Last updated on April 23rd, 2021 at 12:38 pm
Aditi Mahavidyalaya (AMV), New Delhi established in 1994 is a renowned women’s college affiliated with the University of Delhi. The college offers undergraduate courses in various disciplines such as Economics, Education, English, Food technology, etc to name a few. There is an active placement cell that coordinates workshops and internships for students. The admissions to all courses except B.El.Ed is merit-based while the latter takes into account the score in university entrance exam known as DUET.
Aditi Mahavidyalaya Highlights
|Established | Institute Type||1994 | Public|
|Entrance Exam||University: DUET|
|Popular Courses||B.A, B.Com|
|Admission Criteria||Merit-based or Entrance Test|
|NIRF Rank (2020)||151 in Colleges|
|Facilities Available||Library, Labs, Computer Centre, Canteen etc|
|Address||Delhi Auchandi Road, Bawana, Delhi-110039|
Aditi Mahavidyalaya Courses
Aditi Mahavidyalaya offers B.A in 17 different specializations, B.A (Hons) in 3 disciplines, B.Com and B.Com (Hons) and B.El.Ed. The particulars of the same are tabulated below:
|B.A||Advertising, Sales Promotion and Sales Management||10+2 with minimum 40% aggregate marks from a recognized Board|
|Human Development and Family Empowerment|
|Nutrition and Health Education|
|Office Management and Secretarial Practice|
|B.A (Hons)||Geography||10+2 with minimum 45% aggregate marks from a recognized Board|
|B.El.Ed||–||10+2 from a recognized Board + Valid score in DUET|
Aditi Mahavidyalaya Admissions
Admissions to B.A, B.A (Hons), B.Com, and B.Com (Hons) courses are merit-based. For Admission to B.El.Ed the candidate needs to secure a valid score in DUET. The application mode is online.
How to Apply?
- Visit the UG admission portal of Delhi University.
- Register yourself and fill the application form with necessary details.
- Select the course you opt for and select Aditi Mahavidyalaya while selecting colleges.
- Finally, pay the registration fee and submit.
- Take a print out for future reference.
Aditi Mahavidyalaya Placement
Aditi Mahavidyalaya houses a placement cell that provides 100% assistance in landing jobs and internships. The cell conducts activities such as workshops on personality development, quiz programs, group discussions, etc in order to instill employability skills and also serves as a bridge between the students and the CPC of Delhi University so that students will be made aware of job opportunities.
Aditi Mahavidyalaya Scholarships
Aditi Mahavidyalaya offers college and university level as well as Government/State level scholarships based on merit and economical situation of the students. The different scholarships and eligibility criteria are as shown below:
College Level Scholarships
- Pushpa Bhatnagar Education Trust Scholarship: This scholarship is given to college toppers.
- Merit Scholarship: This scholarship is given to the students who have scored 60% and above every year in any stream.
- Shri S. Krishan Tiwari Scholarship: Student who scored the highest marks in B.A.(Programme) Hindi is offered this scholarship.
- Smt. Laxmi Tiwari Scholarship: This scholarship is given to the student with highest marks in B.A.(Hons.) Hindi Journalism.
University Level Scholarships
- Scholarship under All India Entrance Examination: 50 scholarships worth INR 250 p.m are offered by DU for three years to students pursuing Honours courses. This is based on a competitive exam held by DU.
- V.C. Scholarship: This scheme awards 1200/- each to the students belonging to S.C./S.T. General Categories provided they fulfill the required criteria.
Government/ State Level Scholarships
- State Government Scholarship to S.C./S.T. Students: This scholarship is offered to students belonging to S.C./S.T.categories.
- Post-Merit Scholarship through Govt. Of NCT of Delhi: The income of parents are considered for judging the eligibility of students applying for this scholarship.
- State Government Award: The govt. of Delhi awards INR 5000/- to students of commerce and humanities streams who have scored an aggregate of 70% and above in the results of 10+2 and first two years of UG.
- Sanskrit Academy Scholarship: This scholarship is awarded to the students scoring 70% and above every year in Sanskrit language.
- Dr. V.K.R.V. Rao Endowment Scholarship: The scholarship is awarded to needy and deserving students who belong to low income groups.
- Usha Aggarwal Scholarship: This is awarded to the topper of B.Com and B.Com (Hons) in 1st year.
- Vijaya Sharma Memorial scholarship: The toppers of B.Com and B.Com (Hons) in 2nd year are awarded this scholarship.
- Vaishali Tomar Memorial Scholarship: This scholarship is presented to the topper of B.El.Ed in first three years.
Aditi Mahavidyalaya Facilities
Aditi Mahavidyalaya offers numerous facilities to the students inside the campus that includes libraries, laboratories, computer center, canteen, bank, photostat machine, etc. There are department services as well as activities and societies available too. Students of Aditi Mahavidyalaya can avail following facilities as listed below
- Library: The college library consists of around 25,000 books, magazines and newspapers which caters to the student populus.
- Laboratories: There are multiple laboratories in the college catering to students of different departments such as biology, commerce, music etc
- Computer Centre: Computer lab with about 1200 computers and access to the internet.
- Other facilities include canteen, bank, photostat provisions etc
Aditi Mahavidyalaya Faculty
The faculty at Aditi Mahavidyalaya consists of 98 capable individuals who work towards quality education. Many of them have doctorate degrees and are stratified in the positions of professors, assistant professors, and associate professors as detailed below:
Associate Professor: 25
Assistant Professors: 72
Aditi Mahavidyalaya FAQ
Last updated on April 23rd, 2021 at 11:42 am
Ans. The seat intake to different courses is as follows
|B.A (Hons)||39(Geography)+56 (S.W)+56 (Hindi Journalism)|
Last updated on April 23rd, 2021 at 11:44 am
Ans. The B.A, B.A (Hons), B.Com and B.Com (Hons) are three year courses while B.El.Ed is for four years.
Last updated on April 23rd, 2021 at 11:49 am
Ans. Yes. Aditi Mahavidyalaya welcomes admissions based on sports and ECA quota. You can apply for the same by selecting the relevant options while registering.
Last updated on April 23rd, 2021 at 12:13 pm
Ans. Yes, the college houses both NCC and NSS units. Students of both have been given the chance to participate in various activities conducted by their respective units.
Last updated on April 23rd, 2021 at 12:16 pm
Ans. Aditi Mahavidyalaya caters to the artistic vitality of students and hosts annual day functions, sports days, annual festivals and freshers day for its student populus.
Last updated on April 23rd, 2021 at 12:17 pm
Ans. There are a total of 29 seats available in the sports quota. The distribution for the same is as follows
|Category||No. of Seats|