Home » College/Overview » Bidhannagar College, Kolkata: Courses, Fees, Eligibility, Selection Criteria, Scholarships

Bidhannagar College, Kolkata: Courses, Fees, Eligibility, Selection Criteria, Scholarships

Last updated on July 16th, 2021 by Akanksha Gupta

Bidhannagar College is situated in Kolkata, West Bengal, India. It was established in 1984 and is affiliated with the West Bengal State University (WBSU). It is accredited with grade ‘B+’ by NAAC. The college offers 19 courses in five streams: arts, education, science, commerce, and banking. It offers B.Sc., BA, M.A., and M.Sc. programs.

Admission to the courses offered at Bidhannagar College is based on the results of the previous qualifying examination. 40% of the PG seats are filled through an entrance exam conducted by the institute itself.

Bidhannagar College Key Points

  • The college was established in 1984 and it’s a government college.
  • Bidhannagar College, Kolkata, West Bengal is approved by UGC and accredited by NAAC with a grade ‘B+’.
  • Eligible candidates can apply online for its UG and PG courses.
  • Reservations are granted in accordance with state and national government regulations.
  • Candidates seeking admission to the PG courses are chosen on merit for 60% of the seats, while the remaining 40% are filled based on the combined merit of qualifying examination and entrance test scores administered by the institution.
  • The total Campus area is 7.5 Acre.
  • Bidhannagar College does not provide placement opportunities.

Bidhannagar College Course and Fees

Bidhannagar College, Kolkata offers Undergraduate and Postgraduate Honours Programs in the Arts and Science stream. Tabulated below are the details of the courses offered – Duration, Eligibility, Specializations, Fees and Selection Criteria:

Course Program Details Selection Criteria
B.Sc
  • Duration: 3 Years
  • Eligibility: 10+2 with PCM/B from any recognized board with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks
  • Specialization: Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Botany, Microbiology, Geography, Statistics, Anthropology, Zoology
  • Fees: INR 3,530
Merit-Based
B.A
  • Duration: 3 Years
  • Eligibility: 10+2 from any recognized board with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks
  • Specialization: Bengali, English, Economics, Political Science, Philosophy, Education
  • Fees: INR 3,110
M.Sc
  • Duration: 2 Years
  • Eligibility: B.Sc. degree from a recognized university
  • Specialization: Chemistry, Physics, Botany, Zoology, Anthropology
  • Fees: INR 3,740
60% of the seats are filled with candidates’ qualifying marks, while the remaining 40% are filled based on the combined merit of qualifying examination and entrance test scores
M.A
  • Duration: 3 Years
  • Eligibility:
  • Specialization: English, Accounts, Economics
  • Fees: INR 3,320

Bidhannagar College Scholarships

Bidhannagar College, Kolkata provides various scholarships to the needy and meritorious students. Below are some of the financial aids provided by the college:

  • SC/ST Post Matric Scholarship
  • Chief Minister Relief fund
  • Minority Scholarship
  • Merit cum Means Scholarship
  • TARGET Charity Stipend

In addition to the scholarships and financial aids listed above, economically backward but regular and meritorious students may apply for the following aids:

  • SC/ST Post Matric Scholarship
  • DPI’S Free-Studentship and Half Free-Studentship available for needy students.
  • Book grants for needy students from students’ aid plus Travel grants for educational tours from the Teachers’ fund.

How to avail of Scholarships?

Candidates seeking scholarship facilities provided at Bidhannagar College, Kolkata shall fill the form during the admission. They are also required to visit the official website of the college for regular updates.

Bidhannagar College FAQs


Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *