Last updated on April 20th, 2020 at 12:10 pm
In a bid to restore the confidence of candidates appearing for JEE Main and other national level examinations, Government has distributed 2.7 lakhs computers to the students for JEE Main Test Practice Centers. The move has come in wake of doubts creeping among aspirants concerning CBT mode and MHRD & NTA’s joint effort in allaying any fears among candidates by providing ample platforms for candidates to prepare for the upcoming examination.
It is done in order to facilitate the students who do not have computers or smartphones of their own. National Testing Agency(NTA) has launched 3,404 test practice centres (TPCs) in 662 districts on Sep 16, 2018.
The practice centres enables a candidate to register and take practice computer based test (CBT) for JEE Main and UGC-NET free of cost. Candidates can register for the test practice centers on the official site of NTA , i.e., nta.ac.in by using their Google or Facebook Account.
Besides, NTA has also provided the link for online mock test on their own website to facilitate students with access to computer and internet connections to prepare for the examination at their preferred location. Another prominent effort in this direction is to upload the lectures from various IIT Professors for JEE Main 2020 on the official website.
Launch of Mobile App by NTA for JEE main and UGC-NET 2018
he launch of mobile app by NTA for JEE main and UGC-NET 2020 will help the students to avail the free online computer based tests from their mobile phones or computers. Uttar Pradesh, Maharashtra and Kerala have 300 practice centres each. Mock Test has been started on the official website of NTA i.e nta.ac.in
Latest News Updates
- JEE Main 2020 Admit Card Released on Jeemain.nic.in. Download Now
- JEE Main 2020 Day 1: Check Exam Updates and JEE Main Paper Analysis
- Registrations For JoSAA Counselling To Begin From 6th October
- Check JEE Main Participating Colleges
- JEE Advanced 2020: Revised Schedule Released, Registration Starts from 11 September
A total of 2,452 students took the free practice test at 96 TPCs all over the country. Results and analysis were immediately notified to the candidates after the exam. Candidates were also given feedback on their performance in the practice test so that they may start working on their weak points.
“No student would be at the disadvantage of not appearing for the exam due to lack of resources”, said HRD minister Prakash Javadekar. Also he interacted to 1,993 candidates through Google Hangout asking for their suggestions to make the exam system more easy and accessible for all.
Online Registration for JEE Main Test Practice Centers
NTA Student App is available on play store by which students can register for JEE main and UGC-NET 2020 exam. Registration can be also done through NTA website. The service has been activated so that the students can avail the practice tests anywhere regardless of their location.
Steps to Register for JEE Main Test Practice Centers
- Visit NTA’s official website, nta.ac.in
- On the home page, click on the link “Student Registration for Test Practice Center”.
- Next up, you’ll have the option to login using Google or Facebook Account. Choose any one.
- After registration, candidates will now have to complete remaining four steps to complete the process.
- First, fill up personal details like first name, last name, date of birth, age, father’s name, upload recent photograph and id proof
- Next, add contact details such as email id, mobile number, residential address, state, district, city, and pin code for official correspondence.
- Also add information about academic details such as last attended school or institute’s name and your enrollment number (optional).
- Finally, add details of previous number of attempts for JEE Main examination and hit ‘submit’.
The remaining steps will be related to select Centre and Booking Appointment:
- Candidates will have to pick 5 centers from the list of test practice centers (TPCs) and provide them rating between 1 to 5 in order of their preference.
- Pick the date you are planning to appear for JEE Main Mock Test at the test practice center.
- Submit your preferences.
- Verify the selected centers and click on “Confirm Appointment” to complete the process.
- An acknowledgement screen will confirm the choice of practice center preference and confirmation of TPC registration.
On successful registration for JEE Main Test Practice Centers, candidates will also receive an approval text message on their registered mobile numbers.