Last updated on August 24th, 2021 by user
JEE Main B.Arch Exam Pattern: Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) is a national level entrance examination for engineering and architecture. Students who qualify this prestigious paper get a chance to study the Bachelor of Architecture course in top colleges like IITs, NITs, IIITs, and other government colleges all over India.
- NTA has finally released the JEE Main Exam Dates for the May session which will conduct the B.Arch and B.Planning papers (Paper 2A and 2B). Session 4 (May) is scheduled from 27 July to 2 August 2021. Candidates can apply for this session through the JEE Main Application Form.
- The number of numerical value questions have increased to 10 in Maths section. Any 5 have to be attempted from the 10. Apply Now For JEE Main 2021
- There are two exams in JEE – JEE Main and JEE Advanced. JEE Main, which is the qualifying exam for JEE Advanced, is conducted in 3 papers- Paper 1, Paper 2A and Paper 2B.
- Paper 2A is conducted for the B.Arch programme.
- In this article, we will discuss the various aspects of JEE Main B.Arch Exam Pattern 2021.
- With the help of this exam, aspirants can get into top-tier architecture colleges of the nation.
Since JEE Main examination dates will be announced soon, students should work hard on the JEE Main Syllabus provided.
Highlights of JEE Main B.Arch Exam Pattern 2021
The latest JEE Main B.Arch exam pattern has been released by NTA. Students can have a look at the exam pattern of 2021.
- Half of the B.Arch exam will be conducted as a computer-based exam while the Drawing section of JEE Main Paper 2A would be the traditional pen-paper mode.
- The exam will have papers in all types of important languages, including the usual English and Hindi. New languages have been introduced for the 2021 session.
- The marking scheme is pretty straightforward, with four marks allotted to all the questions in Mathematics, Planning and Aptitude being equal to all the sections. The only difference is the drawing section, where skills are looked for more than anything else.
- JEE Main Paper 2 also has negative marking, where any incorrect answer will have one mark deducted from your count, in MCQs.
- On the other hand, the Numerical value questions will not have any negative markings, in case the students have left the question unattempted or given an incorrect answer.
- JEE Main B.Arch Syllabus for Maths, Drawing and Aptitude
- Latest Exam Pattern for JEE Main B.Tech Paper
JEE Main B.Arch Exam Pattern 2021: Summary
|Particulars||Mathematics and Aptitude Section||Drawing Section|
|Exam Duration||3 hours|
|Total Questions in JEE Main B.Arch Exam||Maths – 20 MCQ questions and 10 Numerical questions (any 5 to attempt) Aptitude – 50 MCQs||2 questions only|
|Type of Questions||MCQs and Numerical Value||Subjective (Drawing skills)|
|Marking Scheme||For MCQs – 4 Marks for correct answer, -1 mark for every incorrect answer
For answer with numeric value – 4 Marks for every correct answer, no negative marking
|50 Marks for each question. Marking will be subjective.|
- NIT Srinagar Cut Off 2020
- NIT Manipur: Admissions 2021, Eligibility Criteria and More
- Career Options After JEE Main
- JEE Main B.Plan Exam Pattern
Why Should You Take JEE Main B.Arch Exam 2021?
There are three papers that NTA conducts and will be conducting this year as well. They are B.E/B.Tech, B.Arch and B.Planning. However, we will be – this time – focusing on B.Arch and what exactly does it entail?
- JEE Main B.Arch is for those students who wish to crack the exam and get into top-most architecture colleges.
- The popularity of architecture as a learning stream as well as a profession has been increasing day by day, even after the point that architecture is one of the hardest streams that are out there.
- Now, imagine being part of an IIT and learning architecture from world-class faculties.
- This would be possible with the help of JEE Main B.Arch 2021 and the JEE Advanced Architecture Aptitude Test.
- Let us now discuss our main head i.e. JEE Main New B. Arch Exam Pattern.
Detailed JEE Main B.Arch Exam Pattern 2021
We have discussed the marking scheme, syllabus and the various types of questions that are included in the JEE Main B.Arch Exam Pattern. Do read these carefully as it helps in understanding the strategy that one must devise to improvise on scores.
