Last updated on February 3rd, 2021 at 11:52 am
B.Tech in Textile Engineering is a UG course where the learners are taught about the technology, production, and processes linked with the textile industry.
- The entire course duration is 4 years. This course is mainly for the ones who want to understand the basics of textiles and the processes and technology which are in the textile industry sector for design and manufacturing.
- Post the completion of this 4-year course, graduates get a B.Tech Textile Engineering degree and van foray into the engineering sector.
- Students enrolled in this course learn the skills to design unique products at affordable rates. More focus is laid on providing practical knowledge so that students’ concepts get cleared.
B.Tech in Textile Engineering Highlights
|Eligibility||Candidates need to pass the Class 10+2 exam from a recognized board.|
|Admission Process||Entrance Based/ Merit Based|
|Course Fee||INR 50,000-60,000|
|Average Salary||INR 3-4 lakh per annum.|
|Entrance exam||JEE Main, MHT CET, KCET, AP EAMCET, TS EAMCET KEAM, Goa CET, WBJEE, UPSEE, etc.|
|Career option||Textile Engineer, Garment Technologist, Apparel Designer|
|Top recruiting companies||Mysore Silk Factory, Reliance Textiles, Grasim Industries, Bombay Dyeing, Fabindia, JCT Limited, Bhilwara Group, etc.|
Why pursue B.Tech in Textile Engineering?
The growing textile sector has increased the demand for B.Tech graduates who have complete knowledge of this sector.
- B.Tech Textile Engineering is one of the well-known disciplines in the engineering field that offer several opportunities in the growing textile industry.
- Graduates having a B.Tech degree can explore lots of job options ahead. The graduates will be given the responsibility to implement new technologies aimed at boosting the quality of the fabric and boost up the production rates.
- The salary packages differ from company to company. But the graduates can expect a starting salary varying from INR 4-6 lakh per annum.
B.Tech in Textile Engineering Admission Process
General guidelines that all the candidates need to consider while getting admission in B.Tech in Textile Engineering at different colleges in India are as follows:
- Most of the universities or colleges offering B. Tech in textile engineering accepts admission in B.Tech in Textile Engineering based on merit.
- Candidates’ performance in Class 12 and entrance exam will be considered for offering them admission.
- There are also fewer private colleges that consider direct admission for offering admission in B.Tech in Textile Engineering.
Minimum eligibility criteria needed to apply for this course is:
- Candidates must have passed the Class 10+2 exam from a recognized board with at least 45-50% in 12th and must have studied Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry, Bio-Technology, Computer Science or Biology as one of the subjects in class 12th.
B.Tech Textile Engineering Cut Off For Top IITs (JEE Advanced 2020)
IIT Delhi offers B. Tech in Textile Engineering, there are a total of 9 departments under B. Tech program which further offers 12 different specializations. The entire admission process is conducted by JoSAA (Joint Seat Allocation Authority) through which shortlisted candidates based on their scores in JEE Advanced and the merit list is published by JOSAA after every round.
|Institute||Opening Rank||Closing Rank|
B.Tech Textile Engineering Cut Off For Top NITs (JEE Main 2020)
NIT Jalandhar offers a four-year BTech course in Textile Engineering. Admission to this course is given on the candidates’ performance in JEE Main, which is followed by Joint Seat Allocation Authority (JoSAA) Counselling. A category-wise cutoff with opening and closing ranks for the candidates shortlisted for admissions to the B.Tech courses are made each year by the colleges.
|Institute||Opening Rank||Closing Rank|
B.Tech Textile Engineering Syllabus
Textile Engineering means studying engineering, scientific principles, designing and manufacturing of textiles. During this 4-year course, the learners are also taught about the machines that are used to manufacture textiles. Some other subjects that are taught to the students doing this course include mechanical, chemical, electrical and industrial subjects so that students can get a broader knowledge. Post completing the course, the graduates can have a lucrative career in the textile sector and can explore several job opportunities ahead.
