Last updated on August 17th, 2021
BIT Mesra Fee structure for B.Tech courses for the session 2020-2021 is generally structured into Development fee, tuition fee, Institute exam fee, which are to be deposited semester-wise.
- The amount of fee remains the same for two consecutive semesters and then increases to the particular amount, as per the institute guidelines.
- Apart from the semester fee, candidates also have to deposit One-time fee during the time of admission which is categorized as One-time admission fee and One time Caution money, that is refundable.
- Candidates who live in hostels have to deposit a specified amount every semester.
- Hostel fee includes electricity, hostel rent and transport charges. Food charges are not included in the Hostel fee, thus, it has to be paid accordingly.
- The total expenditure for four year B.Tech course turns out to be around INR 11,57,000 + INR 1,70,000 (hostel fee) which is equivalent to approximately INR 13,27,000.
Also Check BIT Mesra JEE Main Cut Off for B.Tech
Given below is the detailed breakdown of BIT Mesra Fee Structure from the latest updated official source.
|Description||Semester 1 (In INR)||Semester 2 (In INR)||Semester 3 (In INR)||Semester 4 (In INR)||Semester 5 (In INR)||Semester 6 (In INR)||Semester 7 (In INR)||Semester 8 (In INR)|
|Institute Exam Fee||5500||5500||6000||6000||6500||6500||7000||7000|
|Hostel Mess Advance||5000||5000||5000||5000||5000||5000||5000||5000|
One-Time fee during the time of Admission
|Caution Money (Refundable)||10000|
|Total Fee (8 semesters)||1157000 + 170000 (Hostel fee) = 1327000|
- IIIT Bangalore: Admission through JEE Main, Cut Off, Courses, Scholarships and More
- IIIT Bhubaneswar Cut Off for JEE Main
BIT Mesra Fee Structure for International Students
The fee structure is different for the foreign students than the native students.
- International Students have to pay the amount of 4,500 USD every semester that includes Institute, tuition and hostel fee.
- Apart from that, during the time of admission, students need to submit the following fee amount:
- One-time fee amount of 250 USD.
- INR 20,000 as advance payment of Hostel Mess + INR 5,000 as Hostel Caution money, which is refundable.
- Candidates have to separately pay the food charges which aren’t inclusive under 4,500 USD.
- Thus, annual fee will be around INR 6,62,048 + Food charges.
- IIIT Una: Admission through JEE Main, Cut Off, Placements, Scholarships and More
- IIITM Gwalior Cut Off for JEE Main
BIT Mesra Fee Structure: Scholarships and Waivers
BIT Mesra provides financial assistance and Fee Waiver to three different kinds of groups which are mentioned below:
- Tuition Fee Waiver, which is on the basis of AIR secured in JEE Main exam and shall be applicable for the first semester only.
- After first Semester, meritorious students shall be provided with Students Free-ship on the basis of their performances in the Semester exam.
- Certain amount of tuition fee waiver shall also be provided to the wards of staff members as per the guidelines of the institute.
Meritorious candidates shall be given a certain percentage of fee waiver because of their excellent performance in the entrance test. The amount of fee which will be waived is divided on the basis of different categories. A table has been mentioned below that represents the amount of Tuition fee Waiver.
|Tuition Fee Waiver (%)||General Category students securing All India Rank (AIR) in JEE Main||Reserved Categories (SC/ST) students securing All India Rank (AIR) in JEE Main|
|100%||Up to 1000||Up to 5000|
|75%||Between 1001 to 2500||Between 5001 to 15000|
|50%||Between 2501 to 4000||Between 15001 to 25000|
How to Pay BIT Mesra Fees?
Payment of Semester Fee
Step 1: Students must go to the official fee payment portal.
Step 2: You will be navigated to the home page, where candidates have to fill in their username and Password (which is either Roll Number or Application ID).
Step 3: After that, enter the CAPTCHA shown there and press the Log in button.
Step 4: Candidates will be navigated to a new page, where they can pay the fee amount.
Payment of Fee at the time of Admission:
- Students need to pay the fee at the time of admission through electronic transfer.
- Following are the details for the payment of admission fee:
Bank Details For B.Tech Students
|Name of Bank||IDBI Bank Ltd.|
|Name of Beneficiary||Birla Institute of Technology|
Note: The bank details might have been changed or might not be required at all if the fee payment is through an online payment gateway.
Latest JEE Main News
- JoSAA Counselling 2021: Registrations Begin on 16 October 2021
- JEE Advanced 2021 Result Released: Read How to check, Rank List, Qualifying Marks
- WBJEE Counselling 2021: Registration Started on 28 September 2021
- JAC Delhi Counseling 2021 Registration Starts For B.Tech Program
- Predict College or Courses Using Your JEE Main Rank
Payment of Hostel Mess Fee
Step 1: First visit www.bitwelfaresociety.com and log in over there.
Step 2: After that, click on SBI Collect.
Step 3: Then tick the box and click on ‘Proceed’.
Step 4: After that, a new page will appear, where students need to mention the state of the institute as ‘Jharkhand’. Below this box, there will be a tab where students need to mention the ‘Educational Institute’ and then click on ‘OK’.
Step 5: Then, select the name of the institute as ‘BIT Welfare Society’ and proceed with payment category as ‘Mess dues’
Step 6: Add the payment amount.
Step 7: At last, enter your Roll number and finally click on the ‘submit’ option.
Do not forget to take out the print of the receipt by just clicking on the option Print and save.
- SPA Bhopal Cut Off: JEE Main Opening and Closing Ranks
- MNIT Jaipur Cut Off: JEE Main Opening and Closing Rank
- Due to the global pandemic, BIT Mesra Fee structure was revised for the year 2020-21. Students must verify the same with college.
- The above information is subject to changes by BIT Mesra authorities. For detailed information and exact data on BIT Mesra Fees Structure refer to the official website of the college.