Last updated on January 11th, 2021 at 05:56 pm
B.Tech Biotechnology is an undergraduate engineering course within the spectrum of engineering. The duration of the course is 4 years which contains 8 semesters, the course plays a serious emphasis on the Biotechnology subject as an entire.
- Biotechnology engineering is a field of applied biology and chemical engineering principles that includes the utilization of living organisms in engineering, technology, medicine, and other useful applications.
- B.Tech Biotechnology Syllabus is meant to reinforce students with problem-solving ability by providing them fundamental engineering subjects and apply an equivalent in research and development of Biotechnical equipment which is widely utilized in medical and pharmaceutical fields.
- The course also provides major insights into biological components, chemical activities of organisms, and bioinformatics involved in basic Biotechnology engineering and research studies.
- Admission to the course is usually offered on the idea of scores obtained in JEE Main or JEE Advanced. The average fees for BTech in Biotechnology ranges from INR 1,20,000 to INR 10,50,000 depending upon the institute of choice.
- The average placement package received by the scholars after completing this course is INR 5 lakh once a year.
After taking this course, the candidates are going to be ready to add Colleges & Universities, Medical Schools, Government Labs, Pharmaceutical Companies, Chemical Factories, etc. Students have the choice of doing an MBA after graduation which can allow the scholar to earn high MBA Salary with good job satisfaction
B.Tech in Biotechnology: Highlights
|Full form||Bachelor of Technology in Biotechnology|
|Duration||Course duration of Bachelor of Technology in Biotechnology 4 Years|
|Average fees incurred||2 Lakhs per annum|
|Average salary offered||4.6 Lakhs per annum|
|Placement Opportunities||Wipro technologies ltd., Biocon, Amazon.com INC, HCL Technologies, IT Consultant, Tata Consultant, Infosys Ltd.|
|Employment roles||Research Scientist, Business Development executive, Senior Software Engineer, IT Consultant, Research Associate etc.|
- IIT Dhanbad 2020 Opening and Closing Ranks
- IIT Kanpur Placement Report and Summer Internship Programs
The greatest advantage of selecting Biotechnology is that the enormous potential to grow. The sector of scientific researchers is growing a day fuelled by the will of citizenry to develop solutions to the old and newer problem.
- The recent surveys and analyses are considerably within the favor of execs in Biotechnology as Astronauts and natural science professionals to seek out the traces of living beings in space.
- The existence of such creatures for the world ecosystem will open up plenty of Jobs and Research opportunities for the globally accepted professionals pursuing the Biotechnology course. A candidate who possesses the mixture of right skills features a huge scope to grow within the field of Biotechnology.
- This course equips the scholars with the required skills required within the research and application field. Its curriculum is meant in such a way which helps the scholars to become reflective individuals, empowered to satisfy the challenges and wide-ranging career.
- NIT Surathkal Fee Structure for B.Tech Admissions 2020-21
- NIT Durgapur Cut Off: JEE Main Opening and Closing Ranks
B.Tech in Biotechnology Admission Process
The aspirants of the B.Tech Biotechnology course can appear for a good range of entrance exams that are conducted by a number of the national testing agencies and a few of the private universities/colleges that are conducting the exams, the exams that are conducted are listed below:
- JEE Main- Joint entrance examination Main
- JEE Advanced- Joint entrance examination Advanced
- WBJEE- West Bengal Joint entrance exam
- KCET- Karnataka Common Entrance Test
- UPSEE- Uttar Pradesh State entrance examination
The admission procedure varies from institute to institute. Some institutes intake students on the idea of merit and prepare a cut-off list. There are colleges which conduct their own entrance examination for the admission purpose.
- Candidates who are applying for the B.tech Biotechnology Engineering program should beforehand have their results from the respective Entrance Exams required by the selected Universities.
- Most of the Universities/Colleges conduct a standard entrance test for admission into B.Tech courses (like BITS, HITS) or take admissions through commonly held B.Tech Entrance Exams like JEE Main. Applicants need to clear these exams (for which they ought to be eligible to appear) so as to urge admission within the course. Aside from qualifying, students also are expected to secure good ranks to urge into premium institutes of India.
