The eligibility criteria for taking admissions to B.Arch and B.Planning has been updated by COA (Council of Architecture). NTA ( National Test Agency) has released an official notice with respect to candidates applying for JEE Main Paper 2.
As per the change, to take admissions in B.Arch or B.Planning, candidate must have Physics, Chemistry and Maths as main subjects. Along with this, candidate must score a minimum of 50% in each of the mentioned subjects. The aggregate percentage of the candidate is mandatory to be 50% in 10+2.
The revised JEE Main Eligibility Criteria for B.Arch course is stated as under : “No candidate shall be admitted to architecture course unless she/he has passed an examination at the end of the 10+2 scheme of examination with 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics and also 50% marks in aggregate of the 10+2 examination”.
The Council of Architecture has decided to bring this change in its Council of Architecture Regulations, 1983. Earlier, to be eligible for taking admissions to B.Arch and B.Planning, the aggregate percentage of the 10+2 standard required was 50% and the candidates must have studied maths as a subject in 10+2.
However after the amendment, candidate must have scored 50% each in Maths, Physics and Chemistry separately and should have an aggregate of 50% in class 12th.
According to a statement from NTA, the amendment was already published in June 6, 2017 but comes into effect from academic session 2019-2020.
Major Changes in JEE Main 2019
- From this year, JEE Main would be conducted by NTA.
- NTA would be taking the exam twice in a year, once in Jan and the other in April 2019.
- Candidates may take one exam from both the slots or may take exam in Dec as well as April.
- Higher obtained marks out of the two attempts would be considered for preparing admission list/AIR.
- Exam will be held in multiple slots across different dates.
- However, no slot booking facility is available. NTA to announce the allotted cities and date & time slot.
- Exam would be held in online mode only. NTA has scrapped the pen and paper based mode.
- Students may also take free practice tests in the exam format to be aware of it at practice centres.
Online registration process for first phase of JEE Main 2019 started from Sep 1, 2018 and closes on Sep 30, 2018. Candidates can fill up the application form on official website of NTA that is nta.ac.in.
Latest News Updates
Due date for paying online fees is Oct 1, 2018 by 11:50 pm. And if a student wants to update the filled details of application form, he/she may do the same from Oct 8, 2018 till Oct 14, 2018.
NTA will announce the exact time and date slot by October 05 while the city of examination for JEE Main Paper 1 and Paper 2 will be intimated by October 21.
The admit card of JEE Main (January Phase) is tentatively scheduled for release on December 17 on official website of NTA and the exam is likely to be held in January 2019.