Last updated on January 11th, 2021 at 01:50 pm
B.Tech in Aerospace Engineering is a 4-year undergraduate course that deals with space crafts and aircraft. It is one of the most sought after courses by students due to its lucrative salary packages. Students with an interest in science subjects such as Mathematics, Physics, and a passion for the Aerospace sector must choose this course as their career.
- Candidates belonging to the General category with 60% marks and SC/ST category with 55% marks in 10+2 with Science stream are eligible to pursue B.Tech in Aerospace Engineering.
- The course is divided into 8 semesters and as such, the exams are conducted semester-wise.
- Aerospace Engineering course fee for the duration of 4 years ranges from INR 65,000 to INR 4,00,000 per annum.
- The average salary offered to Aerospace Engineering B.Tech course fresher’s is around INR 5 to 8 LPA.
The core topics included in B.Tech in Aerospace Engineering course are Aerodynamics, Propulsion, Celestial Mechanism, Electronics, Control System and Thermodynamics, etc. The mode of admission into IITs, NITs, IIITs for B.Tech in Aerospace Engineering is through JEE Main and JEE Advanced. Organizations like ISRO, DRDO, HAL, and Air India are the top Aerospace Engineering recruiters.
Aerospace Engineering: Highlights
|Course Level||Undergraduate level|
|Eligibility||10+2 candidates with 60% marks (General) and 55% marks (SC/ST) in Science Stream are eligible|
|Course Fee||INR 65k to 4 LPA|
|Average Salary||INR 5-8 LPA|
|Admission Process||Both merit-based and entrance test based admission process|
|Entrance Exams||JEE Main, JEE Advanced, VITEEE, BITSAT, WBJEE, etc.|
- IIT Jodhpur Placements Report and Summer Internship Programs
- IIT Palakkad: Admissions via JEE Advanced, Cut Off, Scholarships, Placements and More
- High Paying Jobs: Aerospace Engineers are one of the top paid engineers in India and abroad. Due to the technical nature of the profession and the demand for critical thinking skills, candidates are offered lucrative salary packages. Graduates of Aerospace Engineering from IITs get a salary of INR 15 LPA in India. However, the salary differs from organization to organization and there is a possibility to earn more according to the candidate’s expertise level.
- Travel: This is one of the most important factors that budding aerospace engineers weigh in when deciding on a career in aerospace. There is a huge opportunity for the candidates to travel around the world while doing the work they love.
- Employment Opportunities: Aerospace Engineers are needed in varied sectors. Aerospace Engineers get a chance to work with prestigious organizations such as ISRO, DRDO, HAL, Air India, Indigo, etc. They can also work in the private sector in companies such as Boeing, GKN Aerospace, and Mercedes Benz, etc.
- Growing Market: Bureau of Labor Statistics states that the employment of aerospace engineers is projected to grow 3% from 2019 to 2029. Aerospace Engineers’ growth rate is as fast as the average of all other occupations.
- IIT Madras Fee Structure For B.Tech Admissions 2020-21
- NIT Calicut Admissions via JEE Main, Cut-Offs, Fees and More
How To Get Admission in Aerospace Engineering?
- In the entrance test based admission process, the candidates need to appear for various examinations such as JEE Main, JEE Advanced, VITEEE, BITSAT, WBJEE to secure admission in Aerospace Engineering courses offered by top colleges in India.
- JEE Main and JEE Advanced entrance exams are conducted by Joint Seat Allocation Authority in January and May. The candidates qualifying for these exams can get admission in IITs, IIITs, and NITs to pursue Aerospace Engineering Course.
- Entrance exams such as VITEEE, BITSAT, WBJEE grants admission to the students in the other top private colleges that offer Aerospace Engineering courses.
- Some colleges offer direct or merit-based admissions as well. In this process, students need to apply for the Aerospace Engineering course directly from the official website of their desired institution.
- The students need to satisfy the eligibility criteria of the program and after verification of the student details and fee payment, they are granted a seat under direct admissions.