- IIEST Shibpur Cut Off: JEE Main Opening and Closing Ranks
- NIELIT Aurangabad: Admissions via JEE Main, Cut-Offs, Scholarship and more
B.Tech Biotechnology Cut Off For Top IITs (JEE Advanced 2019)
|Name of Institutes||Category||Male||Female|
B.Tech Biotechnology Cut Off For Top NITs (JEE Main 2019)
|Name of the college||All India|
B.Tech in Biotechnology Syllabus
Biotechnology Syllabus – First Year
|Semester 1||Semester 2|
|· English· Physics
· Engineering Mechanics
· Personality Development I
· NCC / NSS / NSO & YOGA (Elective)
· Physics Lab
· Chemistry Lab
· Engineering Graphics
· Workshop Practice
|· Value Education· Principles of Environmental Science
· Electronic Devices
· Basics of C programming
· Mathematics II
· Personality Development II
· Computer Lab
· Workshop Practice
· Electronic Devices Lab
· Electrical Machines Lab
· Materials Science
Biotechnology Syllabus – Second Year
|Semester 3||Semester 4|
|· German or Japanese or French Language I· Mathematics III
· Fluid Mechanics
· Basic Biochemistry
· Digital Systems
· Circuits & Networks
· Personality Development III
· Electric and Electronic Circuits Lab
· Fluid Mechanics Lab
· Digital Systems Lab
|· German or Japanese or French Language II· Probability and Random Process
· Sensors and Measuring Techniques
· Basic Human Anatomy and Physiology
· Linear Integrated Circuits
· Bio Analytical Techniques
· Signals and Systems
· Biochemistry Lab
· Linear Integrated Circuits Lab
· Sensors and Measurements Lab
Biotechnology Syllabus – Third Year
|Semester 5||Semester 6|
|· Engineering Economics and Management· Control Systems
· Principles of Communication Engineering
· Introduction to Medical Physics
· Microprocessors and Microcontrollers
· Biomedical Instrumentation Elective- I
· Personality Development IV
· Biomedical Instrumentation Lab
· Industrial Training I
· Microprocessor and Microcontroller Lab
· Comprehension I
|· Medical Imaging Techniques· Bio-Signal Processing I
· Basic Pathology and Basic Microbiology
· Biomaterials and Artificial Organs
· Diagnostic Ultrasound in Medicine
· Bio- Signal Processing Lab
· Pathology and Microbiology Lab
· Comprehension II
· Personality Development V
· Computer skills
Biotechnology Syllabus – Fourth Year
|Semester 7||Semester 8|
|· Medical Image Processing· Diagnostic and Therapeutic Equipment
· Virtual Instrumentation
· Elective III Elective II
· Medical Image Processing Lab
· Virtual Instrumentation Lab
· Industrial Training II
|· Elective IV· Elective V
· Project Work
· Advanced Biochemistry Bio-Signal Processing II
· Elective VI
· Advanced Medical Physics
- IIIT Una: Admission through JEE Main, Cut Off, Placements, Scholarships and More
- IIITM Gwalior Cut Off for JEE Main
Latest News Updates
- Key Takeaways From Education Minister’s Webinar On JEE Main 2021 Examination
- JEE Main 2021: Live Session With Education Minister Extended To December 10th
- Uttarakhand Government To Provide Free Coaching Classes For JEE Aspirants
- JEE Main 2021: Mr Ramesh Pokhriyal Directs NTA to Draft a Fresh Syllabus
- JEE Main 2021 Delayed Till February, JEE Advanced 2021 Syllabus Being Reviewed
B.Tech in Biotechnology Future Scope
They are hired for the main projects by the government or private firms, to present their findings to the general public on topics like medicinal robotics, bioinformatics, agricultural Biotechnology, bio-fertilizers, national bioresource development, plant biology, and marine Biotechnology. A number of the b tech Biotechnology jobs that the candidates are recruited are:
- Biological Science Specialist
- Project Manager
- Quality assurance engineer
Owing to the greater need for development in biotechnological components across various domains there are numerous government jobs for b tech Biotechnology that are open for the candidates but are subject to heavy competition from graduates across the country.
Difference between B.Sc. Biotechnology and B.Tech Biotechnology
There are few differences between Biotechnology and B.Tech in Biotechnology
- B.Sc. Biotechnology is a highly interdisciplinary field that mixes biological sciences with engineering technologies to control living organisms and biological systems to supply products that advance healthcare, medicine, agriculture, food, pharmaceuticals and environment control. A number of the simplest innovations and developments that have begun in Biotechnology are: genomic sequencing technology, natural alternatives to pesticides, production of biofuels and developments in stem cells technology.
- B.Tech degree in Biotechnology encompasses both the biological sciences also as engineering aspects of Biotechnology. The B.Tech curriculum covers life sciences subjects like Microbiology, biology, Genetics, Cell Biology etc. and engineering subjects like Bioprocess Engineering, Biochemical Engineering, Thermodynamics, and Mass Transfer etc
B.Tech in Biotechnology Placement Trends
The graduates of this course are paid consistent with their job role and therefore the organization they add. Biotech Engineers in government projects are often paid a touch above private projects since their job is completely supported by constant research. The graduates of the B.Tech Biotechnology have job opportunities in various sectors that are associated with the pharmacy and life science sectors, a number of the roles that are available for the candidates are listed below:
- Biomedical Assistant
- Biomedical Engineer
- Pharmaceutical Engineer
- Pharmaceutical Associate
- Chemical Associate
- R&D Executive
- Biological Research Assistant
This course equips the scholars with the required skills required within the research and application field. B.Tech Biotechnology scope is not confined rather it’s so vast that applicants can easily venture into any stream with ease. The existence of such creatures for the world ecosystem will open up plenty of Jobs and Research opportunities for the globally accepted professionals pursuing the Biotechnology course. A candidate who possesses the mixture of right skills features a huge scope to grow within the field of Biotechnology.
- JoSAA Counselling for admission into IITs, NITs, IIITs and GFTIs
- IIT Delhi 2020 Cut Off for Undergraduate Programs
B.Tech in Biotechnology FAQs
Last updated on January 11th, 2021 at 05:28 pm
The B.Tech Biotechnology course duration is simply like every engineering course of 4 years and it’s divided into 8 semesters of study.
Last updated on January 11th, 2021 at 05:29 pm
The admission procedure varies from institute to institute. Some institutes intake students on the idea of merit and prepare a cut-off list. The IITs consider students who have attempted the JEE Main exam which incorporates the themes physics, chemistry, and arithmetic. There are colleges which conduct their own entrance examination for the admission purpose. Physics, Chemistry, and Biology is the main requirement for admission within the course.
Last updated on January 11th, 2021 at 05:29 pm
They are hired for the main projects by the government or private firms, to present their findings to the general public on topics like medicinal robotics, bioinformatics, agricultural Biotechnology, bio-fertilizers, national bioresource development, plant biology, and marine Biotechnology.