The detailed B.Tech Textile Engineering syllabus is mentioned below:
Latest News Updates
- Key Takeaways From Education Minister’s Webinar On JEE Main 2021 Examination
- JEE Main 2021: Live Session With Education Minister Extended To December 10th
- Uttarakhand Government To Provide Free Coaching Classes For JEE Aspirants
- JEE Main 2021: Mr Ramesh Pokhriyal Directs NTA to Draft a Fresh Syllabus
- JEE Main 2021 Delayed Till February, JEE Advanced 2021 Syllabus Being Reviewed
Textile Engineering Syllabus – First Year
|Semester 1||Semester 2|
|Inorganic Chemistry||Organic Chemistry – II|
|Organic Chemistry – I||Analytical Chemistry|
|Applied Mathematics – I||Material & Energy Balance Calculations|
|Applied Physics – I||Applied Mathematics – II|
|Engineering Graphics – I||Applied Physics – II|
|Physics Laboratory||Engineering Applications of Computers|
|Inorganic Chemistry Laboratory||Organic Chemistry Laboratory|
|Organic Chemistry Laboratory||Analytical Chemistry Laboratory|
Textile Engineering Syllabus – Second Year
|Semester 3||Semester 4|
|Engineering Mechanics and Strength of Materials||Transport Phenomena|
|Electrical and Electronics Engineering||Tech. of Textile Pre-treatment|
|Physical Chemistry||Techniques & Theory of Textile Coloration|
|Technology of Yarn & Fabric Mfg||Technology of Fibres II|
|Technology of Fibbers I||Colour Physics & Colour Harmony|
|Technology of Textile Polymers||Textile Pretreatment Lab|
|Electrical and Electronics Engineering Laboratory||Colour Physics Lab|
|Physical Chemistry Laboratory||Fibre Testing & Analysis Lab|
|Analysis of Textile Chemicals|
Textile Engineering Syllabus – Third Year
|Semester 5||Semester 6|
|Chemical Engineering Operations||Instrumentation|
|Chemical Reaction Engineering||The technology of Textile Dyeing & Printing|
|The technology of Finishing I||The technology of Garment Manufacturing|
|The technology of Finishing II||The technology of Non-Woven|
|Chemistry & Application of Specialty Chemicals||Textile Process House Management|
|Testing of Textile Materials||High-tech and Industrial Fibers|
|Experimental Dyeing I||Experiments in Printing|
|Evaluation of Dyes & Specialty Chemicals||Experimental Dyeing II|
|Evaluation of Dyes & Specialty Chemicals|
Textile Engineering Syllabus – Fourth Year
|Semester 7||Semester 8|
|Project Economics||Industrial Management|
|industrial Psychology and Human Resource Management||Design and Analysis of Experiments|
|Environmental Aspects of Textile processes||Merchandising & Designing of Textiles|
|Chemistry of intermediates and dyes||Technology of Garment Processing|
|Emerging Textile Processing Technologies||Testing of Dyes, Chemicals & Auxiliaries|
|Introduction to Technical Textiles||Finishing & Evaluation of Textiles|
|Experiments in Bulk Coloration||Basics of Coloration Technology|
|Lab Testing of Textiles & Garments||Wet Processing of Textiles|
- Check Top IIITs in India: Cut Off, Rankings, Placements
- Cut Off for Undergraduate Courses at IIT Mandi
B.Tech in Textile Engineering Future Scope
Since our country has a huge textile industry so there is much scope for the learners to post doing this course. There are different industries like the polymer industry, cotton industry, silk industry, etc. where you can work post completing this course. Moreover, various established companies look for professional engineers who can easily handle textile manufacturing machines and understand the entire production process.
Some of the options which can be explored post getting a B.Tech textile engineering degree include:
- Process Engineer
- Quality Control Supervisor
- Process Improvement Engineer
- Technical Manager
- Textiles Sales Manager
- Medical Textile Engineer
- Operations Engineer
The salary of a textile engineer is based on the college from where he/she has completed his/her studies. Graduates post completing the course can expect salaries ranging from INR 4 lakh to INR 5 lakh per annum, however, if someone is going for the managing profiles, they can earn up to INR 6 lakh per annum as well.
- JoSAA Counselling for admission into IITs, NITs, IIITs and GFTIs
- IIT Delhi 2020 Cut Off for Undergraduate Programs
B.Tech in Textile Engineering Placement Trends
Textile engineering is a good branch of engineering that comes with good placement opportunities. Among several other renowned institutes, B. Tech in Textile Engineering is offered at the Indian Institute of Technology. IIT Delhi is amongst the best IITs and even the placement ratio here is good. The placement percentage is more than 90% with an average package worth INR 6 to 8 LPA. Some of the multinational companies that look for the B. Tech graduates having specialization in this sector include Adani Group, Wipro, Flipkart, Aditya Birla Group, Raymonds, Hero Moto Corp, etc.
- There are numerous colleges including private and public that offer this program. Some of the colleges that offer B. Tech in Textile Engineering include the Indian Institute of Technology, Bannari Amman Institute of Technology, College of Engineering & Technology, Lovely Professional University, etc.
- The average annual fees at IIT Delhi is INR 2, 24,000. The average salary varies from INR 4L – 6L per annum.
- Some of the companies like Mysore Silk Factory, Grasim Industries, Bombay Dyeing, Reliance Textiles, Fabindia, JCT Limited, etc. offer good opportunities to the graduates post completing the course.
- The average salary offered to the graduates varies from INR 4L – 6L per annum.
B.Tech in Textile Engineering FAQs
Last updated on February 3rd, 2021 at 10:54 am
Ans: Some of the job profiles that offer attractive salaries include Textile Process Engineer, Medical Textile Engineer, Textile Technologists, Quality Control Supervisor, among many others.
Last updated on February 3rd, 2021 at 10:55 am
Ans: Bachelor in Textile Engineering is a UG degree course that deals with the technology, production, and processes linked with the textile industry. The main objective of introducing this course is to offer the best knowledge on machinery and other various technologies deployed in textile engineering.
Last updated on February 3rd, 2021 at 10:55 am
Ans: Some of the top B. Tech Textile Engineering colleges in India include:
- Indian Institute of Technology, New Delhi
- I.K. Gujral Punjab Technical University, Jalandhar
- Bannari Amman Institute of Technology, Sathyamangalam
- Vignan’s Foundation for Science, Technology and Research
- Veermata Jijabai Technological Institute, Mumbai
- Chandigarh University
- NIMS University, Jaipur, etc.
Last updated on February 3rd, 2021 at 10:56 am
Ans: Candidates must have good Communication Skills, must have a creative mind, and the ability to design something new and innovative.
Last updated on February 3rd, 2021 at 10:57 am
Ans: UG course in Textile Engineering is for 4 years, the majority of the universities and institutes follow the semester pattern. Each year is divided into two semesters, so there are a total of 8 semesters in this course.