Home » JEE Main Result
Category Archives: JEE Main Result
JEE Main Result 2019: Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) will release JEE Result in May 2019. The result is declared separately for Paper 1 and Paper 2. JEE Main result will be released in the form of scorecard at jeemain.nic and cbseresults.nic. To check the result, enter JEE Main Roll Number and Date of Birth.
JEE Main Scorecard will hold the All India Ranks (AIR), Category-wise Rank, Sectional Marks, and Cutoff Score for JEE Advanced 2019. Read on to know more about JEE Main result, qualifying marks, seat matrix, JEE Main 2019 statistics and steps for checking result.
JEE Main Result Date
The JEE Main Result Date 2019 for Paper 1 and Paper 2 is April 30 and May 30 respectively. The result can be checked through JEE Main login.
|JEE Paper||JEE Main 2019 Paper Date (Tentative)||JEE Main Result Date 2019 (Tentative)|
|Paper 1 (B.E./B.Tech.)||April 8, 15, 16||April 30|
|Paper 2 (B.Arch.)||April 8||May 30|
CBSE has not defined any particular time for the declaration of JEE Main Result. JEE Main Result 2018 was declared at 6:30 pm. While, in 2017, JEE Main result was declared at 1 p.m. while in 2016 the result was declared at 5 p.m.
Steps to Check JEE Main 2019 Result
Google has collaborated with CBSE for providing a direct link to the result. Candidates just have to type “JEE Main Result” in google search and the following page appears:
Steps to check result of JEE Main 2018 and downloading the scorecard are mentioned below:
- Go to the official site of CBSE Results or JEE Main
- Now move to result in a page
- Enter the required details such as Roll Number and Date of Birth
- Click on ‘Submit’ button
- Verify and Download the JEE Main 2019 result
- Take the print out of JEE Main scorecard for future correspondence.
Applicants should ensure the details mentioned on JEE Main 2019 Scorecard are correct.
Details mentioned on JEE Main Scorecard
Following are the particulars display on the scorecard:
- Name of applicant
- Date of Birth of applicant
- Roll number of the applicant
- Applicant’s photograph
- Sectional scores
- Qualifying scores
- Applicants All India Rank
- Applicants category wise rank
Copy of JEE Main Scorecard
Top 5 JEE Main 2018 Toppers
|Sr. No.||Toppers Name||State||Rank (AIR)||Marks|
|1||Suraj Krishna||Andhra Pradesh||1||350|
|2||K V R Hemant Kumar Chodipilli||Andhra Pradesh||2||350|
JEE Main 2018 Seat Matrix
|S.No||Institutes||Total Number of Seats|
|1||Indian Institute of Information Technology (IIITs)||4023|
|2||National Institute of Technology (NITs)||17967|
|3||Government Funded Technical Institutes||4683|
JEE Main 2018 Qualifying Cutoff
|Category||Qualified||Max Marks||Min Marks|
|Common Rank List||111275||350||74|
JEE Main Rank Calculation
JEE Main Merit list will be released at the time of counselling. Also, class 12 marks will not be considered for calculation of ranks. The following formula is used for calculating JEE Main score is-
JEE Main Score = 4 marks x number of correct answers – number of wrong answers x 1
The actual scores of candidates in JEE Main exam will be used to compute the ranks. The AIR is affected directly by the scores obtained in Joint Entrance Exam i.e. higher the scores, better the rank in JEE Main. In case, two or more candidates score equal marks, then the tie-breaking rule or inter-se-merit will be applicable.
JEE Main Marks Vs Rank
The following table depicts the approximate marks range for calculating the probable rank in JEE Main.
|301 to 360||1 – 9|
|281 to 300||10 – 83|
|261 to 280||84 – 244|
|241 to 260||245 – 706|
|221 to 240||707 – 1755|
|201 to 220||1756 – 4163|
|181 to 200||4164 – 8997|
|161 to 180||8998 – 18371|
|141 to 160||18372 – 35928|
|121 to 140||35929 – 67649|
|101 to 120||67651 – 125722|
|81 to 100||125723 – 237034|
|61 to 80||237035 – 463443|
|41 to 60||463444 – 844544|
|21 to 40||844546 – 1093113|
|1 to 20||1093115 – 1121966|
JEE Main Answer Key 2019
The exam conducting body will release the image responses & answer keys of the offline exam and answer keys of CBT at www.jeemain.nic.in. The answer keys will be available online until the result is announced. Those who are not satisfied with the captured response can challenge the JEE Main official answer keys along with the proof. A fee of INR 1000 per question will be charged for challenging the answer keys where the JAB’s/CBSE’s decision on the challenges will be final.
JEE Main Rank List 2019
- A rank list will be set up according to the marks obtained by the candidate in the JEE Main examination.
- It will be released independently for paper 1 as well as paper 2.
- Admissions will be provided according to the rank achieved in the entrance test.
- The tie-breaking rule will be applied in case two or more applicants get equal marks.
JEE Main Counselling 2019
- JoSAA holds JEE Main Counselling and Seat Allotment for JEE Main and JEE Advanced candidates after the declaration of JEE Main result.
- A total of 6 rounds will be conducted for admission.
- Based on marks scored in JEE Main, candidates will be called for JEE Main Counselling.
- 23 IITs, 31 NITs, 23 IIITs and 23 Other-Government Funded Technical Institutes (Other-GFTIs) will be participating in JEE Main Counselling.
- The entire seat allocation and admission process would be managed through centralized JEE Main Counselling.