JEE Main 2019 is going to be held from January 6 to January 20 this year. The registration for JEE Main started on September 01 and would wind up on Sep 30, 2018. Candidates can register online only at official website of NTA, nta.ac.in. However, since the beginning of process several queries were made concerning the requirement of aadhaar details in application form of JEE Main 2019 and UGC-NET Dec 2018.
In a response to these queries, NTA (National Test Agency on Tuesday, 11 Sep, 2018 published a notice clarifying that filling up of Aadhaar card number in the application forms is not necessary. The official notice by NTA clearly indicates, “it is hereby clarified that while filling in online Application Form and as per the ‘Replica of Application Form’ given in Annexure VIII (page 39-40) (UGC-NET Bulletin December 2018) in the drop down box regarding ‘Identification Type’ and as also given on page 11, the Aadhaar number is only one of the types of identification and is not mandatory”.
This now is expected to clear the confusion for all JEE aspirants. NTA has also mentioned that in place of Aadhaar Number, any government identity number would be accepted. It may be ration card number, bank account number, passport number etc. In the application form of JEE Main and UGC-NET which are being filled, candidates would be provided to enter any valid government identity number.
Latest News Updates
How to Apply for JEE Main 2019?
JEE Main Registration can be completed through the website – nta.ac.in or jeemain.nic.in. Filling up the complete form consists of four stages. Let’s browse through the steps one at a time:
- Registration- This is the very first page to be filled while applying online for JEE Main 2019. Here you would be submitting your basic details such as
- state of eligibility
- state from where the candidate has passed class 12th
- identification ID type and identification ID
- candidate’s name
- date of birth
- security pin.
- Application Form- After successful registration, you would be asked to submit other details which includes:
- personal details
- details related to examination
- academic details
- contact details
- guardian details
- in the end you would be setting password which would be further used to login by the candidate to check the status.
- Uploading of documents (scanned) – After filling-in the required details in the application form, candidates are required to upload the asked documents.
- What should be kept in mind is, the documents should be in prescribed form otherwise they won’t get uploaded.
- After clicking on “upload scanned images”, you would be asked to upload photo and signature of the candidate.
- The specifications for to-be-uploaded documents would be mentioned there already.
- Application fees payment- The last step is to pay the application fees. After verifying the details that you have submitted earlier, make payment for prescribed application fees. Payment can be done through credit/debit card, net banking and offline through e-challan. Oct 1, 2018 is the last date to deposit payment in online mode.
The application fee for JEE Main 2019 is tabulated below:
|Paper/Category||Paper 1 or 2||Paper 1 and 2 Both||Paper 1 or 2||Paper 1 and 2 both|
|Those who’s Exam Centre is in India||Those who’s Exam Centre is out of India|
|Offline Modes (Pen & Paper Based)||General/OBCs (Boys)||1000||1800||2500||3800|
|Online Modes (Computer Based)||General/OBCs (Boys)||500||1300||2500||3800|