Home » JEE Main Eligibility Criteria
Category Archives: JEE Main Eligibility Criteria
JEE Main Eligibility Criteria 2019: The organising authority will release the JEE Main eligibility with the release of its official notification. A total of 3 attempts will be provided to clear JEE Main exam. The basic eligibility to appear for Joint Entrance Examination (Main) is to pass 10+2 exam in science stream. With this, Aadhaar card is a mandatory document to appear for the exam.
- For B.E./ B.Tech (Paper 1) – Physics and Mathematics along with one of these subjects, Chemistry/ Biology/ Biotechnology are mandatory in the qualifying exam.
- For B.Arch./B.Planning (Paper 2) – Mathematics with aggregate 50% marks in 5 subjects.
Latest B.Tech Application Forms
|Manipal University B.Tech Admission Open. Apply Now|
|SRM University AP B.Tech Admission Open. Apply Now|
All the applicants are requested to check the JEE Main eligibility criteria before submitting the application form. Go through the following article to know more information on JEE Main Eligibility Criteria 2019.
Latest Application Form Available 2018
- Apply for top International Institutions in USA. Click Here
JEE Main Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must check their eligibility before applying for the JEE Main exam.
- Candidates born on or after 1st October 1994 are eligible
- 5 Year relaxation in upper age to SC/ST and PWD candidates
- Date of Birth should be as on Class 10th Certificate.
Latest News Updates
- Aspirants should have passed the Qualifying exam for the last two years of the school with subjects of Physics and Math as a compulsion and any of the Chemistry/Bio-Technology/Biology/Computer Science as an optional subject.
- Aspirants must have achieved a minimum of 50% aggregate in the class XII exam
Year of Passing
- Year of passing for the qualifying exam for candidates must be 2017 or 2018.
- Candidates who are appearing for exam in 2019 are also eligible for the JEE Main,
- The aspirant must pass the QE with at least 5 subjects.
- Nationality: The Candidate must be an Indian Citizen.
- NRIs, PIOs, OCIs & Foreign national candidates can also apply.
- Candidates can apply for JEE Main exam only for 3 times.
- Aadhaar Card is very important to apply for this exam.
Number of Attempts:
- As per the JEE Main 2019 eligibility criteria, a candidate is allowed for 3 consecutive attempts to qualify the exams.
No weightage to Class 12th marks
As per CBSE’s directive, class XII marks will not be considered while calculating JEE Main 2019 All India Rank.
Availability of Aadhaar Card
- It is mandatory for applicants to have Aadhaar Card because while filling the JEE Main application form, candidates will have to provide their Aadhaar card number, name, date of birth and gender for identification purposes. They must make sure that the details provided in the Aadhaar Card should match with the school records.
- In case, the details do not match, then the candidates need to get it rectified.
- For candidates who do not have their Aadhaar Cards, they will have to fill an application for Aadhaar.
- Candidates who do not have the Aadhaar Card and are from J&K, Meghalaya, and Assam, will have to sharetheir passport number, ration card number, bank account number or any other valid Govt. ID.
JEE Main Eligibility for Dropouts
The eligibility condition for dropout students does not vary but they must fall under the age category of 24 years.
State Code of Eligibility
The State Code means the code of the State from where a candidate has passed class 10+2 or equivalent examination. The following table enlists the states and the respective codes:
|Andaman & Nicobar Islands||01||Lakshadweep||19|
|Andhra Pradesh||02.||Madhya Pradesh||20|
|Dadra & Nagar Haveli||08||Odisha||26|
|Daman & Diu||09||Puducherry||27|
|Jammu & Kashmir||15||Uttar Pradesh||33|
|Foreign/ OCI/ PIO/ Nepal / Bhutan||98|
Admission to NIT, IIT and GFITs
B.Tech admissions in NITs, IIITs and GFTIS: Candidates should have scored a minimum of 75% marks in their exams within JEE Main 2019 OR must be in the top 20 percentile of their 10+2 board exams.
B.Arch/ B.Planning: Candidates are required to have Maths as a compulsory subject with 75% marks in total including five subjects with JEE Main Paper 2.
JEE Main Reservation of Seats
A few of the total seats are reserved for candidates belonging to OBC, SC, ST, and PwD candidates. The percentage of seats reserved for each category is given below in the table:
Category Wise JEE Main Reservation of seats