Last updated on February 1st, 2021 at 03:34 pm
B.Tech in Instrumentation Engineering is acknowledged as one of the most advanced engineering branches. It is primarily concerned with the measurement and regulation of the flow of charge in automated systems.
- The course is designed to understand the architecture and control of automatic systems. It also encompasses subjects such as material science, signal handling, statistics, optics, etc. Instrument manufacturing is an important part of the automated systems industry.
- This course also includes studying various engineering cycles and procedures to help students understand the different aspects of industrial processes.
- Applicants can take on roles in the core technical sector and in the management sector because of the skills they have acquired during their courses.
- The average tuition fee of B.Tech Instrumentation Engineering course is INR 4,00,000 to INR 10,00,000. The average salary offered to the graduates in this field is INR 3.5 to 6 LPA.
Instrumentation Engineering: Highlights
|Eligibility||10+2 qualifying applicants from any recognized board required in the fields of physics, chemistry, and mathematics|
|Average Fee||INR 4,00,000 to INR 10,00,000|
|Average Salary||INR 3.5 to 6 LPA|
|Admission Criteria||Merit-based and entrance test based by various universities to avail scholarships and admission.(IMU CET, JEE Mains, JEE Advanced, SRMJEE, LPU NEST)|
Why choose Instrumentation Engineering?
System monitoring and regulation by instrumentation engineering graduates. Many of these engineers are responsible for the equipment we have at home or at work. In the early 1970s, the current was branched out of all other streams of electrical and electronic technology because it differed from all other general streams.
- Instrumentation Engineering graduates in industrial applications work to improve performance, reliability, safety, optimization, and stability. These industries should have automated processes that improve the above-mentioned qualities.
- Applicants who are studying instrumentation technologies learn about the integration of sensors in the framework of recorders, transmitters, displays, and control systems. They will need to assess if these devices are properly calibrated if they are functioning properly, if they are being verified and whether they are being maintained for future use.
- Some of the instruments developed by instrumental engineers include blood glucose monitoring, aircraft sensors, and smoke detectors. They also develop electrocardiograph monitors and scanners. They can also be used as an important part of aircraft programs.
- The employment of graduates in instrumental engineering can not only be limited to engineering companies but may also be part of the defence, biomedical companies, etc.
- NIT Manipur: Admission Process via JEE Main, Cut Off, and more
- IIT Kharagpur Fee Structure For B.Tech Admission 2020-21
- IIT Roorkee Fee Structure For B.Tech Admission 2020-21
Instrumentation Engineering Admission Process
- Applicants for instrumentation engineering had to pass 10+2 examinations or some equivalent test by the State or Central Board of Appeal with 65 percent of the marks (relaxable for the category reserved). In addition, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, and English must be the primary subjects in class 12 or the corresponding examination.
- The applicant must also comply with the individual standards of the college for admission in accordance with the criteria set out above.
- A certificate of reservation issued by the competent authorities for the benefit of the reserved category candidates must be submitted.
- The Institute will be admitted on the basis of the Common Eligibility Test (CET) (like JEE Main, UPSEE, WBJEE, and OJEE).