Distribution of Marks in JEE Main B.Arch 2021
The total questions that will be asked in JEE Main 2021 B.Arch Paper will be 82. The exam will be of total 400 marks. The sections marking scheme has been described in detail down below –
|Section||Questions||Marking Scheme||Total Marks|
|Part I – Mathematics||20 MCQs + 10 NAT (any 5 NAT to be attempted)||MCQs-Correct: 4 marks Incorrect: – 1 mark NAT –Correct: 4 marks Incorrect: 0 marks||100|
|Part II – Aptitude||50 MCQs||Correct: 4 marks Incorrect: -1 mark Unanswered: 0 marks||200|
|Part III – Drawing Test||2 drawing questions||Correct: 50 marks||100|
JEE Main Paper 2A will be conducted in two shifts, all lasting for three hours. First shift will last from 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM, whereas the second shift will be from 3:00 PM to 6:00 PM.
The mode of JEE Main Paper 2 will be a computer-based test only. However, the drawing test – i.e. the third section – will be on pen-paper. The questions that will be the most used will be multiple choice questions and numerical answer type (NAT).
JEE Main B.Arch Exam Pattern: Types of Questions
Multiple Choice Questions:
- All of the twenty questions in JEE Main Paper 2 will carry four marks each, meaning the MCQs will carry 80 marks in total.
- If answered correctly, the student will get four marks. On the other hand, if the answer or attempt is wrong, the student will be penalized by cutting one mark.
- In case if the question is not answered, it will, fortunately, not be marked negatively.
Numerical Answer Type (NAT):
- All of the five questions, just like the MCQs questions, will be carrying four marks.
- No question of this section will be marked negatively.
JEE Main B.Arch 2021 Syllabus
The syllabus for JEE Main B.Arch 2021 has been released now and updated officially. You can check the 2021 syllabus here.
|Sets, relations and functions; integral calculus; sequences and series; mathematical reasoning; permutations and combinations; limit, continuity and differentiability; differential equations; complex numbers and quadratic equations; coordinate geometry; vector algebra; statistics and probability; binomial theorem and its simple applications.|
|Awareness of persons, buildings, objects and persons; texture related to architecture and build-environment; visualizing three-dimensional objects from two-dimensional drawings; analytical reasoning mental ability (visual, verbal as well as numerical); visualizing different sides of the three-dimensional objects.|
|Drawing and Designing of geometrical or abstract shapes and patterns in pencil; transformation of forms (both two-dimensional and three-dimensional union); elevation and three-dimensional views of objects rotation; development of surfaces and volumes; generation of a plan; sketching of activities from memory of urban scenes; creating two dimensional and three-dimensional compositions using given shapes and forms.|
JEE Main B.Arch Score Accepting Colleges
Check a list of top colleges that offer B.Arch courses.
|S. No.||Institute Name|
|1||National Institute of Technology Calicut|
|2||National Institute of Technology Hamirpur|
|3||Malaviya National Institute of Technology Jaipur|
|4||National Institute of Technology Patna|
|5||National Institute of Technology Raipur|
|6||National Institute of Technology Rourkela|
|7||National Institute of Technology Tiruchirappalli|
|8||Visvesvaraya National Institute of Technology Nagpur|
|10||School of Planning & Architecture New Delhi|
|11||School of Planning & Architecture Vijayawada|
|12||School of Planning & Architecture Bhopal|
|13||Chandigarh College of Architecture Chandigarh|
|14||SRM University Chennai|
|15||ICL Institute of Architecture Ambala|
|16||GITAM University Visakhapatnam|
|17||Faculty of Technology and Engineering Vadodara|
Analysis of Various Sections of JEE Main B.Arch Exam
JEE Main B.Arch Mathematics Section
- JEE Main B.Arch paper includes Mathematics as the first section.
- The students are intimated the most by this section, right after the drawing question.
- This section is later divided into two parts, the one being MCQs and the other being NAT.
- However, this one is easier to crack, as the syllabus is the same as what you learned in the previous years, with more importance given to the class 11th syllabus, at least in this section.
- Many of the questions that are asked hail from the topics of distance or 3D coordinate geometry, as well as integration and derivation, among others, with the questions based on the first two topics being more as compared to the last two.
- It will contain a total of 25 questions.
- Out of them, 20 will be multiple choice questions, while the remaining five will be numerical value questions, also called Numerical Answer Type (NAT).
- This section is worth 100 marks, overall.
JEE Main B.Arch Aptitude Section
- Aptitude section in JEE Main Paper 2 is known to measure the students’ aptitude, as the name suggests.
