Last updated on February 3rd, 2021 at 04:54 pm
B.Tech is one of the most popular study programs in India and the world. It is a four-year degree program that includes a total of 8 semesters. The main objective of B.Tech in Electronics Engineering is to equip students with the necessary core competency to succeed in a long-term career in engineering or entrepreneurship after completion of the study program.
- Electronics Engineering involves research, design, development, and testing of equipment used in various electronics-based systems. It also includes communication technology.
- Electronics Engineering deals with the study of microprocessors, analog, and digital circuits, network theory, transmission channel, analog integrated circuits, satellite communication, propagation of signal and waves, antennae, etc.
- It also includes the study of the manufacturing of electronic devices, circuits, and other analog and digital communication equipment.
- In our country, various colleges and educational institutions offer courses in Electronics engineering. The courses are offered in various categories like diploma courses, UG degree courses, PG courses, Ph.D. doctoral courses, etc.
- Check Top NITs JEE Main Cut Off Ranks 2019
- List Of Top Colleges Offering B.Tech
- Cut Off for Undergraduate Courses at IIT Mandi
B.Tech in Electronics Engineering: Highlights
|Name of the course||Bachelor of Technology in Electronics Engineering|
|Course category||Undergraduate (UG)|
|Duration of Course||4 years|
|Eligibility criteria for admission||10+2 or its equivalent with Physics, Chemistry, Maths|
|Admission process||Based on marks scored in entrance exams|
|Course curriculum||Semester based (8 semesters)|
|Average Annual Fees||Nearly 70,000 to 2,50,000 INR|
|Average salary offered after completion of course||Nearly 3,00,000 to 6,00,000 INR|
|Job opportunities||Quality Assurance Engineer, Embedded Systems Engineer, Graduate Engineer Trainee, Communication engineer, etc.|
|Areas of employment||The electronics industry, Digital sector, Communication industry, software industry, IT professionals, etc.|
- Career Options after JEE Main
- Top Engineering Colleges in India
- IIT Bombay Placements Report and Summer Internship Programs
B.Tech in Electronics Engineering: Eligibility For Admissions
The eligibility required for admission in the B.Tech study program varies from college to college. But the required eligibility details are as follows :
- Candidates must pass 12th class examination with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics as a compulsory subject. The minimum marks in the 12th class should be 50%.
- To get admission through JEE Main or JEE Advanced, candidates must have a valid score card and marks as per the requirement of the college. The percentage of the 12th class should be 75%.
- There are various entrance exams organized for B.Tech admission in India but some of the popular entrance exams are JEE Main, JEE Advanced, BITSAT, MHTCET, AMUEEE.
Bachelors in Electronics Engineering: Admission Process
Steps to be followed for getting admission in B.Tech (Electronics Engineering) course are as follows:
- First the candidates must appear in entrance exams like JEE mains, BITSAT, MAHCET, AMUEEE, etc., and have valid scores as per the requirement of a particular college.
- Then register for the online seat allotment process (e-counseling). Registration is mandatory to participate in online counseling.
- After the registration for counseling, candidates must do the choice filling of colleges where they want to get admission. But the candidates should choose college preference in choice filling round very carefully according to their marks and another requirement.
- After the locking of the form the counseling of seat allocation starts. The seats are allotted on the based India Rank (AIR) and marks in the entrance exam.
- Once the seats are allotted to the candidates they can report on the date mentioned in the allotment letter.
- In the reporting institution, candidates must go with all the original documents for the verification process. Following are the list of documents required for admission process :
Scorecard of entrance exam with AIR mentioned on it.
Admit card of entrance exam
Marksheet of 10th and 12th class
Identity proof and address proof (Aadhar card, Voter ID card, PAN card, etc.)
Domicile certificate, Caste certificate (if applicable), Income certificate, Medical certificate.
