JEE Main 2019 is scheduled to be held on January 6, 2019 and is going to be conducted by NTA (National Testing Agency) for the first time. In order to complete the application process, candidates need to upload the scanned images of their photograph and signature in proper dimensions, as prescribed by the NTA.
Latest B.Tech Application Forms
|Manipal University B.Tech Admission Open. Apply Now|
|SRM University AP B.Tech Admission Open. Apply Now|
Latest News Updates
The entire application process for JEE Main 2019 is online, so scanned images of photograph and signature should be also uploaded via online mode on official website. Although, uploading of scanned images seems to be a small step, but is a very important part of the entire application procedure and any mistake during this step can lead to rejection of the form.
Steps to upload the Images for JEE Main 2019
While scanning and uploading the photograph for JEE Main 2019, students need to follow certain guidelines prescribed by NTA. The following specifications are important in order to successfully upload the photograph:
- Fill the application form correctly and carefully.
- Upon filling the application form, note down the application number generated by the system.
- Upload the scanned images (photograph & signature) in proper size i.e. between 10KB – 100KB.
- Scanned images should be in .jpg or .jpeg format.
- Once the scanned images are successfully uploaded, make the application fee payment via SBI_MOPS.
- Carefully keep the receipt of the fee payment.
- After making the payment, take a print out of the confirmation page.
Following are some points that the candidate must keep in mind while scanning the photograph and signature:
- Resolution of the scanner should be minimum 200 dpi (dots per inch) and the color should be set to True Color.
- The size of the image should be between 10KB and 100KB and it should be in .jpg/.jpeg format.
- To adjust the images of photograph & signature to the above mentioned size, crop the image in the scanner to the edge and then use the upload editor, to crop the image to the final size.
- Check if the dimension and format for the scanned images is correct or not, by simply moving the mouse over the file image icon.
- Students using MS Windows/ MS Office can easily obtain the image in the specified format by using MS Office Picture Manager or MS Paint.
- Scanned images are to be uploaded only at the time of application.
- While uploading the scanned images, if the dimensions, format or size is not in the specified format, an error message will be displayed.
Procedure to upload Photograph & Signature
- Post filling the application form and hitting the ‘submit’ button, links to upload scanned images are displayed.
- Two separate links will be provided to upload the photograph and signature.
- Click on “Upload Photograph/Signature” link.
- Select the browse option and go to the location where you saved both the files.
- Select the respective file and press the upload option.
- If the scanned images are in the prescribed format, dimension and size, the uploading of images will be successful.
Guidelines for Scanned Photograph in JEE Main 2019
During JEE Main application, be careful while choosing the right photograph to upload. Here are some guidelines to select the right photograph.
- Do not upload a photograph clicked by mobile phone; it must be clicked by a professional camera with white background.
- The photograph that you select to upload should be clicked recently with your name and date of taking that photograph mentioned on it.
- The photograph can be colored or black & white with clear contrast and good resolution.
- Facial area must be covering 75% of the image and avoid wearing any muffler or scarf that may cover your face.
- Do not wear goggles in the photograph. Students with eye problems are allowed to wear spectacles and are advised to look straight into the camera for a better photograph.
- Polaroid images are not acceptable.
Latest Application Form Available 2018
- Apply for top International Institutions in USA. Click Here
Guidelines to upload Signature in JEE Main 2019
- Signature to be scanned should be done on clear white paper and should be clearly visible.
- Size of the scanned image of the signature should be between 4KB and 30KB and the format should be either .jpg or .jpeg.
- While signing, make sure to do that in running handwriting and not in capital letters.
- Overwriting in signature will not be accepted.
- Dimension of the signature should be 1.5 cm (height) X 3.5 cm (width).