JEE Main 2019 is conducted by NTA (National Testing Agency) twice a year for admission to B.E./B.Tech & B.Arch courses. The online registration window closed on September 30. JEE Main admit card will be available for download from December 17.
NTA has released the list of exam centers for JEE Main 2019 on October 21,2018. Candidates can use their login credentials and get details on the official site of NTA.
Latest B.Tech Application Forms
|Manipal University B.Tech Admission Open. Apply Now|
|SRM University AP B.Tech Admission Open. Apply Now|
Slot Booking Details for JEE Main 2019 has been released on October 5, 2018. The new conducting body, NTA has the sole authority of giving the exam schedule. The earlier facility of JEE Main Slot booking is now scrapped. There are 2 shifts for JEE Main 2019 paper 1- first, 9:30-12:30 pm and the second, 2:30-5:30 pm. Paper 2 of JEE Main 2019 will be held only in one shift. NTA will allot the exam center according to the 4 preferences you have made for the test centers. There is no other choice that you have for JEE Main 2019. Details of exam cities will be available from October 21, 2018 on the official site of JEE Main.
The first phase of JEE Main 2019 is scheduled in online mode from January 06 to January 20 in online mode. Paper 1 of JEE Main (B.E./B.Tech) is a gateway to various IITs, NITs, IIITs and CFTIs. While JEE Main Paper 2 is held for admission to B.Arch course. To get familiar with the exam pattern, NTA has provided JEE Main Mock tests where students can practice for the main exam.
On the basis of JEE Main Score, around 25220 seats Engineering and Architecture seats are filled every year. JEE Main is a 3-hours duration exam consisting of Objective Type and Drawing Aptitude (only for Paper 2) questions. Objective type questions are based on class 11 and 12th science syllabus.NTA Releases official notice for dates and shift allotment for JEE Main 2019 Candidates. Read More
There will be no change in the pattern of the examination. The registration process will begin in September 2018. The exam is held in multiple sessions in online mode.
The process of registering for JEE Main, issuance of Admit Card to publishing of Results will be done in online mode through the official website www.jeemain.nic.in. Please note that applicants’ Aadhaar Card is mandatory for JEE Main Registration. Read on to know more about JEE Main 2019.
Changes Introduced in JEE Main
- JEE Main 2019 to be conducted in 8 sittings from January 06 to January 20 and April 07 to April 21.
- No pen and paper based test option for aspirants. Exam to be shifted to online mode completely.
- 3000 new training centers to be set up for training of candidates.
- Mo new changes expected to be announced in the exam pattern, setting of question paper, etc.
- No need to verify class 12th roll number.
- Applicants can book their exam slot.
- Increased the number of exam centers to 258 which include 248 exam centres in India and 10 centres in abroad countries.
- Diabetic students can take sugar tablets, fruits and transparent water bottle at the exam centre.
JEE exam will be held in Jan & April and NEET will be conducted in Feb & May.
Practice module will be made available at https://t.co/cbXk3oYpaZ from 1st August’2018. From august end, students can practice, if needed in the nearby engg. colleges, CBSE/KV schools, etc. #NTA
— Prakash Javadekar (@PrakashJavdekar) July 7, 2018
JEE Main 2019 Highlights
|Name of Examination||JEE Main 2019|
|Conducting Body||NTA (National Testing Agency)|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Exam Level||National Level UG Entrance|
|Mode of Exam||Online|
|Number of Papers||2 (Paper 1 for B.E./B. Tech & Paper 2 for B. Arch/B. Planning)|
|JEE Main Helpdesk||7042399520, 7042399521, 7042399525, 7042399526|
Latest News Updates
JEE Main 2019: Exam Dates
JEE Main 2019 exam dates will be announced by NTA in due course through the official notification. A tentative Calendar of Events for the exam is tabulated below.
|Release of JEE Main Notification||September 01, 2018||February 08, 2019|
|Commencement of JEE Main Application Form||September 01, 2018||February 08, 2019|
|Closure of Application Process||September 30, 2018||March 07, 2019|
|Availability of Admit Card||December 17, 2018||March 18, 2019|
|JEE Main 2019 Online Exam||January 06 to January 20, 2019||April 06 to April 20, 2019|
|Declaration of Result||January 31, 2019||April 30, 2019|
JEE Main Eligibility Criteria
Candidates need to fulfil primarily 4 eligibility conditions to apply for JEE Main 2019, the same is tabulated below:
|Criteria||Eligibility for Appearing in JEE Main||Relaxation (for reserved categories)|
|Age limit||Must have been born on or after Oct 1, 1993||5 Years relaxation for SC, ST and PWD|
|Minimum qualifying marks (for admission in NITs, IIITs, IITs and CFTIs)||75% marks in aggregate||65% marks in aggregate|
|Year of passing class 12||Passing after 2015 or appearing in 2018||–|
|Total number of attempts||3||–|
- The exam organising body allows candidates with 40% or more disability to avail the assistance of a Scribe or a Reader.
