Last updated on July 19th, 2021 by Amanda Marie Jacoba
Asansol Engineering College [AEC], Asansol, West Bengal is an AICTE approved private college, established in 1998. The institute is affiliated with Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology (MAKAUT). At the UG level, it offers B.Tech, B.Tech Lateral Entry, BCA and BBA, and at the PG level it offers M.Tech and MCA. Admission into the college is entrance-based. It has a dedicated placement cell that provides its students with employment opportunities in renowned companies.
Asansol Engineering College Quick Facts
- Asansol Engineering College ranked 54 for BBA among the Top 70 B-Schools in India by Times in 2020
- The highest package offered in 2018-2019 was INR 6.41 LPA. And students receive placement offers from companies like TCS, Cognizant, Informatica, Wipro etc.
- AEC also provides various facilities for the well being of the students including a Library, Medical facility, Gymnasium, Cafeteria and Sports Complex.
- In 2020, the college introduced a new B.Tech specialization, i.e, Computer Science & Business Systems
- The college has 153 faculties. It has 142 Assistant Professors and 7 Associate Professors.
Asansol Engineering College Courses
AEC Asansol offers the following UG and PG courses:
|Courses||Course Details||Selection Basis|
||JEE Main/ WBJEE + Counselling|
|B.Tech Lateral Entry||
||JELET + Counselling|
||PGET + Counselling|
||JECA + Counselling|
Asansol Engineering College Cutoff
Tabulated below are the WBJEE 2019 Round 1 cut offs for AEC Asansol:
|Courses||Opening All India Rank||Closing All India Rank|
|Computer Science & Engineering/Computer Science & Technology||17837||108022|
|Electronics & Communication Engineering//Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering||105674||187141|
|Applied Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering/Electronics &Instrumentation Engineering||43780||372253|
Asansol Engineering College Placement
The Placement and Training cell of AEC Asansol conducts yearly placement drives for its students. According to the 2018-2019 placement report of AEC Asansol, students received more than 350 job offers from various renowned companies. The highest placement package was INR 6.41 LPA which was offered by Persistent Systems.
The following companies participated in the on-campus placement drives held for Engineering students:
|Simplex||TVS Motor Company||Atkins|
|Techno Electric||Asahi Glass||GE Glass|
Companies that offered placement opportunities to students from other courses were:
|Accenture India||Capgemini India||HCL|