Home » JEE Main Eligibility Criteria
Category Archives: JEE Main Eligibility Criteria
JEE Main Eligibility Criteria 2019: The organising authority releases JEE Main eligibility with the release of its official notification. A total of 3 attempts will be provided to clear JEE Main exam. The basic eligibility to appear for Joint Entrance Examination (Main) is to have passed or appearing in 10+2 exam in science stream. Check JEE Main 2019 Syllabus
JEE Main Exam Pattern consists of two Papers with varying eligibility:
- Paper 1 (For B.E./ B.Tech) – Physics and Mathematics along with one of these subjects, Chemistry/ Biology/ Biotechnology are mandatory in the qualifying exam.
- Paper 2 (For B.Arch./B.Planning ) – Mathematics with aggregate 50% marks in 5 subjects.
All the applicants are requested to check JEE Main eligibility criteria before submitting the JEE Main Application Form. Go through the following article to know more information on JEE Main Eligibility Criteria 2019.
Latest Application Form Available 2019
- Apply for top International Institutions in USA. Click Here
JEE Main Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must check their eligibility before applying for the JEE Main exam.
- Candidates born on or after 1st October 1994 are eligible
- 5 Year relaxation in upper age to SC/ST and PWD candidates
- Date of Birth should be as on Class 10th Certificate.
Latest News Updates
- Aspirants should have passed the Qualifying exam for the last two years of the school with subjects of Physics and Math as a compulsion and any of the Chemistry/Bio-Technology/Biology/Computer Science as an optional subject.
- Aspirants must have achieved a minimum of 50% aggregate in the class XII exam
Year of Passing
- Year of passing for the qualifying exam for candidates must be 2017 or 2018.
- Candidates who are appearing for exam in 2019 are also eligible for the JEE Main,
- The aspirant must pass the qualifying exam with at least 5 subjects.
- Nationality: The Candidate must be an Indian Citizen.
- NRIs, PIOs, OCIs & Foreign national candidates can also apply.
- Candidates can apply for JEE Main exam only for 3 times
Number of Attempts:
- As per the JEE Main 2019 eligibility criteria, a candidate is allowed for 3 consecutive attempts to qualify the exams.
No weightage to Class 12th marks
As per CBSE’s directive, class XII marks will not be considered while calculating JEE Main 2019 All India Rank. however, a minimum of 50% aggregate is required at the time of applying for JEE Main exam.
IS Aadhaar Card Required to Apply for JEE Main 2019?
- As per latest notification released by NTA, it is not mandatory for applicants to have Aadhaar Card while filling the JEE Main 2019 application form.
- Candidates will have to provide any identification proof and their Aadhaar card serves as one of the documents accepted by NTA to verify name, date of birth and gender of the candidate.
- They must make sure that the details provided in the identification proof should match with the school records.
- In case, the details do not match, then the candidates need to get it rectified.
- Candidates who do not have their Aadhaar Cards can also apply for JEE Main 2019.
JEE Main Eligibility for Dropouts
The eligibility condition for dropout students does not vary but they must fall under the age category of 24 years.
State Code of Eligibility
The State Code means the code of the State from where a candidate has passed class 10+2 or equivalent examination. The following table enlists the states and the respective codes:
|Andaman & Nicobar Islands||01||Lakshadweep||19|
|Andhra Pradesh||02.||Madhya Pradesh||20|
|Dadra & Nagar Haveli||08||Odisha||26|
|Daman & Diu||09||Puducherry||27|
|Jammu & Kashmir||15||Uttar Pradesh||33|
|Foreign/ OCI/ PIO/ Nepal / Bhutan||98|
Admission to NIT, IIT and GFITs
B.Tech admissions in NITs, IIITs and GFTIS: Candidates should have scored a minimum of 75% marks in their exams within JEE Main 2019 OR must be in the top 20 percentile of their 10+2 board exams.
B.Arch/ B.Planning: Candidates are required to have Maths as a compulsory subject with 75% marks in total including five subjects with JEE Main Paper 2.
JEE Main Reservation of Seats
A few of the total seats are reserved for candidates belonging to OBC, SC, ST, and PwD candidates. The percentage of seats reserved for each category is given below in the table:
Category Wise JEE Main Reservation of seats