- Candidates applying for B.E./B. Tech should have studied Physics and Mathematics along with Chemistry/Biology/Biotechnology while candidates applying for B. Arch/B. Planning should have studied Mathematics in their +2 level.
- There is no specification on pass percentage in the qualifying examination to write JEE Main. However, for admissions into the IITs, NITs, IIITs and CFTIs, candidates need to have an aggregate score of 75% in the qualifying exam (65% for SC/ST/PwD categories)
JEE Main Reservation Criteria
The exam conducting body assigns All India Rankings to candidates as per their respective categories following the GOI directives regarding reservation as tabulated below:
|Other Backward Caste (Non-Creamy Layer)||27|
|Scheduled Castes (SC)||15|
|Scheduled Tribes (ST)||7.5|
|Persons with Disability (PwD)||3|
The benefit of reservation for admission into the NITs/IIITs and CFTIs are extended in accordance with central category list published by the GOI. State Engineering colleges accepting JEE Main scores abide by the state reservation rules.
JEE Main Application Form
- JEE Main 2019 Application form can be completed in the online mode. The application form can be accessed at the official website.
- Except for candidates belonging to J&K, Assam, and Meghalaya, it is mandatory for all other candidates to register with their Aadhar Number (Aadhar Enrolment Number for candidates whose Aadhaar Card has been applied for but not issued yet).
- J&K, Assam and Meghalaya candidates can register with a valid passport number, bank a/c number, ration card number or any such ID proof issued by the government.
- Also, candidates must have a valid personal email ID and an active mobile number for JEE Main Registration. Candidates are advised to retain their registered email ID and mobile phone number till the JEE Main and subsequent processes till admission are over as important information may be shared via email or SMS by exam-conducting authority.
The application process contains 7 steps to complete the JEE Main Application Form. They are:
- Registration through Aadhaar Number
- Fill Online Application Form
- Verification of Mobile Number and Email ID
- Uploading of Images
- Fee Payment
- Slot Booking (only for Computer Based Test)
- Printing of Acknowledgement Page
- Candidates need to ensure that all details entered on the JEE Main Application Form are correct as there is a very limited scope to make any correction/modification in the form after submission. There is usually a short window for online correction or modification with a valid reason for specific sections in the form. Please note that no change will be accepted through fax/application including e-mail etc.
- The application fee for JEE Main can be paid online (debit/credit cards) as well as offline (e-challan deposited with the requisite amount of cash at Syndicate/Canara/ICICI Bank). Additional bank charges as applicable are to be borne by the candidates.
- Please note that in case the payment process is not complete, the acknowledgement slip will not be generated upon submission of JEE Main Application Form. The fee payment status can be checked on the official website.
- Candidates are required to upload scanned copies of their photograph, specimen signature and specimen signature of either parents/guardian as per the specifications given below:
|Image particulars||File Type||File Size|
|Candidate’s Recent Photograph (photograph should be clear with candidate’s name and date of clicking the photograph printed on it)||.jpeg||4 KB – 40 KB|
|Candidate’s Specimen Signature||.jpeg||1 KB – 30 KB|
|Either parents’/guardian’s specimen signature||.jpeg||1 KB – 30 KB|
- Please note that candidates are not required to send the hard copy of JEE Main Application to the NTA. However, candidates are advised to obtain a print of the application acknowledgement page for future reference.
JEE Main Application Fee
JEE Main Application Fee varies for different categories as well as the choice of exam center and mode of exam. The expected fee details for JEE Main 2019 with all the variations are tabulated below:
|Paper||Offline Mode||Online Mode|
|For Exam Centers in India|
|Paper 1||INR 1000||INR 500||INR 500||INR 250|
|Paper 2||INR 1000||INR 500||–||–|
|Both Papers||INR 1800||INR 900||INR 1300||INR 650|
|For Exam Centers Abroad|
|Paper 1||INR 2500||INR 1250||INR 2500||INR 1250|
|Paper 2||INR 2500||INR 1250||–||–|
|Both Papers||INR 3800||INR 1900||INR 3800||INR 1900|
Please note that application fees once paid will not be refunded under any circumstances.
JEE Main Application Form Correction
The organising authority provides a one-time facility for making corrections in certain fields of JEE Main Application Form. An additional amount of fee may be charged for making corrections. The correction window will open in the month of January after the last date of submitting application form.
