Last updated on July 19th, 2021 by Ahana Bhaduri
Bangalore Institute of Technology (BIT) Bangalore, Karnataka was established in the year 1979. BIT ranks among the top engineering colleges in India. It is affiliated to Visvesvaraya Technological University (VIT), Belgaum and is one of the study centers for IGNOU.
Bangalore Institute of Technology was ranked under 201-250 rank band of NIRF India Ranking 2020. It is one of the top 3 private engineering colleges in Karnataka and top 20 in India.
Presently BIT offers 9 Undergraduate, 10 Postgraduate courses, and 13 research centers. Admissions to most of these courses are done through a merit list based on the performance in state or national entrance exams.
BIT offers decent placement opportunities, with over 70% of its students successfully placed in the 2020 placement drive. Some of the top recruiting companies are HSBC, Infosys, BOSCH, CISCO, Toyota, J. P. Morgan, Grofers and IBM among others.
Bangalore Institute of Technology Courses
Given below is a list of top courses offered by the Bangalore Institute of Technology.
Apart from the courses mentioned above BIT also offers research opportunities in the following subjects: Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical & Electronics Engineering, Information Science & Engineering, Computer Science & Engineering, and Industrial Engineering & Management.
Bangalore Institute of Technology Admissions
Bangalore Institute of Technology only accepts students based on their performance in the relevant entrance examinations for the concerned subjects. The institute accepts JEE Main, GATE, PGCET, MAT, KMAT, KCET, and CMAT scores for admission in various courses.
The performance in the entrance examination determines the candidature at BIT. All the applications are accepted offline with valid scores of the entrance tests.
Appearing for one of the entrance examinations is mandatory for the candidates seeking admission in M.B.A or M.C.A programs.
Admission to Undergraduate program (B.E) is made through the JEE Main score whereas admission in Postgraduate program requires a valid GATE, CMAT, KMAT, KCET, MAT, PGCET score.
How to apply?
Students are required to follow the steps given below if they seek admission to the institute.
- Visit the official website of BIT.
- Click on “Admission” (one of the options in the header).
- Check all the programs offered and their eligibility.
- Check the eligibility of your desired program and click on “Documents required for admission”.
- Download the application form and check the mode of payment.
- Attach the required documents and entrance examination scorecard.
- Visit BIT, make necessary payments and complete the registration process offline.
- Entrance exam scorecard or allotment letter.
- Original mark sheet of 10th, 12th, and Graduation.
- Transfer Certificate and Study Certificate.
- Aadhaar Card
- Caste & Income Certificate
- Passport size photographs
Bangalore Institute of Technology Placements
The 2020 placement cycle of BIT offered successful placements and internships to 248. More than 100 companies visited the campus to conduct placement activities and provide eligible students with placement opportunities.
BIT has a dedicated placement and training center that helps students achieve their dream jobs.
- Among the top recruiting companies Accenture, Capgemini and Brillio offered maximum opportunities to the students with the average salary being INR 6.2 LPA and the highest salary being INR 20 LPA.
- Other companies that participated in the placement activities are DELL, CISCO, Jaro, Optum, Betsol, Accolite, Amazon, TCS, Amdocs, Nextuple, Infrrd, Larsen & Toubro Ltd, West Pharma, Endurance International Group, etc.
Key placement highlights
The following list provides an insight into the placement highlights of BIT.
|Company||No. of students Placed|
Bangalore Institute of Technology Scholarships
BIT offers meritorious students a chance to apply for various scholarships offered by the state, central government, and the institution itself. These scholarships are mostly aimed to provide financial assistance to meritorious students belonging to SC/ST/OBC and Minority categories.
Given below is a list of scholarships offered by Bangalore Institute of Technology.
- Azim Premji Foundation Wipro Scholarship: This scholarship provides opportunities for working professionals from various fields with work experience of four to ten years are awarded this scholarship mostly aiming to provide financial assistance. Individuals who are determined to bring social change are eligible candidates. Upon selection, the recipients are awarded INR 35,000 per month and other benefits.
- Infosys Scholarship: Meritorious students belonging to the economically weaker section with a score of more than 80% in Secondary and total household annual income less than INR 1,50,000 are provided financial assistance through this scholarship.
- Sarojini Damodaran Foundation: The foundation assists underprivileged students through focused intervention academically. The scholarship is awarded to students who have completed secondary through a rigorous screening, consisting of a written test and an interview.
- Indian Oil Scholarship: It offers more than 2600 scholarships to students who are pursuing Secondary, ITI, Engineering, MBBS, and MBA on a merit cum means basis.
- Huayu Enrichment Scholarship (Ministry of Education): It is an international scholarship provided to students to pursue Mandarin study in Taiwan. The recipients are awarded a monthly stipend of INR 64,792. The selection procedure includes a paper review and TECC followed by an interview.
- M S Ramaiah Charities Trust Scholarship: The scholarship is awarded to fulfill the financial requirements of students belonging to economically weaker family backgrounds. Annual scholarship is provided to students who have excellent academic records.
- Sri V R Deshapande Memorial Trust Scholarship: Meritorious students belonging to rural regions are provided monetary benefits through this scholarship. Additionally, the students are also provided employment training to enhance their employability skills.
- Dr. Shamanur Shivashankarappa Scholarship: This scholarship provides financial benefits to students who wish to pursue professional courses like Engineering, Technology, Management, Law, Nursing, Medical, and Dental Sciences. The students must provide an excellent academic record to become eligible for this scholarship.
- Defence Scholarship: Defence scholarship is awarded to the wards of deceased army officers and ex-servicemen are provided this scholarship to support their educational necessities. Students of Defence personnel having an academic record of 70% willing to continue their studies are eligible for the scholarship.
Bangalore Institute of Technology Facilities
The following facilities are provided by the Bangalore Institute of Technology.
- Sports: BIT has a dedicated sports department that aims to encourage students’ participation in various indoor and outdoor games. These games focus on improving the fitness and wellness of the students. The main objective behind promoting sports is to improve the overall physical and psychological health of faculties and students.
- Library: The library was established in 1979, it boasts a collection of 83,605 documents 19,750 titles, and 31 periodicals that are accessible to both students and teachers. The books, magazines, CDs, reports, print, and e-journals aid the academic requirements of the candidates as well as the teachers.
- Canteen: The canteen of BIT provides various food options and facilities at reasonable rates. Special attention is given to maintain the hygiene and quality of the food items provided.
- Hostel: BIT offers separate hostels for males and females. The hostels are equipped with added facilities of a mess, library, solar generators for emergencies, dining hall, and a modern kitchen.
BIT also has a gigantic auditorium and seminar hall which is required to conduct events, programs, and various other activities. The auditorium has a huge accommodating capacity and all the important meetings and conferences are held here.
Bangalore Institute of Technology Faculty
The total number of faculty including principal, professors, associate professors, and assistant professors is 289. The faculty members of the Bangalore Institute of Technology have excellent knowledge and teaching caliber. Moreover, the institute is committed to bringing experts in the fields to teach in their highly reputed institute.
More than 83 faculty members hold a Ph.D. degree in their respective fields and 71 members are pursuing Ph.D.
The faculty members with their expertise in their respective subjects provide high-quality teaching and encourage students towards academic advancement.
- Total Faculty: 289
- Professor: 26
- Associate Professor: 51
- Assistant Professor: 72