BITS Admission Test (BITSAT) is an online admission test, administered for students interested in first-degree programs at the Birla Institute of Technology and Science. BITSAT Cut Off 2021 is the qualifying score that must be achieved by candidates interested in admission to the various courses offered at several branches of the Birla Institute of Technology and Science.
- Although the results are for a single exam, BITSAT Cut Off differs for each branch and course. Out of the six Engineering Colleges accepting BITSAT for B.Tech, the highest cutoff is fixed for BITS Pilani, followed by BITS Goa and BITS Hyderabad.
- BITSAT Cut Off scores enable students to enrol in a counselling application, which determines the placements of each student.
- Students aspiring for the test must score equal or greater scores than the entrance cut off determined after the final tally of results. High performing students and low performing students are segregated after the test, and the former get enrolled in counselling procedure and are later admitted to one of the enlisted colleges.
- The first merit list is expected to be released in June.
- Top colleges accepting JEE Main Scores for Admission in B.Tech
- JEE Main Cut Off for top NITs
- JEE Main Cut Off for IIT Tirupati
BITSAT Exam Highlights
|Full-Form||Birla Institute of Technology and Science Admission Test|
|Governing Body||BITS Pilani|
|Exam Mode||Online (Computer-Based)|
|Exam Frequency||One per year|
|Exam Pattern||Multiple Choice Questions|
|Exam Duration||3 hours|
|BE Seats offered||About 2900|
|Exam Centres||61 Across Country|
|Eligible Colleges||BITS PilaniBITS HyderabadBITS GoaNIIT University|
- IIIT Delhi Cut Off: JEE Main Opening and Closing Ranks
- IIIT Allahabad Cut Off for JEE Main
- IIIT Bhubaneswar Cut Off for JEE Main
BITSAT Cut Off 2021: Eligibility
There are certain eligibility criteria that must be met by the candidates taking the BITS Admission Test 2021, which is a pathway to First Degree programmes offered by BITS. Here are the eligibility criteria for the BITS Admission Test, Bachelor of Engineering:
- Candidates must have passed the 12th standard from a state or a central board school, with Chemistry, Physics and Maths as the lead disciplines.
- Students attending/passing 12th grade in 2020 are eligible for the 2021 test.
- The candidates must have proven proficiency in English.
- Candidates must have an aggregate of 75% in Chemistry, Physics and Mathematics, and 60% individual scoring in Mathematics, Chemistry and Physics.
Things to remember:
- For candidates with multiple attempts at BITSAT, only their latest performance will be considered.
- Students already enrolled in BITS are no longer eligible for BITSAT 2021.
- Admissions are based on merit, and the merit position will be obtained in unison with the class 12th board exam.
- IIT Bhilai Placements Report and Summer Internship Programs
- IIT Palakkad: Admissions via JEE Advanced, Cut Off, Scholarships, Placements and More
BITSAT Cut Off & Counselling 2021
BITSAT Applicants can go through the exam notifications and sort through courses best suited to them. The counselling is usually scheduled within a week of result declaration.
- BITS 2021 allotment and counselling will be conducted through the official website. Candidates qualifying will have to register for the counselling prior to the deadline.
- BITSAT seats are allotted in iteration results. Iteration results are the repetition of a process to get to the desired outcome. The sequence of results leads to an end value or endpoint. Each repetition is called a single iteration and the outcome is simplified as the reparations increase. The iteration results are declared through the waitlist of candidates.
- All qualifying applicants are required to register to participate in the exam counselling, scheduled in October of each year. In order to participate in counselling and to secure a seat, pre-registration is required. The counselling application for BITSAT will be released in May 2021.
- IIIT Una: Admission through JEE Main, Cut Off, Placements, Scholarships and More
- IIIT Lucknow Cut Off for JEE Main
- IIITM Gwalior Cut Off for JEE Main
BITSAT Cut Off 2021
BITSAT Cut Off is essential for getting into the counselling list or enrolling on the admission process. To prepare, students can use past year cutoff trends as an outline for course preparation. It is essential for students to go through the BITSAT past year trends to get a squeeze of the campus-wise and branch-wise cutoff requirements. As the syllabus remains the same, the cutoff is likely to fall in the same ball-park as last year. The following trends of cutoff have been released by BITS, and it represents the branch-wise requirement of candidates enrolling for the BITS Admission Test each year.