The corrections made after the end date of will not be considered. The form correction facility is just like filling the registration form again for JEE Main 2019. Every detail can be changed/edited except the mode of examination.
JEE Main Admit Card
JEE Main 2019 Admit Card will be uploaded on the official website www.jeemain.nic.in for all the candidates who have submitted the online application form complete in all respect within the deadline. The admit card has to be downloaded and printed from the website for writing the exam.
Candidates are advised to check the Admit Card meticulously for the details such as Name, Paper, Date of Birth, Gender, Test Centre Name, City, State Code of Eligibility and Category. Any discrepancy should be immediately reported to JEE Main Secretariat/NTA for necessary action.
JEE Main Exam Center
- JEE Main 2019 is expected to be conducted in about 258 test locations including 10 cities outside India. All the locations will have the facility of CBT while about 110+ locations are expected to have the facility of PBT. The comprehensive list of test locations and their codes will be available with the official information brochure.
- At the time of JEE Main application, candidates must select 4 exam locations in case of PBT and 1 location in case of CBT. If a candidate is opting for Paper 1 in a location where only CBT is conducted but wants to appear for Paper 2 as well, they have to select 4 other exam locations with PBT facility.
- Please note that if the number of candidates for CBT is less than 50 in a city on any scheduled date, then all such candidates will be allotted the last day of the CBT in the same location.
- The organising body will make all efforts to allot test locations as per candidates’ preferences; however, there can be exceptions due to unavoidable circumstances. Any request for change of test location will not be entertained; however, the decision of the Executive Director (JAB) will be final in this context.
Check JEE Main Exam Centers
JEE Main Exam Pattern
The highlights of JEE Main Exam Pattern are tabulated here:
|Specifications||Paper 1||Paper 2|
|Course||B.E./B. Tech||B. Arch/B. Planning|
|Question Type||Objective, multiple-choice questions with four options from which candidate has to choose one correct answer. The drawing questions in Paper 2 will be subjective in nature.|
|Medium of Exam||Candidates in Gujarat, Dadra, Nagar Haveli, and Daman & Diu: English, Hindi, Gujarati.|
|Rest of India: English, Hindi|
|Mode of Exam||Online and Offline||Offline|
|Sections||Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics||Aptitude Test, Mathematics and Drawing Test|
|Questions in Each Section||30||50 – Aptitude test | 30 – Mathematics | 2 – Drawing Test|
|Duration||3 hours||3 hours|
|Marking Scheme||+4 for correct answer | -1 for incorrect answer||+4 for correct answer | -1 for an incorrect answer
35 marks for each question in Drawing Section
JEE Main 2019 Mock Test
MHRD and NTA has made several efforts to make the preparation smoother for engineering aspirants. The official mock test for JEE Main 2019 and UGC NET is live on the official site, nta.ac.in.
Moreover, more than 3000 TPCs (Test Practice Centers) have been allocated across the country for students lacking access to computers for practicing mock test. Candidates can register for TPCs on the official site and centres will be allocated for specific batches. Check Complete Details About JEE Main Mock Test
NTA has also uploaded video lectures from prominent faculty as part of IIT-PAL video series. These video lectures can also be accessed from the Youtube and on mobile devices using ‘Swayam’ App. The lectures are currently added for Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Biology.
In a major shift from the traditional mode of conducting entrance exams, the new test conducting authority NTA has decided to introduce CBT (Computer Based Test) in all the major national level entrance exams including JEE Main.
While CBT was earlier introduced few years back in JEE Main, students also had the option of Pen and Paper Based test. However, offline mode was scrapped from this year and it created confusion among all the aspirants. NTA however has emphasised that the online mode will bring more transparency and with the advent of AI and Machine Learning, this will provide a fairer ground for students’ assessment.