- It is mostly easier and certainly even more so than the other sections, as the students claim
- It will have 50 questions in all; all of this section will carry 200 marks.
- Most of the questions revolve around mirror images, 3D structures or other similar figures, along with the locations of some places around the world, textures of things and a lot more.
- Aptitude section in JEE Main Paper 2 has negative marking, so the students are warned to proceed with a lot more thinking and caution.
JEE Main B.Arch Drawing Section
- This part is the last part of the paper and will contain drawing questions.
- Moreover, this section will be measuring the students’ skills in drawing and whether they can handle the pressure all the architecture year gives to the students.
- Most of the architecture studies rely on drawing and if the student’s drawing skills are not that up to the mark, then he or she won’t be able to crack the exam.
- The section only has a total of 3 questions, out of which you have to attempt 2 questions.
- They carry 100 marks in total and should be given more time and concentration.
- The drawing section is conducted offline.
- Also, the questions are mostly based on simple and basic topics of faces, gymnasts, cylinders and even school playgrounds, to name a few.
- Most of the students appearing for JEE Main 2020 B.Arch examination claim that this section stumps them the most.
JEE Main B.Arch Exam Day Guidelines
A variety of unforeseen and unwelcome things can happen on your examination day and trust me when I say this, you can’t afford going wrong in your JEE Main 2021 B.Arch examination.
- The entry gates of the exam centres will be opened around two and a half hours before the start of the exam.
- Students appearing for the exam should wisely reach their respective exam centres on time so as to avoid any hurriedness and latency, especially during the final moments before the evident exam.
- No entry will be permitted in the exam hall without JEE Main 2021 admit card along with identity proof
- Any electronics, including cell phones, calculators, watches with the calculators and pagers, books, notebooks, tablets, etc. are strictly not allowed to be carried inside the exam centre.
- Students with medical problems can be given a few pardons. For example, students with diabetes can carry small items such as sugar tablets or fruits as well as water bottles, only if it’s transparent. But packed items like chocolate, candy, wafer, sandwiches, etc. are not allowed even for diabetic students.
What After B.Arch?
For those of you who are thinking about what will happen after the JEE Main examination – especially B.Arch – there are a number of options these students can adopt in their life.
- There is going a step forward and picking up masters after passing the Bachelors in Architecture.
- One can also get a PhD in Architecture, thus helping the student even more so in his or her professional life as a talented architect.
- If not interested in studying further, these students can also get jobs in the core architecture field, as there is plenty of scope in this field.
And all of these options boil down to good grades in the JEE Main 2021 B.Arch Examination.
The examination does seem to fluctuate; and though we can’t blame the authority or even the government, it is important that the students keep studying to not forget their syllabus. The JEE Main B.Arch Exam Pattern above will help the students to plan their study timetable and therefore, improve their chances of passing the JEE Main 2021 B.Arch Examination with flying colours.
JEE Main B.Arch FAQs
Last updated on December 21st, 2020 by user
Ans. In MCQs 4 marks for every correct response will be given and I mark will be deducted for every incorrect response. Whereas numerical Value questions will have no negative marking. And of course drawing questions will be marked as per the candidates’ drawing skills.
Ans. Yes, definitely you can apply for both B. Arch and B. Planning papers. But your exam duration will be 3 hours 30 minutes instead of 3 hours in such a case.
Ans. According to the eligibility guidelines, candidates of any stream who have passed 12th /qualifying examination with 50% marks in aggregate and 50 % marks in Mathematics are eligible to apply.
Last updated on December 21st, 2020 by user
Ans. JEE Main Paper 2 consists of 3 sections. Marks and question distribution of JEE Main Paper 2 is tabulated below:
|Part I||Mathematics||25 Questions of 100 marks (20 MCQs and 10 Numerical Value Based Questions)|
|Part II||Aptitude||50 MCQs of 200 marks|
|Part III||Drawing||2 Questions of 100 marks|
Ans. It totally depends on the student’s capability and performance. If you are truly interested in doing, nothing seems difficult.
Ans. Yes, definitely BArch is a good course and has great scope with amazing career opportunities. Even you could get a chance to get jobs abroad as well.
Ans. No, it is not compulsory to appear for the JEE Main paper 2. If you are not interested in the BArch course you can skip that.