are assigned for any correction in the list.
- The final merit list is drawn based on merit points and intake capacity of the College. It is followed by E-Counseling lists in both honors and general courses for the eligible candidates.
Burdwan Raj College Quick Facts
- The placement record of the College in BBA and BCA courses is good; companies like TCS, Bajaj Allianz, Techno Soft, Aditya Birla Group, and ABP Group have recruited students from these departments.
- The college supports sports like volleyball, basketball, football, cricket, kho-kho, and kabaddi; the college plays a leading role in inter-college sports events.
Burdwan Raj College Courses & Fees
Burdwan Raj College offers undergraduate courses. Given below is the summary of the programs with their eligibility:
Burdwan Raj College Placements
The College has a Placement and Career Counseling cell that helps students to establish contact with potential employers. Top recruiters are :
|Wipro||ICICI Prudential||Pest Control of India Ltd.|
|Mahindra Finance||Mail India Ltd||PCI|
Burdwan Raj College Scholarship
Burdwan Raj College provides students with three types of scholarships:
- Nitish Kumar Dey Scholarship- this is granted to students of the Commerce stream with academic excellence but a low economic status. To avail of this scholarship, the student must reside in the College hostel
- Sachchidananda Mukherjee Scholarship- this is for students who score the highest marks in the Chemistry Honours examination and Pass practical examinations held by the University
- Debashis Guha Memorial Award- this is granted to students of the General category who score the highest in the Political Science examination. This award is also given to students of the reserved category scoring highest in the Political Science (Hons.) examination