JEE Main Syllabus
JEE Main Syllabus for Paper 1 covers the syllabus of Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics of CBSE class 11 and 12. While the questions in Paper 2 will be largely on Aptitude and Drawing along with some class 12 level Mathematics. Check JEE Main 2019 Syllabus
The important topics as specified for JEE Main is tabulated below:
|Physics||Physics and Measurement; Kinematics; Laws of Motion; Work, Energy and Power; Rotational Motion; Gravitation; Properties of Solids and Liquids; Thermodynamics, Kinetic Theory of Gases; Oscillation of Waves; Electrostatics; Current Electricity; Magnetic Effects of Current & Magnetism; Electromagnetic Induction & Alternating Currents; Electromagnetic Waves; Optics; Dual Nature of Matter & Radiation; Atoms & Nuclei; Electronic Devices; Communication Systems|
|Chemistry||Some Basic Concepts in Chemistry; States of Matter; Atomic Structure; Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure; Chemical Thermodynamics; Solutions; Equilibrium; Redox Reactions and Electrochemistry; Chemical Kinetics; Surface Chemistry; Classification of Elements & Periodicity in Properties; General Principals & Processes Of Isolation Of Metals; Hydrogen; S-Block Elements; P – Block Elements; D&F Block Elements; Co-ordination Compounds; Environmental Chemistry; Purification & Characterization of Organic Compounds; Basic Principles of Organic Chemistry; Hydrocarbons; Organic Compounds containing Halogens/Oxygen/Nitrogen; Polymers; Biomolecules; Chemistry in Everyday Life; Principles related to Practical Chemistry|
|Mathematics||Sets, Relations and Functions; Complex Numbers and Quadratic Equations; Matrices & Determinants; Permutations & Combinations; Mathematical Induction; Binomial Theorem; Sequences & Series; Limit, Continuity & Differentiability; Integral Calculus; Differential Equations; Coordinate Geometry; Three Dimensional Geometry; Vector Algebra; Statistics & Probability; Trigonometry; Mathematical Reasoning|
|Aptitude Test||Awareness of places, persons, buildings, and materials; Texture and objects related to Architecture and building environment; Visualizing 3D objects from 2D drawings; Visualizing different sides of 3D objects.
Mental Ability (Visual, Numerical and Verbal), Analytical Reasoning, Three dimensional – perception and appreciation of scale and proportion of objects, color, texture, building forms and elements, contrast and harmony.
|Drawing Test||Drawing and designing of geometrical or abstract shapes and patterns in pencil; Transformation of forms both 2 D and 3 D union; Elevations and 3 D views of objects Rotation; Development of surfaces and volumes; Generation of Plan; Creating 2D and 3D compositions using given shapes and forms; Sketching of activities from memory of urban scenes (public space, festivals, market, street scenes, recreational spaces monuments, etc.); landscape (gardens, trees, riverfronts, jungles, plants etc.) and rural life.|
JEE Main Answer Key
NTA will host the official answer keys for both papers of JEE Main along with individual candidate’s OMR Sheets for a short period of time on the official website. Candidates can check their answers against the answer key and draw an estimate of their score in the exam.
The organising body also welcomes challenges to the answer key from candidates, if any, supported by valid evidence. Candidates can submit their challenges online along with a fee of INR 1000 per question, payable online via a debit/credit card. Please note that if the challenge is found acceptable by the authority, the challenge fee will be refunded. The decision of NTA/JAB on the challenges will be final and no further communication will be entertained in this regard. The final result of JEE Main will be based on the revised Answer Key.
JEE Main Result
The result for JEE Main 2019 will be released on the official website. Result for paper 1 and 2 will be announced separately along with All India Ranks (AIR) and Category Ranks. The scorecard will have to be downloaded from the website. Please note that the scorecards will not be dispatched to candidates. Admissions to the NITs, IIITs, CFTIs etc. will be based on the AIR. The JEE Main 2019 Score Card will carry the following details:
- JEE Main All India Rank
- Category Rank
- Total Score in JEE Main
- Sectional Scores secured in each paper
- Qualifying Status for JEE Advanced
JEE Main Cut off
The JEE Main Joint Admission Board (JAB) will release the JEE Main cut-off scores required to seek admission into B.E./B. Tech and B. Arch/B. Plan programs through the Central Seat Allocation Board (CSAB).
All participating institutes that do not use the centralized Seat Allocation Process of JAB will prepare their own merit list based on JEE Main 2019 performance and other parameters as decided by them.
JEE Main Cut off (2018) is indicated in the table provided below:
|OBC – NCL||45|
JEE Main Counselling
The centralized counselling process for JEE Main 2019 is expected to commence in June. Seat Allocation in the institutes participating in the centralized process will be based on AIR and candidate preferences for branch and institute.
JEE Main Counselling is done at three levels in online mode:
- Joint Seat Allocation Authority: IITs, IIITs, NITs and other Central Government Funded Technical Institutes.
- Central Seat Allocation Board-NEUT: AICTE approved institutes in NE States & UTs.
- CSAB-SFTI: Self-funded Technical Institutes.
Document verification for checking the eligibility of candidates is a crucial step in JEE Main Counselling. Based on choice preference, AIR, Category Rank and Availability of Seats, provisional allotment of seat will be announced. Then, candidates have to download the provisional seat allotment letter and pay the requisite amount of fees for the seat acceptance. Once the seat gets confirmed by the reporting center, report to the allotted college for the admission process.
JEE (Main) Unit Central Board of Secondary Education
Plot No. 149, Block – H,
Sector – 63, Noida – 201309
Distt- Gautam Budh Nagar (U.P.)
Helpline No.: 7042399520, 7042399521, 7042399525, 7042399526