Last updated on September 15th, 2021 by Nikita Joshi
AFMC Pune has commenced the admissions for the session 2021-22. The AFMC entrance exam for the B.Sc. (Nursing) course has been postponed due to the surge in the COVID-19 cases. The college will release the list of shortlisted MBBS candidates once the NEET-UG examination is conducted by NTA. The dates of the AFMC entrance exam and the personal interview will be released accordingly by the college. The registrations for the NEET-UG are expected to start in the first week of July 2021.
For admission to the PG courses offered by the college, the candidate needs to clear the NEET-PG examination which has been postponed till further notice due to Covid 19 pandemic.
The college offers various courses in the field of Medical Sciences. At the UG level, the college offers the MBBS program, B.Sc. Nursing and Post-Basic B.Sc. Nursing. At the PG level, the college offers various specializations in the M.D. and M.S. degrees along with the M.Sc. degree in Anatomy. Apart from these courses, the college also offers PG Diploma and Super Speciality Courses in various specializations along with a few Paramedical Courses.
AFMC Pune Key Points
- The institute is the responsible authority for providing medical specialists and super specialists to the Armed Forces by giving them in-service training.
- The students applying to the college have compulsory liability to serve as Commissioned Officers in the Armed Forces Medical Services.
- For admission to the MBBS program offered by the college, one needs to clear the NEET-UG examination conducted by NTA. The shortlisted candidates then have to appear for a written exam and personal interview conducted by AFMC Pune.
- The admissions to the B.Sc. (Nursing) courses are done based on merit obtained in the qualifying examination (10+2/Class XII) and the AFMC Entrance Exam.
- For the various PG courses offered by the college, the students need to clear the NEET PG examination followed by a written entrance test and interview.
- For the Super-Speciality and the paramedical courses, the vacancies are for the in-service officers only. However, any unutilized vacancy is available to civilians based on the AFMC entrance examination.
AFMC Pune Admission Dates 2021
|MBBS Admissions 2021|
|Starting Date of NEET-UG Registration||1st week of July 2021|
|Last date for registration||3rd week of July 2021|
|Availability of NEET-UG Admit Card||4th week of July 2021|
|Date of NEET UG||August 01, 2021|
|Declaration of Results||4th week of August 2021|
|PG Admissions 2021|
|Starting Date of NEET-PG Registration||February 23, 2021|
|Last date for registration||March 15, 2021|
|Availability of Admit Card||To be notified|
|Date of NEET PG||To be notified (Postponed)|
|Declaration of Results||To be notified|
AFMC Pune MBBS Admission 2021
AFMC Pune offers the MBBS course with an intake capacity of 150 students. There are 115 seats for male candidates and 30 seats for female candidates. 5 seats are reserved for the candidates sponsored by the government from friendly foreign countries. The duration of the course is four and a half years followed by one year of compulsory rotating Internship Training in selected service hospitals recognized by the Medical Council of India.
AFMC Pune MBBS Eligibility 2021
- A candidate seeking admission to the MBBS course offered by AFMC Pune needs to fulfil the eligibility criteria for the NEET-UG examination laid down by NTA.
- The candidate must have passed Higher Secondary (10+2) or equivalent examination in Science with English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology should have taken simultaneously with at least 60% of the aggregate marks in the three science subjects taken together and not less than 50% marks in English and 50% marks in each of the science subjects.
- The candidate must have passed all the subjects in the first attempt of the qualifying examinations as a regular candidate.
- One must have also passed an examination in Mathematics of the 10th standard.
- The candidate should have attained the age of 17 years on December 31, 2020, but must not have attained the age of 24 years on that date of applying.
AFMC Pune MBBS Selection Criteria 2021
- The candidates applying for the MBBS program at AFMC Pune are initially shortlisted for the screening process based on merit in the NEET-UG examination.
- The shortlisted candidates will be called for the screening process that involves ToELR, PAT, Personal Interview and Medical Examination at AFMC Pune.
- The final merit will be based on the score obtained by the candidate in the Written examination (NEET-UG score + ToELR score) and the Interview conducted by the college.
- PAT is a qualifying examination thus its scores will not be considered for preparing the final merit list.
How to Apply for MBBS?
Only those candidates who have successfully cleared the NEET-UG exam, are eligible to apply for the MBBS course at AFMC Pune. The candidates then have to appear for the central counselling conducted by the Directorate General of Health Sciences (DGHS) on behalf of the Medical Counselling Committee (MCC).
- Go to the website of the National Board of Examination (https://nbe.edu.in/).
- Register for the NEET-UG with a valid Email ID and Phone Number.
