Last updated on February 20th, 2021 at 04:00 pm
NTA has officially released JEE Main Exam Pattern 2021 on it’s official website. B.Planning was introduced as a separate paper in 2020. Earlier, it was in combination with B.Arch. Apart from new updates, NTA has devised a structured JEE Main 2021 B.Planning Exam Pattern for the aspirants.
Latest Updates on JEE Main B.Planning 2021:
- NTA has decided to provide choices in Numerical questions of Maths section because of reduction of syllabus by some boards.
- Students will now get 10 Numerical Value Questions, out of which any 5 have to be solved.
- JEE Main Registrations 2021 have closed on 23rd January 2021.
- JEE Main Admit Card 2021 (February session) have been released on 11th February 2021. Those candidates who had paid the application fee can download their admit cards using application number and DOB.
There has been additional changes for the JEE Main 2021 exam owing to the reduction in Class XII syllabus by some boards. B.Planning Exam Pattern, by NTA for upcoming JEE Main 2021 exam provides details like total number of questions, marks distribution, marking scheme etc. The details below discuss important updates of JEE Main B.Planning Exam Pattern:
- The total marks for the test will be 400 marks. The paper for selecting students for the B Plan courses will be conducted separately
- The paper will have 105 questions for 400 marks.
- Also, the aspirants can apply either for B.Arch or B.Plan paper or both of them together.
- Candidates will be tested in three areas – Aptitude, Planning based MCQs and Mathematics.
- A total of 105 questions is segregated in the following manner:
- Aptitude – 50
- Mathematics – 30
- Planning – 25
- In the Mathematics section, 20 questions will be MCQs while 10 questions will be numerical based questions. Candidates will be required to attempt 5 out of 10 numerical based questions.
- JEE Main: Expected Cut Off 2021
- Check JEE Main 2021 Mathematics Syllabus
- Download JEE Main Practice Papers 2021
- JEE Main B.Arch Exam Pattern 2021 in Detail
JEE Main B.Planning 2021: Highlights
- Bachelor of Planning or B.Planning is a 4-year UG course
- The course explains different fields of designing, engineering, and managing.
- B.Plan program aims in resolving problems related to urban human settlements and building competencies in any area of business
- Minimum eligibility for B.Plan is 10+2 or equivalent with at least 50% in Mathematics
- JEE Main and subsequent round of counselling is the sole criteria for admission to this course in any college in India including IITs, CFITs, NITs, and other government-aided technical institutes
JEE Main 2021 B.Planning Exam Pattern – Highlights
Details on latest JEE Main Exam Pattern is tabulated below:
|Particulars||B.Planning Exam Pattern|
|Mode of exam||Online|
|Number of sections and subjects||3 (Mathematics, Aptitude, and planning based questions)|
|Duration of exam||3 hours (however, it will be 4 hours for persons with benchmark disabilities)|
|Timings||2:30-5:30 pm (Timings for the aspirants opting for both B.Arch. and Planning will be 2:30 – 06:00 p.m.|
|Number of questions to be attempted||Paper 2: 100 questions (Mathematics: 25 questions, Aptitude: 50 and planning based questions 25)|
|Type of questions||Mathematics and Aptitude: Objective type questions, Numerical questions; planning based questions,|
|JEE Main Total Marks||400 marks|
|Language of paper||English, Hindi, Gujarati, Assamese, Bengali, Kannada, Marathi, Malayalam, Odia, Punjabi, Tamil, Telugu, Urdu|
B.Planning Exam Pattern – Marking Scheme of B. Plan paper
|Correct Answer||+4 marks|
|Incorrect Answer||-1 mark|
JEE Main Paper 3 – Marks per section
|Section||Number of Questions||Total marks/section|
|Mathematics||25||100 (25 x 4)|
|Aptitude||50||200 (50 x 4)|
|Planning-based Questions||25||100 (25 x 4)|
B.Planning Exam Pattern – Syllabus
- NTA officially released updated syllabus for JEE Main aspirants
- It is advisable to understand the syllabus for upcoming JEE Main 2021 exam
- JEE Main syllabus helps in planning effective preparation strategies
- B.Planning Exam Pattern ensures that students cover important chapters at the time of revisions
Details of JEE Main 2021 Syllabus for B.Planning is given below:
Part 1: Mathematics
Mathematics syllabus is the same for all the three JEE Main papers.
|Sets, Relations and Functions||Limit, Continuity and Differentiability|
|Mathematical Induction||Integral Calculus|
|Binomial Theorem||Differential Equations|
|Sequences and Series||Coordinate Geometry|
|Complex Numbers||Three Dimensional Geometry|
|Matrices and Determinants||Vector Algebra|
|Permutations and Combinations||Statistics and Probability|
Part 2: Aptitude
The syllabus for JEE Main aptitude section is as follows:
- Knowledge of places, buildings, persons, etc.
- Texture and objects in relation to Architecture and building environment
- Understanding three-dimensional objects from two-dimensional drawings
- Analyzing sides of three-dimensional objects
- Assuming three-dimensional objects
- Transforming 2D and 3D unions
Part 3: Planning-Based MCQs (for B. Planning paper only)
- General Awareness in relation to development issues, government policies, etc.
- Reviewing the analytical skills of the candidates
- CBSE Class X Social Sciences
Download JEE Main Study Material
How to prepare as per the latest B.Planning Exam Pattern?
