Last updated on July 20th, 2021 by Pratima Khatri
Birla Institute of Management Technology (BIMTECH), founded in 1988 by the Birla Group of Companies, has been ranked 47th among all Government and Private Management Institutes/Universities NIRF Ranking 2020
BIMTECH is a graduate business school and is engaged in offering courses at the postgraduate and doctorate levels. The programs offered by BIMTECH are Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM) at the undergraduate level, Fellow Program in Management (FPM), and Executive Fellow Program in Management (EFPM) at the postgraduate level. Candidates seeking admission to any of the mentioned courses can refer to the institute’s official website.
As per the eligibility criteria for applying to any of the BIMTECH PGDM programs, candidates have to secure a minimum of 50% aggregate marks in Graduation in the relevant stream. Final year students can also apply, but their admission would be provisional, and they have to submit their final year result (50% aggregate marks in Graduation) within a fixed time set by BIMTECH.
Admission to BIMTECH PGDM programs is based on CAT/XAT/MAT/GMAT/CMAT scores followed by Personal Interview and Written Ability Test conducted by BIMTECH. For BIMTECH FPM/EFPM programs, selection will be based on CAT/GMAT/CMAT/ UGC-NET/BIMTECH Entrance Test performance.
BIMTECH Greater Noida Quick Facts
- BIMTECH, Greater Noida is constituted by the BK Birla Group of Institutions and offers MBA equivalence programs like PGDM and FPM/EFPM.
- BIMTECH is ranked 6th among Private B Schools by NHRDN (2018-19) and ranked 47th among all Government and Private Management Institutes Ranking by NIRF (2020).
- BIMTECH runs a Student Exchange program effectively with 12 foreign Institutes/Universities in the USA, Finland, France, Austria, and many more.
- AICTE granted BIMTECH Category 1 Graded Autonomy Status in February 2020.
- All four post-graduate programs, PGDM, PGDM IB, PGDM IBM, PGDM RM, are accredited by the National Board of Accreditation.
- A scholarship amount of INR 2,00,000 will be entitled to all students provided they scored a minimum of 85% in CAT/XAT/GMAT. Ten students enrolled under the supernumerary category from SAARC countries (only) will also get scholarships of INR 2,00,000.
- BIMTECH, Greater Noida, has a team of more than 70 full-time faculty members experienced in Indian and International education and industry systems with deep involvement in research and consultancy for ten years or more.
- The average salary package offered during BIMTECH placements for batch 2019-21 was INR 8.08 LPA (C.T.C.). The placements commenced in November 2020, and by February 2020, 81% of students were recruited. Jobs were offered from different sectors, like I.T., BFSI, Consultancy, Manufacturing, e-commerce, FMCG/FMCD. The recruiters made virtual visits. Though the placement season was challenging due to the prevailing COVID-19 scenario, it is successful to date. Placements for batch 2019-21 would soon close.
BIMTECH Greater Noida Rankings
Birla Institute of Management Technology has been ranked 6th among private B Schools by the National HRD Network (NHRDN) – Shine.com in 2018-19. NIRF has ranked BIMTECH 47th among all Government and Private Management Institutes/Universities Ranking 2020.
- Ranked 6th among Private B Schools by NHRDN, 2018-19.
- Ranked 47th among all Management Institutes/Universities Rankings by NIRF, 2020.
- Ranked 10th among Private B Schools by M.B.A. Universe.
- Ranked 13th among Private AND Schools by Business Today – MDRA.
- Ranked 12th All India Rank among all Management Institute/Universities by Business world Ranking, 2018-19.
- Ranked 15th among all India Government and Private B Schools.
BIMTECH Greater Noida Courses & Fees
BIMTECH Greater Noida, offers four postgraduate level courses with various specializations and executive postgraduate courses, and two fellowship programs. Each course and its fees have been provided in a tabulated form below:
|Program||Program Details||Selection Basis|
||CAT/ XAT/ CMAT/ GMAT scores + WAT + PI|
||CAT/ XAT/ GMAT/ CMAT/ MAT scores + WAT + PI|
||CAT/ XAT/ GMAT scores + WAT + PI|
||CAT/ GMAT/ CMAT/ UGC-NET/BIMTECH Entrance Exam + Interview|
BIMTECH Greater Noida Cut Off
BIMTECH Greater Noida Cut Off required for the different PGDM courses are presented in the table below:
|Programs||Cut Off – CAT/XAT/GMAT||Cut Off – CMAT/MAT|
|PGDM International Business||65%||90% (CMAT)|
|PGDM Insurance Business Management||60%||70% (MAT)|
|PGDM Retail Management||60%||70% (MAT)|
BIMTECH Greater Noida Placements
BIMTECH Greater Noida started their placement sessions for batch 2019-21 in November 2020. Though the economic conditions were slow due to the prevailing COVID-19 pandemic yet, over 81% of placements were achieved by February 2021.