- Login ID and Password will be generated on successful registration.
- Fill up the application form.
- Upload the required documents, signature and photograph of the candidate.
- Choose the examination centre.
- Pay the application fee online of INR 1,400 through Credit/Debit card/Net Banking.
- Take a printout for future references.
- Class X Mark sheet
- Class XII Pass Certificate
- Admit Card of NEET-UG 2021
- Scorecard of NEET-UG 2021
- Selection Letter of Admission to MBBS Course
- Transfer Certificate/ School Leaving Certificate
- Character Certificate
- Colour Photographs in white background
- NCC Certificate
- Sports Certificate
- Valid Caste Certificate (if applicable)
AFMC Pune B.Sc.(Nursing) Admission 2021
AFMC Pune offers the B.Sc. (Nursing) course at the UG level. The duration of the course is 4 years. Only female candidates are eligible to apply to the course. The students undergoing B.Sc. Nursing training needs to execute a bond of an agreement to serve in the Military Nursing Service for a minimum period of 5 years on successful completion of the course.
AFMC Pune B.Sc.(Nursing) Eligibility 2021
- Only female candidates are eligible to apply to the course.
- Candidates who have passed the 10+2 level of examination with Physics, Chemistry and Biology are eligible to apply. The candidate should not score less than 50 % marks in the qualifying exam.
- Must have passed all the subjects in the first attempt of the qualifying examinations as a regular candidate.
AFMC Pune B.Sc.(Nursing) Selection Criteria 2021
- The selection of the candidates for the B.Sc.(Nursing) course will be based on the merit in the qualifying examination.
- The students will be selected based on merit in the qualifying examination followed by a written entrance test and personal interview.
- The candidates have to appear for the written objective type of examination. The shortlisted candidates will be called for an interview at selected centres.
- Candidates must be declared medically fit for selection to the course.
How To Apply for B.Sc.(Nursing)?
- Visit the website (http://joinindianarmy.nic.in).
- The candidate needs to register for admission with a valid Email ID.
- User ID and Password will be generated.
- Fill up the application form giving out the necessary details.
- Upload the necessary documents, photos and signatures of the candidate.
- Pay the application fee of Rs. 750 online.
- Submit the form.
- Class X Marksheet & Passing Certificate
- Class XII Marksheet & Passing Certificate
- Date of Birth proof
- Category certificate (if required)
- Character certificate
AFMC Pune PG Degree/Diploma Courses Admission 2021
AFMC Pune offers various PG degree and diploma courses in the field of medical science. The college offers the M.D. and M.S. degree courses in various specializations with a duration of 3 years along with a 5-year MS-MD degree in 3 different specialization subjects. The college also offers M.Sc. in Anatomy that has a duration of 2 years. Apart from the degree courses, AFMC Pune offers two-year-long PG Diploma courses in various specializations.
Specializations Offered in M.D./M.S. and PG Diploma Programmes at AFMC Pune
|M.D.||Anaesthesiology, Biochemistry, Dermatology, Venereology, & Leprosy, General Medicine, Hospital Administration, Immuno Haematology & Blood Transfusion, Community Medicine, Microbiology, Paediatrics, Pathology, Pharmacology, Physiology, Psychiatry, Radiodiagnosis, Sports Medicine, Social & Preventive Medicine, Tuberculosis & Respiratory Diseases / Pulmonary Medicine|
|M.S.||ENT, General Surgery, Orthopaedics|
|MD / MS||Anatomy, Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Ophthalmology|
|PG Diploma||Dermatology, Child Health, Clinical Pathology, Venereology and Leprosy, Hospital Administration, Anaesthesia, Industrial Health, Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Ophthalmology, Oto-Rhino-Laryngology, Psychological Medicine, Public Health, Radio-Diagnosis|
AFMC Pune PG Degree/Diploma Courses Eligibility 2021
- To be eligible for the M.D./M.S. and PG Diploma courses at AFMC Pune, the candidate must have passed M.B.B.S.
- The candidate must have completed a satisfactorily one-year compulsory rotating internship to be eligible for admission to the courses.
- Candidates must have a permanent or provisional registration certificate issued by the MCI or the State Medical Council (SMC).
- For M.Sc. in Anatomy, the candidate must have a graduate/Bachelor’s degree in Anatomy i.e, B.Sc. (Anatomy).
- The candidate must have scored a minimum required percentile in the NEET-PG examination to be eligible for admission.
AFMC Pune PG Degree/Diploma Courses Selection Criteria 2021
- The selection of the candidates for the PG Degree and Diploma courses at AFMC Pune will be based on marks obtained in the NEET-PG examination.
