Home » Application Form
Category Archives: Application Form
JEE Main 2019 is scheduled to be held on January 6, 2019 and is going to be conducted by NTA (National Testing Agency) for the first time. In order to complete the application process, candidates need to upload the scanned images of their photograph and signature in proper dimensions, as prescribed by the NTA.
Latest News Updates
The entire application process for JEE Main 2019 is online, so scanned images of photograph and signature should be also uploaded via online mode on official website. Although, uploading of scanned images seems to be a small step, but is a very important part of the entire application procedure and any mistake during this step can lead to rejection of the form.
Steps to upload the Images for JEE Main 2019
While scanning and uploading the photograph for JEE Main 2019, students need to follow certain guidelines prescribed by NTA. The following specifications are important in order to successfully upload the photograph:
- Fill the application form correctly and carefully.
- Upon filling the application form, note down the application number generated by the system.
- Upload the scanned images (photograph & signature) in proper size i.e. between 10KB – 100KB.
- Scanned images should be in .jpg or .jpeg format.
- Once the scanned images are successfully uploaded, make the application fee payment via SBI_MOPS.
- Carefully keep the receipt of the fee payment.
- After making the payment, take a print out of the confirmation page.
Following are some points that the candidate must keep in mind while scanning the photograph and signature:
- Resolution of the scanner should be minimum 200 dpi (dots per inch) and the color should be set to True Color.
- The size of the image should be between 10KB and 100KB and it should be in .jpg/.jpeg format.
- To adjust the images of photograph & signature to the above mentioned size, crop the image in the scanner to the edge and then use the upload editor, to crop the image to the final size.
- Check if the dimension and format for the scanned images is correct or not, by simply moving the mouse over the file image icon.
- Students using MS Windows/ MS Office can easily obtain the image in the specified format by using MS Office Picture Manager or MS Paint.
- Scanned images are to be uploaded only at the time of application.
- While uploading the scanned images, if the dimensions, format or size is not in the specified format, an error message will be displayed.
Procedure to upload Photograph & Signature
- Post filling the application form and hitting the ‘submit’ button, links to upload scanned images are displayed.
- Two separate links will be provided to upload the photograph and signature.
- Click on “Upload Photograph/Signature” link.
- Select the browse option and go to the location where you saved both the files.
- Select the respective file and press the upload option.
- If the scanned images are in the prescribed format, dimension and size, the uploading of images will be successful.
Guidelines for Scanned Photograph in JEE Main 2019
During JEE Main application, be careful while choosing the right photograph to upload. Here are some guidelines to select the right photograph.
- Do not upload a photograph clicked by mobile phone; it must be clicked by a professional camera with white background.
- The photograph that you select to upload should be clicked recently with your name and date of taking that photograph mentioned on it.
- The photograph can be colored or black & white with clear contrast and good resolution.
- Facial area must be covering 75% of the image and avoid wearing any muffler or scarf that may cover your face.
- Do not wear goggles in the photograph. Students with eye problems are allowed to wear spectacles and are advised to look straight into the camera for a better photograph.
- Polaroid images are not acceptable.
Latest Application Form Available 2018
- Apply for top International Institutions in USA. Click Here
Guidelines to upload Signature in JEE Main 2019
- Signature to be scanned should be done on clear white paper and should be clearly visible.
- Size of the scanned image of the signature should be between 4KB and 30KB and the format should be either .jpg or .jpeg.
- While signing, make sure to do that in running handwriting and not in capital letters.
- Overwriting in signature will not be accepted.
- Dimension of the signature should be 1.5 cm (height) X 3.5 cm (width).
JEE Main Application Form 2019 for April session is available at jeemain.nic.in since February 08, 2019. The process of applying for JEE Main is completely online. However, the application fee can be paid in both online and offline modes.
The fee varies as per the number of papers opted, category and exam centers. The deadline for submitting duly filled JEE Main 2019 Application Form with requisite fee is March 07, 2019. Check JEE Main 2019 Exam Dates
Candidates must check JEE Main 2019 Eligibility before applying for the exam.
Note: Candidates who had registered in JEE Main 2019 January session can directly apply for April session using their Application Number and Password. They need not to re-register. NTA will cancel the candidature of those who file multiple applications. Check JEE Main Application Form Correction
NTA, the new conducting body for JEE Main from 2019, will conduct the exam twice a year. The result for JEE Main I 2019 was announced on the official site on January 19.
All the details must be filled-in correctly to prevent any objection being raised on application form. Read on to know more about JEE Main Application Form, Fees, Important Dates, Image Specifications and Steps for Registration.
