As per the latest JEE Main Exam Pattern, the exam will now be taken separately for three papers including B.E/B.Tech, B. Arch, and B. Plan. JEE Main 2020 which is delayed amid COVID-19 is now scheduled to be taken from 1st September, 2020 – 6th September, 2020. As per the JEE Main B. Plan Exam Pattern, the exam will be taken online (computer-based mode) for 400 marks while B. Arch paper will be partly online (for mathematics and aptitude section) while the drawing section will be taken offline.
- The total marks for the test will be 400 marks. The paper for selecting students for the B Plan courses will be conducted separately
- The paper will have 100 MCQs for 400 marks.
- A total of 59,003 aspirants had applied for JEE Main B.Plan exam (January session)
- This year onwards, the aspirants can apply either for B.Arch or B.Plan paper or both of them together.
- Candidates will be tested in three areas – Aptitude, Problem Solving and Mathematics.
- A total of 100 questions is segregated in the following manner:
- Aptitude – 50
- Mathematics – 25
- Planning – 25
Check JEE Main Cut Off
All about JEE Main B. Plan 2020
Bachelor of Planning is a 4-year full-time UG course aimed at making students specialized in various fields of designing, engineering, and managing. It helps the students in solving challenges related to urban human settlements, while at the same time the course focuses on building competence in a particular area of business.
The minimum eligibility to do this course is to clear Higher Secondary Certificate (10+2) qualification with at least 50% in Mathematics. Admission to B. Plan course is granted based on his/her performance in a JEE Main and subsequent round of counselling. JEE Main is one of the most popular entrance tests taken to offer seats to the qualifying students in the B. Plan course offered at IITs, CFITs, NITs, and other government-aided technical institutes.
By knowing B. Plan Exam Pattern, candidates will have an overview of the total number of questions, marks distribution, marking scheme, and other vital information details about the exam. In paper 1, candidates will be required to answer questions from three subjects – Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. The medium for three papers is English, Hindi, and Gujarati.
JEE Main 2020 B. Plan Exam Pattern – Highlights
The table below includes all the essential components related to the latest JEE Main Pattern:
|Mode of exam||Online|
|Number of sections and subjects||3 (Mathematics, Aptitude, and planning based questions)|
|Duration of exam||3 hours (however, it will be 4 hours for persons with benchmark disabilities)|
|Timings||2:30-5:30 pm (Timings for the aspirants opting for both B.Arch. and Planning will be 2:30 – 06:00 p.m.|
|Number of questions||Paper 2: 100 questions (Mathematics: 25 questions, Aptitude: 50 and planning based questions 25)|
|Type of questions||Mathematics and Aptitude: Objective type questions; planning based questions|
|JEE Main Total Marks||400 marks|
|Language of paper||English, Hindi and Gujarati (candidates loving in Gujarat can give the exam in Gujarati)|
B. Plan Exam Pattern – Marking Scheme of B. Plan paper
|Correct Answer||+4 marks|
|Incorrect Answer||-1 mark|
JEE Main Paper 3 – Marks per section
|Section||Number of Questions||Total marks/section|
|Mathematics||25||100 (25 x 4)|
|Aptitude||50||200 (50 x 4)|
|Planning-based Questions||25||100 (25 x 4)|
B. Plan Exam Pattern – Syllabus
NTA releases the latest syllabus for JEE Main aspirants and it is suggested that the students appearing for upcoming JEE Main 2020 go through the updated syllabus while preparing for the test. The correct JEE Main syllabus helps the candidates in preparing strategies that can motivate them to study harder. Awareness about B. Plan Exam Pattern ensures that the candidates don’t miss any important chapters while doing revisions.
Let us see JEE Main 2020 Syllabus for B.Planning
Part 1: Mathematics
Mathematics syllabus is the same for all the three JEE Main papers. Let us the topics included:
|Sets, Relations and Functions||Limit, Continuity and Differentiability|
|Mathematical Induction||Integral Calculus|
|Binomial Theorem||Differential Equations|
|Sequences and Series||Coordinate Geometry|
|Complex Numbers||Three Dimensional Geometry|
|Matrices and Determinants||Vector Algebra|
|Permutations and Combinations||Statistics and Probability|
Part 2: Aptitude
The syllabus for aptitude paper is the same as B.Arch paper. The syllabus for JEE Main aptitude section is as follows:
- Knowledge of places, buildings, persons, etc.
- Texture and objects in relation to Architecture and building environment.
- Understanding three-dimensional objects from two-dimensional drawings.
- Analyzing sides of three-dimensional objects.
- Assuming three-dimensional objects
- Transforming 2D and 3D unions
Part 3: Questions related to Planning (for B. Plan paper only)
- General Awareness in relation to development issues, government policies, etc.
- Reviewing the analytical skills of the candidates
- CBSE Class X Social Sciences
Download JEE Main Study Material
Changes in JEE Main Exam Pattern 2020
NTA has brought a lot of changes in the JEE Main Exam Pattern. Let us see those changes.
Introduction of NAT
Numerical value questions are where the candidates are not presented with an option and they need to type the answer. To fill the value in these kinds of questions, the students are allowed to use the virtual keyboard available on their respective computer screens.
- In each of the sections of B.E / B. Tech (including maths, physics and chemistry), the test takers need to write 5 NATs.
- Students giving B. Plan paper will give 5 NATs in the JEE Main Maths section.
- NATs have no negative marking
- NATs need to be answered taking the help of a virtual keyboard available on the system of the candidates.
Number of papers increases from 2 to 3
- In JEE Main, paper 2 will be conducted separately. Now B.Arch and B.Plan papers will be considered as two separate papers.
- Thus, JEE Main papers now include B.E. / B.Tech, B.Arch, and B.Plan.