- IIIT Una: Admission through JEE Main, Cut Off, Placements, Scholarships and More
- IIITM Gwalior Cut Off for JEE Main
Latest News Updates
- Key Takeaways From Education Minister’s Webinar On JEE Main 2021 Examination
- JEE Main 2021: Live Session With Education Minister Extended To December 10th
- Uttarakhand Government To Provide Free Coaching Classes For JEE Aspirants
- JEE Main 2021: Mr Ramesh Pokhriyal Directs NTA to Draft a Fresh Syllabus
- JEE Main 2021 Delayed Till February, JEE Advanced 2021 Syllabus Being Reviewed
B.Tech Aerospace Engineering Cut Off For Top IITs (JEE Advanced 2020)
The candidates who clear the JEE Advanced examination can get admission into IITs. The cut off for the top IITs for the B.Tech Aerospace Engineering courses are given below in the form of opening and closing ranks.
|Institute||Opening Rank||Closing Rank|
Aerospace Engineering Syllabus
Aerospace Engineering course is for the duration of 4 years and there are a total of 8 semesters. The syllabus consists of both theoretical and summer training. The Aerospace Engineering syllabus is designed in such a way that it allows students to understand aircraft and spacecraft functioning in detail.
AE Syllabus – First Year
|Semester I||Semester II|
|Engineering Mathematics I||Engineering Mathematics II|
|Engineering Physics||Economics and Communication Skills|
|Engineering Chemistry and Environmental Studies||Fluid Mechanics|
|Engineering Mechanics||Basic Thermodynamics|
|Engineering Graphics||Elements of Aeronautics|
|Basic Mechanical Engineering||Basic Strength of Materials|
|Basic Civil Engineering||Basic Strength of Materials Lab|
|Basic Electronics Engineering and Information Technology||Fluid Mechanics Lab|
|Electrical and Civil Workshop||–|
AE Syllabus- Second Year
|Semester III||Semester IV|
|Engineering Mathematics II||Engineering Mathematics III|
|Economics and Communication Skills||Gas Dynamics|
|Fluid Mechanics||Propulsion I|
|Basic Thermodynamics||Aerodynamics I|
|Elements of Aeronautics||Aircraft Structure I|
|Basic Strength of Materials||Electrical Technology and Machines|
|Basic Strength of Materials Lab||Structures Lab|
|Fluid Mechanics Lab||Propulsion Lab|
AE Syllabus– Third Year
|Semester V||Semester VI|
|Engineering Mathematics IV||Avionics|
|Principle of Management||Experimental Aerodynamics|
|Computer of Programming||Aircraft Structure II|
|Flight Dynamics I||Heat Transfer|
|Aerodynamics II||Theory of Vibration|
|Propulsion II||Elective I|
|Wind Tunnel Lab||Heat Engines Lab|
|Propulsion Lab II||Aero Engines Lab|
AE Syllabus– Fourth Year
|Semester VII||Semester VIII|
|Computational Fluid Dynamics||Rocket Missiles|
|Experimental Stress Analysis||Introduction to space technology|
|Aircraft Design||Air Transportation and Aircraft maintenance|
|Flight Dynamics II||Elective III|
|Aircraft System and Instrumentation||Elective IV|
|Elective II||Aerodynamics Lab|
|Experimental Stress Analysis Lab||Project|
|Vibration Lab||Viva Voce|
Future Scope in Aerospace Engineering
The students of B.Tech in Aerospace Engineering can work in a multitude of sectors ranging from automotive to finance and information technology. They can employ creative and innovative skills to get the job done. The list of the job profiles that Aerospace Engineering graduates can take up is given in the table below:
|Aerospace Engineer||Automotive Engineer|
|CAD technician||Control and Instrumentation Engineer|
|Design Engineer||Patent Attorney|
|Higher education lecturer||Product Designer|
|Maintenance Engineer||Production Manager|
|Manufacturing Systems Engineer||Quality Manager|
|Materials Engineer||Sales Executive|
|Mechanical Engineer||Technical Sales Engineer|
The top 3 prestigious government organizations that recruit B.Tech Aerospace Engineering graduates are given below:
- Indian Space Research Organization
- Defense Research and Development Laboratories
- Hindustan Aeronautics Limited etc.
