Last updated on July 7th, 2021 by Sapna Malik
A.C.S. Medical College and Hospital, Tamil Nadu is one of the most comprehensive Universities in Chennai. This premier private college is famous for various specialised courses in medicines and health services. It is a constituent college under Dr M.G.R. Educational and Research Institute. It also has the status of an accredited deemed university. A.C.S Medical College and Hospital is located on the outskirts of Periyar EVR High Road at the Taluk of Velappanchavadi.
National Assessment and Accreditation Council accredited A.C.S. Medical College and Hospital, has an A grade along with an overall CGPA of 3.31 on a four-point scale. The college offers an excellent intercultural environment. Apart from this, the educational institute offers Winter School, Summer School, Semester Abroad and twinning programs. A.C.S. Medical College and Hospital, Tamil Nadu is popular for the extraordinary academic performance of its students.
A.C.S. Medical College and Hospital: Key Points
- The faculty of Medical Sciences of Dr MGR Educational and Research Institute established the A.C.S Medical College and Hospital, with the primary objective of encouraging the student-medical community towards deteriorating health conditions in the country. Apart from delivering world-class technical and medical education facilities, the college emphasizes the students to keep a proactive approach towards the community.
- The convention centre of A.C.S. Medical College has an overall capacity to accommodate 9000 students at a time. It is one of the largest convention centres in Chennai.
A.C.S. Medical College and Hospital: Rankings
- A.C.S. Medical College and Hospital, Tamil Nadu has been accredited by the National Board of Accreditation for the various courses including Masters of Business Administration, Bio-Technology, Computer Science and Engineering, Electronics and Communication Engineering, Electrical and Electronics Engineering, and Mechanical and Civil Engineering.
- The innovation cell of A.C.S Medical College and Hospital, Tamil Nadu was given an overall rating of 4-star rating by the Ministry of Education.
- The Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology accredited three courses; Bio-Technology, and B-Tech (Computer Science and Engineering). The latter was credited twice.
- The Financial Express ranked the medical college at the 4th position among all the colleges in India.
- Various statutory bodies including the All India Council of Technical Education (AICTE), Dental Council of India (DCI), National Council for Teachers Education (NCTE), Medical Council of India (MCI), Indian Nursing Council (INC), and Council of Architecture (CoA) accredited various courses of this medical college.
A.C.S. Medical College and Hospital: Courses
A.C.S Medical College and Hospital, Tamil Nadu offers various industry-relevant and skill-based courses which are as follows:
|Courses||Eligibility Criteria and Course Duration||Fee Structure (Semester Wise)|
|MBA Innovation, Entrepreneurship and Venture Development||
A.C.S. Medical College and Hospital: Cut off
- For MBBS and Nursing courses, the college considers the score of the NEET examination. It is followed by a round of viva voice which involves general questions of science. Finally, candidates are shortlisted based on their overall competence in entrance exam and viva voice for the MBBS course.
The following table lists the cut off in a category wise manner for the NEET exam based on percentile.
|Category||Minimum Qualifying Percentile||Cut Off Marks|
|Unreserved – EWS||45th Percentile||146-129|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||40th Percentile||146-113|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||40th Percentile||146-123|
|Other Backward Caste (OBC)||40th Percentile||146-103|
|SC- Physically Handicapped||40th Percentile||128-113|
|ST- Physically Handicapped||40th Percentile||128-113|
|OBC- Physically Handicapped||40th Percentile||128-113|
A.C.S. Medical College and Hospital: Placements
In the academic session 2020-21, 471 students of A.C.S. Medical College and Hospital, Tamil Naduwere placed after their graduation.
- The median salary of placed graduates stood at ₹3,40,000 per annum.
- The number of students who were selected in the Institutes of Higher Education stood at 267.
- Institute’s Innovation Cell aims to convert job seekers into job creators. The cell offers high-end training and mentorship to budding entrepreneurs.
- The top-class medical institute has a remarkable record of placing students with reputed companies such as Tata Consultancy Services (TCS), International Business Machines Corporation (IBM), Infosys, Accenture, HCL, Polaris, Wipro, Caritor, L&T InfoTech, Satyam, etc.
- In the academic session 2019-2020, 89 companies visited the college for campus placement.
A.C.S. Medical College and Hospital: Scholarships
A.C.S. Medical College and Hospital, Tamil Nadu offers wide-ranging scholarship opportunities to its students and staff members.
- Each scholarship has distinct criteria for availing it. One candidate can enrol only for one scholarship.
- To avail Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT), the students must register with the Public Financial Management System.
- This eminent institute offers the following scholarships:
- Chancellor’s Scholarship for Meritorious students
- PhD and higher education scholarships for the college staff
- Students HandBook Scholarship
- The college also offers academic awards in form of fee concession to students. The students can check their eligibility at the academic repository of CDSL Ventures Limited. The students can register in the following ways:
- There are two modes of registration, non-Aadhaar based registration and offline e-KYC Aadhaar based registration.
- Students can view academic awards after successful login.
- Verify the document online.
- Enter ‘aadhaar number’ or Virtual Id.
- Mention the security code and the OTP.
- Upload the zip file of documents.
How to avail scholarships?
- Students must refer to the notice board of the college for relevant documents.
- Verify whether or not you fall in the eligibility criteria.
- Collect necessary documents mentioned in the scholarship notice.
- An online form is available at the official website of A.C.S Medical College and Hospital, Tamil Nadu.
- Students must take a printout of that scholarship application form.
- Fill in all the personal details.
- Attach the relevant documents.
- Submit them at the help desk or the administrative office at the college.
- The college authorities will verify and release the scholarship amount in the respective bank account of eligible students.
- Apart from the above-mentioned scholarships, the students can also avail of state scholarships and other scholarships based on their social disabilities.
- However, A.C.S. Medical College and Hospital, Tamil Nadu doesn’t grant educational loans to students.
A.C.S. Medical College and Hospital: FAQs
Last updated on July 7th, 2021
Ans: The college takes a maximum period of 14 days for reimbursement of admission fees in case of withdrawal.
Last updated on July 7th, 2021
Ans: At all stages including first, second and third counsellor, the students can apply for cancellation of admission. The fee is reimbursed after some deductions which are as follows:-
- Case 1: If a student resigns during the counselling period, then the amount of ₹23,65,00 is reimbursed. The admission fees are refundable. Rest is deducted in the form of a penalty.
- Case 2: If a student cancels admission at the college after the counselling period, then no or zero amount is reimbursed. In other words, at this stage, all the admission fees are non-refundable.
Last updated on July 7th, 2021
Ans: If a student wants to relocate his/her admission to A.C.S. Medical College and Hospital, Tamil Nadu then a token sum will be deducted from the admission fees. ₹75,000 is deducted if the candidate reallocates in the second or third round of counselling.