Total questions reduce in B.E/B.Tech
- In the B.E/B. Tech section, previously 90 questions were asked, but now 75 questions are asked.
- Also, the overall marks in the paper have been reduced from 360 to 300.
- From 2020, the B. Plan Exam Pattern has been separately introduced in JEE Main.
- An increase in the application fee, fees can be paid online.
- The age limit to give JEE Mains is removed. Now candidates meeting the eligibility criterion can apply for the exam irrespective of their age.
- Aadhar Card is not mandatory while applying for JEE Mains test.
- NTA has set up more than 3400 Practice centers across the country to help students with their preparations.
- Diabetic students are allowed to carry a water bottle, fruits, and sugar tablets inside the exam center.
How to prepare as per the latest B. Plan Exam Pattern?
The candidates need to focus on the numerical value type questions: Numerical value answer type questions hold almost 20% weightage in BE/B.Tech, B.Arch papers while it is just 5% in B. Plan paper. Since these questions have no negative marking, all the candidates are suggested to attempt these questions.
As there are a few changes in the B. Plan Exam Pattern, it is important that you maintain your speed while attempting all the questions. Make sure that you have completely understood the questions before you start solving them.
Make sure that you are not making any silly mistakes while calculating numbers and while typing the final answer as well.
Be sure to complete the NCERT first before referring to other books of renowned authors. Most importantly, stay motivated. There is nothing to worry about the latest B. Plan Exam Pattern.
General preparation strategies for B. Plan aspirants
Before starting with the preparations, understanding the B. Plan Exam Pattern is vital so that the students can move on the right track by preparing accordingly.
- First of all, you need to know the difference in the syllabus. Part 1 and 2 of the B. Plan syllabus are the same with the B. Arch syllabus while part 3 is different. In B. Plan the candidates have to solve planning based questions while B.Arch witnesses drawing questions.
- B. Planning section will have three sections including Mathematics, General Aptitude and Planning. The extended time can be utilized to understand the topics and concepts in a more braider way.
- Knowing all the important topics will help the students in scoring higher marks in the exam. B. Plan aspirants must be pro in reading a map as they will be based on the answers to these questions.
- The candidates preparing ad per B. Plan Exam Pattern must sharpen their general awareness skills as many questions related to the same will be asked in the exam. You can stay updated about the current affairs by watching news regularly. Reading newspapers will also ace your preparation. Candidates preparing as per B. Plan Exam Pattern must pay special attention to various developmental schemes, Government activity, etc.
- Take more mock tests as it will help in knowing your strengths and weaknesses.
JEE Main Mock Tests
Each year, NTA releases the official JEE Main online mock test series so that the aspirants can refer to them while preparing for JEE Main exam. Many coaching centers also refer to these JEE Main test series so that the aspirants can ace their preparations.
In fact, this year, NTA has launched the “National Test Abhyas” application for JEE Main aspirants to practice mock papers at the comfort of their homes. The initiative was taken as a result of the COVID-19 outbreak and the subsequent lockdown in the country.
JEE Main Previous Year Question Papers
In addition to taking the mock tests, the aspirants are also encouraged to practice JEE Main previous year question papers as it will strengthen their grasp over key concepts. Also, they will get familiar with a different style of questions that can come in the exam. Another essential aspect of practicing previous year question papers is that it helps the students manage the available time more productively.
Some of the recommended books for JEE Main 2020
The selection of right books is vital while preparing for any competitive exam, including JEE Main which is just a few days away from now. Students preparing for JEE Main 2020 need to pay detailed attention to the books they are choosing for their studies. Mentioned below are some of the suggested best books by popular authors that will assist students to prepare for JEE Main 2020:
JEE Main Recommended Books for Mathematics
|Higher Algebra||Hall & Knight|
|Coordinate Geometry||S.L. Loney|
Best books to prepare for Part 2 & 3: Aptitude and Planning
|Contemporary India – Textbook in Geography|
|India and Contemporary World – History|
|Understanding Economic Development Textbook in Social Science|
|Study Guide for B.Arch 2020|
|NATA & JEE (B.Arch) Study Pack for 2020: 12 books with Previous year Question Paper|
JEE Main 2020 Exam Day Guidelines
To lower the chances of encountering any troubling circumstances on the day of the exam, the JEE Main aspirants are advised to go through the JEE Main 2020 exam day guidelines. Mentioned-below are the exam day guidelines useful for the aspirants in sorting things before the day of the exam:
- The authorities will open the entry gates of the exam hall at least 2.5 hours before the starting of the exam. Since much time will be wasted in getting checked by metal detectors and other security arrangements, so all the test takers are advised to reach the exam centres well before time.
- It is mandatory to carry JEE Main 2020 admit card and identity proof to enter inside the exam hall.
- Students belonging to the PWD category have to produce a duly signed PWD certificate in the format prescribed by the authorities at the exam center.
- All sorts of electronic devices like phones, calculators, watches with calculators, etc. are not allowed inside the exam centers.
- Diabetic students are now allowed to carry sugar tablets/fruits and water in a transparent water bottle inside the exam hall. However, packaged food items like chocolate, sandwich, etc. are not allowed.
JEE Main B.Planning – Scope and Career
After B.Planning, aspirants can study further or look for jobs in the related field. A candidate can choose from the following options given below:
- Relative M.Sc or M.Tech courses
- PG Diploma Course
A student will get an array of job opportunities in the private and public sectors. In the government sector, government departments of planning, housing schemes, etc. In the private sector, construction, interior designing firms, NGOs, etc.
In case you are also appearing for JEE Main B. Plan paper, then along with adhering to B. Plan Exam Pattern 2020 stay motivated and ace your revisions, some days of hard work can help you to pursue a course of your choice. Best of luck with your upcoming exam!