Last updated on July 22nd, 2021 by Ahana Bhaduri
Biju Patnaik University of Technology offers a range of UG, PG, integrated, PhD and diploma courses with the most popular programs being M.Sc and MBA/PGDM. Admissions are both merit and entrance-based. Admission to the MBA program and MSc program is done via CAT entrance exam and JNU CEEB exam respectively. For other PG programs, PU conducts its own entrance examinations.
The institute has a great placement record with numerous top companies arriving for yearly placement drives. Some of the well- known companies that recruit students from PU are TCS, HP India Pvt. Ltd., Mahindra Satyam, Infosys, HCL Technologies, Wipro, L&T Infotech and IDBI Bank. The average placement package offered is 3.5LPA.
Biju Patnaik University of Technology: Key Points
- The Biju Patnaik University of Technology heads 130+ affiliate and constituent colleges and institutes.
- The University and its constituents offer 923 courses across 10 streams.
- The University is accredited by NAAC and is recognized by UGC and NIRF among their top slots.
- It’s a co-ed based institute.
- Mode of application to admission to its several courses is Offline.
- The University has a decent placement rate with Wipro, TCS and Infosys being some of the top recruiters for the institute.
- Students can also pursue research and PhD programs in varied streams under a highly- knowledgeable and helpful faculty chair.
Biju Patnaik University of Technology: Courses & Fees
BPUT offers 923 courses, which includes various Diploma, UG, PG and integrated courses for the students. Given below are eligibility criteria, selection process and other details for the courses offered.
Biju Patnaik University of Technology Cut off
Around 128 departments at Biju Patnaik University of Technology announce Cut offs and Merit Lists for various courses to get admission in UG & PG programs every year, based on the guidelines set up by the university for several categories like OBC, General, ST & SC.
The cut off is served for admission to various programs through nationwide common entrance exams like JEE, OJEE or entrance conducted by university itself.
OJEE cut-offs 2021
Round1- M. Pharma (Pharmaceutics)
Biju Patnaik University of Technology Placement
Several reputed Tech and Non- Tech firms come to the university campus to offer placements during the placement programme conducted by the Biju Patnaik University and its affiliated colleges.
Conglomerates like Mahindra/ Tata, tech firms like INFOSYS , firms like Wipro etc. are invited for carrying out direct placements. The highest package offered to students varies from 7 lacs – 10 lacs.
Biju Patnaik University of Technology Scholarships
Biju Patnaik University of Technology, Rourkela Odisha, offers several scholarships and financial incentives to its meritorious students. Some of these are listed below:
- Central Government Scholarships- The Odisha Govt. has launched 20+ scholarship programme funding for quality education of its students. It is a flagship scheme for Odisha State. As BPUT is a state university, students can easily avail these scholarships.
- Skill Development and Technical Education department provides a merit- cum- poverty scholarship for promoting education of girl child, Sudaksha Scholarship for girls is one such scholarship that can be availed at BPUT.
- e- Medhabruti Scholarship – Students whose family income does not exceed 6 LPA are eligible for this and are provided funds through this scheme.