Last updated on February 9th, 2021 at 10:47 am
Assam University Placements for the last academic session witnessed many new companies who took part in the placement rounds for the first time. Established in 1994, Assam University is a teaching-cum-affiliating Central University having a presence in Silchar, Assam, India. The university has been ranked 97th by the NIRF 2019 rankings.
- The salary package offered to the B.Tech graduates varies from 3-4 LPA.
- Some of the graduates of the Assam University get placed in renowned companies like ICICI Bank, TCS, Max Cement, Wipro, Reliance Communications, TATA Motor Finance, etc.
- Many Pre-Placement Offers are made to Assam University graduates.
- Admission to B.Tech course is offered in 3 different specializations including Computer Science and Engineering, Agricultural Engineering and Electronics and Communication Engineering. Candidates are granted admissions based on their score in JEE Main and JoSAA Counseling.
- NIT Trichy: Courses Offered, Admissions via JEE Main, Placements and More
- NIT Patna Cut Off: JEE Main Opening and Closing Ranks
Assam University Placements Highlights
|Average CTC Offered||INR 3-4 LPA|
|Median CTC Offered||INR 6 LPA|
|Total Number of Internships Offered||20%|
- NIT Raipur Fee Structure For B.Tech Admission 2020-21
- NIT Kurukshetra Fee Structure For B.Tech Admission 2020-21
- NIT Jamshedpur Fee Structure for B.Tech Admissions 2020-21
Assam University Placements Statistics
|Program||No. of Students Registered||No. of Students Placed|
|B.Tech (lateral Entry)||60||Not mentioned|
- NIT Trichy Fee Structure for B.Tech Admission 2020-21
- IIT Kharagpur Fee Structure For B.Tech Admission 2020-21
- NIT Calicut Fee Structure For B.Tech Admission 2020-21
List of Top Companies at Assam University Placements
Assam University has a placement cell whose role and responsibilities include posting placement drives by organization along with detailed information at the University website.
But there is no information available about the placement for 2020, on the University website. But some of the universities that took part in the placement round are presented below:
|Indigo Airlines||JARO Group|
|ONGC Energy Centre||Vodafone|
- IIT Jodhpur Placements Report and Summer Internship Programs
- IIT Palakkad: Admissions via JEE Advanced, Cut Off, Scholarships, Placements and More
Latest News Updates
- Key Takeaways From Education Minister’s Webinar On JEE Main 2021 Examination
- JEE Main 2021: Live Session With Education Minister Extended To December 10th
- Uttarakhand Government To Provide Free Coaching Classes For JEE Aspirants
- JEE Main 2021: Mr Ramesh Pokhriyal Directs NTA to Draft a Fresh Syllabus
- JEE Main 2021 Delayed Till February, JEE Advanced 2021 Syllabus Being Reviewed
Assam University Summer Internships
- It is mandatory for the UG and PG Students in their pre-final year to undertake an internship.
- Period of Internship: 8-10 weeks Internship which starts in the month of June-July each year.
- Selection Process:
- Most of the students based on their eligibility criteria are offered internship opportunities in several companies like BHEL, SHCIL, AMUL, KARVY, BIG BAZAAR.
- In many cases, companies offering internship opportunities to the students get in touch with the Placement Cell to let them know about several opportunities for the interns.
- After internships, placement activity starts where some of the students can opt for pre-placement opportunities as well.
As per the placement report published by the university, each year the university witnesses an increase in the number of companies offering placement opportunities to qualified graduates. The highest CTC offered during the last Assam University Placements session for 2018-2019 was INR 8-9 LPA.
- IIT Bombay Placements Report and Summer Internship Programs
- IIT Kanpur: Admission via JEE Advanced, Placements, Cut Off, Fees and More
Assam University Placement and Internship FAQs
Last updated on February 9th, 2021 at 10:12 am
Ans: Assam University Placements are well maintained and offer good job opportunities to deserving graduates. Many MNCs and other renowned companies take part in placement drives each year for appointing many students for different organizational roles. Some of the universities that are a part of Assam University Placements include Indigo Airlines, JARO Group, ICICI Prudential, ONGC Energy Centre, Vodafone, Firstnaukri.com, Nestle, etc.
Last updated on February 9th, 2021 at 10:13 am
Ans: B.Tech course here is offered in 3 disciplines. Students can select any particular specialization based on their eligibility and total number of seats.
Last updated on February 9th, 2021 at 10:13 am
Ans: 75% of the total seats are reserved for JEE Mains qualifying candidates while 25% are reserved for candidates appearing in the admission test taken by the university. Candidates belonging to SC/ST/PwBD category get 5% relaxation in the qualifying exam taken by the university.
Last updated on February 9th, 2021 at 10:14 am
Ans: Some of the companies that offered internship opportunities include Dabar, Himalaya, and many other drug companies like Edwin. Moreover, close to 15- 20% of students get the scholarship every year.