Leading corporates from different sectors, such as Information Technology (I.T.), Banking, Financial Services & Insurance (BFSI), Consultancy, Manufacturing, e-commerce, FMCG/FMCD, virtually visited the BIMTECH campus and recruited students.
Some of the leading recruiters who visited virtual campus placements are Amazon, Mindtree, Wipro Technologies, Infosys, KPMG, TCS, Kotak Mahindra Bank, HDFC Bank, Reliance Retail and many more.
The average salary offered in BIMTECH Placements 2021 was INR 8.08 lakhs per annum (C.T.C.). Students were offered roles like Analyst, Senior Analyst, Business Analyst, Risk Consultant, Relationship Manager, Financial Analyst, etc.
BIMTECH Greater Noida Scholarships
Birla Institute of Management and Technology (BIMTECH), Greater Noida, offers scholarships to students based on merit. The details of each Scholarship and award are given below:
Late B.K. Birla Admission Scholarship
|Total No. Of Scholarships||To all students fulfilling the eligibility criteria|
|Eligibility Criteria||A minimum of 85% score in CAT/XAT/GMAT|
|Mode of Payment||the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th installments of the tuition fee are partially waived off.|
Note: 10 scholarships of INR 2 Lakhs each will be provided to students enrolled under the category of supernumerary coming from SAARC countries only.
Late G.D. Birla Academic Merit Scholarship
Program-wise detailed Scholarship’s list:
|Program||Intake of Students||1st Position||2nd Position||Total||1st Position (INR)||2nd Position (INR)||Outlay for Each Term (INR)||Total Outlay 4 Terms (INR)|
|PGDM||240||4||4||8||INR 50,000||INR 25,000||INR 3,00,000||INR 12,00,000|
|PGDM (IB)||60||1||1||2||INR 50,000||INR 25,000||INR 75,000||INR 3,00,000|
|PGDM (RM)||60||1||1||2||INR 50,000||INR 25,000||INR 75,000||INR 3,00,000|
|PGDM (IBM)||60||1||1||2||INR 50,000||INR 25,000||INR 75,000||INR 3,00,000|
|Total||420||7||7||14||–||–||INR 5,25,000||INR 21,00,000|
Students securing the first two positions as per TGPA in all courses will be eligible for the Scholarship as mentioned above program for each term until the 4th term, provided they clear the exam on the first attempt.
Madhuri & Jagdish Sheth Endowment Awards
BIMTECH was donated with INR 5,00,000 by Professor Jagdish Sheth and Professor Emeritus of the Emory University, the U.S.A., to create two scholarships. Another INR 5,00,000 was added by BIMTECH to make it INR 10,00,000 reward for generating two scholarships based on interest earned. During the Annual Convocation of the institute, the Award Ceremony takes place.
Jagdish Sheth Award for Best Ph.D. Thesis Produced at BIMTECH
Amount – Eligible students are awarded INR 50,000.
This award is given to candidates who have submitted and evaluated their Doctoral thesis during the current academic year.
MADAM MADHURI J SHETH AWARD FOR FEMALE TOPPERS of BIMTECH
Amount – eligible students will be awarded INR 50,000.
This award will be given after considering the CGPA of the 1st and 2nd year.
Late Sarala Birla Award for Female Doctoral Student of BIMTECH from Developing Countries: A scholarship amount of INR 1,00,000 is granted for three years consecutively.
Gold Medals & Special Medals: The Scholarship is provided based on three categories:
- As per academic performance, the topper of each course gets a gold medal.
- An all-around performance topper, one male and one female student of BIMTECH, will get a gold medal.
- PGDM and PGDM (I.B.) courses students securing 1st Position in each specialization area, H.R., Operations, Marketing & Finance, based on their Term 3,4,5 and 6 results will be awarded Special (Silver) Medals.