- The candidates then need to appear for the counselling procedure conducted by the Directorate General of Health Sciences (DGHS) on behalf of the Medical Counselling Committee (MCC).
- A priority-wise merit list will be prepared from the list of registered candidates.
- The Currently serving officers of AFMS Pune will be given preference followed by the government-sponsored candidates from friendly foreign countries.
How to Apply for PG Degree/Diploma Courses?
The candidates first need to apply for the NEET-PG examination for admission to the PG degree and diploma courses at AFMC Pune. The successful candidates then need to register for the counselling procedure at the official website of the Medical Counselling Committee (MCC).
- Go to the official website of NBE.
- Register for the NEET-PG with a valid Email ID and Phone Number.
- Read the instructions carefully to avoid any mistakes and fill the application form.
- Upload the documents including the signature and photograph of the candidate.
- Choose the examination centre.
- Pay the application fee of INR 5,015 through Credit/Debit card/Net Banking.
- Take a printout of the application form.
- NEET-PG 2021 Admit Card
- NEET-PG 2021 Scorecard
- MBBS Degree Certificate/Diploma Certificate
- Internship Completion Certificate
- Permanent Medical Registration Certificate issued by the MCI or State Medical Council
- High School/Higher Secondary Certificate as Date of Birth Proof
- Community Certificate.
AFMC Pune Super-Speciality & Paramedical Courses Admission 2021
AFMC Pune offers two Super-Speciality Courses- D.M and M.Ch in four different specializations. The duration of both the Super Speciality courses is 3 years. The college also offers a few Paramedical courses. For the Super-Speciality and the paramedical courses, the admissions are granted to the in-service officers only. However, any unutilized vacancy is available to civilians based on the AFMC entrance examination.
|Bachelor Of Paramedical Technology (BPMT)||
|Post Graduate Diploma||
|Technical Trade Training||
|Specially Trained Nursing Technician Courses||
|Speech Therapy and Hearing Aid Course||
AFMC Pune Super-Speciality & Paramedical Courses Eligibility 2021
- Only In-Service Candidates are eligible for admission to the Super-Speciality and the paramedical courses at AFMC, Pune.
- For the Super-Speciality courses, the candidate must have completed the Postgraduate (MD/ MS) degree.
- He/She must have been registered with the State Medical Council/Medical Council of India.
- For Post Graduate Diploma in Medical Laboratory Technician, the candidate must have a Bachelor’s degree in the relevant degree.
- The eligibility criteria for the BPMT course is that candidates must have passed the 10+2 level of education.
AFMC Pune Super-Speciality & Paramedical Courses Selection Criteria 2021
The candidates for the Super Speciality courses and the paramedical courses will be selected and detailed by AMC Records. Only In-services candidates shall be considered for the same.
AFMC Pune Admission FAQs
Last updated on September 15th, 2021Ans. Yes, apart from the academic eligibility criteria, there are some additional eligibility conditions too for the candidates applying for admission to AFMC Pune. The candidate should be an Indian citizen to apply. Foreign nationals of Indian origin may apply only after they have acquired Indian Citizenship. Second, the candidate must be unmarried. Lastly, the candidate should be medically fit as per prescribed standards by the Ministry of Defence, Government of India.
Last updated on September 15th, 2021
Ans. The candidates who are admitted to AFMC Pune for the MBBS course have a compulsory liability to serve as Commissioned Officers in the Armed Forces Medical Services. The offer of the type of commission will depend upon the vacancies available and merit-cum-option at the final MBBS examination. The liability of the SSC officers to serve would be 7 years while the Permanent Commission (PC) Officers will have to serve in AFMS till the date of superannuation.
Last updated on September 15th, 2021
Ans. The candidates who will be shortlisted for the MBBS course at AFMC Pune based on the NEET-UG exam will be called for the Test of English Language, Comprehension, Logic and Reasoning (ToELR), Psychological Assessment Test (PAT) followed by an Interview and Medical Examination at AFMC, Pune. It will be a. The exam will be of 80 marks and there will be negative marking.
Last updated on September 15th, 2021
Ans. If a candidate applies for release from service from AFMC Pune within 7 years of the grant of the said commission, he/she will be liable to refund the Bond Money at the rate of INR 6 LPA of unfulfilled liability or part. It means a candidate is subjected to a maximum of INR 30 Lakhs in total.
Last updated on September 15th, 2021
Ans. It is not a compulsion for AFMC Pune to announce vacancies for admission to the Super-Speciality and Paramedical courses. In case of any unutilized vacancy, the Information about the entrance examination for the same will be uploaded on the official website as soon as it is advertised in the newspapers.