Last updated on July 20th, 2021 by Ahana Bhaduri
Acharya Narendra Dev College is a public college in Govindpuri (Kalkaji), Delhi, that was founded in 1991 and is affiliated with the University of Delhi. Acharya Narendra Dev College is entirely funded by the Delhi government.
ANDC College is ranked 18th by NIRF in the year 2020. The College has won several national awards, including the AWARD OF GOOD PRACTICES among colleges at the University of Delhi’s mega multidimensional event, Antardhvani 2015, which took place from February 20 to 22, 2015.
Acharya Narendra Dev College has a cutting-edge infrastructure that includes a library, classrooms and tutorial rooms, labs, a web center, a WIFI-enabled campus, sports facilities, a campus for differently-abled students, a Bamboo canteen block, Medical and counseling facilities, and more.
The college currently offers 9 Undergraduate honors courses, 2 Postgraduate courses, 4 certificates, and 3 Diploma courses in foreign languages, and one Certificate course in Bioinformatics.
Acharya Narendra Dev College’s admissions process is entirely online, with a centralized application system. The application can be found on the university’s official website. The Merit List for admission will be published on the Delhi University website. Furthermore, the Acharya Narendra Dev College (Acharya Narendra Dev College) publishes a merit list on its website.
Wipro, Reliance Jio, Libsys Operations trainee, Converges, and a few other big recruitment companies that attend the college’s annual placement drive.
Acharya Narendra Dev College: Admission Updates
- Admission to undergraduate courses would be based on merit, with applicants being admitted if their academic scores fall within the college’s cut-off range.
- For PG admission, the candidates must have completed graduation or equivalent exam with a minimum aggregate of 50% in science subjects from a recognized university or institute.
- Every year, admission to UG merit-based courses such as BA, BSc, and BCom begins in May.
- After the successful completion of the application form and the announcement of cut-offs, qualifying students must complete the college admission form available at the college office at the time of admission.
- All the candidates are required to submit a number of documents including class 10th examination certificate, class 10th and 12th mark sheets, 3 passport size photo etc, during the time of admission.
- Students who fail to submit these documents will be granted provisional admission until August 16, 2021, at the most.
- After the submitted documents have been verified, the student must pay the fee for the chosen course at the Admission Office to validate his or her admission.
- On the basis of declared cut offs, SC/ST/OBC/PwD candidates will be admitted directly by the institution.
Acharya Narendra Dev College: Key Points
- Acharya Narendra Dev College is named after the great educationist and reformist of modern India, Acharya Narendra Dev.
- Acharya Narendra Dev College is ranked 18 by NIRF among Indian colleges in 2020.
- The National Assessment and Accreditation Council, an autonomous institution of the University Grants Commission, has awarded Acharya Narendra Dev College an A grade with a CGPA of 3.31 on a four-point scale.
- Acharya Narendra Dev College is the University of Delhi’s first college to switch to Linux. The Web Center has 80 computers, and all of the computer laboratories are Linux-based.
- The college provides ELITE (Education in a Lively Innovative Training Environment) scholarships to 200 students for summer training and projects to encourage student study.
- Dr. Satyapal Singh, an Assistant Professor of Physical Education at Acharya Narendra Dev College (University of Delhi), has been named the 2012 Dronacharya Award winner in the Para-Athletics category.
- Dr. Prashant Pradhan, Assistant Professor in the Department of Biomedical Science, and his colleagues developed the COVID-19 detection kit, for which the Government of India has granted a provisional Indian patent and a PCT proposal has been filed.
Acharya Narendra Dev College: Rankings
- Ranked #19 by India Today in 2020
- Ranked #22 by India Today in 2019
- Ranked #18 by NIRF in 2020
- Ranked #24 by NIRF in 2019
- Ranked #23 for science by The Week in 2020
- Ranked #16 for science by Outlook in 2020
Acharya Narendra Dev College: Course Offered
|Program||Program Details||Selection Criteria|
||Cut-off based on class12 marks|
Acharya Narendra Dev College: Placements
- Acharya Narendra Dev College has an active Career Counselling and Placement Cell (CCPC). Students in third-year courses who are interested in placement after graduation can register online for a minimal registration fee.
- This fee is exempted for students who belong to reserve categories. Many reputable companies, such as EY GDS Assurance, Concentrix Daksh, Wipro, LIBSYS, and others, come to the College for placement drives every year, and many of the students who apply are chosen.
- CCPC also organizes internship programs for first- and second-year students.
Top recruiters of these universities include:
|Reliance Jio||IndiGo Airlines||TCS|
|Libsys Operations trainee||HCL||–|
Acharya Narendra Dev College: Scholarships
Acharya Narendra Dev College offers numerous scholarships for eligible students. Below mentioned are the few scholarships offered in this college
- D. C. Arora Scholarship: This scholarship is awarded in two categories, needy and meritorious. Each of these categories offers two Rs 6,000 scholarships to students pursuing science degrees.
- Pushpa Paul Memorial Scholarship: Two deserving female students with a vision for the future will be awarded the scholarship. The selected students will receive Rs 15,000 as part of this scholarship.
- Sh. Sultan Chand Endowment Scholarship: This scholarship is given to a B.Com (H) III Year student who receives the second-highest percentage of marks in the college in the B.Com (H) II Year University test. The scholarship is worth Rs 3,500.
- Krishna Toteja Memorial Scholarship: A meritorious and needy girl student of B.Sc. (H) Zoology receives a yearly fellowship of Rs. 6,000. Evidence of low family income is required to be eligible for this scholarship.
- Apart from this scholarships are offered for wards of Ex-Serviceman and Riot Affected.
- The Delhi University also offers several special scholarships to students who fall into the SC/ ST/ BPL/ PWD categories.
- In the library, there is a Book Bank where needy students can borrow textbooks for the whole academic year.