Last updated on January 18th, 2021 at 06:05 pm
B.Tech Agricultural Engineering and Food Engineering is a UG or Undergraduate course which is of an overall of 4 years, separated into 8 semesters. Through this course, the aspirants are given a subject of the particular concept of Agriculture and Food Engineering within the complex practical and theoretical experience and knowledge of Agriculture and Food Engineering concepts.
- The aspirants who have a crack 12th exam or any equivalent degree in any Science stream can pursue a program in B.Tech Agriculture and Food Engineering.
- The many areas of concepts that are associated with the B.Tech in Agriculture and Food Engineering program cover food processing technology in food production, machinery and agricultural processes, etc.
- The selection of students for admission to the course of B.Tech Agriculture and Food Engineering curriculum is completed either through direct admission or through a national level entrance test such as JEE Main.
- The maximum course fee for B.Tech agriculture and Food Engineering ranges wherever in between 50K to 2 lakh based on the type of College.
- NIT Silchar: Admission via JEE Main, Cut Off, Fee Structure and More
- IIITs in India: NIRF Ranking, Courses, Fees and More
B.Tech in Agriculture and Food Engineering Highlights
|Name of the course||Agriculture and Food Engineering|
|Duration of the course||Four years|
|Eligibility for this course||10+2 passed with an average of 50% marks in PCM as main subjects.|
|Average entry-level salary||INR 3 lakh to 5 LPA|
|Average Course fee||INR 4 lakh to 8 LPA|
|Admission Criteria||Merit-Based and Entrance test|
|Exam Type||Per Semester|
- IIIT Allahabad: Admission through JEE Main, Cut Off, Fee Structure, Courses and More
- IIIT Lucknow Cut Off for JEE Main
The goals of B.Tech Agriculture and food engineering are not combated with the difficulties relating to food from an engineering view. Food Engineering gives effective utilization of food prospective, minimizes damage to the inherent nutritional demand of food. Agriculture and food engineering gives development and research engineering which integrates basic information with an application to utilize the method of technology and science more important.
Agriculture aspirants create food that is flavorsome and very safe with the best physical texture. Food Engineering includes the topic of food microbiology like Dairy plant engineering, Food processing, Computer skills, Food packing technology, Food fermentation technology, Food industry waste management, Food plant and hazard analysis, and Baker and confectionery technology. So, you can choose Agriculture and Food engineering.
B.Tech in Agriculture and Food Engineering Admission Process
While some institutes offer admission to B.Tech Agriculture and Food Engineering course depending on merit obtained by the candidate in JEE Main and some of the institutes also conduct their own entrance test for testing the capacity and eligibility of the candidate for admission.
- Admission is based on the merit obtained by the candidates in the entrance test. The selected students are called for the college level test in which their proficiency in terms of Intermediate level Math, Science, Reasoning, and Aptitude are evaluated.
- Depending on the performance of the candidate in the entrance test, the passed aspirants are called for the PI (Personal Interview) round associated by the institutes.
- Admission is based on the overall marks obtained by the candidate in the entrance test and the personal interview round the selected students are offered admission to the program.
- NIT Goa Placements and Internship Opportunities
- IIIT Sonepat: Admission via JEE Main, Cut Off, Courses, Facilities and More
B.Tech in Agriculture and Food Engineering Cut Off (JEE Main)
JEE Advanced cut off will be various from average qualifying marks accepted for ranking. Each college will publish its distinct opening & closing ranks to offer admission. Here, we have given the opening and closing ranks for different IITs:
|Institute||Opening Rank||Closing Rank|
B.Tech in Agriculture and Food Engineering Syllabus
The curriculum of food engineering is of 4 years duration. B.Tech Food engineering syllabus has overall 8 semesters. This year is separated into 2 semesters. The plan of assessment of this course involves marks in practical and theory exams. The exam took place in a year.
The Syllabus for B.Tech Food Engineering associated some major topics and some basic topics important to this course. Some of these best topics are explained below:
Agriculture and Food Engineering- First Year
|Semester I||Semester II|
|Engineering Mechanics||Mathematics 2|
|Engineering Drawing||Science of Soils|
|Engineering Chemistry 1||Engineering Mechanics|
|Mathematics 1||Engineering Physics 2|
|Basic of Agricultural Engineering||Physical Chemistry|
|Engineering Physics 1||Horticulture and Field Crops|
Agriculture and Food Engineering- Second Year
|Semester III||Semester IV|
|Statistical Methods||Farm Machinery|
|Agricultural Process in Industries||Soil Physics|
|Surveying and Labelling Methods||Unit Operations in Food Technology|
|Open Elective||Open Elective|
Agriculture and Food Engineering- Third Year
|Semester V||Semester VI|
|Tools and Control of Machines||Bio-Agricultural|
|Air Conditioning and Refrigerating||Operation Research|
|Open Elective||Crop Processing Engineering|
|Environmental Studies||Tractors and Power Units|
Agriculture and Food Engineering- Fourth Year
|Semester VII||Semester VIII|
|Open Elective II||Open Elective IV|
|Open Elective III||Open Elective V|
|Project||Agricultural processing Technology|
- IIIT Una: Admission through JEE Main, Cut Off, Placements, Scholarships and More
- NIT Kurukshetra Cut Off for JEE Main
Latest News Updates
- Key Takeaways From Education Minister’s Webinar On JEE Main 2021 Examination
- JEE Main 2021: Live Session With Education Minister Extended To December 10th
- Uttarakhand Government To Provide Free Coaching Classes For JEE Aspirants
- JEE Main 2021: Mr Ramesh Pokhriyal Directs NTA to Draft a Fresh Syllabus
- JEE Main 2021 Delayed Till February, JEE Advanced 2021 Syllabus Being Reviewed
B.Tech in Agriculture and Food Engineering Future Scope
B.Tech Food engineering students’ work is to transfer technical information important to the cost-effective commercialization and production of food services and products. Food engineering graduates can do jobs in many areas with various profiles. They can do a job in food machinery, food processing, food packing, manufacturing, ingredients, instrumentation, and control. Companies that manufacture and build food processing plants, government agencies, consulting, pharmaceutical companies, and healthcare firms also employ food engineers.
