Last updated on August 16th, 2021
B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering remains as the most opted department of engineering that implicates creation, constructing and undertakings of machines. The purpose of the course persists as to educate learners to pertain to the laws of mechanical engineering for constructing, manufacturing, and supervision of automated systems.
- The candidates who qualified class 12th exam in Science stream-based subjects are eligible for admission in the BE Mechanical Engineering course.
- The universities across India take in students totally based on the entrance tests such as JEE Main and JEE Advanced.
- The institutions also hold various sessions of counselling after the declaration of cutoffs for the year.
- The course of B.Tech Mechanical Engineering remains as one of the elderly streams of engineering. The experts consider Mechanical engineering science as one that shapes the tenets of Engineering, Physics and Materials Science for the layout, examination, building and supervision of mechanical policies.
- It is the department of engineering that pertains for designing, producing, undertaking the machinery with the core areas encompassing Mechanics, Kinematics, Thermodynamics, Material Science, Structural Analysis, Electricity etc.
In this stream, one can find an enormous priority for labouring within a squad, as this remains considerable as a fundamental ability for anyone seeking a career in mechanical engineering.
Mechanical Engineering: Highlights
|Name of the course||B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering|
|Level of the course||Undergraduate|
|Eligibility to pursue the course||All the students applying for the course must have passed the class 12 board examination with science as the primary stream from a recognised board or institute.|
|Type of the exam and course||Semester based|
|Fee payable||INR 3,00,000 to 15,00,000|
|Process of the admission||Entrance and counselling|
|Positions of job recruited||The jobs include:
|Top companies the candidates get recruited in||The companies are:
|Annual average salary||The candidates receive about INR 4,00,000/- to INR 6,00,000/-|
|Duration for completion of the course||Four years|
Why Choose Mechanical Engineering?
A candidate with the expiration to pursue BTech in mechanical engineering must know all the scopes and value of pursuing the course.
- Reputable profession:
- Mechanical Engineering remains as one of the highly demanded areas where qualified graduates exist to be eligible in finding open employment roles instantly.
- The Mechanical Engineering department is also addressed as one of the elderly and greatly respected engineering sectors.
- Every pupil with the fascination to outperform in the area shall discover achievement real soon.
- An average package for a B.Tech Mechanical Engineering graduate shall persist on the elevated aspect for both private and municipal groups.
- The task of a Mechanical Engineering implicates instigating, planning accordingly, encountering and finalizing the mechanical tasks.
- Provided the hierarchy of employment, the wage also remains higher.
- The average package varies from Rs 4,00,000 to Rs 6,00,000.
- Job opportunities:
- A Mechanical Engineer shall be prepared to seek a distinct collection of profession chances.
- There shall be no threshold to academic policies a person chooses.
- A B.Tech mechanical engineering graduate can work in any field such as law, management and also can take part in competitive assessments to obtain an employment opportunity in Government institutions.
- NIT Calicut Fee Structure for Computer Science and Engineering
- Cut Off for Computer Science and Engineering at NIT Patna
How To Get Admission in Mechanical Engineering?
Like for pursuing other engineering courses, students with the aspiration to pursue mechanical engineering must also appear for JEE Main or private college entrance examination to get admitted in the college.
- Phase 1- Registration: During this stage, candidates are required to make an account by filling in fundamental elements such as email-id, phone number, name and etc.
- Phase 2- Application form: Candidates must fill in the application form with all vital elements. One should make sure that all the filled details are accurate and exact.
- Phase 3- Uploading of rightly scanned documents: You must scan and upload every requisite document mentioned by the board such as mark sheets, photograph and signature. Aspirants must make sure that all the documents uploaded must fulfil the specific format specified earlier by the notification.
- Phase 4- Payment of the application fees: Candidates will be required to pay the application fee as specified through an online medium.
- Phase 5 – Downloading of the admit card: The board releases the significant admit cards for all applicants who fulfil all the eligibility criteria. All the candidates shall have to download the admit and get it printed out for the use on the day of the examination.
- Phase 6 – The entrance test: One must make sure to be prepared for the examination by covering complete JEE Main 2021 syllabus and previous year test papers. Make sure to make an appearance in the examination venue on the date announced before the commencement time.
- Phase 7 – Declaration of the results: The commission conducting the exam announces the results one to two weeks past the date of the exam. A candidate successfully qualifying in the entrance assessments shall be eligible to proceed on to the following round of examination.
- Phase 8 – Admission and counselling: The commission holds up several rounds of counselling sessions for the students who successfully cracked all the rounds of the entrance examination.
B.Tech ME Cut Off For Top IITs
For getting admissions in IITs, candidates must qualify JEE Advanced. And the competition for B.Tech in ME in some of the top IITs is so hard that only the top 900 to 1000 candidates are able to secure admissions. Given below are B.Tech in ME Cut Off 2020 – Round 6 (Gender-Neutral) ranks for some of the Top IITs:
|Name of the college||Opening rank||Closing rank|
B.Tech ME Cut Off For Top NITs
NITs across several states of India comes just after IITs and takes in candidates with the highest percentiles and top ranks. A candidate with the aspiration to get admitted in the college must prepare accordingly and aim on scoring the percentile to achieve greater heights. The given cut off ranks are taken from the Round 6 of 2020 counselling.
|Institute||Opening rank||Closing rank|
|NIT Karnataka (Surathkal)||2684||9668|
- List Of Top Colleges Offering B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering
- Cut Off for Undergraduate Courses at IIT Mandi
Future Scope in Mechanical Engineering
- A candidate once graduated in mechanical engineering can work in any relevant field across the world such as governmental jobs, defence, banks, business startups, etc.
- Both governmental and private sectors shall accept graduates of B.Tech mechanical engineering.
|Name of the position||Description of the job||Duration or period of the job||Average annual wage provided|
|Assistant mechanic||Make sure to accomplish assignments, helping the technicians to rehabilitation, operate and renovate the automobiles.||Depends on the workload and the firm.||INR 4,50,000/-|
|Design Engineer||To study and formulate notions for modern commodities. They furthermore practice enhancing the achievement and profits of prevailing commodities.||Depends on the workload and the firm.||INR 4,00,000/-|
|Mechanical Engineers||To generate specifications, to aim, formulate, trade and establish modern or modified automatic elements or networks.||Depends on the workload and the firm.||INR 4,75,000/-|
|Quality Control executive||Oversees the staff and supervises the development of the products and methods to assure that the commodities fulfil the quality check and their standardised efficiency.||Depends on the workload and the firm.||INR 5,00,000/-|
|Lecturer/professor||Must work on improving the proficiency of students in topics associated with Mechanical Engineering.||Depends on the workload and the firm.||INR 4,20,000/-|
B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering FAQs
Last updated on November 25th, 2020
Ans: Yes, a very few among a lot of colleges take in students based on the merit and their scores in class 12 board examinations.
Last updated on November 25th, 2020
Ans: IITs across several states of India admit candidates based on their ranks and percentiles in JEE Advanced examination.