Last updated on January 12th, 2021 at 01:20 pm
Bachelor of Architecture (B.Arch) is a five-year undergraduate programme that can be begun after Class 12 with at least a 50% mark. The aim of this course is to produce licensed and qualified architects approved to construct private buildings and public buildings.
- Architectural analysis requires the design of architectural models, the planning of any building and land blueprints, and other physical structures. Professionals and experts will meet the growing demand for other commercial industries in the construction industry after taking the course.
- This course encompasses many aspects of humanities, engineering, aesthetics, etc. of different strata.
- The B.Arch curriculum involves numerous hypotheses, experiments, project work, practical training, and research training.
- Career Options after JEE Main
- Top Engineering Colleges in India Offering B.Arch Course
B.Arch Course Highlights
|B.Arch full form||Bachelor of Architecture|
|B.Arch Eligibility||50% marks in class 12 or Class 10 + Diploma from a recognized college|
|B.Arch Admission Process||Entrance Exam Based|
|B.Arch Course Fee||INR 4-8 Lakhs|
|B.Arch Average Salary||INR 2-5 Lakhs per annum|
|B.Arch popular specialization||Environmental Planning, Urban Planning, Housing, Infrastructure Planning, etc|
|B.Arch Entrance exam||
In order to complete a full-time B.Arch programme, students have to meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Aspirants must have passed their 10+2 exam or one of the math-equivalent subjects.
- For 10+2, they should have at least a 50% (45% for the group reserved) or
- 10+3 diplomas (any stream) with 50 percent aggregate marks recognized by central/state governments or recognized by central/state governments should be awarded.
- After 10 years of study, they should have completed their International Diploma with a minimum cumulative mark of 50 percent and compulsory math tests.
- NATA (National Aptitude Test for Architecture) with an 80% grade from the Architectural Council (CoA)
Two of the most widespread B.Arch tests are The National Architecture Aptitude Test (NATA) and the Architecture Aptitude Test are Architecture Entrance Exams (AAT). Usually, colleges offering these programmes accept the former. The AAT is an entrance exam for the architectural programmes of the Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs).
How to Pursue B.Arch After 12th?
To enroll in this course, candidates may take the NATA or other architectural entrance test.
In the B.Arch admission process, the following are the basic steps:
- To access the application forms, visit the official website of the Institute, or directly visit the admission office of the Institute.
- Please complete the application form carefully and upload the documents requested by the college in the format and size defined.
- Pay the registration fee at the final stage of registration (if any)
- Please take the printout from the application form for future reference.
- Offer any architectural entry review (Like NATA, JEE Main, etc.)
Following this approach, students receiving a final aspirant will then be invited to enroll in the admission process and eligible applicants will be approved on the basis of the evaluation and seat availability. Many B.Arch institutions offer NATA scores for admission, while some have state scores such as WBJEE, UPSEE, etc. with B.Arch scores. Some B.Arch organizations, such as HITSEEE, GITAM GAT, etc., offer their own entrance exams. Based on the performance of the applicants and the entry exam ratings, the Institutes prepare a list of merits and conduct counseling for final seat allocation.
Some of the largest B.Arch private institutes in the country have direct access to this prestigious five-year programme. Under the management quota regime, certain institutions may reserve a certain number of seats, and those applicants to Arch may apply for direct access to one of those colleges through the management quota seats.
List of Top B.Arch Specializations
That many architects as contractors start off with a monthly payment of INR 2-4 LPA. The pay depends upon the credentials of the applicant. Here are job profiles and an average wage can be forecast once after a B.Arch programme.
|Job Profiles||Average Salary (in INR LPA)|
|Senior Interior Designer||7.50|
|Senior Project Architect||10|
|Senior Principal Architect||19.40|
- JoSAA Counselling for admission into IITs, NITs, IIITs and GFTIs
- IIT Delhi 2020 Cut Off for Undergraduate Programs
List of B.Arch Entrance Exam
- The primary entrance exam for B.Arch is NATA 2021. The exam was administered in 2020 with over 30,000 students. At central, national, and state levels in India, this National Architecture Council evaluation is conducted for entry into various architectural colleges.
- In addition, students can also obtain a B.Arch entrance on the basis of the JEE Mains ranking. In addition, many other entry exams, such as the TS B.Arch Exam, TNEA B.Arch Exam, etc., are also available. For the full list of the world’s most popular examinations, see B.Arch Entry Exams.
