Last updated on July 7th, 2021 by Sushil Pandey
Bhilai Institute of Technology (BIT), is an exquisite and enticing campus established by the Bhilai Institute of Technology Trust in 1986 as the first self-financed engineering college in Central India. It has now emerged as one of the most sought after professional institutes within 35 years of service. The Grade A NAAC accredited institute is affiliated with Chhattisgarh Swami Vivekanand Technical University (CSVTU) and is approved by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE).
It is one of the top engineering colleges in Chhattisgarh offering courses in B.Tech, M.Tech, MBA, MCA and PhD. Admissions to these courses are done based on Entrance exams: JEE Main/CG-PET (B.Tech), GATE (M.Tech), NIMCET (MCA) and MAT (MBA).
Bhilai Institute of Technology Key Points
- BIT, Durg has the maximum number of PhD holders in the state compared to any other professional institutions.
- It is a lush green campus that is environment friendly with well-equipped infrastructure.
- It has outstanding faculties with rich teaching and research experience in various countries across the globe.
- It has a fully computerised library with an open access system.
- It has well-equipped laboratories to carry out regular lab work and research activities.
- It has a 3-year part-time MBA program for working professionals with 2 years of experience.
- It provides a 3-year part-time M.tech program in Environmental Science and Engineering.
- It has a well amalgamated academic system with equal importance for co-curricular and extracurricular activities.
- BITS owns a sports complex with a 22000 sq ft outdoor field area and a 3800 sq ft indoor stadium with a gymnasium.
- It has an auditorium and an open-air theatre to host cultural and academic events.
Bhilai Institute of Technology Ranking
- BIT comes under the 251-300 band in the NIRF ranking of 2020.
- BIT secured the 85th spot in the ranking of best engineering colleges of India by India Today in 2020.
Bhilai Institute of Technology Courses and Fees
|MBA (Full Time)||
|MBA (Part Time)||
Bhilai Institute of Technology Placements
BIT has a training and placement cell that interacts with potential employers and organises campus placements and internships for students. About 50 prestigious companies participate in the placement process every year.
- Some of the famous recruiters include SAP, Cognizant, IBM, Godrej, Adani, Infosys, Wipro etc.
- Students can appear for campus placements from the 3rd year of college and 50-70% of the students get placed every year.
- The highest salary package offered is INR 8-10 LPA and the lowest salary package offered is around INR 3-4 LPA. The average salary package offered at the institute is INR 5-6 LPA.
To get a better idea let us look at the course wise placement in 2020.
|Stream||% of Students Placed|
|BE Civil Engineering||2%|
|BE Computer Science and Engineering||53%|
|BE Information Technology||31%|
|BE Electrical Engineering||2%|
|BE Mechanical Engineering||9%|
|BE Electrical & Electronics Engineering||26%|
|BE Electrical & Telecommunications Engineering||34%|
Bhilai Institute of Technology Scholarships
- GATE Scholarship: Candidates having a valid GATE score will be eligible to avail the financial assistance in accordance with the AICTE norms. The scholarship is only applicable to full-time courses. A stipend of 12,400 INR per month(approximately) is provided to the M.Tech students.
- BIT Annual Scholarship: Candidates securing the highest marks in the 2nd, 4th and 6th-semester examinations are eligible for this scholarship (All branches taken together). An amount of Rs.2500 will be awarded.
- BIT Alumni Cash Award: It is awarded to the topper in Mechanical and Civil Engineering branch on 26th of January every year on the occasion of Republic day celebration.
- Smt.Badra Devi Tripathi Excellence Award: It is awarded to the topper in Element of Electrical Engineering, a subject in BE First year. It is awarded on the occasion of the Republic and Independence Day celebration every year.
- Prize and Merit Certificate: It is given to the students achieving the highest positions in the University examinations. It is awarded on the occasion of Foundation Day every year.
- Sardar Inder Singh Jabbal Gold Medal
- Excel Gold Medals for all branches of UG and PG
- Preeti Sao Memorial Award
- Smt.Nemani Annapurna Memorial Scholarship
Bhilai Institute of Technology FAQs
Last updated on July 7th, 2021
Ans. Yes, BIT provides separate boys and girls hostels that can accommodate 350 boys and 190 girls. Boys hostel is located within the college campus and the girls hostel at distance of 0.5kms from the campus. The admission to the hostel will be made based on merit and distance. The first semester fees for girls hostel is Rs.27,000 and for boys hostel Rs.28,000 along with a caution deposit of Rs.2000. The facilities available at the hostel include a table, chair, almirah, cot, mess facility, free medical check-up, canteen, gymnasium, laundry, security and wi-fi connectivity (boys hostel). Admission to the hostel is made for one academic session only. Fresh applications must be provided at the end of each academic session for readmission to hostels.
Last updated on July 7th, 2021
Ans. The average salary package of students in Civil and Mechanical Engineering comes around 4.5-5 lakhs per annum and the average salary package of students in Computer Science, Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Information Technology Engineering comes around 3.5-4 lakhs per annum. GATE qualified and M.tech students have a better salary package with an average salary of 7-8 lakhs per annum.