BITSAT Cut Off 2020 Iteration Rounds
BITS administration does not release cutoff data for any branches on the campus, however, top-ranking students consolidate figures and make a list of prevailing cutoffs from each branch and course. Here’s the data available, displaying the varying cutoff trends from the past year:
|Iteration Rounds||Cutoff Scores|
BITS Pilani Cut Off Past Trends
|Electrical & Electronics Engineering||333||341||338||355|
|Computer Science and Engineering||372||383||378||382|
|Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering||323||328||319||332|
- HNB Garhwal University Cut Off: JEE Main Opening and Closing Ranks
- BIT Mesra Cut Off: JEE Main Opening and Closing Ranks
- IIIT Tiruchirappalli: Admission through JEE Main, Cut Off, Fee Structure and More
BITS Goa Cut Off Past Trends
|Electrical & Electronics Engineering||306||310||308||320|
|Computer Science and Engineering||347||352||347||350|
|Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering||293||294||289||301|
BITS Hyderabad Cut Off Past Trends
|Electrical & Electronics Engineering||300||308||298||310|
|Computer Science and Engineering||336||342||334||339|
|Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering||290||294||286||298|
- University of Hyderabad Cut Off: JEE Main Opening and Closing Ranks
- PEC Pondicherry: Admissions via JEE Main, Fees, Cut-Offs and more
BITSAT Cut Off Previous Years Trends Analysis
BITS releases the final cutoff scores each year. It is important for students to analyze and interpret the trends to the best of their knowledge and undertake the exams. There are limited seats available for each Engineering course, and hence, the competition is tough.
- As we read from the figures above, there is a decline in the cutoff, from 2017 to 2020.
- For BITS Pilani, in Chemical Engineering, the cutoff limit has gone from 306 in 2017 to 270 in 2020.
- For BITS Pilani, in Civil Engineering, the cutoff limit has gone from 294 in 2017 to 254 in 2020.
- While Computer Science Engineering has the highest number of seats, it also has the highest cutoff.
- The second-highest cutoff belongs to Electrical & Electronics Engineering, while Manufacturing Engineering takes students from the very bottom place in the ladder.
- JoSAA Participating Institutes accepting JEE Main Scores
- Top IIITs in India offering Admission in B.Tech via JEE Main
Factors affecting BITSAT Cutoff 2021
There are many factors responsible for the upward and downward trend of cutoffs each year. Here are some of the reasons:
- Difficulty level of each BITSAT schedule paper
- Seat availability
- Number of applicants
- Competitive edge among top scorers
BITSAT 2021 Counselling Process
B.Tech aspirants appearing in BITSAT 2021 will be shortlisted after the iteration results. Shortlisted candidates will have to appear for counselling arranged by the Birla Institute. The process of counselling begins in the month of May/June. Candidates filtered through the iteration result waitlist will be required to enrol through the counselling application. BITSAT counselling process has two steps:
- The verification of identity and professional documents.
- BITSAT seat allocation.
After 4-5 iterations, the results are finalized and a final list is released online. Candidates whose names are featured are required to apply for the counselling process. Qualified candidates with lower ranks will be heading towards the successive ranking, filled through merit-based counselling.
- Top 10 android apps for JEE Main Preparation
- IIT Kanpur Placement Report and Summer Internship Programs
BITSAT Cutoff 2021: Key Predictions
BITSAT Cut Off list is posted after the results. Many years of trends can point towards some key, unmissable data points that can easily weed out a concrete set of predictions for the BITSAT cutoff list.
- Lower Bracket: Candidates obtaining less than 225 marks have a murkier pathway towards getting admission in any of the courses across all campuses. Past data suggest the point of constriction where candidates with lower than 220 marks have never been able to fetch a seat in the cutoff list.
- Middle Bracket: Candidates straddling between a score of 270 to 338 have a solid chance of getting into the counselling list and making it to the produced cutoff score. As previous data suggests, scoring more than 270 is an easy bet and getting up to 320 gives candidates an ideal chance of getting into their desired college and studying their desired course.
- Top Bracket: Scoring more than 380 gives candidates a more than ideal position to make decisions of their choice. Previous data suggest that landing above 350 is a win for the candidates when it comes to college choice, and getting a seat in the course of your choice can be a cakewalk after achieving a score of 380.
Here’s a prediction table for BITSAT, based on BITSAT Cut Off trends of the last five years:
|Marks Obtained||Predicted Rank|
|Greater than 400||1 to 304|
|351 – 400||305 to 2319|
|301 – 350||2320 to 8789|
|251 – 300||8790 to 22441|
|201 – 250||22442 to 32565|
|Less than 250||Above 22442|
- IIT Delhi Fee Structure For B.Tech Admission 2020-21
- NIT Trichy Fee Structure for B. Tech Admission 2020-21
BITSAT 2021 Cut Off FAQs
Answer: There are many factors such as the level of difficulty of the exam, seat availability, maximum score, total applicants, and the competitive edge between candidates.
Answer: In total, there are six rounds conducted by the college authorities to determine the most suitable branch and course for each qualifying student.
Answer: The average score requirement for candidates interested in the B.Tech programme of BITS Goa is between 260-390. The cutoffs depend upon the seat availability and competition, among many other factors.
Answer: Counselling lists adhere to the cutoff list generated after every exam. In this case, the Electronic Engineering of BITS Pilani usually demands a score of 315+, however, BITS Goa and BITS Hyderabad demand a score of 280+.
Answer: BITSAT attracts an entirely different type of candidate, hence the levels of difficulty cannot be compared to other competitive exams. But yes, it is not easy to crack the top cutoff list, and the prize is equally rewarding.