- JEE Main aspirants need to focus more on the numerical value type questions
- It has around 20% weightage in BE/B.Tech and B.Arch papers and 5% in B. Plan paper
- Also, it is advisable to attempt these questions as they carry no negative marking
- B.Planning Exam Pattern has few variation, hence one must fluctuate speed of learning accordingly
- Ensure to understand the question properly before attempting it
- Avoid silly mistakes while doing calculations
- JEE Main 2021 exam aspirants should try to complete the NCERT first before referring other books
- As B.Planning Exam Pattern is comparatively newer, understanding of syllabus and pattern is important for scoring well
General Preparation Strategies for B.Planning aspirants
For better effective learning, understanding of the B.Planning Exam Pattern is essential including the following points:
- Understand the difference in syllabus:
- Part 1 and 2 of the B. Plan syllabus are the same as the B. Arch syllabus
- Part 3 has variations
- There are planning based questions for the B.Plan exam, while B.Arch has drawing based
- B. Planning section will have three sections of Mathematics, General Aptitude and Planning
- Understand the important topics well for JEE Main B.Plan paper
- Acquaint yourself with skills to read a map as it will help in answering the related questions
- Candidates should prepare according to B.Planning Exam Pattern that includes enhancing general awareness skills
- JEE Main aspirants are advised to be updated on current affairs
- Candidates preparing as per B.Planning Exam Pattern must pay special attention to various developmental schemes, Government activity, etc.
- Try to attempt maximum mock tests.
JEE Main Mock Tests
- Annually NTA releases JEE Main online mock test series for candidate reference for JEE Main exam
- Coaching centers also rely heavily on these JEE Main test series
- In 2020, NTA also launched the “National Test Abhyas” for aspirants to practice mock papers from home
JEE Main Previous Year Question Papers
- JEE Main 2021 participants are advised to practice JEE Main previous year question papers to identify key concepts
- Such question papers also helps in understanding style of question in the JEE Main exam
- Practising previous year question papers also helps in better time management skill development
Latest News Updates
- Key Takeaways From Education Minister’s Webinar On JEE Main 2021 Examination
- JEE Main 2021: Live Session With Education Minister Extended To December 10th
- Uttarakhand Government To Provide Free Coaching Classes For JEE Aspirants
- JEE Main 2021: Mr Ramesh Pokhriyal Directs NTA to Draft a Fresh Syllabus
- JEE Main 2021 Delayed Till February, JEE Advanced 2021 Syllabus Being Reviewed
Recommended Books for JEE Main 2021 B.Planning Paper
For JEE Main exam, selection of right books and authors is quite essential. Below mentioned are few suggested best books by popular authors for preparation of JEE Main 2021:
JEE Main Recommended Books for Mathematics
|Higher Algebra||Hall & Knight|
|Coordinate Geometry||S.L. Loney|
Best books to prepare for Part 2 & 3: Aptitude and Planning
- Contemporary India – Textbook in Geography
- India and Contemporary World – History
- Understanding Economic Development Textbook in Social Science
- Study Guide for B.Arch 2021
- NATA & JEE (B.Arch) Study Pack for 2021: 12 books with Previous year Question Paper
JEE Main 2021 Exam Day Guidelines
JEE Main aspirants are advised to go through the detailed JEE Main 2021 exam day guidelines below to avoid any kind of issues on the day of exam:
- Entry gates to the exam hall will be opened at least 2.5 hours before the starting of the exam
- Candidates are advised to reach as early as possible to speed up the process of security checking and verification
- JEE Main aspirants must carry JEE Main 2021 admit card and identity proof to enter the exam hall
- PWD category students must produce a duly signed PWD certificate in the format prescribed by the authorities at the exam center
- All sorts of electronic devices like phones, calculators, watches with calculators, etc. are prohibited inside the exam centers
- Diabetic students are allowed to carry sugar tablets/fruits and water in a transparent water bottle inside the exam hall. However, packaged food items like chocolate, sandwich, etc. are not allowed
JEE Main B.Planning – Scope and Career
After B.Planning, students can either pursue higher studies or can look for a suitable job. Below are few options to choose from:
- Relative M.Sc or M.Tech courses
- PG Diploma Course
- There are jobs available in the government sector as well like government departments of planning, housing schemes, etc.
- For private sectors, options are from sectors like construction, interior designing firms, NGOs, etc.
Stay motivated and focus on revision well.
Best of luck with your upcoming exam!
JEE Main B.Planning FAQs
Last updated on December 23rd, 2020 at 11:24 am
Ans: From 2020 onwards, NTA has announced a separate paper for JEE Main exam. Paper 3 is of B.Planning and comprises aptitude, mathematics and planning based questions. The exam will be conducted in 13 languages. Candidates can choose the medium of language which is suitable for them. The duration of the exam will be 3 hours.
Ans: There will be 3 sections in the paper namely mathematics, aptitude and planning based. There will be 50 aptitude based questions and 25 each for the mathematics and planning section. Numerical questions are added that carry no negative marking.
Ans: The exam will be conducted in two shifts namely morning and evening. Overall NTA scores will be considered for preparing the merit list. In case of tie, merit will be based on score in mathematics, aptitude and planning based in the same order.
ANs: To appear for paper 3 of B.Planning, a candidate needs to score a minimum of 50% marks in 12th board exam. However the minimum aggregate requirement has been deducted for this year exam. In 12th class, a JEE Main aspirant needs to appear for at least 5 subjects.
Last updated on December 23rd, 2020 at 11:28 am
Ans: To appear for JEE Main 2021, candidates must have passed 12th either in 2020 or 2019, not before that. Students appearing for Class XII in 2021 are also eligible. Also, NTA does not specify any upper age limit to attempt the exam.