JEE Main Counselling 2019: Candidates securing qualifying marks in JEE Main will only be eligible to participate in the counselling process. The seat allotment process will take place in June 2019. There are 3 counselling processes in JEE Main – JoSAA, CSAB SFTI and CSAB NEUT. Around 100 institutes participate in JEE Main counselling and admission process.
JoSAA Counselling is held for JEE Main and JEE Advanced qualified candidates. Whereas CSAB SFTI is the separate counselling procedure held by Central Seat Allocation Board for 17 Self-Financed Technical Institutions. CSAB NEUT is conducted for supernumerary seats in North East and Union Territories. CSAB Counselling will take place after the JoSAA Counselling. Read on to know more about JEE Main Counselling 2019.
Latest B.Tech Application Forms
|Manipal University B.Tech Admission Open. Apply Now|
|SRM University AP B.Tech Admission Open. Apply Now|
JEE Main Counselling 2019
Check here in the important JEE Main Counselling Dates
|Declaration of JEE Advanced 2019 AIR by JAB||2nd week of June 2019|
|Availability of Class 12th marks by CBSE to JoSAA||3rd week of June 2019|
|Declaration of JEE Main 2019 AIRs by Joint Apex Board||Last week of June 2019|
|Filling of Choices of academic programs in participating Institutes||Last week of June 2019|
|Process of Reconciliation of the data ion of seats and document verification begins from||Last week of June 2019|
|(First round)Seat allocation||Last week of June 2019|
|(First round)Acceptance of seat||1st week of July 2019|
|Display of seats filled/availability status||1st week of July 2019|
|(Second round)Seat allocation||1st week of July 2019|
|(Second round)Acceptance/withdrawal of seat||1st week of July 2019|
|Display of seat status of filled/available seats||After 2nd round seat acceptance|
|(Third round) Seat allocation||After 2nd round seat acceptance|
|(Third round) Acceptance/withdrawal of seat||2-3 days after seat allotment of 3rd round|
|Display of seats status of filled/available seats||After 3rd round seat acceptance|
|(Fourth round) Seat allocation||After 3rd round seat acceptance|
|(Fourth round)Acceptance of seats||1-2 days of seat allocation of 4th round|
|Beginning of academic sessions||4th week of July 2019|
|Reporting of candidates in the campus of admitting institutes (NITs); Schedule for IITs||4th week of July 2019|
|Beginning of Academic session for preparatory courses at IITs||4th week of July 2019|
|Beginning of Academic sessions at NITs||4th week of July 2019|
JEE Main Seat Allocation Process
- The Seat Allotment Process is purely based on the merit and the choices made by candidates in JoSAA and CSAB.
- Once the allotted seat is rejected, candidates will not be allowed to participate in the further rounds of the counselling.
- After the JoSAA seat allotment, CSAB counselling will take place.
JEE Main 2018 Seat Matrix
|Institutes||Total Number of Seats|
|Indian Institute of Information Technology (IIITs)||4023|
|National Institute of Technology (NITs)||17967|
|Government Funded Technical Institutes||4683|
JEE Main 2019 Counselling Procedure
Latest News Updates
JEE Main counselling involves following steps:
- Online Registration: Register online by providing JEE Main Roll Number and Password.
- Online Choice Filling and Locking: Fill and lock the choices of college and B.Tech course in order of preference. The allotment of seats will be based on the choice preference.
- Seat Allotment: Based on merit ranking, availability of seats and choice preference, seats will be allotted to eligible candidates. Before the actual allotment of seats, mock seat allotment will be carried out.
- Payment of Fees and Seat Acceptance: Post the seat allotment, candidates will have to choose any one of the following options:
- Freeze: Candidates who are satisfied with the allotted seat and do not wish to participate in the seat allotment process, may choose this option.
- Float: Those who want to keep the allotted seat but wish to upgrade their seat, may choose this option.
- Slide: Those who want to keep the allotted seat in the same institute but wish to upgrade the course.
- Withdraw: Candidates who have allocated the seat but wish to withdraw the admission, can withdraw the seat by reporting to the institute before the last date of seat allotment.
The fees can be paid through SBI Net Banking/ e-Challan. The seat acceptance fee is INR 45,000 for all the candidates, candidates belonging to SC/ ST/ SC-PwD/ ST-PwD/ GEN-PwD/ OBC-NCL-PwD category will have to pay INR 20,000 as seat acceptance fee.
- Document Verification: The documents have to be verified at the help centres. The following list of documents have to be carried for the purpose of verification:
- 3 passport size photographs (the same as uploaded during registration)
- Provisional JoSAA seat allotment letter
- Photo identity card
- Proof of seat acceptance fee payment
- JEE Main 2019 Admit Card
- Date of birth proof
- JEE Main 2019 Score Card
- Class XII Mark sheet
- Category certificate (if applicable)
- Final Reporting: After the verification of documents, candidates will have to report to the institute and there they have to pay the balanced fee.
Latest Application Form Available 2018
- Apply for top International Institutions in USA. Click Here
JEE Main 2018 Spot Counselling
- In case of vacant seats even after the usual rounds of JEE Main counselling, then JoSAA conducts Spot Counselling for the allocation of such seats.
- It is not required to register separately for the spot counselling round in JEE Main.
- Any applicant who has not been allotted any seat during the usual rounds of counselling can appear for the spot counselling process.
- Also, candidates who did not apply earlier for the usual rounds of allotment can appear for Spot Counselling.
- But, candidates who have missed the registration for JEE Main Counselling earlier have to register for Spot Counselling.
- Candidates applying fresh for the JEE Main Spot Counselling will have to lock the choices and make the payment of the fee before the last date.
Frequently Asked Question (FAQs)
Counselling is done for admission to 31 NITs, 23 IIITs, and 23 GFTIs.
The counselling process begins in the last week of June 2019.
No, The choice filling procedure has to be carried during the counselling registration and not after that. Not doing so will lead to non registration for the process.
Central Seat Allocation Board (CSAB) Special round is conducted only for NITs, IIITs & GFTIs after completion of JoSAA rounds.
Yes, the seat acceptance fee will be refunded after a deduction of INR 1000 as processing fee.
The fee for General candidates is INR 45000 whereas for the reserved categories it is INR 20,000.