Mentioned below are the national and state B.Arch Entrance Exams:
|Exam Name||Overview||Application Process||Exam Date|
|NATA Exam 2020||This is considered to be the official BArch entry exam, as stated earlier. Part A is a drawing test, and Part B is a PCM question, and the suitability test is a rational argument. It consists of two parts: Part A and Part B. It is a national online and offline study. Only one year is required for the National Aptitude Architecture Test (NATA) ranking.||To be notified soon||August 01, 2020|
|JEE Main 2021||This test is mainly for entry, but also for B.arch and B.Planning, to the engineering course. NTA conducts the test online and offline. The test does not have any negative marking.||16 December 2020- 16 January 2021||22-26 February 2021|
|AMUEEE 2020||Aligarh Muslim University is conducting this examination for engineering and the B.Arch course. This test is carried out in offline mode.||October 09, 2020||December 1, 2020|
|TS B.Arch Exam||tIn the first week of July, the Telangana State Higher Education Council will provisionally announce information and guidelines for admission to TS B.Arch. According to JEE Main Paper 2 or NATA ranking, admissions to TS B.Arch 2020 will be valid.||July first week, 2020||The second week of August 2020|
|TNEA B.Arch Exam||The B.Arch Admission Program in Tamil Nadu receives an incredible amount of hype per year from architects from various parts of the country as well as around the country. Both the government and Tamil Nadu privately funded institutions offer B.Arch architectural applicants admissions.||To be Announced||To be Announced|
You can secure a spot in an approximate university/college if you start scheduling NATA or some other entrance examination in advance. The exams are composed mainly of five basic sections:
- Logical Justification
- Aptitude General Aptitude
Some exams can also contain general knowledge, and some only include questions relating to physics, chemistry, and mathematics. In all B, questions from Mathematics, Chemistry, and Physics will be posed. Arch entrance exams so that the knowledge of class XII subjects in the subject matter is strong.
Latest News Updates
- Key Takeaways From Education Minister’s Webinar On JEE Main 2021 Examination
- JEE Main 2021: Live Session With Education Minister Extended To December 10th
- Uttarakhand Government To Provide Free Coaching Classes For JEE Aspirants
- JEE Main 2021: Mr Ramesh Pokhriyal Directs NTA to Draft a Fresh Syllabus
- JEE Main 2021 Delayed Till February, JEE Advanced 2021 Syllabus Being Reviewed
List of Top B.Arch Colleges
Some of India’s best B.Arch colleges with their location, total fees, and average salary are shown in the table below:
|India Today Ranking||College Name||Location||Average Total Fees|
|1||IIT Roorkee||Roorkee||INR 10.51 Lakhs|
|2||School of Planning and Architecture||Delhi||INR 5.08 Lakhs|
|3||Sir JJ College of Architecture||Mumbai||INR 68,400|
|4||School of Planning and Architecture||Bhopal||INR 4 Lakhs|
|5||Jamia Millia Islamia||Delhi||INR 55,750|
|6||Birla Institute of Technology Mesra||Ranchi||INR 14.84 Lakhs|
|7||Manipal University||Manipal||INR 18,45 Lakhs|
|8||University of Mysore||Mysuru||INR 7.20 Lakhs|
|9||Jawaharlal Nehru Architecture and Fine Arts University||Hyderabad||INR 50,000|
|10||BMS College of Architecture||Bangalore||INR 20 Lakhs|
|11||School of Planning and Architecture||Vijayawada||INR 2.72 Lakhs|
|12||Sushant School of Art and Architecture, Ansal University||Gurgaon||–|
B.Arch Career Perspective
The architect has very broad opportunities for career development both in the private sector and in the government sector. It is the duty of architectural professionals to reconcile the design format with the practical performance of the design.
After completing this course, you can join a variety of private and government organizations, such as:
|Public Works Department||National Building Organization||National Institute of Urban Affairs||Hindustan Prefab Limited|
|Archaeological Department||Hindustan Aeronautics Limited||Public Service Commission||Urban Development Corporation|
|Ministry of Defence||City Development Corporation||Departments of Railways||Housing Boards|
|Arcop Associates||HBA International||Skets Studio||Sleek International|
|Greenply Industries||Hafele India||C.P. Kukreja Associates||L&T|
|DLF Limited||Jindal’s||IMAXE||Somaya & Kalappa Consultants|
Graduates of B.Arch typically prefer architectural practice, including job description, structural design, collaboration with building processors, urban planning, project finalization, residential and commercial development, etc.