B.Tech Instrumentation Engineering Cut Off For Top IITs (JEE Advanced 2020)
|Institute||Opening – Closing Rank|
|IIT Dhanbad||5352 – 7070|
B.Tech Instrumentation Engineering Cut Off For Top NITs (JEE Main 2020)
|Institute Name||Home State (Closing Rank)||Other State (Closing Rank)|
Instrumentation Engineering Syllabus
IE Syllabus: First Year
|Semester I||Semester II|
|Professional Communication||Environmental Studies|
|Fundamentals of Mechanical Engineering||Engineering Mathematics – 1|
|Engineering Physics||Engineering Chemistry|
|Fundamentals of Electrical Engineering||Technical Communication|
|Engineering Drawing||Fundamentals of Electronics Engineering|
|Fundamentals of Computer|
IE Syllabus: Second Year
|Semester III||Semester IV|
|Basics of Industrial Sociology, Economics, and Management||Engineering Mathematics – 3|
|Power Electronics – 1||Linear Integrated Circuits|
|Measurement Techniques and Theory of Errors||Microprocessor|
|Transducers and Applications||Control System Components|
|Network Analysis||Digital Techniques|
|Computer Organization||Electrical Machines|
Latest News Updates
- Key Takeaways From Education Minister’s Webinar On JEE Main 2021 Examination
- JEE Main 2021: Live Session With Education Minister Extended To December 10th
- Uttarakhand Government To Provide Free Coaching Classes For JEE Aspirants
- JEE Main 2021: Mr Ramesh Pokhriyal Directs NTA to Draft a Fresh Syllabus
- JEE Main 2021 Delayed Till February, JEE Advanced 2021 Syllabus Being Reviewed
IE Syllabus: Third Year
|Semester V||Semester VI|
|Microcontroller and Embedded Systems||Power Electronics – 2|
|Project Work/ Industrial Training – 1||Signals and Systems|
|Linear Automatic Control System||Analytical Instrumentation|
|Communication Engineering||Communication Systems|
|Microprocessor-Based Instrumentation||Instrument and System Design|
|Fuzzy Logic Control||Digital Signal Processing|
IE Syllabus: Fourth Year
|Semester VII||Semester VIII|
|Biomedical Instrumentation||Advanced Process Dynamics and Control|
|Industrial Training – 2||Simulation|
|Computer Graphics and CAD-CAM||Elective – 2|
|Project||Project Planning Estimation and Assessment|
|Engineering Materials||Elective – 1|
|Industrial Process Control|
- NIT Trichy: Courses Offered, Admissions via JEE Main, Placements and More
- NIT Patna Cut Off: JEE Main Opening and Closing Ranks
Instrumentation Engineering Placement Trends
Instrumentation Engineers Design, production, installation, and maintenance of equipment for monitoring and controlling engineering process systems. Its role is to ensure the reliability, performance, and safety of such systems.
- They usually work in the industrial sectors, manufacturing automation, oil and gas, chemical, biomedical, construction, automotive, transport, etc.
- Their profiles range from a repair engineer to a lecturer. Instrumentation Engineers may make good use of their skills in a wide range of industries.
- With India’s economy and foreign investment growing rapidly, the country is facing an unprecedented need for qualified instrumentation and control technicians to provide a bright and bright future for instrumentation engineers.
Some of the work profiles in which instrumentation engineers work after graduation are described below.
|Instrumentation Technologist||Instrument technicians are experts in the field of measurement and control who conduct reliable work. Inspect, test, repair, and change systems to track, measure and record progress in industrial environments.|
|Instrument Designers||In a wide variety of industries, a tool designer may work from the petroleum and gas industries to the development and design of musical instruments. Device designers may create new tools or methods of use, such as cables and electrical systems, for building and manufacturing purposes.|
|Maintenance Personal||The act or method of maintaining self-preservation machines, in particular: the act or mechanism of caring for and taking care of yourself. Men need a thin, handy pair of scissors for a little home self-preservation.|
|Commissioning Technologist||Commissioning engineers shall ensure proper planning, installation, testing, and maintenance of all aspects of a building or construction project. The works include troubleshooting, tracking progress, testing, performing audits, helping financial changes, writing reports, and assisting customers.|
|Technician||a person whose work involves practical skills, especially in industry or science|
|Testing Professional||Professional testing is testing by someone in a testing role, for a client at some time, for some project which might.|
|Process Control Engineer||The efficiency, safety, and productivity of the control system at the production plants are designed and managed by process control engineers. Typically, this is full-time work and process control technicians work with other engineers as part of a team.|
|Professor||The knowledge of the subject will be taught by a computer science instructor or professor. The thesis will also include educating students on the nuances of computer applications and designs applicable to the field.|
|Research Analyst||Research analysts conduct surveys, collect data, and conduct research on the Internet.|
B.Tech IE is a 4-year undergraduate course in electrical and electronics engineering, The required eligibility for this course requires the passing of classes 12/secondary exams with a minimum mark of 50 percent in physics, mathematics, and English.
- INR 2 to 10 lakhs is the average school fees for this course.
- In the field of Instrumentation Engineering, B.Tech offers many opportunities. It provides students with a broad variety of profiles to build ideas for themselves. An instrument and control engineer may advance by gaining experience in a specific subdomain in each sector. It’s an interdisciplinary field of study. After completing their studies, students can also obtain a Master of Instrumentation and Controlling Engineering which offers several academic development opportunities.
- A fresher can expect an annual salary between INR 1.5 – 3.5 lakes that will only increase with industry experience. A student may take an MTech degree or an MBA course that will result in a higher MBA salary for a higher degree.