The candidates can also work in government departments such as National Aeronautical Laboratory. The other recruiters of Aerospace graduates include Airlines, Air Force, Corporate Research Institutions, Defence Ministry, Aviation Companies, etc.
Aerospace Engineering Placement Trends
The Job profile of Aerospace Engineers is varied. It ranges from research, supervision, and coordination to the development and maintenance of space crafts and aircraft. The highest salary offered to graduates of Aerospace Engineering from IITs is 15 LPA. On average,
Aerospace Engineers are paid a salary in the range of 5 to 8 LPA.
The average placement details of some of the institutions offering B.Tech Aerospace Engineering are given in the tabulated form below:
|Colleges||Average Placement Offer|
|IIT Kharagpur||INR 4.8 LPA|
|IIT Madras||INR 4.4 LPA|
|IIST Thiruvananthapuram||INR 4.6 LPA|
|Neotia College, Kolkata||INR 3.84 LPA|
|Amity University, Noida||INR 3.36 LPA|
The average salary details of the different job profiles held by the graduates of Aerospace Engineering are given in the tabulated form below:
|Job Profile||Average Salary|
|Aerospace Designer||INR 7 LPA|
|Aircraft Production Manager||INR 4.2 LPA|
|Mechanical Design Engineer||INR 3.45 LPA|
|Assistant Technical Officer||INR 2.84 LPA|
|Aerospace Engineer||INR 7.07 LPA|
B.Tech in Aerospace Engineering course is one of the most sought-after courses by students with an interest in designing spacecraft and aircraft among other things. Admission into this course is based on the marks obtained in the entrance examinations such as JEE Main, JEE Advanced, BITSAT, WBJEE, etc. The course fee for B.Tech in Aerospace Engineering is between INR 65,000 to INR 4, 00,000 per annum for the duration of 4 years. The highest-paid salary of graduates of Aerospace Engineering is INR 15 lakhs per annum. Aerospace Engineers can pursue their career in government institutions such as ISRO, DRDO, Indian Air Force, Air India, etc. They can also work in private sector companies such as Aerospace Engineers include Boeing, GKN Aerospace, Mercedes Benz, Godrej, Tech Mahindra, Tata, GE, UTC, etc.
- JoSAA Counselling for admission into IITs, NITs, IIITs and GFTIs
- IIT Delhi 2020 Cut Off for Undergraduate Programs
B.Tech in Aerospace Engineering FAQs
Last updated on January 11th, 2021 at 01:21 pm
Students who wish to pursue B.Tech in Aerospace Engineering should pass Class 12 with at least 60% marks (for General Category) and 55% marks (for SC/ST Category) in Science Stream with compulsory subjects like Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics.
Last updated on January 11th, 2021 at 01:22 pm
Students pursuing their degree in Aerospace Engineering are taught Aerodynamics, Flight and Space Flight Mechanics, Thermodynamics and Propulsion, Aircraft Design and Propulsion, Aerospace Structural Mechanics, Incompressible Fluid Mechanisms, etc.
Last updated on January 11th, 2021 at 01:22 pm
The total duration of the B.Tech program in Aerospace Engineering is 4 years.
Last updated on January 11th, 2021 at 01:23 pm
Getting good scores in entrance tests such as JEE Main, JEE Advanced, BITSAT, WBJEE among other tests gives students a sure shot of getting admission into top colleges to pursue Aerospace Engineering.
Last updated on January 11th, 2021 at 01:23 pm
The top three colleges in India to pursue Aerospace Engineering include IIT Madras, IIT Bombay, and IIT Kharagpur.
Last updated on January 11th, 2021 at 01:24 pm
The average salary offered to Aerospace Engineers is around 5 to 8 lakhs per annum.