Candidates can check NTA official notice for dates and shift allotment of JEE Main 2019. Read More
JEE Main 2019 Highlights
|Exam Name||JEE Main|
|Conducting Authority||Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE)|
|Mode of Registration||Online|
|Availability of JEE Main Application Form||September 01, 2018|
|Last Date to Submit JEE Main Application Form||September 30, 2018|
|JEE Main Application Form Correction||3rd week of October|
|JEE Main Exam Date||January 06 – January 20, 2019|
Pre-requisites for JEE Main Registration
Documents required at the time of filling JEE Main application form are mentioned in the following table:
|Photograph in JPEG format-4KB to 100KB (size), 3.5cm (width) x 4.5cm (length) (dimensions)||Signature in JPEG format- 1KB to 30KB (size), 3.5cm (width) x 1.5cm (length) (dimensions)|
|Aadhaar card number||Proof of Date of Birth|
|Class 10 certificate||Class 12 mark sheet|
|Caste Certificate for SC or ST||Caste Certificate for SC or ST|
How to Fill Application Form
Follow the below-given steps to fill JEE Main Application Form 2019:
Step 1: JEE Main Registration and Form Filling
Visit jeemain.nic.in and Click on “Apply for JEE Main 2019” and fill the authentication form by providing the following details:
- State of Eligibility
- State where Class 12th School / NIOS study centre is located
- Identification Type
- Aadhaar Card Number
- Candidate’s Name
- Date of Birth
- Security Pin
Engineering aspirants appearing for JEE Main 2019 are required to enter the following details:
- Candidate’s Details: Nationality, Category, Address, Birth District, Religion, Minority Status, Disability Status.
- Academic Details: Year of passing class 12, Percentage/Marks – class 12/10, Question Paper Language, Qualifying Exam Code, School Education Board.
- Other Details: Self Declaration, Aadhaar Card Details, Father/Mother/Guardian’s Details.
Step 2: Upload images
Candidates are required to upload Photograph and Signature as per the given specifications:
|Photograph (JPG)||3.5*4.5 cm(width*height)||4-40 KB|
|Signature(JPG)||3.5*1.5 cm(width*height)||1-30 KB|
Step 3: Payment of Application Fee
It is advised to candidates to keep a record of their online transaction which shall be made through debit or credit card or e-challan.
JEE Main Application Fee
Offline Exam (Pen or Paper Based)
|Paper/Category||Paper I or II||Paper I and II Both||Paper I or II||Paper I and II both|
|Exam Center in India||Exam Centre in out of India|
Online Mode (Computer Based)
|Paper/Category||Paper I or II||Paper I and II Both||Paper I or II||Paper I and II both|
Step 4: Select Exam Centres and Slot for the exam: To schedule the exam the candidate can choose any of the 258 exam cities. Those who are first to arrive will be the first to receive their preferred location at the point of scheduling the exam. Candidates opting for offline have to choose a minimum of 4 JEE Main Exam Centres and those opting for computer-based test (CBT) platform have to choose only one test centre.
Latest News Updates
JEE Main Application Form Status
The status of the application form can be checked using “Application Form Progress” feature available on the left side of the application window. It has 3 steps:
- View Application Form
- View Scanned Images
- View Payment Status
Click on any of the above stages to check the JEE Main Form Status.
JEE Main Application Form Correction
Candidates must fill the JEE Main Application Form very carefully to avoid mistakes though there is scope of correcting the form later. If any information needs to be updated or is incorrect, visit the official website during the schedule fixed for the correction facility and click Edit Application Form and make necessary changes.
During JEE Main form correction, if applicable, candidates have to pay an additional fee either online through credit/debit card/E-wallet/SBI buddy/Paytm or through e-challan generated during online correction by cash in Syndicate/Canara/ICICI Bank.
Forgot Application Number/Password
In case one forgets the Application Number/Password, they can follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Retrieving Application Number: Click on “I Can’t access my account”, then fill up the fields, Name, DOB, Fathers name, mothers name to retrieve the application number.
- Retrieving Password: Go to the website and select “forgot password”. Choose Security Question & its Answer you opted while filling the application form. Enter the verification code sent via text message to your Registered Mobile No. and submit to retrieve the password.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Ans: Candidates may opt out of appearing for the exam, but the application fee cannot be refunded. However, if your application process is incomplete or the status of your application is negative, payment will go in for refund process. The refund will take about 7 days and must be checked with the bank.
Ans: Locate an Aadhaar enrolment centre near you, and apply for an Aadhaar at the earliest or submit a correction request at your nearest Aadhaar centre.
Ans: CBSE has stipulated that JEE Main is a necessary proviso for any candidate desirous of taking admission to an IIT.