Last updated on February 24th, 2021 at 09:33 am
Graduating from an IIT opens opportunities with excellent packages globally for the candidates. But these amazing opportunities do not come easy. The way to IIT is divided into two phases – the first is JEE Main 2021 and the second phase is JEE Advanced 2021. Preparation for JEE Main is the first step to get into Top IITs and top engineering institutions and it is an arduous task. Thus, it is very important to pick the best JEE Main books for 2021. This is because they play a crucial role when it comes to preparing for this esteemed exam.
Candidates must do their JEE Main 2021 preparation with a strong strategy. If you choose the right sources and revision plan for JEE Main 2021, you have already won half of the battle. Here, we have enlisted some JEE Main books that will give an idea of the expected questions in JEE Main 2021.
JEE Main 2021 Books for Preparation
Aspirants can choose any JEE Main book as per their preference to cover subjects in the JEE Main 2021 Syllabus. Here, we have enlisted subject-wise JEE Main best books to help you to prepare for the exam.
We have provided some basic tips on how to use the JEE Main books to be properly prepared for the examination.
- First, always go for the latest editions of the JEE Main books.
- Ensure that the JEE Main books that you buy, follow the latest JEE Main Exam Pattern.
- Third, ensure that the best books of JEE Main 2021 that you refer follow the latest JEE exam syllabus.
- Lastly, make sure some sample papers/unsolved papers are included in the reference books of JEE Main.
- If you prefer reading on a tablet, download JEE Main Books’ PDFs. These can be downloaded from various websites.
Best Books for JEE Main Physics Preparation
One needs to maintain a perfect balance between theoretical concepts and practical problems. Also, they need to be thorough with the theory portions to be able to put them into applications. These are the best books to prepare for JEE Main Physics:
|Sl. No.||Books Name||Author/ Publisher|
|1.||Physics Class XI & XII||NCERT|
|2.||Exemplar Problems: Solutions Physics||NCERT|
|3.||Physics||H C Verma|
|4.||Physics Vol-1 and Vol-2 by for theory and non-trivial problems||Resnick Halliday|
|5.||Concept of Physics Vol – 1 & Vol 2||H C Verma|
|6.||Understanding Physics (Arihant Publications): Set Books for
1-Electricity and Magnetism
2-Mechanics (Vol. 1 & 2)
3-Optics and Thermodynamics
4-Waves and Thermodynamics
|D C Pandey|
|7.||Concepts of Modern Physics (SIE)||Arthur, Sobita Mahajan & S. Rai|
|8.||Problems on General Physics||I E Irodov|
Best Books for JEE Main Chemistry Preparation
These are some suggestions for best books for JEE Main Chemistry by toppers of the exam. But, it is advisable to read them only after you have covered a considerable part of NCERT textbooks. Given below are the books for the 3 sub-sections of JEE Main Chemistry.
|Sl. No.||Name of Books||Author/Publisher|
|1.||Organic Chemistry Volume I||I L Finar|
|2.||Organic Chemistry||Morrison and Boyd|
|3.||Organic Chemistry||O P Tandon|
|4.||Organic Chemistry||Arihant Prakashan|
|5.||Concept of Organic Chemistry||M S Chauhan|
|7.||Organic Chemistry||Peter Sykes|
|8.||Organic Chemistry||Paula Bruice Yurkanis|
|Sl. No.||Name of Books||Author/Publisher|
|1.||Inorganic Chemistry||O P Tandon|
|2.||Inorganic Chemistry||J D Lee|
|3.||NCERT Books for Class XI & XII||–|
|Sl. No.||Name of Books||Author/Publisher|
|1.||Physical Chemistry||P W Atkins|
|2.||Physical Chemistry||O P Tandon|
|3.||Numerical Chemistry||P. Bahadur (G R Bathla & Sons)|
|4.||Numerical Chemistry||R C Mukherjee|
|5.||University Chemistry||Bruce H. Mahan|
|7.||Chemistry XI and XII||NCERT|
- Concise Inorganic Chemistry by J. D. Lee: This book will focus on understanding the basics rather than cram it.
- Textbook by OP Tandon – a great book for solving numeric problems.
- Modern Approach to Chemical Calculations by RC Mukherjee – This book will help ace the numeric problems in Physical Chemistry.
- Numerical Chemistry 22/e by P Bahadur – Several top rankers recommend this book for all types of numerical questions in Chemistry.
Best Books for JEE Main Mathematics Preparation
You need to be thorough with the concepts, theorems, and important formulae before practicing the difficult questions in Mathematics. Here are the JEE Main best books for Mathematics.
|Sl. No.||JEE Main Books||Author/Publisher|
|1.||Maths XI & XII||NCERT|
|2.||Higher Algebra||Hall Knight|
|4.||Coordinate Geometry||S. L. Loney|
|5.||Problems in Calculus of One variable||I A Maron|
|6.||Differential Calculus||Arihant Publications|
|7.||Integral Calculus||Arihant Publications|
|8.||Trigonometry||S. L. Loney|
|9.||Complete Mathematics for JEE Main||Tata McGraw Hill|
|10.||New Pattern Mathematics for JEE Main/Advanced||Arihant Publications|
Latest News Updates
- Key Takeaways From Education Minister’s Webinar On JEE Main 2021 Examination
- JEE Main 2021: Live Session With Education Minister Extended To December 10th
- Uttarakhand Government To Provide Free Coaching Classes For JEE Aspirants
- JEE Main 2021: Mr Ramesh Pokhriyal Directs NTA to Draft a Fresh Syllabus
- JEE Main 2021 Delayed Till February, JEE Advanced 2021 Syllabus Being Reviewed
What are the JEE Main books best for?