Various Jobs/Roles after B.Arch
He/she can also work as a building engineer, as a structural engineer, and as a land-builder.
|Job Profile||Job Description||Average Salary Offered|
|Design Architect||For example, the Architects designed sculptures and drinking wells for their boss. They chip away from the setup, talk to customers, build and alter design frameworks, and monitor project progress during development.||INR 3.67 Lakhs per annum|
|Project Assistant||In order to help their departments track the finished item or management contributions, project assistants work closely with project managers. Usually, within the business community and across different departments, they promote collaboration and frequently contact the task manager and other colleagues and perform important functions such as refresher plans, schedules, and progress reports.||INR 3.12 Lakhs per annum|
|Project Architect||The project architect arranges the various components of a project and is responsible for the structure of the components, the promotion of plans, production documents, and interviews about the completion of the project with different experts. A draftsman’s duties rely significantly on the size of the mission.||INR 5.97 Lakhs per annum|
|Interior Designer||Interior designers deal more often than not with home or office suppliers. They may even have a company of their own. Interior designers need to be able to create an elegant, practical, and secure environment. They work to enhance the living or working environment.||INR 3.04 Lakhs per annum|
|Urban Planner||Urban planners intend to make the best use of the property and the network foundation. They define financial, ecological, and social trends that help to create land-use arrangements.||INR 5.25 Lakhs per annum|
- There are currently over 800 architectural colleges and over 90,000 accredited architects in India. This is because this career is believed to be creative, full of challenges and this course is selected by students who have a deep interest in the different architectural aspects.
- You will have several positions in both the public and private sectors after this course. We delivered a small brief in the previous chapter.
- You should go for many postgraduate degrees in terms of higher education, including M.Arch (Master of Architecture), MBA (Master of Business Administration), and other approved courses to better the way in the field of architecture.
Last updated on January 12th, 2021 at 11:37 am
Ans: B.Arch Syllabus
|Advanced Visual Representation||Electrical, HVAC, Fire Safety and Building Automation|
|Architectural Design Studio: Urban Context||Introduction to Structures|
|Architectural Design Thesis||Introduction to Urban Design|
|Architecture and Urbanism in Asia||Landforms Survey & Analysis|
Last updated on January 12th, 2021 at 11:38 am
Answer: Candidates must complete their 10+2 Mathematics and English examination as mandatory subjects and achieve at least 50 percent marks in the examination. Those applicants in either stream have a 10+3 year diploma, they may also apply for the B. Arch programme.
Last updated on January 12th, 2021 at 11:39 am
|Job Options||Average Salary|
|Architecture Designer||INR 2.5 to 4 lakh|
|Architecture Engineer||INR 3 to 5 lakh|
|Architectural Assistant||INR 2.4 to 3 lakh|
|Landscape Architect||INR 3 to 4 lakh|
Last updated on January 12th, 2021 at 11:39 am
Answer: It is primarily a practical issue, so projects and tasks are very routine. The stuff surrounding the B are AutoCad, model making, thesis analysis, site- studies, site- visits. Course Bridge. Nevertheless, with hard work and determination, all is attainable.
Last updated on January 12th, 2021 at 11:40 am
Answer: As NATA is considered one of the toughest tests, it must begin to be prepared from school days. Focusing only on the NATA entrance test is one of the best ways to crack the entrance exam.
Last updated on January 12th, 2021 at 11:40 am
Answer: B.Arch is one of the most popular engineering courses and there are lacquers of people applying for B at different entrance tests every year. The Arch Entrance. NATA (National Aptitude Examination for Architecture) and JEE Main are two of the most popular undergraduate entrance exams (Paper-II).
Last updated on January 12th, 2021 at 11:41 am
Answer: The NATA Score is a maximum of 155+. So, in the NATA Test, about 120 or more will be regarded as a successful result.
Last updated on January 12th, 2021 at 11:41 am
Answer: Yes. All Colleges of Architecture take the 12th marks into account, but the weighting varies. Some colleges have a 50-50 weighting system, while all Mumbai Architecture colleges have a 60-40 ratio system where your NATA score is 60 and your 12th board marks are 40.