Quality Managers: The job of the quality supervisor or manager is to guarantee the food items you consume are protected and to the standard set by the organization or companies and government. Quality confirmation managers should have cutting edge scientific aptitudes, the capacity to distinguish issues in items, a sharp eye for subtleties, and predictable investigation on quality-related issues.
Production Manager: The job of the production and creation director is to oversee the production line on which production takes place. The obligation of the production manager is to design and sort out the production timetable to do practical production. Production chief audit execution of the employees.
Purchase manager: The job of the Purchase manager is to purchase the best quality gear, products, and administrations, at the most serious costs. With powerful exchange, systems administration, and managing quantities of sellers, buying supervisors can help a business or association set aside cash and increment benefits.
Food Packaging Managers/Technologists: The job of the Food Packaging chief is the innovative work of new food bundling frameworks and filling hardware.
Following are the best companies in India that hire B.Tech Food Engineers:
- ITC Limited
- Parley India Ltd.
- Hindustan Lever Limited
- Cadbury India Ltd.
- Godrej India Ltd.
- PepsiCo India Ltd.
- Dabur India Ltd.
- Nestle India Pvt Ltd.
- IIT Bombay Placements Report and Summer Internship Programs
- IIT Kanpur: Admission via JEE Advanced, Placements, Cut Off, Fees and More
B.Tech in Agriculture and Food Engineering Placement Trends
The tag and the brand of IIT indeed support the college to a certain level. The placement session of 2018-19 was the main success as well with colossal participation of organizations from various sectors but with equal motives. Absolutely, the influence of the development economy of Indian in the technical area is affecting the college stats.
Job profile: Quality manager, purchase manager, production manager, and Food packing manager.
|Quality Manager||INR 3-6 LPA|
|Food sector Purchase Manager||INR 3-6 LPA|
|Manage for Food Packing||INR 3-6 LPA|
|Agriculture and food engineering Production manager||INR 3-6 LPA|
After finishing the course in B.Tech Agriculture engineering, students can opt for many job prospects and career chances. The aspiring students who have chased a degree in B.Tech agricultural engineering can go for either a government depend or private based sectors. The many job chances which the students can take after pursuing a degree in B.Tech agriculture and food engineering associated agricultural engineering Project Manager, Research Analysts, Microbiologist, Head Greenkeepers agricultural engineering. Agronomists etc. The starting salary of a student for this course ranges from INR 5 to 7 LPA.
- NIT Trichy Fee Structure for B.Tech Admission 2020-21
- IIT Kharagpur Fee Structure For B.Tech Admission 2020-21
- NIT Calicut Fee Structure For B.Tech Admission 2020-21
B.Tech in Agriculture and Food Engineering FAQs
Last updated on January 18th, 2021 at 05:30 pm
Answer: Indian Maritime University entrance exam, BITS Entrance exam, Icfai Tech School entrance exam, Manipal College entrance online exam, Assam combined entrance test are some of the tests that you can look for to get admission in B.Tech agriculture and food engineering programs.
Last updated on January 18th, 2021 at 05:30 pm
Answer: Following are the best institutes offering an Agriculture engineering program, NIT Tiruchirappalli, Delhi Technological University, Indian Institute of Technology (Guwahati), Indian Institute of Technology (Mumbai). You can search these institutes on our website to check if they offer B.Tech agriculture engineering or not.
Last updated on January 18th, 2021 at 05:31 pm
Answer: The minimum fee for B.Tech Agriculture Engineering is Rs 50K-2 Lakh per year
Last updated on January 18th, 2021 at 05:31 pm
Answer: Some of the major specializations for B.Tech are: Animal husbandry & Dairy Science, Computer Technology, Mechanical Engineering, and Electronic Communication Science.
Last updated on January 18th, 2021 at 05:32 pm
Answer: B.Tech Agricultural Engineering is a 4-year program.