Choosing the books of JEE Main can be a very strenuous work. The following section will help you with the books relevant for different topics in all the three subjects.
Best JEE Main Books for Physics
|Sl. No.||Book Name||Best for|
|1.||Concepts of Physics Vol 1 and Vol 2 By H C Verma||Quality Problems on all topics|
|2.||Fundamentals of Physics by Halliday, Resnick, and Walker||For theory and Non-trivial Problems|
|3.||Understanding Physics by D C Pandey (Arihant Publications): Set Books for
||Explanation, Derivation, and Question set of Quality Solved/Unsolved problems. Best MCQ Book for JEE Main Physics.|
|4.||Problems in General Physics by I.E. Irodov||Practicing Problems|
|5.||Understanding Physics by Freedman and Young||Explanation for the theory of all topics|
|6.||Problems in Physics by SS Krotov||Practicing Problems|
|7.||Problems and Solutions of Physics by Shashi Bhushan Tiwari||For Practicing Problems and study detailed solutions|
Best JEE Main Books for Chemistry
|Sl. No.||Book||Best for|
|1.||NCERT Textbooks (Class XI and XII)||Direct questions from these books|
|2.||Modern Approach to Chemical Calculations by R.C Mukherjee||Numericals based on Physical Chemistry, Best MCQs Books for JEE Main Chemistry|
|3.||Organic Chemistry by O P Tandon||Vivid Explanation of the topics|
|4.||Concept of Physical Chemistry P Bahadur||Set of quality problems|
|5.||Concise organic chemistry by J D Lee||Best for reference|
|6.||Physical Chemistry by A.W Atkins||Helps in practice and revision|
|7.||Organic Chemistry by Morrison and Boyd||Helps in practice and revision|
Best JEE Main Books for Mathematics
|SL. No.||Books||Best For|
|1.||Objective Mathematics for R D Sharma||Basics, Best MCQs for JEE Main Mathematics|
|2.||Plane Trigonometry by S L Loney||Trigonometry|
|3.||Algebra by Dr S K Goyal (Arihant Publications)||Algebra|
|4.||Play with Graphs by Amit M Agarwal (Arihant Publications)||Practice of Sums using graphs|
|5.||Differential Calculus by Amit M Agarwal (Arihant Publications)||Calculus|
|6.||Integral Calculus by Amit M Agarwal (Arihant Publications)||Calculus|
|7.||The Elements of Coordinate Geometry||Coordinate Geometry|
|8.||Complete Mathematics for JEE Main Tata Mcgraw Hill||Explanation of the topics|
JEE Main Preparation Books for B.Arch
JEE Main B.Arch paper consists of questions from3 sections- Aptitude, Mathematics and Drawing. In order to prepare for the Mathematics section, you can refer to the books already mentioned. However, some suggestions for bests books for other sections are listed below:
|A Complete Self Study Guide for B.Arch 2021 Entrance Examination (English)||P.K Mishra, Arihant Publications|
|Architecture Entrance Book||P.K. Mishra|
|B. Arch/ B. Planning Aptitude Test for J.E.E. (Main)||SC Garg|
|NATA & B. ARCH Complete Self Study Material||Ar. Shadan Usmani|
|Steps to Architecture: B. Arch (NATA/JEE) Main Exam Guide||Nimish Madan|
JEE Main Books: Instructions to the Applicants
- Firstly, Stick to the JEE Main best books only and prepare accordingly.
- Next, do not go for too many books at one time.
- Third, make sure you solve all previous years question papers given in the books.
- Keep making notes as you go through the JEE Main`2021 books.
- Also, try pasting sticky notes at the end of the pages and jot down important details to revise better.
- Use a highlighter to mark the crucial points.
- Lastly, make sure you mark the important points and make notes in your second or third reading.
- Prefer using NCERT Textbooks available on the official website of NCERT. Books can be downloaded as PDFs or ePUB files.
- NCERT Books can be accessed on the official application named ‘ePathshala’. The app is available on the Google Play Store.
JEE Main Paper Analysis shows that the JEE Main exam is usually moderately difficult. With the right sources and preparations, candidates can ace their scores in JEE Main Exam easily.
Frequently Asked Questions
Answer: the difficulty level of an exam depends on our preparation. So, JEE Main will be easy for you if your preparation is complete and your basic concepts are clear.
Answer: If your conceptual basics are not year, it is best to start with Class XI and XII NCERT books. After thoroughly reading NCERT books you can proceed further with the books listed below:
- Chemistry: P.Bahadur and O.P Tandon
- Physics: H.C. Verma and ‘Halliday, Resnick & Walker’
- Mathematics: R.D. Sharma and S.L. Loney