- NIT Trichy: Courses Offered, Admissions via JEE Main, Placements and More
- NIT Patna Cut Off: JEE Main Opening and Closing Ranks
- IIT Palakkad: Admissions via JEE Advanced, Cut Off, Scholarships, Placements and More
B.Tech in Electronics Engineering Cut Off For Top IITs (JEE Advanced 2020)
|Institute||Opening Rank||Closing Rank|
Latest News Updates
- Key Takeaways From Education Minister’s Webinar On JEE Main 2021 Examination
- JEE Main 2021: Live Session With Education Minister Extended To December 10th
- Uttarakhand Government To Provide Free Coaching Classes For JEE Aspirants
- JEE Main 2021: Mr Ramesh Pokhriyal Directs NTA to Draft a Fresh Syllabus
- JEE Main 2021 Delayed Till February, JEE Advanced 2021 Syllabus Being Reviewed
B.Tech in Electronics Engineering Syllabus
B.Tech in Electronics engineering is a four-year course including 8 semesters. The syllabus and subjects according to semesters are as follows, but it may vary with college and university wise.
Electronics Engineering Syllabus – First Year
|Semester I||Semester II|
|Engineering Physics||Basic Electronics and Communication engineering|
|Engineering Chemistry||Basic mechanical engineering|
|Basic Civil engineering and engg. Mechanics||Engineering Graphics|
|Engineering Mathematics – I||Engineering Mathematics – II|
|Programming in C language and data structure||Environmental studies|
|Computer Laboratory||Engineering Physics Lab|
|Computer-aided engineering design||Engineering Chemistry Lab|
Electronics Engineering Syllabus – Second Year
|Semester III||Semester IV|
|Network Analysis||Engineering Mathematics – IV|
|Analog Electronic Circuits||Control Systems|
|Engineering Mathematics – III||Signals and systems|
|Electronics Instrumentation||Microcontrollers Lab|
|Logic Design Lab||Linear IC’s and its application|
|Analog Electronics Lab||Fundamentals of HDL|
|Field theory||HDL Lab|
|Short term Internship||–|
Electronics Engineering Syllabus – Third Year
|Semester V||Semester VI|
|Analog Communication||Digital communication|
|Digital Signal Processing||Antennas and propagation|
|Management and Entrepreneurship||Microprocessors|
|Information theory and coding||Microelectronics Circuits|
|VLSI||Advanced communication Lab|
|DSP Lab EC||Operating Systems|
|Fundamentals of CMOS||Microprocessors Lab|
Electronics Engineering Syllabus – Fourth Year
|Semester VII||Semester VIII|
|Power Electronics||Digital Switching Systems|
|Optical Fiber Communication||Wireless Communication|
|Computer Communication Networks||Project Work|
|Embedded system design||Seminar and presentation|
|Power Electronics Lab||–|
- JEE Main Marks vs Ranks
- Admission in B.Tech at IIT Kanpur
- NIT Surathkal Fee Structure for B.Tech Admissions 2020-21
- NIT Rourkela Fee Structure for B.Tech Admissions 2020-21
B.Tech in Electronics Engineering Future Scope
After completing B.Tech in Electronics Engineering various career opportunities are available. The present time is a time of technological revolution. Every person uses technology to make their work easier and efficient. The students can go to the government, public and private sectors after completing graduation in Electronics engineering.
Here are some important sectors and major recruiters for Electronics engineering students :
- Government Sector: Some of the major recruiters of Electronics engineering students are as follows:
- Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO).
- Electronics Corporation of India Limited (ECIL)
- Defence Research and Development Organization (DRDO)
- Bhabha Atomic Research Center(BARC).
- Bharat Electronics Limited (BEL).
- Defence Electronics and Research Laboratory(DERL)
- Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (BHEL)
- Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL)
- Teaching profession
- Private Sector:
- HCL Technologies
- Samsung Electronics
- Wipro, TCS, IBM, etc.
- Texas Instruments
- Intel Corporation
- Hewlett Packard (HP)
- Philips Semiconductors
- Cisco systems.
The students can be placed in top companies through campus placement drives organized by the college. The students can also appear in the open campus placement drive.
In the present context, Electronics industries are growing faster. Most of the students also choose electronics engineering as a career option. Due to the remarkable initiatives of the government of India, the electronics sector in the country provides strength to the economy of the country. Digitalization makes everything easier and makes the system efficient. Now students prefer to research in the field of electronics to make their career bright. As a result, our country becomes powerful in electronics development and efficient in the world. Due to the use of electronics, human life becomes easier and more comfortable.